3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 20 April 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/231399-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-20-april-2011-a.html)

nerdigrrl 04-20-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles (Post 3817385)
Sushi lovers- can't you just use regular nori to make your IP sushi? Seaweed is algae and therefore the first veggie listed on our Phase 1 sheet. I've been eating nori (1 sheet) every day on IP. I just toast it and munch on it. The package says to toast it and then use for sushi. I have never made my own sushi though I love watching sushi chefs!

I know sea vegetables help the thyroid, so that's why I'm eating it. It tastes nice too! I tried to get wakame seaweed at an Asian market but it tasted so funny, nothing like the wakame salad they serve at sushi places.

Is anyone else eating sea vegetables and what are you eating?

I'm also eating nori often as a snack. I found a Korean brand that's so crispy and salty. In fact, sometimes when the IP products just aren't satisfying my mouth (still hate the texture if the puddings) I'll rip open my snack pack and pretend I'm eating potato chips). The one I found only has one carb per serving and less than one g of fat. I'll also bring cut up big sheets if I'm going to a party since I still struggle abstaining from bad choices when faced with abundant platters of fat and carbs.

Newpair 04-21-2011 12:17 AM

Weigh in #2 today. I am down 7 more pounds which means I have lost a total of 12lbs and 12 inches in 12 days. If this is not motivation to continue, I don't know what is! Have a great night everyone!

blkbmr06 04-21-2011 12:30 AM

Awesome job Newpair!!!!

foreveryoung 04-21-2011 01:13 AM

[QUOTE=hemimom;3817593]Tomorrow is my birthday and weigh in day for me. I am hoping for a big number for a birthday present. :carrot:

Happy birthday hemimom! and Good luck to you! I don't have idea doing this diet while in my b-day - I don't think I will be able to make it :( - Stay strong and lots of luck to you... :cp:

foreveryoung 04-21-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpair (Post 3817635)
Weigh in #2 today. I am down 7 more pounds which means I have lost a total of 12lbs and 12 inches in 12 days. If this is not motivation to continue, I don't know what is! Have a great night everyone!

Great job!!!! I am jelous! :)

snowclover 04-21-2011 01:28 AM

Well it's 930pm in Alaska. Anybody still up?

I posted in the "Whats for dinner thread" but haven't gotten an answer. Is Pico de gallo and fajita seasoning on program? I used 1 tsp non-msg ,low sodium seasoning.

blkbmr06 04-21-2011 01:37 AM

Love to say it's okay, but all Pico is not created equal nor are seasonings. Check the carb counts first. Anything with tomatoes is higher in carbs than a green sauce is. Fajita seasoning is probably okay if it doesn't have added sugar (some do). Try Mrs Dash Chipotle. It's no salt and very spicy! (I love it). Also most hot sauces seem to be okay, Cholula is my personal favorite. It doesn't have a "bite" like Tabasco. Sorry, I'm not much help, but I am in Washington so it's only 10:30, LOL

EatAnts 04-21-2011 07:41 AM

This Thread is now closed

Please place all new posts, replies, and comments on today's thread: 21 April 2011