Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #16  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
I agree, it is very frustrating to see others and their good weight losses and mine is low or at 0, even gained 1 week and always stay 100% on plan. My DH was also doing IP, he continued to loose on phases 2,3 & maintenance, this makes it even more frustrating seeing what he eats and loosing compared to what I eat. I didn't use to weigh every day, now I am doing that just hoping to see some results. I am not giving up, I've come too far, but sure wish the whoosh fairy would come. I would like to start exercising but am scared to in case it causes more wight gain. Good luck to you
Haha, I hear you. My DH runs on the treadmill every other night for 20 mins and loses weight when he wants to. It's just not fair!!! As I make all the meals in the house he eats healthy during the week but our weekends have always been our break from eating healthy. Including our kids. I'm looking forward to having that day back as I miss it. Our son plays basketball in the city every Saturday so we go out for a meal every Saturday. Which we still do but I have my healthy meal and they indulge.

My sister and I had the exercise discussion this morning, she just started IP as well (Angelique06). I'm scared to start exercising as I don't want to change anything in my routine right now.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Now you know how I have felt for the whole journey! Slow losses are frustrating, but at least I was losing, whereas before I couldn't lose to save my life!

I star!t Phase II tomorrow. Got to my doctor first thing this morning, thank heavens, she got me right in. She said I had a very nasty UTI and possibly into the kidneys with how much blood was in my urine. I am sooooo miserable right now. So, I am going for the phase II tomorrow! I really think that my body needs the fruit and yogurt of phase III/IV.

I do think the weight loss is dependent on numerous things, I for one am 53 yrs. old, post-meno & hypothyroid. When I was young I could lose weight super easy. I also think when someone has more to lose they lose better, until they get to a lower weight. So, do what ya have to do and if that means phasing off and giving the old body a break, well than it is what it is.

We have all done fabulous and I am not quiting, I am phasing off properly and will stay on the boards. If I can't lose the last 20 lbs on my own, I will return to phase I at a later date. Have a great day and be thankful that you can pee without pain. lol.
So glad you got into the dr. Now get better! Good luck with phase 2. Stick around so we can see if you lose better on that phase. That and, we'd miss ya if you left us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Yvette and Itsabouttime

I was kind of reading through your conversation and thought I might throw in what my doctor(IP consultant) told me when I decided to restart. He said that sometimes we just need more food and that particularly on the nights when I'm dancing, I probably just need to add some food. I asked if he meant another packet, and he said it could be that or some extra meat or some carbs, but that it's such a fine line we walk between being in ketosis and being in starvation mode.

I think this kind of fits with what you were saying about your doc having better success when he went to phase 2. His body needed more food.

As far as your goal, Yvette, I'd just lower my goal 15 pounds and see if it makes a difference. It seems silly but sometimes things like that work. Without knowing your body type and history, it's also just possible that you body wants to settle at a weight a little higher than you'd like it to be. I think that would leave you a choice of whether you want to battle it or just know that you are eating healthy and your body weighs what it needs to.

I'm thankful this thread was started as well because although I'm I just restarted, I really am not having any problems staying on the plan. I was back in ketosis by the third morning and had good weight loss (9lbs) the first week. For the most part, it feels like riding a bike---though I'm certain there will be days!
Thanks for the info! It is a fine line between starvation and ketosis....so frustrating. I only lost .2 one week when I was plainly in starvation mode. I did that to myself and it was a horrible mistake. On the other hand, you don't want to eat enough to kick you out of ketosis and start craving things you don't need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
Congrats to all of you on the weight lost so far!! One piece of advice I learned (from experience) is to make sure that you have a full serving of protein during the meals when you go to phase 2.

I was worried about eating too much and actually put only a half can of tuna on a salad instead of the recommended amount of a full can for a few days in a row, and found that when I "upped" it to the proper amount I had really good losses.

