3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 20 April 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/231399-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-20-april-2011-a.html)

rosyposy 04-20-2011 02:06 PM

Hello everyone! I haven't been here long, still figuring out the site...it's a great one! Everyone is very supportive and there's so many great tips and recipes, thank you!

I have been on IP for 23 days and am down 20 pounds. I'm not having too much problem staying on plan...I do find that I crave sweets more than savory, I always thought I was a half and half person.

I hate!!!...The chocolate pudding....even watered down it doesn't compare to the chocolate drink, which I really like.

I miss bread the most.....did somebody say toast??.......and peanut butter.....yum....sorry.

I look forward to getting to know you all :)

Susie_Bee 04-20-2011 02:11 PM

Happy Wednesday everyone! The weather is really crappy here (freezing rain and hail and they are calling for snow).

Congrats to all on NSV and successful WI's!

I had a weak moment last night before supper. I had a restricted for lunch and then... I just couldn't wait for my supper, so I had a bar... umm yeah! Another restricted. ...and then soy puffs (I am so embarassed). I had my first "IP binge" and hopefully, it will be my last! Not sure what got into me. I've also had my first experience with the big "C" and I am thinking that it had something to do with it. I normally, always had a problem with the big "D" before IP, so this is a complete switch for me! I was also in a really bad mood last night (My poor husband!). ...Back on track today though (on all fronts).

Keep it up everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonstruck (Post 3816291)
I am right there with you. I am down 20 with 10 to go...and I have been stalled for a while. My mother passed away 6 months ago, and that has been part of my problem. I need to move forward with the last 10 pounds.

&

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkbmr06 (Post 3816451)
OMG, This is exactly what happened to me! I lost my mom 2 years ago. My dad came to live with me. Although he is very self sufficient, My entire lifestyle changed. It felt like having kids at home again! I was used to coming and going as I pleased now suddenly I have to be responsible???? I gained 20 pounds over about 18 months, mostly from lack of activity and preparing meals for a retired farmer who is used to "3 squares a day." I think Dad and I were both learning how to cope. I've decided it's time to take my life back!!! Hello IP!!

I lost my mom in November 2003 (my son was between 5 and 6 months old at the time). :hug: to you both!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWoww (Post 3816301)
Morning everyone, I want to first say you all are a true motivation and I love this community as I see it an essential part of the IP program. Day 10 for me today and Im feeling great. I cant seem to be able to shake the big "C". I incorporate at least one whole bag of Romaine hearts a day! My coach told me to take Colace, but so far nothing. Going to Chilis for the hubby's B-day and then the movies. I already researched the menu and glad I can stay 100% OP! Everyone have a spectacular day:)

I hope you feel better soon. My Coach sells Floralax - not sure where you can get it. I haven't had to try it yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addy (Post 3816329)
Good morning everyone,
Congrats on the losses and NSV's.

WI yesterday, lost 1.8lbs and started phase 3 today. I was a little worried I would over do it this morning, but I think I got it right. :) I felt a little full, but not overly.

Wishing everyone a great day. Stay strong

Congratulations on starting phase 3!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarix1 (Post 3816697)
Whoever said the Tomato Basil Soup is palatable is so WRONG!
I tried putting a multitude of veggies in it along with the cider vinegar, some fresh rosemary and fresh basil and some red pepper flakes.
I think I would have been happier with just the veggies. So gross.

I've posted some updated pictures, They are pretty scary. The last one is from 2 weeks ago. I'll try updating soon, I am just so camera shy which comes from years of being a chub.

Your pictures are great! Lookin' good!

TatiN 04-20-2011 02:11 PM

Pictures!

Okay... I'm being somewhat brave and posting progress pictures! I find other peoples pictures so motivating, so I'm going to start paying it forward a little.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...bs-so-far.html

longdivision 04-20-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisbelle (Post 3816345)
good morning all. just got done my weigh in and lost 1.4lbs. so that is a total of 101.8
hope everyone is having a great week.

Krisbelle!!!!!! 101.8 in under 4 months is one of the most amazing things i have ever heard!!! i bet you look and feel fantastic!!! we are all so proud of you!

cheeky and juiceman and everyone else that began this journey at the same time - i am so grateful for you all! you guys are the reason that this is so easy. i can't imagine what this would be like if i had to do it on my own. your constant support is immensely appreciated. you guys are like family to me. i mean, you know how much i weigh! i never tell anyone how much i weigh! not even my mom knows... so that's pretty special, right!?!?

and now to everyone on IP - you guys are so strong and determined! honestly, just think about how amazing you are with your iron resolve and dedication! it takes a lot to stick with this program and make positive changes in your life. you guys are wonderful people.

jd447 04-20-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TatiN (Post 3816781)
Okay... I'm being somewhat brave and posting progress pictures! I find other peoples pictures so motivating, so I'm going to start paying it forward a little.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...bs-so-far.html

Good job! You look fantastic! I really like seeing everyone's progress photos - maybe I will get brave enough to post mine.

mamabearone 04-20-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarix1 (Post 3816701)
I just noticed the little number in the upper right hand corner of the post. Now I know where I left off! It was a DUH moment. Sometimes it takes me a while!
Mary
:p

lol thank you for the tip!! I never noticed it either!!! So, don't feel alone! :D

mholley 04-20-2011 02:30 PM

Hello Everyone!!

