Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

I am restarting the IP program. I just got past the first week. It was tough. Headaches, craving sugar and oh so tired. I don't remember when I was so tired. Kind of felt like I had ran 10 miles. Feeling better now. My husband is also going to try to loose on his own program. We would both like to loose 50lbs. So here we go. Good to be back among the living.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi Pat, have you tried the Cron-o-meter? I still think it's the best labor saving thing I've had in years BUT it's been down twice since the 9th. I'm wondering if you've had the same experience?
I am cat sitting at my daughter's and didn't have my regular computer till I nipped home for a bit this weekend.

I responded several times to posts on this tread using my ipad and every time managed to hit something and wipe out the whole post. Now I have my laptop at my daughter's too.

I was quite pleased to discover that there was an app for Crono-o-meter for $2.99, so I downloaded that to the ipad. Now I am trying to fill in the numbers for protein/carbs/fat. I think 90 for the protein is good for me and I think it is 30 for the carbs. But I can't remember what the fat # should be. Are 90 & 30 about right?
I need to start tracking carefully again. I did at first with mfp but slacked off on that. I think I also have slacked off on getting all the protein in so I will need to start weighing my protein at the evening meal and entering that.Along with everything elso of course but I think that is an issue for me.

Pat
Old 01-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #348  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
I am restarting the IP program. I just got past the first week. It was tough. Headaches, craving sugar and oh so tired. I don't remember when I was so tired. Kind of felt like I had ran 10 miles. Feeling better now. My husband is also going to try to loose on his own program. We would both like to loose 50lbs. So here we go. Good to be back among the living.
Welcome back.

I'd like to make an observation, and maybe you can chime in, too, Gabby.

You know what I hate about this program? And I don't use that word [too] flippantly. I truly hate being cold all the time. I didn't mention this on the other threads because then a slew of people would start imagining that they were suffering when before they just thought it was winter. But I'm sitting in a room that's between 70-72 F; turtle neck sweater with an even heavier turtle neck over it, skirt, slip, knee socks, ankle warmers, which are on my knees, and I'm freezing. If it were really cold then I would have at least one animal in my lap. If it were freezing, they would be in bed under the covers. Both are having their before bed last bites and before that they were happily asleep, just in one of their usual places. You too?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #349  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Welcome back.

I'd like to make an observation, and maybe you can chime in, too, Gabby.

You know what I hate about this program? And I don't use that word [too] flippantly. I truly hate being cold all the time. I didn't mention this on the other threads because then a slew of people would start imagining that they were suffering when before they just thought it was winter. But I'm sitting in a room that's between 70-72 F; turtle neck sweater with an even heavier turtle neck over it, skirt, slip, knee socks, ankle warmers, which are on my knees, and I'm freezing. If it were really cold then I would have at least one animal in my lap. If it were freezing, they would be in bed under the covers. Both are having their before bed last bites and before that they were happily asleep, just in one of their usual places. You too?
YES!! I am cold all. of. the. time. I had a hot bath last night and one before lunch today because I couldn't stand it anymore. Definitely another thing I hate about this plan as I already tend to be on the cold side as it is.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Funny being cold hasn't happened with me at all. Well it will when I head to work tomorrow as winter finally decided to arrive and it will be around -30 C.

I usually mind heat though.

I forgot to mention in previous post that I was very excited to see krill oil at Costco the other day. I will need to jot down the specifics of what I ordered online and compare it to waht they have. They both are pure krill oil but I need to check the amount of tablets and amount in each one and the price.
It may only be at Costco in Canada though because it comes from the canadian Arctic.
Linden, if you didn't see the above post please give be the protien/carb/fat #s I need for the Cronometer. Thanks,
Pat
Old 01-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #351  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

i'm starting IP again tomorrow. My first round was last year on 1/31/11 and i lost about 40 pounds. i've gained 20 back!! and i gained all that back in just 4 months!

between 2 vacations, thanksgiving, christmas and a surgery, i'm up 20 pounds. on the up side i treated myself to a neck lift after 75 pounds of weight lost and i love it. my neck is still really tight so movement is a bit restricted, but it takes years off of me and i'm only in my early 30's.

i'm hoping i have the strength and willpower to do this diet again. i never made it past phase 1 on the first go round. it's nice to see some familiar names and faces in here.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #352  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
You know what I hate about this program? And I don't use that word [too] flippantly. I truly hate being cold all the time.
Oh my gosh! This is so true. Add to this that I work in an office with two women that have hot flashes all the time and so it can be -5 outside and they are running ceiling fans and have the windows open! I sit in my office with a blanket wrapped around me. It's crazy.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #353  
Re-started IP 01/16/12

S/C/G: 220/206/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Re-starting!!!

I lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks last fall, then had a few family crises and turned to my good old comfort food! I had a really hard time finding the motivation to start it back up again, but am finally ready. Going on a cruise this summer and DEFINITELY want to look my old slim self again! Appreciate the support on this site
Old 01-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #354  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I am cat sitting at my daughter's and didn't have my regular computer till I nipped home for a bit this weekend.

I responded several times to posts on this tread using my ipad and every time managed to hit something and wipe out the whole post. Now I have my laptop at my daughter's too.

