Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #136  

Height: 5'10"

Congrats BevS! Skinny jeans, what a great thing to have to go buy. And Kohl's is one of my favorite places to shop. I'm looking forward to shopping in the "normal" size department. No More 1X for me.

I recently ordered some clothes for an upcoming vacation. I returned them all yesterday. We aren't leaving for another 6 weeks and I figured as well as this is going, they would all be too big by then. Ahhhhhh, can't wait to go shopping (did I mention that already?) I'm a shopaholic. There, my secret's out. LOL!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #137  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
My coach told me in the begining for the first few weeks that it is ok to have 4 a day as your body needs it while adjusting. What I do is I make a pudding and split it into two servings and have 1 in between breakfast and lunch and the other half in between lunch and dinner. I lost 9 lbs my first week and I finish up my second week this Thursday and I can tell I lost more weight I have not weighed myself as I want to wait for Thursday.
Good luck with your weighin! We started at almost the same time (I started 2/23) and our start weight and goal weight are very similar. I like your pudding idea. I've been having pudding at lunch - kind of meets my old habit of having a little something sweet after my meal. I'm anxious to hear how your weigh in goes Thursday!!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:10 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 161/150.5/130

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Good evening all! I'm from WA too! Lots of us here!! I love that my cure for the rainy, winter blahs is going on a diet?! But I love this diet cause it's working ! Today was my 2nd weigh in--have lost a total of 9.5 lbs in 2 weeks! I need to update my chart I guess! What's hard is I'm about to start my period so I feel a little bloated and didn't think I would lose at all so I'm happy to say that this week it was about 3 lbs. Picked out some new items to try and we'll see how it goes. So far for me, it's mostly the fruit drinks and puddings but doing ok--missing real food but know that this isn't going to last forever and my way of thinking about food is changing. I'm also not having anxiety attacks when I hop on the scale Thanks for all of the encouragement! I have to remember it truly is one day at a time on this plan! Wishing you all a successful day tomorrow!!
Lisa

Last edited by livelaughlove; 03-03-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #139  

I need some encouragement today. My clinic had a meeting (kind of support group) of the people that have been on the diet. Keep in mind that that it has only been in the area since beginning of Jan. Anyway, I was the Smallest Loser at only 16 pounds in one month. One lady has been on for 50 days and she has lost 38 pounds. Of course, the guys all had huge numbers!! The Brats!! Everybody tried to be positive about it but I keep wondering if I am doing something wrong that the scale is moving so slowly for me. I eat the food - no restricted at all - take the vitamins, get the salt in. My only cheat would be at dinner I occasionally have extra protein. I have not done much exercising except walk once in awhile. Should I pick up on the exercise? Any suggestions? This is not the easiest diet to stay on especially if you aren't losing much. It was only one pound last week and the scale has not moved this week and weigh in is on Friday. To get personal - it isn't my TOM because I am done with all that for over 2 years now.
By the way, if any of my clinic buddies are out there and recognize my story - HI!! Thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicibel View Post
I need some encouragement today. My clinic had a meeting (kind of support group) of the people that have been on the diet. Keep in mind that that it has only been in the area since beginning of Jan. Anyway, I was the Smallest Loser at only 16 pounds in one month. One lady has been on for 50 days and she has lost 38 pounds. Of course, the guys all had huge numbers!! The Brats!! Everybody tried to be positive about it but I keep wondering if I am doing something wrong that the scale is moving so slowly for me. I eat the food - no restricted at all - take the vitamins, get the salt in. My only cheat would be at dinner I occasionally have extra protein. I have not done much exercising except walk once in awhile. Should I pick up on the exercise? Any suggestions? This is not the easiest diet to stay on especially if you aren't losing much. It was only one pound last week and the scale has not moved this week and weigh in is on Friday. To get personal - it isn't my TOM because I am done with all that for over 2 years now.
By the way, if any of my clinic buddies are out there and recognize my story - HI!! Thanks
cicibel-
Please don't get discouraged. I too am a slow loser! I started on Feb. 6 and at my last weigh in actually gained 5 pounds. That being said, the next morning I was down 2 from the week before. I will have my one month weigh in and judging from the scale at home, I will probably be at the 15-16 pound range too. I did some exercising last week (too hard core) and have moved to more brisk walking with the dog etc.

I don't know about you, but I have tried every diet there is: WW, Atkins, Jenny, Nutri-System, South Beach and this is the only one where I can look back and say that I have lost what I have over the short period of time.

If you can, go back and look at the previous posts (before we started this one), there is a great post in there about what 16 pounds would be equivalent to. Picture this: 4 sticks of butter = 1 pound. You, my friend have lost equal to 64 sticks of butter!!!!! Not bad at all!

Believe me, I know it is easy to get discouraged. I have the bad habit of comparing myself to others. It isn't worth it. You have done so much for yourself and think about how much healthier you are because you aren't carrying around those 64 sticks of butter.

Be proud of what you have accomplished and where you are now.

