Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #211  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! It's such a weird mind game to totally know what you need to do but feel weak to make the decision then follow through to do it. I'm completely convinced I can't dance in the grey zone...I have to be committed and on point. Today is almost 2 full days back on phase 1. Dare I say, besides the withdraw headaches, I feel a million times better? The cravings are down probably 70% and the bloat is going away. I did a big shopping trip last night and I literally bought up everything that helped me succeed before!

Linden, I'm off to research that info on insulin resistance, thank you!
Marion, that chilli looks amazing. I ate my salad at my office with a space heater blowing on my face. I was freezing and, boy, would your chili have tasted way better! Salads in the winter...hmmm...
IowaHawkey, I'm close....in Nebraska! Can we be friends now that we're football rivals?

C'mon, ladies! We can all do this. One good choice followed by another, right?
Old 12-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #212  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
Marion, that chilli looks amazing. I ate my salad at my office with a space heater blowing on my face. I was freezing and, boy, would your chili have tasted way better! Salads in the winter...hmmm...
C'mon, ladies! We can all do this. One good choice followed by another, right?
Ash, I didn't mention it, but when it's warmer outside, I don't add the spinach to the chili and I will put the hot chili over either fresh spinach or lettuce as sort of a salad. I just tend to like meat hot.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

after being so good and I thought all goodies were out of the house, a friend stopped by with homemade cookies and I binged, I don't know where it came from. Feel bad.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #214  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Ash825...sure we can be friends even though we are rivals now. In my house two of my kids graduated from Iowa and the third is at Iowa State. Good thing the State student was a Hawkeye fan though. It's all good though.

Well....I don't deserve a drum roll for my weigh in today. I almost had to be rolled in to get weighed. My o my...what did I do to myself? Up 9 pounds since mid Nov. WOW! Never have I done that before. I think I hit my breaking point and got mad enough that I'm finally where I need to be with my mind and this diet. I'm so sick of feeling sick. Pants are too tight and my belly is hanging over like a spare tire. Gluttony comes to mind with my past eating habits.

I got my game on now with today's reality check.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 135/124/120

Hi. Just thought I would introduce myself. I've been snooping around this site for about a month now. I started doing IP at the end of November and fell off the wagon over Christmas and feel I've done horrible damage to my body. My husband and I are going on our honeymoon in Hawaii at the end of January and would like to lose pounds before then. I guess I'm looking for some advice here. I'm debating if I should start Phase I (using alternatives) Jan. 1and phase out before my honeymoon, which won't leave me much time to phase out. Or stay in Phase 1 throughout my honeymoon, and if I cheat here and there then so be it, and get right back on track when we get back from vacation. I just don't know what's best for my body and I'm completely confused. lol

I should note that I am doing this on my own, without a coach. I have been using the EAS shakes but if someone knows of anything better/healthier, I would love to know!

Congrats to those who made it through the holidays on IP! Wish I could have been strong like you!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Default I'm lost...

So, Im totally new to this site. I just happened to stumble upon it tonight. I registered. However, I am reading over some posts, the most recent ones and I see terms like "IP, coach, EAS shakes, phase 1 and 2." Are these code for something? lol I guess I am more lost than I thought I was. I started watching my fat and calorie intake two weeks ago. I should be doing more than "watching" the fat and calorie intake, I should be starving myself, at my weight.

Anyways, It is hard not to get down on yourself at 293 pounds. However, I am an active 293 pound woman. I started to attempt p90x with my sister over the last two weeks. It's pretty intense. I only do it a couple of days a week. Just starting out slow... I have always been an active individual... I was a cheerleader at 230 pounds because I could do things that other "overweight" women couldn't do. I was always involved with sports. I just at some point got, this big. I know where my problem is, it's not exercise, it's FOOD. I crave food ALL the time. I'm convinced i'm addicted to food... i could be completely stuffed to the gills and if someone has food in front of me i automatically want it.

PLEASE, tell me i'm not the only person that feels this way? i need support... and I have one overweight friend who is completely uninterested in losing weight then my other friends are 110 pounds. My husband, is about 220 at 6'2.. and for the most part healthy as a horse. I, on the other hand, am not so healthy.

Well, I plan on posting here everyday... maybe it will provide me with the support i am seeking...
Old 12-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #217  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
So, Im totally new to this site. I just happened to stumble upon it tonight. I registered. However, I am reading over some posts, the most recent ones and I see terms like "IP, coach, EAS shakes, phase 1 and 2." Are these code for something? lol I guess I am more lost than I thought I was. I started watching my fat and calorie intake two weeks ago. I should be doing more than "watching" the fat and calorie intake, I should be starving myself, at my weight.

Anyways, It is hard not to get down on yourself at 293 pounds. However, I am an active 293 pound woman. I started to attempt p90x with my sister over the last two weeks. It's pretty intense. I only do it a couple of days a week. Just starting out slow... I have always been an active individual... I was a cheerleader at 230 pounds because I could do things that other "overweight" women couldn't do. I was always involved with sports. I just at some point got, this big. I know where my problem is, it's not exercise, it's FOOD. I crave food ALL the time. I'm convinced i'm addicted to food... i could be completely stuffed to the gills and if someone has food in front of me i automatically want it.

PLEASE, tell me i'm not the only person that feels this way? i need support... and I have one overweight friend who is completely uninterested in losing weight then my other friends are 110 pounds. My husband, is about 220 at 6'2.. and for the most part healthy as a horse. I, on the other hand, am not so healthy.

