Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesinOhio View Post
Bev S. thank you so much for all the info on the supplements. The coach I signed up with said I had to order them. But, my partner is doing this with me, so I only signed up for myself. I did end up ordering comparable supplements of the cal/mag liquid and vitamins through Vitacost.com. I am also going to use some of the EAS Advantedge Carb Control shakes as some of our meals. So, should be able to save some for both of us. So, you are in Ohio..that is wonderful. Are you enjoying all of this snow as much as I am???

My food supply, etc. will be here Thursday, so I am starting the program on Friday the 5th through Right4Life out of California. I am very excited and expect to see some the amazing results that the rest of you have been posting. So, now, instead of just lurking about, I can join in on some of the discussions.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Welcome back, Jules! What a small world. My brother (and only sibling) lives in Westerville. The snow is getting old. I'm doing the program through Joy To Life, but I don't know where the company is based. I'm doing it through my chiropractor's office. I know you must be excited to get started. Best of luck! I know you'll do great!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Oh I have some news from my coach - apparently at her regional meeting they are now recommending that people only have 1-2 restricted items of any kind per week no matter how long you've been on the diet.

Also here is the answer about why we are supposed to take our calcium:

the reason that we ensure that you are getting more then the daily requirement is because while you are losing weight the body secretes extra acids and depletes the body of calcium. So we ensure that you have more so that your body has enough to use.
Thanks, Jordanna, for the update. Could explain why my weight loss is so slow. Too many restricted items per week.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:00 PM   #33  
before picture in profile

S/C/G: 213/183/165

Height: 5ft 7 and 3/4th

Stick with IP at least for a month. Not only will you be amazed at the weight loss and inches lost but you are also "healing" your liver and pancreas so that they will metabolize carbohydrates normally.

Then when you re-introduce more carbs. you WON'T GAIN WEIGHT as easily because you are metabolizing like all those slender people that you see eating "whatever they want."

Also, as you lose the fat your energy and mobility will increase. You won't spend so much time sitting around feeling fat. You'll literally be able to jump up out of your seat, get in & out of your car, go up a flight of stairs so easily it will astound you.

These benefits happen very fast on this program! Stick with it! Once you know "it works" then you can take a deep breath and start looking for cheaper alternatives. But don't confuse your body or yourself too soon.

I went from a size 16 tight jeans to a size 12 loose jeans in 2 months! I threw out all my big clothes. My closet looks "light" and I feel light.

I've gained back 5 pounds in 2 months of erratic dieting due to traveling and now due to illness (recovering from pneumonia.)

But 5 pounds is nothing compared to other diets in the past that I quit and promptly gained all the weight back.

As of today, I am back on strict IP and expect to lose the last 15 pounds in just a few weeks. Don't forget to measure your body. Some weeks you lose inches and no pounds at all. Your body is reshaping itself.

Last edited by Lilita175; 03-01-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #34  

Wow, thanks everyone for all the responses! I certainly feel a lot more confident in IP now.

Thanks again!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #35  

Happy Monday everyone! Here's to another successful week on program If you cheated this weekend just get back on the wagon...there's more than enough room for everyone
Old 03-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #36  

One more thing us "oldies" discussed in earlier posts:

Since my body has reshaped itself (lost fat instead of muscle) I actually look better and thinner compared to when I was at this same weight in the past.

I have been told "you don't need to lose any more" and "you're too skinny" by friends and family even though my BMI is still in the overweight range (I have a large frame.)
Old 03-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #37  

I had a great NSV yesterday...at my weigh in (I weigh in with a few friends) one of my friends mum's was there weighing in as well and she was amazed at how much weight I'd lost, she said she had never seen me looking so thin. So that goes along with Lilita's post because I've been at lower weights before but my body already looks thinner now than it has in the past, losing more on other diets!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I had a great NSV yesterday...at my weigh in (I weigh in with a few friends) one of my friends mum's was there weighing in as well and she was amazed at how much weight I'd lost, she said she had never seen me looking so thin. So that goes along with Lilita's post because I've been at lower weights before but my body already looks thinner now than it has in the past, losing more on other diets!
WAY TO GO JORDANNA!!! You have to feel so good right now (as you should) with all of these NSVs!!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 191.5/170/140

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Week 6 weigh-in lost 4 pounds and one inch off my waist!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 270/222/195

Another good week, lost 3 more pounds. That makes 27 in 5 weeks. I have to agree with Jordanna about the restricted items. I started with the Ridges two weeks ago and having them as a snack every night, and i have seen my weight loss go down due to those, so this week its only one packet and lets see if my theory is right.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #41  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hey gang, looking for a quick answer here. I hate the way my mouth feels (and I'm sure my breath smells the same way, bad). I know I can use Bianca breath spray, but can I also use Listerine breath strips? No calories, no sugar...the ingredients list sucralose and a bunch of other things I can't pronounce or spell.

While we can use Binaca breath spray and Listerine breath strips, they may have limited effect on bad breath. Bad breath tends to come from anaerobic bacteria which produces volatile sulphur compounds. Onions, garlic (which contain mercaptans), and protein will especially contribute to this. To deal with it one need to scrape the papilla of the tongue to clean out the anaerobic bacteria, and use an oxygenating or zinc product to neutralize the VSCs

Also being in ketosis causes halitosis and strong body odor. The same thing happens on Atkins.

Last edited by echobaby; 03-01-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #42  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Smile Libbyshims

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
Hang in there, Justice- I too have been a 'slow' loser. I am on day one of week 4, and know how you feel. It can be very frustrating...

Today is day one of week 4 for me too! I'm slow because I'm hypothyroid. This is the first diet in 6 years I've actually seen the scale go down. I can't wait to get to the point I can add the tracker to my profile.

207/195/134

Week 1 - 7 lbs.
Week 2 - 1 lb.
Week 3 - 4 lbs.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Quote:
Hey gang, looking for a quick answer here. I hate the way my mouth feels (and I'm sure my breath smells the same way, bad). I know I can use Bianca breath spray, but can I also use Listerine breath strips? No calories, no sugar...the ingredients list sucralose and a bunch of other things I can't pronounce or spell.

While we can use Binaca breath spray and Listerine breath strips, they may have limited effect on bad breath. Bad breath tends to come from anaerobic bacteria which produces volatile sulphur compounds. Onions, garlic (which contain mercaptans), and protein will especially contribute to this. To deal with it one need to scrape the papilla of the tongue to clean out the anaerobic bacteria, and use an oxygenating or zinc product to neutralize the VSCs

Also being in ketosis causes halitosis and strong body odor. The same thing happens on Atkins.
Echobaby, listerine strips are fine. Don't forget you can get spry gum (online) at the vitamine shoppe.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksb001 View Post
Hey, for all the ladies with questions about their cycles and TOM, I hope that everyone got the message from their clinic that they should be extra careful with birth control on IP since everything is so different. My counselor had one client that learned that one the hard way! Just throwing that out there.....

Thanks for all the input on Wii Fitness. Maybe I'll wait a little longer. Yes, I KNOW the reality of my weight but I just don't need to hear it from some machine! LOL
Yes, be careful. One of our original posters back in October got pregnant right away and so did my niece after losing weight on IP.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #45  
Brenda1980

S/C/G: 164/139/130

Height: 5'6"

Has anyone else had an allergic reaction to any of the drinks? I am getting a intermittent rash under my breasts. I thought it was only babana pudding causing it, but it happened again yesterday when I had the Pina Colada drink.
Closed Thread