Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 160/IP 155/146/118

Height: 5'2"

Default Day 5 and almost over

I am ecstatic to report that I stayed OP all day. I switched to Phase 2, but definitely OP. I am attending my sons parents weekend at his school and did not know what to expect, but plenty of "reserves" if I couldn't find appropriate food. He had a fabulous salad bar in his dining room and I was so much in heaven that I was able to resist all the amazing looking pastries. I was going to cave a few times, but immediately grabbed a bottle of water and shot it up with MIO and my desires dwindled.....thank god!

What do you do when you come to a "fork" in the road to either follow the angel or the devil. My goto's have been Davinci flavoring teas, water with MIO, broccoli either baked or broiled. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:40 AM   #377  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedocmom View Post
I am ecstatic to report that I stayed OP all day. I switched to Phase 2, but definitely OP. I am attending my sons parents weekend at his school and did not know what to expect, but plenty of "reserves" if I couldn't find appropriate food. He had a fabulous salad bar in his dining room and I was so much in heaven that I was able to resist all the amazing looking pastries. I was going to cave a few times, but immediately grabbed a bottle of water and shot it up with MIO and my desires dwindled.....thank god!

What do you do when you come to a "fork" in the road to either follow the angel or the devil. My goto's have been Davinci flavoring teas, water with MIO, broccoli either baked or broiled. Any other suggestions are appreciated.
I drop to around 20 carbs a day, for ONE day. Yesterday I had 3 cups of Romaine with 25 g cider vinegar, 3 cups of raw baby spinach with 1/2 lemon, and 2 cups of Belgium endive, chopped and mixed with the Romaine. I did this the first time because raw spinach and endive are my absolute favorite go-to vegetables (and 2 of the very few raw vegetables I can eat that aren't goiterogenic). It occurred to me, though, that a "white" vegetable probably wasn't too smart. I was literally dumbfounded when I read its nutrient list: 17 calories, 1.25 g protein, 3.35 carbs, 3.2 fiber (how's that ratio of carbs to fiber!), .25 g sugars, .2 fat, good calcium and potassium, low sodium, good folate and choline, excelent carotene and vitamins A and K. And all 18 essential amino acids. A virtual guilt-free vegetable and as nutritious as spinach. The consequence of eating these three is that I had trouble getting over 20 carbs yesterday and today, for the first time since last Monday, I'm below Monday's weigh-in having yo-yoed up and down because of naprosyn.

Sorry this is so long-winded. But if it helps. . . .

Edit: An afterthought. I also was light on oil because I wasn't frying, brazing, etc. anything and I don't like much oil on salads. So I had 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil in a large Rooibos "tea"; no sweetener. All organic and unprocessed, and wonderful! [Geeze, I'm so virtuous.]
Old 10-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #378  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I drop to around 20 carbs a day, for ONE day. Yesterday I had 3 cups of Romaine with 25 g cider vinegar, 3 cups of raw baby spinach with 1/2 lemon, and 2 cups of Belgium endive, chopped and mixed with the Romaine. I did this the first time because raw spinach and endive are my absolute favorite go-to vegetables (and 2 of the very few raw vegetables I can eat that aren't goiterogenic). It occurred to me, though, that a "white" vegetable probably wasn't too smart. I was literally dumbfounded when I read its nutrient list: 17 calories, 1.25 g protein, 3.35 carbs, 3.2 fiber (how's that ratio of carbs to fiber!), .25 g sugars, .2 fat, good calcium and potassium, low sodium, good folate and choline, excelent carotene and vitamins A and K. And all 18 essential amino acids. A virtual guilt-free vegetable and as nutritious as spinach. The consequence of eating these three is that I had trouble getting over 20 carbs yesterday and today, for the first time since last Monday, I'm below Monday's weigh-in having yo-yoed up and down because of naprosyn.

Sorry this is so long-winded. But if it helps. . . .