Good luck with testing what works, the best part is you're fueling your body either way so it shouldn't harm anything!!!
I used a full can yesterday so that's good to know. Also, how many ounces of protein are we supposed to have at lunch? I know they upped the protein allowance at night but I haven't had to worry about the day time meal. I can look through my info but it's just as easy to ask here.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #18  

Count me in on the scared to exercise club. I've had good intentions a few times but chicken out every single time.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

I'm not sure I did it right, but I did the same at lunch as at dinner. I did keep an eye on red meat and fatty fish (salmon) - not both the same day, but I don't know if that was necessary.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for starting this thread ItsAboutTime. Kind feel like a whiner on the daily chat and I'm scared I'll frighten newbies with my frustrations. Part of me thinks it really has something to do with the weather as it's cooler and I'm freezing 1/2 the time, ok 90%... How can you're body burn fat when its natural instinct is to preserve energy and hold onto fat stores to keep you from freezing to death?? LOL. I need to dash the youngest to the dentist but I shall return and read all the posts not just skim like i just did. -hangs head in shame- :P
Old 10-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Thanks for starting this thread ItsAboutTime. Kind feel like a whiner on the daily chat and I'm scared I'll frighten newbies with my frustrations. Part of me thinks it really has something to do with the weather as it's cooler and I'm freezing 1/2 the time, ok 90%... How can you're body burn fat when its natural instinct is to preserve energy and hold onto fat stores to keep you from freezing to death?? LOL. I need to dash the youngest to the dentist but I shall return and read all the posts not just skim like i just did. -hangs head in shame- :P
I'm always cold too! I had a guy at work tell me I need a layer of blubber to help me with that. NO thanks! I'd rather be cold.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #22  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Now you know how I have felt for the whole journey! Slow losses are frustrating, but at least I was losing, whereas before I couldn't lose to save my life!

I star!t Phase II tomorrow. Got to my doctor first thing this morning, thank heavens, she got me right in. She said I had a very nasty UTI and possibly into the kidneys with how much blood was in my urine. I am sooooo miserable right now. So, I am going for the phase II tomorrow! I really think that my body needs the fruit and yogurt of phase III/IV.

I do think the weight loss is dependent on numerous things, I for one am 53 yrs. old, post-meno & hypothyroid. When I was young I could lose weight super easy. I also think when someone has more to lose they lose better, until they get to a lower weight. So, do what ya have to do and if that means phasing off and giving the old body a break, well than it is what it is.

We have all done fabulous and I am not quiting, I am phasing off properly and will stay on the boards. If I can't lose the last 20 lbs on my own, I will return to phase I at a later date. Have a great day and be thankful that you can pee without pain. lol.
Hi Bellamack, glad you got in to see the Dr. hope you are soon feeling better. I also am post menopausal, hypothyroid, and I turned 54 last week.I use to be able to lose weight easier, but just could never keep it off. Have done the weight loss with different programs so many times only to gain it back. With all the phases on IP I am more confident that this will be the last weight loss program for me. I am feeling so much better and had excellent blood test results a few weeks ago. I will keep plugging along at a snails pace, but will make it to the finish line eventually.
We have all done so well on here, lets keep going and as a group we will stay strong together. I am going to try to stay off the daily scale thing, it just seems to upset me more.
Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #23  

Quote:
I agree DollFaceBella with everything you said. Hopefully we can all help each other by posting what works and doesn't work for each of us on here
Old 10-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Haha, I hear you. My DH runs on the treadmill every other night for 20 mins and loses weight when he wants to. It's just not fair!!! As I make all the meals in the house he eats healthy during the week but our weekends have always been our break from eating healthy. Including our kids. I'm looking forward to having that day back as I miss it. Our son plays basketball in the city every Saturday so we go out for a meal every Saturday. Which we still do but I have my healthy meal and they indulge.

My sister and I had the exercise discussion this morning, she just started IP as well (Angelique06). I'm scared to start exercising as I don't want to change anything in my routine right now.
My DH doesn't cook at home, only while camping, but he is making his own maintenance breakfasts now. This is a help as I only have to smell it cooking and not do that meal for him.
If you and your sister come up with an exercise plan let me know, I would be interested in hearing what is working for you
Old 10-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
Congrats to all of you on the weight lost so far!! One piece of advice I learned (from experience) is to make sure that you have a full serving of protein during the meals when you go to phase 2.

I was worried about eating too much and actually put only a half can of tuna on a salad instead of the recommended amount of a full can for a few days in a row, and found that when I "upped" it to the proper amount I had really good losses.

