Old 10-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #31  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Default This is the kind of math I like!

I started the IP Diet July 22nd, 2010. I'm 5'6" tall and just turned 49. I was 174 pounds and could squeeze myself into size 16 pants. I'm 26 pounds lighter and have 12 pounds to go. There was a point there when I was looking forward to fitting into a really nice pair of slacks that are in my closet - but then when I tried them on I had already PASSED them up! I'd lost too much to even fit into them. ha.

Unfortunately, I managed to kick myself out of ketosis and the last two weeks I have struggled to get back in. Thank goodness for ketosis strips - very motivating. I'm finally back into ketosis and starting to have energy again.

Getting these last 12 pounds to come off is proving to be very challenging - I'm being patient but it's getting harder to be inspired - I'm glad I found this forum.
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #32  

Height: 5'8"

GREAT results for you and your hubby Tminus80!!!
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Good idea!

Its pretty small for me right now but here goes!

Pre-IP - was size 18 snug.. with a 40 K breast size

Had a breast reduction, was 40 DDD and still 18 snug.

Started IP August 13 at 241

Today, I am wearing a loose 16, and 38 DD!

So happy!
candace5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

Height: 5'3"

I started IP in April and I wore a size 16/18. Now I am in an size 6/8, shirt size xl and now m/l.
I am totally amazed at how our bodies change with this diet. I have been on phase 4 for 3 weeks and I am still noticing that my waist is getting smaller.
This is a great thread I have really enjoyed reading about all the changes everyone has made.
hunter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:14 PM   #35  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

I started out at 210 lbs and am 5'7", wearing a tight size 18 pants. I had a huge stomach that made wearing anything look like I was very pregnant. Within two weeks after starting IP the stomach was already down significantly and my clothes went from tight to very loose! Within a month I was in size 14 and not having to squeeze in either!
Now I wear a size 10 to 12 and have so much more energy. Right now I am vacationing in Austrailia and walking several miles each day. I could not have done this three months ago. I had to phase off while here since I am here for more than three weeks, so don't know where I will be when I get back. I certainly feel better when I am in ketosis. I only took clothes that fit so I won't be tempted to gain while here.
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #36  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Hi, when I was 200 I was a top size XL, now, on 177 I am a size L tops, and 12 in Junior jeans yahaii, before I was more a 14 in misses jeans. My bubs are shrinking so from a 38C, I am a 34b I think, not too happy about it, but if they keep shrinking, then I am going for a bubb job, the point is to look good not flat.
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

You are all such an inspiration. I was just thinking............."oh I'm kinda hungry but dinner isn't for an hour what can I have, that is on plan." I started reading and now I do not want anything until dinner. THANK YOU.
I am starting my second week on plan. I am so encouraged to hear the size losses with not that much weight lost. I am more focused on how I look and what size I wear more than the actually number on the scale. Though I want the scale to go down too. haha
I even more excited now after reading this thread. I like all of you have lost weight in the past. The last time I lost weight it was 16 lbs and about 1/2 a size. So basically my size 10's fit again. It sounds as though WHEN (not if ) I lose 16 lbs with the help of all of you and IP I will be an entire size smaller!! maybe two!!
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 158/138/128

Height: 5'5

I started at 158 lbs with size 10. Even though I have only lost 20lbs to 138 lbs I am a comfy size 4 now at both of the stores I usually shop at ( Hugo boss and Ellie tahari)... I used to be a size 4 when I was 130lbs years ago so i Definitely got back into my clothes faster than I thought but the scale still does not show me at my goal... I do not want to be smaller than a size 4-- I have a big bone structure and when I am a size 2 or below I look like I am suffering from an illness.

Last edited by Zebra35; 10-14-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Zebra35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I started at
195 - size 16 (size XL tops)
and am now
150 - size 10 (size M or L tops)

Last edited by Shytowngal; 10-14-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #40  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

This is such a motivating thread - I'm so amazed at the losses in pounds, inches and sizes!

At my heaviest, I was 236 and slinking into a 22/24 pants and 3X tops. I'm only 5'5", so everything showed!

I started IP on July 15th and his scales said 233.6. Since then, I've lost 38.70 lbs and 62.75 inches, according to his scales. According to mine, which said 190 this morning, I've lost 46 pounds since my heaviest.

I can now wear a size 16 pants (a few brands are a little snug, yet) and a Large top. My size 40B bras are getting a bit saggy and yesterday I wore a 38B, which fit fine. I believe someone else said something about breast augmentation surgery - if I get into an A cup, I'm doing something about it!

Barbara Ann
babsnwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

Have to say I am super pumped after reading these...talk about motivation. Great job everyone...you all are AMAZING and I am so excited...feel great and excited for the weekend...and feeling confident that I can do this!
sngn4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:05 AM   #42  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

I started at 177lbs, wearing a very tight 16 pants (with SERIOUS muffin top!) and an XL petite tops. I had reached the point that the 16's didn't fit and an Xl was not working. And then I went to get fitted for a bra and found I needed a 40F, which was my tipping point to do something, which thank heavens was IP.

