Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #391  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Eee-youch. Some of us try to do this less dramatically, hoping for the big effect at the end.

Two days until it's 6 weeks and I was so hoping to be half way through. In fact, yesterday I was more than half way. Gained 3.9 pounds between yesterday morning and this morning and it wasn't the Russian brunch because I decided to avoid temptation. Two pain killers. That can be the only explanation. 841 calories; 109 g protein; 24.3 g carbs; and low fat, sugar, salt with 108 ounces of water. No tea; no coffee. I could weep.
I've been avoiding taking pain killers today, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to come Thursday when I have 8 teeth removed. I also have a huge final paper due Sunday that I haven't hardly started. I may have decided to begin this on the wrong week, but I'm just going to power through it. Just remind me of the good results I've had if I start to whine too much.

Okay, I'm going to see if I can clear off my desk to a point that I can actually write.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 160/IP 155/146/118

Height: 5'2"

Default Day 7 (I can't believe it!)

[QUOTE=Aunt Sheshie;4072127]
I drink gobs of green tea flavored with peach DaVinci syrup, keep kosher dill pickles on hand at all times, & when I really think I'm hungry, I eat a boiled egg.../QUOTE]

I forgot about dill pickle and they got me out of a diet pickle over the weekend. I bought Pumpkin Pie DaVinci syrup and am hooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Day 1 already includes a trip to the ER. The good news is nothing is broken and I have x-rays of my ankle, knee and hand. I'm heading in to make my on plan lunch... let's see if I can remember how to do this!
What a way to begin! It's like riding a bike once you start. Glad it wasn't too serious and I hope you can keep the aches and pains away. Did you fall dancing?

Quote:
Eee-youch. Some of us try to do this less dramatically, hoping for the big effect at the end.

Two days until it's 6 weeks and I was so hoping to be half way through. In fact, yesterday I was more than half way. Gained 3.9 pounds between yesterday morning and this morning and it wasn't the Russian brunch because I decided to avoid temptation. Two pain killers. That can be the only explanation. 841 calories; 109 g protein; 24.3 g carbs; and low fat, sugar, salt with 108 ounces of water. No tea; no coffee. I could weep.
Oh, Linden, I am so sorry to hear about your gain. There must be something in the air because when I weighed in today I was 3.8 pounds heavier than yesterday. So I feel your gain pain! I thought that mine was do to too much salt because I was woofing down dill pickles and heavy salted turnip fries, eating late and and the diet gods not wanting me to get too confident. From the sounds of it, you are so incredibly disciplined and exacting what you eat, I can appreciate your frustration. That being said, what is the alternative????? The only answer is to stay the IP course and you will be successful. If your back is acting up, then you might not be as active as usual, you may have had more salt than your body is accustomed to (aren't you glad you didn't have the caviar?), or sometimes our bodies show a weight gain prior to a big loss. Hope that helps keep you motivated.

BTW whatever happened with the Omron 514? Does it work now? Can I help you troubleshoot?

Thank you for helping with some food suggestions for the "crazy" times when I want to eat. They were helpful, but does anyone have any food thoughts for when I am driving in the car. It takes an hour by car to visit my son and fiance and I am always wanting to put something in my mouth. Besides drinking water, protein drinks, tea, I am looking for something else. I use to eat Shark Bites when they were on the market since they were the only suckers we could eat. But, true to my compulsive nature I was going through 4+ packages at a whack!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #393  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by janedocmom View Post

What a way to begin! It's like riding a bike once you start. Glad it wasn't too serious and I hope you can keep the aches and pains away. Did you fall dancing?
Nah, I normally don't fall dancing. I was just walking out of church, twisted my ankle, tried to catch myself, but my purse threw me off balance and I landed on my knee and hand! I'm sure it was quite the spectacle. My hand has a really big scrape and bruise. I sure like your theory of keeping aches and pains away!

Is it just me or is the tomato basil soup pink?
Old 10-18-2011, 05:24 AM   #394  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Marion, you're sure taking that spill well. I thought of you this morning when I caught a glimpse of my elbow in the mirror. It looks as though it were dipped in the water that's left over from mixing all the Easter egg dyes. But at least I can cover it with a long sleeve.

And you all might like to check out posts 450 and 453 in Maintainers if you haven't already. They sure resonate for me.

Janedocmom, I'd kill for a DaVinci syrup or a pickle, any kind of pickle, that didn't have sugar. Well, maybe kill a bug but Berlin doesn't have many except lady bugs. And no fleas; no heart worm disease. Can you imagine?

Last edited by Linden; 10-18-2011 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #395  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
Marion, you're sure taking that spill well. I thought of you this morning when I caught a glimpse of my elbow in the mirror. It looks as though it were dipped in the water that's left over from mixing all the Easter egg dyes. But at least I can cover it with a long sleeve.

And you all might like to check out posts 450 and 453 in Maintainers if you haven't already. They sure resonate for me.
Thanks Linden, I will see what I can do to find those posts after I have made some progress on my term paper. There are moments that I wonder if I picked the wrong week to restart, but there's never a perfect time. Ultimately, I think it is easier for me to have my foods pretty basic as long I can handle the lower energy level with the craziness.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #396  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Sorry about all of the pain people are in - I didn't know how severely pain killers affected weight loss. I don't have any at the moment so I am thankful for that. I have recently come off of Prozac and Trazadone which are psychotropics prescribed for an eating disorder 15 years ago. I was told that it may take some time for my body to start to lose because it is trying to adjust to working without those drugs. I am prescription free for the first time in over 20 years. I am totally amazed at what losing weight will do for someone, and what it has done for me. I have gained some back, but I know I will lose it again. Be careful out there and avoid the pain. Keep working at it One Day at a Time! ODAT
Old 10-19-2011, 04:54 AM   #397  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Sorry about all of the pain people are in - I didn't know how severely pain killers affected weight loss. I don't have any at the moment so I am thankful for that. I have recently come off of Prozac and Trazadone which are psychotropics prescribed for an eating disorder 15 years ago. I was told that it may take some time for my body to start to lose because it is trying to adjust to working without those drugs. I am prescription free for the first time in over 20 years. I am totally amazed at what losing weight will do for someone, and what it has done for me. I have gained some back, but I know I will lose it again. Be careful out there and avoid the pain. Keep working at it One Day at a Time! ODAT
Rosemary, I think the observation you made on another thread, that this was the one program, of all the others we could have chosen from, that we all chose to come back to, was luminously brilliant. While I can hardly say that the past six weeks have been a breeze, it sheds some light on what, for me, has had the feeling of comfort and even a bit of optimism against odds -- that I can be moderately successful. Having said that, I just barely squeaked by my half way mark, six weeks to the day. Whew.

And what you said about pain killers is equally true of psychotropics. In gratitude I'm sending a huge WHOOSH your way. With the trade winds across the Atlantic I sure hope it picks up speed.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:52 AM   #398  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Bump.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #399  

Today is my 3rd attempt. I cave at day 3 telling myself I cant do it etc. But I need to, Im swollen and busting out of my size 16. Im 5'11 and feel like Im the biggest person on earth I hope to find time to go thru threads to help me. Im doing this on my own because the local Coach isnt really easy to talk to or understands, she has always been itty bitty. Thanks for having this group.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #400  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpequignot View Post
Today is my 3rd attempt. I cave at day 3 telling myself I cant do it etc. But I need to, Im swollen and busting out of my size 16. Im 5'11 and feel like Im the biggest person on earth I hope to find time to go thru threads to help me. Im doing this on my own because the local Coach isnt really easy to talk to or understands, she has always been itty bitty. Thanks for having this group.
You can do it! Just think about all of us here cheering you on! Be strong and getter done
Old 10-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #401  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpequignot View Post
You can do this! Just focus on making one good choice at a time. Choose to have an OP breakfast, then not to snack, then an OP lunch... etc. Don't focus on how long you think you might need to do it, but right now choose to be the best version of yourself.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Rosemary, I've been reading your posts. I know it is disheartening to have to be a "born again loser" but you have caught it in time. I am on another diet board and have seen no end of people who lose large amounts of weight on other diets then regain it instantly. This is a learning process and by the time the holidays roll around you will be so pleased that you got back on the wagon now. The next time you hit maintenance you will know so much more about how to handle the lifetime plan.

Marion, what a week you are having! The term paper would be enough to derail me. Good luck on your dental surgery, that is a lot all at once. But I think the shakes will be very welcome to you for the next while. Have a good recovery.

Linden, I am also following your posts. We have the same amount to lose and are both halfway there. Also I came very close to accepting a position in an International school in Germay several years ago but took one on the opposite side of Canada instead where I still am. So I am interested on your comments on things you are doing.

I don't post here because this is my first time through, I am very interested in how to maintain for the long run and you all have so much knowledge of how things work in the "real world".

Pat

Last edited by patns; 10-20-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #403  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Linden, I am also following your posts. We have the same amount to lose and are both halfway there. Also I came very close to accepting a position in an International school in Germay several years ago but took one on the opposite side of Canada instead where I still am. So I am interested on your comments on things you are doing.

I don't post here because this is my first time through, I am very interested in how to maintain for the long run and you all have so much knowledge of how things work in the "real world".

Pat
Pat, I'm sure everyone would agree that you are more than welcome here. Different perspectives often mean new insights, at least for me. Oh fap, the dog's eating my dinner. I wait all day for you guys to wake up and post, and when you do. . . .
Old 10-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #404  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Pat, I'm sure everyone would agree that you are more than welcome here. Different perspectives often mean new insights, at least for me. Oh fap, the dog's eating my dinner. I wait all day for you guys to wake up and post, and when you do. . . .
Obviously the dog has been waiting all day for the same moment too.
Pat
Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #405  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

I posted this yesterday on the exercise thread so I hope you don't mind the duplication. But I think the information and its implications are quite important.

http://www.dukehealth.org/health_lib...ning-belly-fat

Pat, a little local color. While we were out for our evening walk, about 7:30, there were people eating their dinner outside restaurants. Most restaurants supply warm lap rugs. It's 49F here now; was probably about 52 then.
Closed Thread