Good luck with testing what works, the best part is you're fueling your body either way so it shouldn't harm anything!!!
Thanks for the info, I am actually considering adding a bit more protein to my daily meals, maybe some at lunch and dinner. I am fairly active am maybe I am not getting enough. Also for the last 2 days increased my packages to 4 a day, and no extra meat protein so going to see how that goes
Old 10-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
Hi Bellamack, glad you got in to see the Dr. hope you are soon feeling better. I also am post menopausal, hypothyroid, and I turned 54 last week.I use to be able to lose weight easier, but just could never keep it off. Have done the weight loss with different programs so many times only to gain it back. With all the phases on IP I am more confident that this will be the last weight loss program for me. I am feeling so much better and had excellent blood test results a few weeks ago. I will keep plugging along at a snails pace, but will make it to the finish line eventually.
We have all done so well on here, lets keep going and as a group we will stay strong together. I am going to try to stay off the daily scale thing, it just seems to upset me more.
Have a great day everyone!!
Hey 2011weightbegone,

We are practically twins. I will turn 54 on 1/7. I also got excellent bloodwork results about 2 weeks ago. My doctor who is a little skinny vegatarian and younger than me, said her numbers are not as good as mine and I take nothing except synthroid. She actually said there is no way to make my numbers any better. BP 90/60, total Cholestorl 160, Triglycerides 65, fasting sugar 92, my ratio' for HDL/LDL was perfect. Yeah! She would like me to lose to about 150 lbs, I would like to go to 145 lbs., but I am not in a big hurry, just taking it as it comes. I am a very slow loser and since my numbers are great, I am not worrying about the pace. Good Luck to you, I think we are on the road between IP protocol and the support we get here on 3FC, we have the tools and we all know, it's all about the tools! lol
Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #27  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Doll, you bring up a good point because our bodies will try to conserve fat during the winter. It may be that you actually need more calories because your body is expending so much energy just to stay warm. I've read little tips that drinking cold water causes us to burn more calories...and while that's a small amount, imagine how hard your body is working to warm you in the winter. I really think it comes down to that line between ketosis and starvation mode.

I just want to throw something out here because I see that many of you that are struggling are quite scrupulous with measurements and the types of meats you eat, etc. I probably eat beef 80% of my meat meals. I don't really like fish and chicken just doesn't make me feel as good as beef does. I use olive oil or coconut oil without measuring when I cook. I also, make sure I get at LEAST the required veggies, but I don't sweat it if I go over. I'm 45 years old, hypothyroid, adrenal fatigue and the list goes on, but even still I have had good weight loss (and I did the first time around) and I can't help but think that it's because I'm probably eating just a few more calories--and fat. Perhaps, it might help if you tried just bumping up your calorie/fat intake just a little and see if you get better results.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #28  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

BELLA, I am SO glad you were able to get in to see your doctor!!!!!!

Good luck phasing out it seems like your body really needs it. Keep us posted.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #29  

Just wanted to say hello to everyone on this thread, I totally am not great with computers so I don't know how to mulitpost, so instead of replying to each of you I am going to do 1 post.Looks like we all are having some of the same problems.Thank you ItsAboutTime for starting this thread, it is going to be great to have others to talk with that are dealing with the same issues.
We have all done so well, we have to stay strong and continue on. Our health is so important, and I know for myself I am feeling so much better now with the weight and inches I have already lost to date.
Good luck everyone and have a wonderful day!!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #30  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks a lot, It'sAboutTime. I was so glad to see this thread, because I've been having a weird problem today and wanted to ask a question. But I decided to read the rest of the stuff and save this for a treat. Well! The whole site's mushroomed and my little problem seems insignificant. (I've been hungry all day and that's never, ever ever happened before.)

I feel the frustration/pain, especially for those of you who live with someone or know someone to compare to. And believe me, Bellamack, we could write the book on slow losing and persisting. I laugh -- not mirthfully -- when a lot of people talk about their 3 and 4 pound averages as slow loses. Get real.

But through all of the wishes that things were a little easier, or more consistent, or just ending, I sense (and I sure hope I'm right, at least about myself) that we're going to see this through to the end, whatever we decide that end is. And the decision will be based on rational thought. I find that SO encouraging, and so very different from the tone of most posts in the Forum. And am SO grateful for all of you. I can't imagine doing this in a vacuum. Moreover, Rosemary said something a few days ago that I think is right on the mark and very reassuring -- that of all the myriad diets out there, this is the one we will come back to -- if we need to lose more.

I guess I'm totally with Marion right now. I'm comfortable re-starting; I'm going to see this time around as far as I can push it; and if I need to come back? Well, I will. (I just wish I hadn't been hungry. What's that all about, she asked petulantly?)
Closed Thread