Edit: An afterthought. I also was light on oil because I wasn't frying, brazing, etc. anything and I don't like much oil on salads. So I had 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil in a large Rooibos "tea"; no sweetener. All organic and unprocessed, and wonderful! [Geeze, I'm so virtuous.]
I am going to try this today. It sounds like something I would like and something I can do. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #379  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWilkie View Post
Okay Ladies and Gents! I got duped!
I'm not sure where else to put this, and everyone here is always so helpful and supportive.

Let me start by saying I've never been a big fan of my coach. He's not a bad guy, very motivating, but I've always got my info. from this site rather than him, because frankly, he's doesn't know what he's talking about!

Well, I've had quite a hard time re-strating (surprise!) and at my WI last week we agreed that the best way to get going again would be to detox, start fresh. Well....He's an ******** dealer and he convinced me that they had the superior cleanse products compared to IP (I should have done my homework!) so... I gave him my CC # and he ordered my products. Now, what I thought we had agreed on was a 6 days cleanse costing me $11/day....What I actually got was a 30 day cleanse costing me $350!
Okay, Okay, Now I'm freaking out! I don't know how to live off IP yet! I can't handle a 30 day cleanse! But I sucked it up, it's only a month right?

I started yesterday and it turns out the program is not unlike Phase 1, but... the products taste aweful.

So, do I suck it up? Clear all the "Toxins" out of my body, put up with the aweful tasting shakes (no other options like soup)....
Or do I throw the $350 and return to IP? which kinds feels like quiting....which is my #1 problem!

HELP! thoughts, answers, wisdom...anything!
Jamie
I agree that this issue needs to be addressed. The need to be congruent in what we think and how we act is very important in our journey of life. If we cannot learn to love ourselves enough to take care of ourselves, we will not be able to be successful at the things we want for ourselves. Be true to yourself and deal with this (he used his influence irresponsibly). It will make your journey, "this journey", so much easier. ODAT
Old 10-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #380  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Checking in to see how everyone is doing.....I broke my rule and stepped on the scale....Bad me. But, it is moving in the right direction. Now to get thru the weekend. Should be easy since there is NO FOOD in the house other than IP permitted. My poor husband is missing his peppermint patties, peanuts, and chips. Too bad I say.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #381  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Checking in to see how everyone is doing.....I broke my rule and stepped on the scale....Bad me. But, it is moving in the right direction. Now to get thru the weekend. Should be easy since there is NO FOOD in the house other than IP permitted. My poor husband is missing his peppermint patties, peanuts, and chips. Too bad I say.
Smart say I. I think when we reach 500 posts we should call the next thread Hard Time Restarting (But We're Doing It.)

And won't some of the rest of you please chime in and answer Janedocmom's question? Every little hint helps.

I got seriously serious yesterday when I stuck my head out into 34F weather and almost went into instant hibernation. Context: In my other life I own a house that neither has nor needs a furnace.

So I decided if I was going to continue to lose I was going to continue to walk, outside. Hence the added exercise bar. (Looks kind of impressive as steps, doesn't it. I considered kilometers or miles but steps look so much nicer.)

Now if I can just get through the Russian brunch tomorrow (Berlin is
FAMOUS for it's Sunday brunches). Does caviar count as a protein?
Old 10-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #382  

Quote:
Smart say I. I think when we reach 500 posts we should call the next thread Hard Time Restarting (But We're Doing It.)

And won't some of the rest of you please chime in and answer Janedocmom's question? Every little hint helps.

I got seriously serious yesterday when I stuck my head out into 34F weather and almost went into instant hibernation. Context: In my other life I own a house that neither has nor needs a furnace.

So I decided if I was going to continue to lose I was going to continue to walk, outside. Hence the added exercise bar. (Looks kind of impressive as steps, doesn't it. I considered kilometers or miles but steps look so much nicer.)

I don't see why not... check out Benefits of Caviar... love your exercise bar!.. keep warm!..