I was quite pleased to discover that there was an app for Crono-o-meter for $2.99, so I downloaded that to the ipad. Now I am trying to fill in the numbers for protein/carbs/fat. I think 90 for the protein is good for me and I think it is 30 for the carbs. But I can't remember what the fat # should be. Are 90 & 30 about right?
I need to start tracking carefully again. I did at first with mfp but slacked off on that. I think I also have slacked off on getting all the protein in so I will need to start weighing my protein at the evening meal and entering that.Along with everything elso of course but I think that is an issue for me.

Pat
I gave you a kind of non-answer in another thread about the fat because it varies so much. Here it is: "It's hard to say precisely, Pat. 9 grams from 2 t olive oil. About 2-3 g from vegetables and lettuce; whatever's in the krill oil; and whatever you get from 8 ounces of meat of fish. 8 ounces of raw 95% fat free ground beef has 11.3 grams of fat, for instance. 8 ounces of light water packed tuna has 1.9."

But what puzzles me is that I'm not able to chose exact amounts in the Profile. Can you on your app? Either I pick one of their choices, like to lose 2 pounds a week (HA) or you can customize the ratios, 5:2:2 for instance, but those figures are not what I really go by because they equal 711 calories, 99 protein, 39.5 carbs, and 17.6 g of fat. Mostly I just ignore them and head for 800 calories, 100 g protein, under 30 carbs, and about 20 - 23 g of fat with lots of give and take on the fat. I think I do better with a little more fat than less. It's hard to tell when you juggle the same .4 pounds of weight loss/gain for days on end.

(First big, real flakes of snow earlier this morning; first time puppy's been out in it. Is it possible for eyes to get rounder?)
Old 01-16-2012, 04:17 AM   #355  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIGAL21 View Post
I lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks last fall, then had a few family crises and turned to my good old comfort food! I had a really hard time finding the motivation to start it back up again, but am finally ready. Going on a cruise this summer and DEFINITELY want to look my old slim self again! Appreciate the support on this site
Hey Juli, nice motivation! Best of luck. You, too, CajunBB. As an added incentive to keep going you might want to read the 3 Maintaining threads (2 up in the stickies). Not only are they chock full of information about how to maintain AND its importance, but pretty strong motivation to get there. Best of luck with the program to you, too.

Last edited by Linden; 01-16-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #356  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

2nd week back - hanging in there - going for weigh-in today. Also starting 2nd week of interval training. I hope it easier than last week! Have a great day!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #357  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Good Monday morning and Martin Luther King Day. Welcome to all the new ones joining our thread! I have a couple of questions for those who have so much knowledge on the IP program. I know we can use splenda but can we use truvia or any other? Splenda seems to give me headaches even though I only use 1 pkg in a cup of hot tea. Also, since they have raised the amount of protein we can have since I started last year, can we have an additional egg instead of two. Last night I made a salad with hard boiled eggs on it and it made me wonder if I was getting enough protein with just two eggs.

Got some additional exercise yesterday taking the dogs for a walk through snow drifts. What fun it was to watch the short girl plow through the snow. She loved it! Actually it was more like hop, hop, hop through it. Wish I had taken my camera with me.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #358  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Good Monday morning and Martin Luther King Day. Welcome to all the new ones joining our thread! I have a couple of questions for those who have so much knowledge on the IP program. I know we can use splenda but can we use truvia or any other? Splenda seems to give me headaches even though I only use 1 pkg in a cup of hot tea. Also, since they have raised the amount of protein we can have since I started last year, can we have an additional egg instead of two. Last night I made a salad with hard boiled eggs on it and it made me wonder if I was getting enough protein with just two eggs.
Stevia is okay as well, I'm pretty sure that's what Truvia is made out of so it should be okay. I have the newest copy of the phase 1 sheet (the one with 8oz meat) and it still says 2 eggs, I thought the same thing. I generally supplement them with a couple of egg whites just to make sure I'm getting enough protein. Welcome back!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Hey guys!! I had been kind of resistant to posting on here because I had SUCH a hard time restarting in December and was never on plan for more than 2 days. Proud to say though that I've now been OP for 2 weeks and am .2lbs down from my ending IP weight in October. It's amazing how quickly this diet can reverse the damage we do to ourselves when we go off plan. This is going to be my last time on phase 1 because now I'm on until goal. I am finding though that the cravings the first week were worse just because I remembered, but now my taste buds are starting to change and I'm feeling pretty good again. I'm also enjoying the reduced stress about money. Last time I was always worried and feeling guilty about spending so much, but now I have a good balance and can just focus on getting this weight off!

Linden - I have to say I really agree with you about being cold. It is ridiculous. There are times (when hubby's not home mind you) I will turn the heat to 80 and still can't get warm.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #360  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post

Got some additional exercise yesterday taking the dogs for a walk through snow drifts. What fun it was to watch the short girl plow through the snow. She loved it! Actually it was more like hop, hop, hop through it. Wish I had taken my camera with me.
Hi there. As someone pointed out to me last week, Truvia has carbs. I don't use it so was really mistaken. If you can get a product called Stevita, do. It's stevia with a little something that makes it dissolve much more easily. I'd get the powdered stevia. It's cheaper and it's a lot easier to use.

I never made eggs a protein meal except in phase 3, and that for lunch, because 2 have 155 calories and only 12.6 g of protein. I don't want to have that little protein (plus snack) to see me though the night and 3 eggs equal 25% of the day's calories. But that's just me. I'm not making a recommendation. Hope things are going really well. And for the rest of you, too. Good to see you, Ruby. And that IS good news, NMom.

Last edited by Linden; 01-16-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread