3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 20 April 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/231399-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-20-april-2011-a.html)

Mrs Diettrich 04-20-2011 09:51 PM

Okay, so whoever mentioned the PB2 powder... I'm really glad you didn't bring this up until I was 2 weeks from phasing off... I got a shipment in from Netrition and that stuff is YUMMY. I think it will definitely come in handy for maintenance!

Also, heated up some leftover pork loin roast with some of the WF thick & spicy BBQ sauce - OMG. Who knew that WF actually made something that tasted good?! That will definitely be a product that I keep buying after I'm done on IP!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altona32 (Post 3816880)
I am about to place an order for Waldon Farms and I was wondering if any of you have tried:
Caramel Syrup
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Sesame Ginger Dressing
Thick and Spicy Dressing

Or, if not can you suggest some really good ones to try?

Thanks alot

I just bought the thick & spicy BBQ sauce - it's yummy! Sesame ginger is good on a salad with chicken for an asian salad, or as a stir fry sauce on the cauliflower fried rice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jswanjewel (Post 3817391)
Hi everyone,

So I've been on IP since 1/16/11 and I've lost 40 lbs. However, I've been stuck at 173lbs for the past 3 weeks. I'm so frustrated because I've never cheated and I'm making a huge sacrifice financially.

During my session today my coach looked at me and basically said that she didn't have any answers for me. I'm a nurse and I work long 12 hour days, the concern is that I'm not eating often enough. After I mentioned this to my coach she suggested that I divide up my 4 cups of veggies throughout the day and have 4 packs instead of 3? I'm so confused by this because I don't want to gain. Please help me...
I'll take all of the advice I can get!

Daily Menu Sample

Bkf - Shake, vitamins

Lunch - 2 cups of salad & 2 cups of veggies with protein

Dinner - Shake, 2 cups of veggies & salad, vitamins

Snack - Drink, vitamins

Thanks
Amanda :?:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarix1 (Post 3817410)
Amanda, slip a restricted in there daily and see if that helps. Are you making sure you're getting all your water? You probably walk a lot and need either more protein or a restricted. Of course what the heck do I know, anyone else want to chime in?

I'd definitely try adding the restricted - I know that working 12s is very physical and your body probably needs it. Try adding in a restricted on the days that you're working (I assume you're only working 3 days a week) as a 4th packet and see what happens. Definitely make sure you're getting your water in too, but do try the restricted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altona32 (Post 3817413)
I had my second WI today and I am a bit disappointed. I worked so hard this week and was only down 2.6 lbs. I weighed in at the end of the day. Do you think that this could have added a couple of pounds? I wish I had weighed in the morning. I would feel better.
My first WI was 7 lbs and I was pleased. I sure hope next week is better.
I am dying for that scale to say under 200. Im almost there !! :)

Of course in the morning vs in the evening makes a difference - how much water did you drink today before you weighed in? All the food you've eaten, packets you've had, etc. I weighed one of my 32 oz. filled water bottles - that sucker weighs 2 lbs. That's a lot of weight!

Pxlkitty4 04-20-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

I had my second WI today and I am a bit disappointed. I worked so hard this week and was only down 2.6 lbs. I weighed in at the end of the day. Do you think that this could have added a couple of pounds? I wish I had weighed in the morning. I would feel better.

If you weighed in after eating and with more water in you then normal, it will definitely have an impact. My weigh in two weeks ago was 8:30pm, and I only lost 1pm. My weight drop the week after was more. 2.6 is still good, though. And you had a great 1st week too, so don't get discouraged. The numbers may seem small, but they add up fast.

AprilH3 04-20-2011 09:55 PM

I had a restricted veggie, tomato sauce, would it be really bad to have my bar? I hate giving it up. :(

Pxlkitty4 04-20-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich (Post 3817487)
Okay, so whoever mentioned the PB2 powder... I'm really glad you didn't bring this up until I was 2 weeks from phasing off... I got a shipment in from Netrition and that stuff is YUMMY. I think it will definitely come in handy for maintenance!

Also, heated up some leftover pork loin roast with some of the WF thick & spicy BBQ sauce - OMG.

I am waiting for a netrition order with PB2 in it. So give it to the hubs, huh? That's what I was planning.

I also love the thick and spicy BBQ sauce. Luckily, I can buy that at my local grocery store. Its my go to marinade and sauce for BBQ chicken. That and Chipotle Ranch are my favorites. Bacon Ranch is ok too, as is the Italian.

blueandwhite 04-20-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilH3 (Post 3817493)
I had a restricted veggie, tomato sauce, would it be really bad to have my bar? I hate giving it up. :(

I'm pretty sure the occasional veggies aren't restricted 'once a day' like the packets. Just means you can only eat from that list of veggies 2 times per week.

CinnamonSparkles 04-20-2011 10:07 PM

In a skillet

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarix1 (Post 3817428)
Wow, I have a bunch of sheets that I've never opened, how do you toast them? stupid question I know, in a toaster oven? do you put anything on them? could we use them for a cracker somehow? put shrimp and wf ketchup and horseradish on it? Here I go again!

In a frying pan. Turn on the heat and let it get hot. Break the nori sheets into pieces that will fit in the pan. Put the whole sheet/piece in contact with the pan's surface. It turns green when toasted. I break mine into 4 pieces and the last 2 toast faster because the pan is good and hot by that time. I also toast sesame seeds in a dry pan like that. :)
Good idea to use them as crackers! I just eat them plain. My bf licks them and sprinkles sea salt on so it sticks. A Japanese way to eat scrambled eggs is to crush some toasted nori on top of the eggs with sesame seeds.

Ray 04-20-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamabearone (Post 3816812)
lol thank you for the tip!! I never noticed it either!!! So, don't feel alone! :D

i hadn't noticed that either. LOL.

AprilH3 04-20-2011 10:12 PM

So it's not a big deal to have a limited veggie and a restricted item on the same day? I'm confused.

blkbmr06 04-20-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowclover (Post 3817258)
Wow you're gorgeous! is your hair naturally red? I have the light skin and freckles, green eyes and.. mouse brown hair. :P Thinking about trying red but I'm scared!

Go for it! Use a coppery red...gorgeous with green eyes! (I'm a M-A-C make-up artist)

Ray 04-20-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altona32 (Post 3816880)
I am about to place an order for Waldon Farms and I was wondering if any of you have tried:
Caramel Syrup
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Sesame Ginger Dressing
Thick and Spicy Dressing

Or, if not can you suggest some really good ones to try?

Thanks alot

hello altona32, i have the caramel and i love it. i also like the original bbq sauce. for dressings i have the caesar, ranch, honey dijon and thousand island. i'm not totally crazy for them, but today i put caesar dressing, grapeseed oil, red dragon soya sauce(no carbs, calories, fat, but has some sodium)pepper and garlic powder and it was a very nice blend for a dressing. and it was ip friendly. so i think i will do that to all the dressings when i'm having a salad. i even mixed it with mushrooms and celery that i had steamed in a microve ziploc steam bag. you can tell i am getting creative with the veggies. i'm not real crazy on veggies, but i'm getting better. which wf products have you tried?

Ray 04-20-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NannyOgg (Post 3816936)
Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Got my scale. And it works. Boy does it work! The numbers are a worse than I had hoped for, but better than I expected. At least that's something. When the scale said 441, I almost lost it. I had to think of what it might have said when I started IP 3 weeks ago or what it would say if I never started IP. I know at least now I am doing something, but it's still shocking. It's going to be a very long road, but the number on the scale will keep me motivated. I NEVER want to see that again!!

you are going to ROCK THIS DIET! i am soooooo excited to see your progress every week. don't step on it everyday if possible. i'm bad for that too, but have decided that i'm going to put it away and only step on it on weigh in day. good luck this week. what day is your weigh in?

jswanjewel 04-20-2011 10:57 PM

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I will definitely add a restricted to my long days! I will also try to see if I can get more water in, I already drink well over a gallon a day.

Amanda

Keair 04-20-2011 10:59 PM

Hello everyone! I made the cabbage rolls that I found on the recipe thread somewhere and they were amazing!!! My hubs even loved them!!!!

I also have a problem... My boss's birthday is Friday and she really loves my homemade cheesecake, so I told her thats what I would do for her... I work at a bank, and we are all pretty good about bringing goodies when its someones birthday... PROBLEM IS.... I dont want to cheat but I know that I will be tempted, as there will be cookies, cheesecake, pizza, and lots of BAD things there... How can I avoid cheating when I am there for 9 hrs that day... I am thinking I will just stay at my desk and take veggies... :S HELP!!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 04-20-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wekaba (Post 3816281)
Congratulations for making it almost 2 weeks on IP! You've made it through the most difficult days.

I wish I could come and hide your scale! ;) Weighing often IS discouraging and it messes with your mind. I highly recommend weighing once per week, but I know that in itself takes alot of willpower! LOL!

Weight loss with IP IS "Predictable and Repeatable". If you stay on the plan 100% you will lose weight!

Keep on keeping on! You can do this!

Weighing at home is evil, don't you know... I did weigh myself, unfortunately read how many times some weigh themselves on here, I thought to myself that I should at least weigh myself once a week. Well this Sunday I did that, I will never do that again. It freaked me right out I had gained 4 lbs.... I thought wtf how did that happen. I am now off weighing myself. It was discouraging as I wanted to be under 200 lbs this week, I wi tomorrow so I am hoping I will make that famous onederland status this week. :dizzy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisbelle (Post 3816345)
good morning all. just got done my weigh in and lost 1.4lbs. so that is a total of 101.8
hope everyone is having a great week.

Wow that is so great, how did you do it so fast? that is so amazing you give me strenght to continue.:hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlasherea (Post 3816692)
I had an interesting comment from my Sister-in-law yesterday. As we were packing her house up for her move, she said "I miss the old you, where we would sit down and eat junk together!" That was a huge compliment. She sees that I have made a lifestyle change and as hard as it is, it pushes her to be better. When we had a break, instead of reaching for the bag of Doritos (which were calling my name all day) I had a protein bar and she had a protein shake! Job well done!! I also got 6 hrs of continuous exercise. The only downfall was when they ordered in pizza for dinner and I wasn't prepared. Seeing as how I am on maintenance I had a couple of pieces, but am back to protein and veggies today!