Quote:
I drink gobs of green tea flavored with peach DaVinci syrup, keep kosher dill pickles on hand at all times, & when I really think I'm hungry, I eat a boiled egg...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 10-15-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #383  
Second time around

Quote:
When I get home at night, and start fixing dinner, my old habits try to talk me into snacking on chips, pretzels, sliced cheese, or anything that is off program. (Before they were removed from my house) Now I grab the jar of dill pickels and push past the temptations. Also grab a glass of water with MIO and then head out to walk the dogs. Remove myself from the kitchen until dinner is done.

Tonight I am sitting here watching the Iowa Hawkeyes on tv and sipping water with Mio. Do I want a pizza and beer? Dang right I do! But, I'm not giving in. If I do, tomorrow I will be on the devil's list. So not worth it.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #384  
Second time around

Quote:

I think you just picked the name for our next thread! I find it interesting to see how many views this one gets. A LOT!

Brrr...it's coming to Iowa soon too. Last year I purchased a pair of snow pants and boots to walk the dogs. Looks like I will be needing them in a month or so. Sometimes that brisk air puts a little quickness in a walk.

Never had caviar......don't think I've ever seen it either. Now I'll have to google it and check it out.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #385  
Second time around

Well who am I to talk about not being a friend with the devil?

Back on today. I hate it when the devil wins.......dusted myself off and back on program today. Why in the heck can I make it 6 days in a row and then wham....I fall from grace? No excuses. Time to buck up and getter done.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #386  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Day 1 already includes a trip to the ER. The good news is nothing is broken and I have x-rays of my ankle, knee and hand. I'm heading in to make my on plan lunch... let's see if I can remember how to do this!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #387  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Day 1 already includes a trip to the ER. The good news is nothing is broken and I have x-rays of my ankle, knee and hand. I'm heading in to make my on plan lunch... let's see if I can remember how to do this!

Eee-youch. Some of us try to do this less dramatically, hoping for the big effect at the end.

Two days until it's 6 weeks and I was so hoping to be half way through. In fact, yesterday I was more than half way. Gained 3.9 pounds between yesterday morning and this morning and it wasn't the Russian brunch because I decided to avoid temptation. Two pain killers. That can be the only explanation. 841 calories; 109 g protein; 24.3 g carbs; and low fat, sugar, salt with 108 ounces of water. No tea; no coffee. I could weep.

Last edited by Linden; 10-17-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #388  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Thanks for your input ladies.
I've decided to stick it out, kind of like IP using Alternatives, except for every 7th day is a cleanse day.
I have let my coach know that I am disappointed, and that I will not be using these products again after the month is over nor referring anyone to use the products.
After my initial freak out I decided that this may be the best way to get me going again. Today is my 4th day OP and I feel great.
Jamie
Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #389  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Eee-youch. Some of us try to do this less dramatically, hoping for the big effect at the end.

Two days until it's 6 weeks and I was so hoping to be half way through. In fact, yesterday I was more than half way. Gained 3.9 pounds between yesterday morning and this morning and it wasn't the Russian brunch because I decided to avoid temptation. Two pain killers. That can be the only explanation. 841 calories; 109 g protein; 24.3 g carbs; and low fat, sugar, salt with 108 ounces of water. No tea; no coffee. I could weep.
So disappointing, Linden! Especially when you've done everything right. Those are the times I really need to not react and realize the weight will come off, if not this week then the next. My body reacts the same when my back starts acting up and I have to take muscle relaxers and Vicodan. Allergy meds can wreak havoc, too! Hang in there and good for you for getting to the halfway mark.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #390  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyswan View Post
So disappointing, Linden! Especially when you've done everything right. Those are the times I really need to not react and realize tmhe weight will come off, if not this week then the next. My body reacts the same when my back starts acting up and I have to take muscle relaxers and Vicodan. Allergy meds can wreak havoc, too! Hang in there and good for you for getting to the halfway mark.
Thanks Samyswan, (I love your name),

I know you're right and I need to stop being a baby about it. I even knew it might, probably would, happen and under the same circumstances I would take the pills again no matter how much I hate to. But damn. OK. I'm finished. Thanks for letting me rant.
Closed Thread