Now I'm a size juniors 8 pants (smaller than I was in high school) and a petite m/l or 12/14 in tops, and a 34DD bra.

I've been on a break from IP for the past 6 weeks (some health things I needed to sort out) and will be going back on next week. I expect to lose another 5-10 lbs and call it done. I'm hoping it will be all on my top half: chest and arms! I'd like to get into a 10/12 top (the best I can hope for without surgery) which is where I was in high school.

But I am so happy to have lost ALL 3 rolls of back fat, which is really amazing! (I have the before photos from the disastrous bra fitting and the 3-way mirror back shot was really the worst thing I have had to face up to...)

And the weirdest clothing thing??? I have lost so much fat off my back/shoulders/arms that my sleeves are 2-3 inches too long!! So even on jackets that might otherwise kind of fit (because they could not button before) now they button but the sleeves look like I"m wearing my big sister's clothes! go figure...

I love IP!
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:11 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyniagara View Post
I started the IP Diet July 22nd, 2010. I'm 5'6" tall and just turned 49. I was 174 pounds and could squeeze myself into size 16 pants. I'm 26 pounds lighter and have 12 pounds to go. There was a point there when I was looking forward to fitting into a really nice pair of slacks that are in my closet - but then when I tried them on I had already PASSED them up! I'd lost too much to even fit into them. ha.

Unfortunately, I managed to kick myself out of ketosis and the last two weeks I have struggled to get back in. Thank goodness for ketosis strips - very motivating. I'm finally back into ketosis and starting to have energy again.

Getting these last 12 pounds to come off is proving to be very challenging - I'm being patient but it's getting harder to be inspired - I'm glad I found this forum.
Hang in there Amy! You are so close and I know you can do it. Just take one day at a time and watch those pounds melt away. Think of all the cute outfits you'll be able to wear and all of the fun you'll have shopping for them. I'm praying for you!!
bookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #44  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 224/220/150

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I am just curious where people began there weight loss journey and where they are now.

What weight and size did you start at and what point are you at now?

I am 5'5. At my high I weighed 252 pounds (about six weeks before before I began Ideal Protein) and was a tight size 20.

I started IP and was 236 pounds still a size 20/18. I am now at 166 pounds and fit a size 10 very easily. That isn't a consistent and only size yet.

I can wear size 8 dresses and skirts and some full or relaxed cut pants in an 8. I once in awhile fit into some skinny size 12 pants too.

I started out wearing size 1x or even 2x tops. Now I am a Medium top or jacket.

I am still trying to lose my lower body weight - hips, but, thighs, and a bit more off the calves. So I hope this next weight loss makes the pants fit more consistently.
I am a size 18 to 20 depending-I don't wear tight pants, mostly lounge pants and i can get into even a large, for some reason I carry my weight well-I would kill to be even a size 12 at this point -thanks for all your posts, you are a wealth of information and helped me start this diet on my own since my hours got cut at work, I am barely making it, should I get my hours back, I will be going to a clinic but for now, I'm on my own and I'm already down 4 pounds since Tuesday and I have aunt flo, so I'm very excited!!!

Last edited by greeneyedmonstar; 10-15-2010 at 10:59 AM.
greeneyedmonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #45  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Sgorny! OMG, Lady you are looking REMARKABLE! Your recent pictures show such a skinny minny! You are such an inspiration for me! I know you lost a fair amount of the weight and the sizes before IP but, your dedication to change really is admirable and noteworthy! You must constantly wonder at the 10 sizes you have changed. Do you feel it or see it all yet? Do you find your mind is still catching up or have you completely adjusted?
Thanks! I honestly never get tired of hearing it. My mind definitely hasn't caught up yet. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that I actually wear. A. Size. 10! I just got a pair at Costco (couldn't try on), and looked at them, thinking "no way will these fit!" - but when I got home, and tried them on... OMG, they did! And a size L leather jacket I got a month ago is too big, thank goodness the tags are still on it, so I can return it.

I lost from size 28 to about 18 (mid 240's) in 2007, held it for a year, then re-gained to 296 on Sept 29, 2009 (size 26, 3x tops). From there, lost 32 pounds to 264 by May 18 (and to the size 20/22 pants & 22/24 2x tops), and since then? Down 90 pounds, and to size 10 pants & medium tops. The amount I've spent on clothes? Scary! Because I needed semi-professional clothes for work, and some for fun, and exercise, and sleepwear... I have boxes & boxes of clothes downstairs.

I get told by my husband that I seem to look down at myself a lot, but that's because I really can't believe it yet. The person in the mirror? Me? No...

It's like dreams I used to have when I was heavy, where I'd get all excited looking in the bathroom mirror, and down at my body, twirling around in my high heels... but then I'd wake up, and come crashing down to reality, being unable to cross my legs, squat down, get up off the floor without rolling over or assistance...

Sometimes I still think I'm going to wake up, and it will have been all a wonderful dream.
sgorny is offline   Reply With Quote