Have a great day. I am excited because I am only 2 mo. away from keeping this weight off for 1 year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One year that is great, I am glad you still provide us with your presents here, it is nice to see people that have completed the phases and I love all the advise. Have a great day...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarix1 (Post 3816697)
Whoever said the Tomato Basil Soup is palatable is so WRONG!
I tried putting a multitude of veggies in it along with the cider vinegar, some fresh rosemary and fresh basil and some red pepper flakes.
I think I would have been happier with just the veggies. So gross.

I've posted some updated pictures, They are pretty scary. The last one is from 2 weeks ago. I'll try updating soon, I am just so camera shy which comes from years of being a chub.

Wow great picts, I am the same way I hate pictures because it always shows what I look like.. oh and I had tomato soup with homemade salsa and love it that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TatiN (Post 3816781)
Okay... I'm being somewhat brave and posting progress pictures! I find other peoples pictures so motivating, so I'm going to start paying it forward a little.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...bs-so-far.html

your pictures are great you must be very proud of yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by longdivision (Post 3817078)
lynn reminded me about this, so i thought i'd post it here too. i finally got my collar bones last month! i have been having a love affair with them ever since!

also, i think it's probably time for a new user picture since i have lost a considerable amount of weight in my face since the last one. i'll do that as soon as my best friend with photoshop returns from NYC!

Laura that is great I love your collar bones, I keep feeling mine trying to poke out but soon they will be there and I can't wait.:dance:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jswanjewel (Post 3817391)
Hi everyone,

So I've been on IP since 1/16/11 and I've lost 40 lbs. However, I've been stuck at 173lbs for the past 3 weeks. I'm so frustrated because I've never cheated and I'm making a huge sacrifice financially.

During my session today my coach looked at me and basically said that she didn't have any answers for me. I'm a nurse and I work long 12 hour days, the concern is that I'm not eating often enough. After I mentioned this to my coach she suggested that I divide up my 4 cups of veggies throughout the day and have 4 packs instead of 3? I'm so confused by this because I don't want to gain. Please help me...
I'll take all of the advice I can get!

Daily Menu Sample

Bkf - Shake, vitamins

Lunch - 2 cups of salad & 2 cups of veggies with protein

Dinner - Shake, 2 cups of veggies & salad, vitamins

Snack - Drink, vitamins

Thanks
Amanda :?:

I agree with the others either add another packet or eat a restricted once a day. I think you need the extra protein for your demanding job.

Quote:

I weigh in at around 5 pm and if I weigh the next morning and of course I am a couple of lbs different. but if you continue to weigh in at the same time every week it will balance out. 2.6 lbs for me is a great number, that is 2.6 more that you don't have to lose. I think if you follow the plan and don't stress you will find it works. Have a great night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilH3 (Post 3817522)
So it's not a big deal to have a limited veggie and a restricted item on the same day? I'm confused.

Veggies are good, it just means you can have from the limited list 2 times a week. I make salsa and have it 2 days. Enjoy experimenting.

Good evening everyone, I spent the morning at the vet's office with one of my girls (I have 2 bordercollieX) She (Rebel) has been limping for a couple of weeks, so one of my friend's gave up her appointment for me. It is really concerning as we do agility and I want to make sure everything is okay. After several X-rays and sedation (Rebel didn't like laying on her back so she wasn't a good patient) Dr Elly came back with good news, nothing wrong with her spine hips or knees. We think she has a soft tissue damage of her knee, probably from getting stuck in a snowbank and twisted it trying to get out and I will have to continue 20 min walks instead of the 1 or 2 hours we normally go on. So no more agility for 4 to 6 weeks. Poor girl she so loves playing.
Tomorrow is wi 10 hopefully I have a good one, (even though every lbs I lose is good) 2 lbs and I will be under 200 and more important over 40 lbs lost. This is totally worth it. Have a nice night, and will let you all know how I do.

Oh I also posted pictures the latest one was from wi # 9, I had a hard time getting a picture for the before as I hate pictures of me. I will try to post more but I don't have a mirror at home.:?:

hemimom 04-20-2011 11:30 PM

Tomorrow is my birthday and weigh in day for me. I am hoping for a big number for a birthday present. :carrot:

Why do people think that they always have to feed you for your birthday. I have not told anyone at the office that I am on this diet. I am waiting to see how long it takes for them to say something. One of the gals at work wanted to order pizza and I talked her out of that with an excuse of so and so being on vaction. Pretty soon she comes back to my office and says that she is going to make brownies instead. I really love her brownies but I don't want to eat them. I don't want to hurt her feelings either.

I am also very worried about this weekend. Not sure if my family is going to make a big deal out of me not eating what they are eating. I really wish that I was just staying home but I can't let this diet stop me from leaving the comforts of home.