Well, I plan on posting here everyday... maybe it will provide me with the support i am seeking...
Mrs.Murphy, IP is short for Ideal Protein. It's a particular diet plan that all of us in this part of the forums are doing and it's been very effective. A year and a half ago, I was over 300 pounds and now I'm around 225. There are others here that have lost over 100 pounds. If you are interested, I'd suggest doing going to Ideal Protein's site and seeing if there's a coach nearby. There are alternatives that you can do and you can poke around this forum and find lots of tips.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #218  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey6 View Post
Hi. Just thought I would introduce myself. I've been snooping around this site for about a month now. I started doing IP at the end of November and fell off the wagon over Christmas and feel I've done horrible damage to my body. My husband and I are going on our honeymoon in Hawaii at the end of January and would like to lose pounds before then. I guess I'm looking for some advice here. I'm debating if I should start Phase I (using alternatives) Jan. 1and phase out before my honeymoon, which won't leave me much time to phase out. Or stay in Phase 1 throughout my honeymoon, and if I cheat here and there then so be it, and get right back on track when we get back from vacation. I just don't know what's best for my body and I'm completely confused. lol

I should note that I am doing this on my own, without a coach. I have been using the EAS shakes but if someone knows of anything better/healthier, I would love to know!
Hi and welcome. First off, if you go up to the top of the site, the second stickie I think, click on it, and you'll find a whole discussion of alternatives, their pros and cons.

If you start up again on January 1 I really, really wouldn't wouldn't phase off. Just more roller coastering for you system to absorb, and it can't really be good for you. Hawai'i is where I live when I'm not in Europe and, depending on which island/s you're visiting, it's quite possible to stay on plan if you're REALLY careful and eat a lot of [really good] fish. Ono should be in season. Ono's the Hawai'ian word for ''good'' and is it ever. If you're bent on phasing off, instead I'd wait until after the honeymoon, watch your carbs, sugars, and fat, and getting back into ketosis shouldn't be too hard. Good luck with whatever you do and feel free to lurk or post. You're very welcome.

Last edited by Linden; 12-30-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Hi - I've been here off and on, mostly off since the summer. It's taken me a while to recommit but a last night late night scare with heart palpitations (I was originally put on this diet by my cardiologist) has me starting today instead of Monday. I am probably the most carb sensitive of anyone on this site. After going off the program last May, I gained back all the weight plus 17 lbs while still eating fairly low carb and exercising every day. I just have to accept that I cannot ever eat them. But more importantly - this diet lowered my blood sugar (I'm diabetic) my blood pressure (I'm hypertensive)and my cholesterol (I'm at high risk for stroke), so, you might wonder how on earth I ever stopped doing the program. Well, my best friend in the world was killed over the summer and two days after giving his eulogy I had to put my little chihuahua, Rita, to sleep. And then the holidays hit and somehow I immersed myself in trying not to think or feel. That has landed me back in the land of ill health. So - this diet really isn't an option. So I'm back. With low self esteem and a little frightened, but I'm back. I started today with the apple cinnamon puffs and am looking forward to my salad for lunch. Fish and roasted asparagus for dinner. Its' not so bad. I'll probably cancel out of going to the NY's Eve party tomorrow night. I'm so glad this forum exists. I could not do this program without it.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Welcome back esammy, you are a very beautiful woman and now you are going to be the healthiest you can be! It is an everyday struggle for me too, it must be similar to an addict. I try to get through one day at a time. lol.
HAPPY 2012!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #221  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Welcome to the newbies! Here you are among friends that will help you along the way. I know from personal experience on that. They are always here for me and they will be for you too.

Esammy12.....I am so glad you came back. Hugs to you. Together we can do this. Did I mention that I'm so glad you are back?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #222  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

esammy12...I remember you! I'm, too, back after a 30 lb gain. Feeling better just 3 days in. I am also very carb sensitive (and insulin resistant) so I piled on weight the moment I moved to phase 3. I'll need to be on some form of this diet for quite awhile (forever??). Welcome back!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #223  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi - I've been here off and on, mostly off since the summer.
Esaammy...many of us lost and regained to varying amounts. If we could find a way to stop emotional eating, we'd be rich. It's frustrating for me because my faith is very important to me and when I seek comfort elsewhere (food) I know I'm not living my faith. Anyway, I'm glad you found your way back to us.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:38 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

esammy & ash;

Welcome back. i am not actually a restarter as I'm still chugging away on my very slow first kick at this. I too am super carb sensitive so I know maintenance will be tough. Ash, you hit my greatest fear on the head. I am looking at phase 3 and know from experience that when I have eaten those types of foods in the past i gained weight rapidly. So I have been watching carefully how people do at that stage.
I am sticking to phase 1 right to goal and hope I learn to negotiate a way from there to what will be normal eating for me for the rest of my life.

Here's hoping for the best for all of us.
esammy, so sorry about your health scare and hope you are able to overcome the heart problems.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 12-30-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

I have tried every way I can to delete my picture from my signature and it just won't let me. There's a box next to my picture that says "Delete" and when I check it and save the changes it won't accept the change saying "You can't delete your picture when it's being used in your signature". Does anyone know how to do this? I never meant to put a billboard of my face on here, I just can't reduce it or get it removed.
Closed Thread