Starting week 2 and very determined to lose more weight, despite only losing 3 lbs the first week. This morning I realized the scale is not my FRIEND, LOL. It may only be three lbs but I feel much lighter!!! My coach didn't do measurements so i'm telling myself I lost inches instead of weight(motivation I guess)! Oh.... I removed the battery from the scale and made my DH hide it!!!! LOL... Its too much stress involved!!! Anywho... congrats and good luck to all of you! And keep posting...u guys keep me MOTIVATED :)

mamarix1 04-20-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyWit (Post 3816714)
You look FANTASTIC... I love these before/after photos they are so inspiring (look at you with your salad and spritzer bottle :lol:). I am in awe of everyone who is brave enough to post pictures...and I am grateful that you all do it helps me everyday!!!! Congratulations to you....btw you look about 10 plus years younger (talk about a huge NSV) Thanks for sharing!!!

Thank you so much, you made my day!
My 40 lb. goal was to take motorcycle classes which begin April 29th, my 50 lb. goal is to buy a bike or trike.

Altona32 04-20-2011 02:58 PM

Waldon Farms

I am about to place an order for Waldon Farms and I was wondering if any of you have tried:
Caramel Syrup
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Sesame Ginger Dressing
Thick and Spicy Dressing

Or, if not can you suggest some really good ones to try?

Thanks alot

mamabearone 04-20-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisbelle (Post 3816345)
good morning all. just got done my weigh in and lost 1.4lbs. so that is a total of 101.8
hope everyone is having a great week.

Way to go Krisbelle!! You inspire me! That is fanstastic.

CinnamonSparkles 04-20-2011 03:08 PM

Vegetable questions:

What exactly is Swiss Chard? What color is it? How do you prepare it?

At Whole Foods, my choices are: Rainbow Chard, Red Chard, and Green Chard. Are these all just types of Swiss Chard or what? They don't have anything labeled as Swiss Chard. Also, I have never eaten it, to my knowledge. Trying to branch out and do something new. Any and all advice is welcome!

Also, how do you best prepare salmon? In the oven? I have some sockeye salmon and I don't want to mess it up. I'd like it to come out juicy. I am thinking wrap it in foil with sliced lemon and dill and throw it in the oven for 25 minutes. Suggestions?

Fennel - can you cook it? I always eat it raw but I was wondering if there is something you can do with it cooked on IP.

juiceman11 04-20-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altona32 (Post 3816880)
I am about to place an order for Waldon Farms and I was wondering if any of you have tried:
Caramel Syrup
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Sesame Ginger Dressing
Thick and Spicy Dressing

Thanks alot

There is a thread that is "Walden Farms" or "Walden Farms Reviews" It is a pretty extensive listing of peoples likes and dislikes. I find it hard to say what it good or bad for another person, because everyone is different. The dressings and syrups taste very different than what you are used to. I would say try them out and have an open mind. I can only stomach the Zesty Italian and Italian dressings.....all others I do not find tolerable. Good luck.

Susie_Bee 04-20-2011 03:12 PM

Request for Help/Advice!

Okay, I am still in phase I and I have a question...

I usually have a vanilla RTD for breakfast and a coffee (with some of my vanilla RTD poured into it), a packet for lunch + veggies + salad, supper is usually as described (meat/chicken/fish & veggies) and a chocolate RTD is my usual snack...

BUT...

In addition to that, I usually always have something in the afternoon between 3 and 5 p.m. because I just get so hungry around then for some reason.

Today, I switched it up a bit...

I had coffee (with some of a vanilla RTD poured into it) and IP crispy cereal for breakfast.

I had mushroom soup (with extra cooked mushrooms in it) + ceasar salad for lunch (just romaine lettuce + WF Ceasar dressing) + a thin slice of grilled eggplant and 3 cherry tomatoes.

Now it is 3 p.m. and although I am not really hungry at the moment, I am wondering if I should eat something because I am afraid to become ravaneous (spelling?) before supper and make a mistake like I did last night (IP binge mentioned in my post above).

I've brought some ham slices and some dill pickles and I also have some broccoli... should I eat some or all of that or should I keep trying to "tough it out"?

(I am already sipping away on peppermint tea and water).

Advice would be appreciated!

momoffive 04-20-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Caramel Syrup
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Sesame Ginger Dressing
Thick and Spicy Dressing

Thanks alot

I like the caramel dip, I add a tsp to my vanilla drink and make a shake out of it. I also like the italian dressing, just a little.. The chocolate dip is good. I love the maple syrup, blueberry syrup and strawberry syrup, but I make a lot of pancakes out of the rice krispy cereal.. Hope this helps a little.

Pxlkitty4 04-20-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Caramel Syrup
Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Sesame Ginger Dressing
Thick and Spicy Dressing

Thanks alot

check out netrition dot com. They have better prices and $4.95 flat shipping.