Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #121  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Question?? I have already had my 3 IPs for the day.
Will have a protein, salad, veggie dinner BUT I shouldn't
have another one tonight, right? I've been having the third after dinner before bed but today it was either the vanilla drink at 3pm or something way worse. Thinking I should stay with 3 today and not have a 4th. Is that right?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #122  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
have another one tonight, right? I've been having the third after dinner before bed but today it was either the vanilla drink at 3pm or something way worse. Thinking I should stay with 3 today and not have a 4th. Is that right?
My coach told me in the begining for the first few weeks that it is ok to have 4 a day as your body needs it while adjusting. What I do is I make a pudding and split it into two servings and have 1 in between breakfast and lunch and the other half in between lunch and dinner. I lost 9 lbs my first week and I finish up my second week this Thursday and I can tell I lost more weight I have not weighed myself as I want to wait for Thursday.

Last edited by sam0617; 03-02-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Hi HopefulTricia! My coach has told me that the protein packet must be eaten after dinner so that your body uses the protein while you sleep instead of using your muscle as fuel. However, I know there are others on here who eat it in the afternoon. Hopefully for one day it shouldn't make a difference. I wouldn't eat a 4th protein packet today. What does everyone else think?

Also, I just realized today that we can have seaweed! I had some wakame salad the one time I went out for sushi and I didn't know if it was allowed. It's an algae, which is clearly listed as a Select vegetable. This makes me so happy as I'm trying to eat more sea vegetables for my thyroid. Other kinds of seaweed (or names of seaweed) are: kelp, wakame, dulse, sea lettuce flakes, nori, arame, and kombu.

I have no idea if anyone is interested, but thought I'd share that. It's the 6th week of IP for me and I'm getting bored with the veggies. Rhubarb is on our Select veggies list too, which I love! Also, Yellowtail (I had some sashimi yellowtail) is a Red Fish. That's also on our approved list of fish. FYI for all you sashimi lovers out there.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday925 View Post
fluffymama I like your attitude start a new day tomorrow-that's the spirit! because our weigh in is just a snapshot. Next week will show a loss. Hang in there--keep going!
I am sure it is water weight. Last Friday at my weigh in I was 5 POUNDS over! I didn't cheat at all. Woke up the next morning and was 2 pounds lighter than my previous week weigh in weight.

Don't stress!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Hey all, just popping in while I eat my salad at work to report that week one netted me a 10.4 pound loss. WOOHOO! Hope you're all having a great IP week. :-)

This week, I'm eating only puddings and drinks. The soup totally grosses me out, and the omelette was just so-so. Oh, and I ate out 4 days in a row and still found IP things to pick from, and still lost! YES!
Oh, my gosh! What a great loss!

I had stopped eating the omelet, but today I had one and it was pretty good. Better than I had remembered. It's true what they say about your tastes changing while on IP.

I just got back from Kohl's. I bought two new pairs of size 10 jeans and a cute top. Everything was on sale and I had a 30% off coupon. I got all three for $38. Everything I owned pantswise was looking sloppy and gross.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Love the feeling of new (smaller!!) jeans! Congratulations BevS! When did you start IP?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
My protocol says to have my third IP packet as an afternoon snack. So I wouldn't have a fourth packet. But if I eat an early dinner, then I have my third packet before bed.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Love the feeling of new (smaller!!) jeans! Congratulations BevS! When did you start IP?
Jan. 5. It's great! 26 pounds in 8 weeks.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
just a heads up not sure what you mean by "cook them in oil" but watch the oil - we're not supposed to have fried foods.
I guess I should have said sauteed instead of cooking in oil. I use Grapeseed or Olive oil all the time and count it as my olive oil allotment for the day. I hope this is okay????
Old 03-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #130  

Okay..so for dinner I am having 2.5 oz of fat free ham and 1 poached egg. (my coach told me that 2 eggs would count as a protein) so I split the two in half. I threw a little bit of Franks hot sauce on the egg and actually feel like I am eating food from the land of the living! lol
Old 03-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #131  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
Okay..so for dinner I am having 2.5 oz of fat free ham and 1 poached egg. (my coach told me that 2 eggs would count as a protein) so I split the two in half. I threw a little bit of Franks hot sauce on the egg and actually feel like I am eating food from the land of the living! lol

Oh yeah, forgot to mention last night I had a dream that I was sitting in my backyard with a baguette and a tub of butter. Just hanging out slicing off a piece of bread, buttering it and eating it. Crazy what food does to the brain! lol
Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Oh, my gosh! What a great loss!

I had stopped eating the omelet, but today I had one and it was pretty good. Better than I had remembered. It's true what they say about your tastes changing while on IP.

I just got back from Kohl's. I bought two new pairs of size 10 jeans and a cute top. Everything was on sale and I had a 30% off coupon. I got all three for $38. Everything I owned pantswise was looking sloppy and gross.
Nothing feels better than a new pair of skinny jeans!!! Congrats Bev!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 186/170/146

Height: 5ft 9"

keep posting all the good news! Makes it much easier to stay on plan for me.
Thanks everyone.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by denialdoesntwork View Post
keep posting all the good news! Makes it much easier to stay on plan for me.
Thanks everyone.
Hey denialdoesntwork with the cute cat avatar, I started IP on Feb 10 too! And I too live in the great state of Washington.

PS: Hey! What happened to our trackers? I finally rated getting a tracker yesterday. Now everyone's is gone.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Hmmm. Seems that the 3FC trackers are currently not working. The Ticker Factory ones do, though.
Closed Thread