Hang in there!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #141  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Sam0617-great idea. I've only tried one pudding (vanilla) and didn't like it but maybe I need to try them again. It tasted like cake batter to me.
Cinammonsparkles--
BevS] thanks for your thoughts. I didn't have a 4th one and didn't gain any weight today. 16 lbs lost in 19 days. Help from everyone here really keeps me motivated.
Cicibel-I remember a diet in my twenties-- the diet center-- I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks and was overjoyed. So, you can't compare yourself to others. Maybe the person who lost 38 lbs in 50 days has more weight to lose than you do? I think you have to find your own motivation and 16 lbs in a month is still a BIG 16 pounds. Many say 2 pounds a week is good and you have doubled that! Celebrate your success!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 03-03-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #142  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Cicibel - one more thing. Aren't 10 lbs considered one dress size? So you have lost almost 2 dress sizes??!?

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 03-03-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #143  

Thank you libbyshims for your help. The problem with being a slow loser is that every week I don't lose means I will be on the diet longer and I have to go broke with the purchase of the packets. My husband is on the diet with me and will reach the goal way before I will. Can you imagine how much this is costing us to have two people on it. I hesitate to stray from the IP packets and use those unmentionable ones because I want to not deviate any more than I must. On top of that my daughter wants to try the diet as she has prom coming and the dress is shall I say "snug". I did purchase the unmentionable products for her and pray they taste good. She only likes the Choc version of the EAS shakes.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Sounds like whatever you are eating salad and veggie wise has more carbs in than you might realize. Have you gone over your diet with your coach? You may need to do MeghanOs bootcamp where she only has 25-30 carbs per day. That is very hard, but boy she lost a lot of weight. Under FAQs I think somewhere is the veggie carb count sheet. I printed one off and highlighted all the veggies that had very little carbs in per serving. This helps me make better choices when it comes to veggies as I am a slow loser (but I cheat and have wine with dinner) and am still losing now that I started doint that. Also, romaine lettuce has the most carbs in it. I was eating a head a day...that is like 26 carbs right there. I've moved over to field greens now and again, see the difference. Not all veggies/salads are created equal.

Last edited by Ogdog13; 03-03-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:57 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thank you libbyshims for your help. The problem with being a slow loser is that every week I don't lose means I will be on the diet longer and I have to go broke with the purchase of the packets. My husband is on the diet with me and will reach the goal way before I will. Can you imagine how much this is costing us to have two people on it. I hesitate to stray from the IP packets and use those unmentionable ones because I want to not deviate any more than I must. On top of that my daughter wants to try the diet as she has prom coming and the dress is shall I say "snug". I did purchase the unmentionable products for her and pray they taste good. She only likes the Choc version of the EAS shakes.
Not to bring up more unmentionables on this thread, but Lindora does have some excellent low carb soup choices. I highly recommend the chicken noodle and the chicken bouillon!! And they are at such a lower price.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #146  

Ogdog13 says..."You may need to do MeghanOs bootcamp where she only has 25-30 carbs per day. That is very hard, but boy she lost a lot of weight."

Where is this bootcamp found. I want to check it out!! Thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #147  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Good luck with your weighin! We started at almost the same time (I started 2/23) and our start weight and goal weight are very similar. I like your pudding idea. I've been having pudding at lunch - kind of meets my old habit of having a little something sweet after my meal. I'm anxious to hear how your weigh in goes Thursday!!

I did not notice that our stats were so close, thanks for pointing that out it will be interesting to see how we both do every week. Can't wait for today to be over so I can weigh in tomorrow. I find it absolutely hysterical that I find myself looking forward to a weigh in date, that's a first!
Old 03-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #148  

Default First day

I have been reading your posts and with all the positive reports, decided to begin the program. Today is my first day and so far so good. My coach seems to be very helpful and had a bag with everything in it. She did a written menu and put all all packets for a day in a ziplock. This was for the first two weeks. Couldn't be easier.

I anticipate the first three days I won't feel well based on past diets. I feel a little lightheaded, but not hungry yet. I am concerned about the ketosis breath that can be so bad. Any ideas how to control that? Has anyone had any experience with a mouth rinse called Therabreath? I thought I might try it.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #149  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Weight-in last night was only three pounds. A little disappointing after two weeks of five lbs, but at least it's still going down. I had at least three days where I ate double meat for dinner, so I am sure that contributed.

Cicibel- 16lbs in four weeks is AWESOME. That's right where you should be, and I can't think of another thing you could do, including starving yourself, that would yield better results. Chin up! 16lbs is a lot of weight. 1/2lb per day is nothing to be bummed about.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #150  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Sam0617-great idea. I've only tried one pudding (vanilla) and didn't like it but maybe I need to try them again. It tasted like cake batter to me.
Cinammonsparkles--
BevS] thanks for your thoughts. I didn't have a 4th one and didn't gain any weight today. 16 lbs lost in 19 days. Help from everyone here really keeps me motivated.
Cicibel-I remember a diet in my twenties-- the diet center-- I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks and was overjoyed. So, you can't compare yourself to others. Maybe the person who lost 38 lbs in 50 days has more weight to lose than you do? I think you have to find your own motivation and 16 lbs in a month is still a BIG 16 pounds. Many say 2 pounds a week is good and you have doubled that! Celebrate your success!
Hopeful Tricia - I have to doctor up the vanilla pudding. I add some pumpkin spice and it makes a huge difference, also cinnamon is good sometimes I add both.
Closed Thread