Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 04:54 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
I now have an absolutely wonderful IP alternative: Bodytech Pro-Pudding at Vitamin Shoppe. I bought dutch chocolate and vanilla creme. They come in individual packets just like our IP puddings. They are delicious! They mix well in the IP shaker with water and they are wonderful in a blender with ice and water. I think I am in alternative heaven! Oh, did I mention they cost about a third of the IP price? They do.

I am feeling the burn of that last 40 pounds!
FYI: just went on the vitamin shoppe website and they are buy one get one 50% off! but the ship time is 3-4 weeks. oh well, it will be a nice surprise, plus this makes them even cheaper than lindora....yay!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
FYI: just went on the vitamin shoppe website and they are buy one get one 50% off! but the ship time is 3-4 weeks. oh well, it will be a nice surprise, plus this makes them even cheaper than lindora....yay!
Thanks for the update. I was thinking about trying to place an online order. I have been waiting for my local store to get their stock in since last week. So far it is not in yet. I hope this is not going to be an ongoing problem with supply.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Thanks for the update. I was thinking about trying to place an online order. I have been waiting for my local store to get their stock in since last week. So far it is not in yet. I hope this is not going to be an ongoing problem with supply.
I ordered and they said it was out of stock -- no ETA on when it would arrive. I have the order still in and it'll ship when it ships, I guess. I ordered from New Lifestyle on the RTD boxes, and amazingly they will be here tomorrow. They are such fast shippers! (Way faster than Sephora, I swear they send it on the slowest truck possible)
Old 09-08-2010, 11:21 PM   #154  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
(Way faster than Sephora, I swear they send it on the slowest truck possible)
Food may be my 1st weakness........but SEPHORA....whole other story. In fact, just rewarded myself with some perfume......I'm addicted, not just to perfume...everything!!!!!!.....ugh....any threads that can help curb that issue?!?!?!? lol!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Food may be my 1st weakness........but SEPHORA....whole other story. In fact, just rewarded myself with some perfume......I'm addicted, not just to perfume...everything!!!!!!.....ugh....any threads that can help curb that issue?!?!?!? lol!
Ugh, I have no idea, but if there is, let me know. And the worst part is that you HAVE to spend $50 a time to get free shipping, and since I'm naturally mall-avoidant (I know, I know) I just buy my normal stuff and have it delivered. And then the deals, and then the samples, then I love the samples and I have to buy them. If only they could find a way to ship it with ANY speed at all, I'd love them even more.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:59 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

What is going ON with the RTD drinks these days?? Vanilla has been out of stock at New Lifestyle for months now, also at Lindora. Now chocolate's out too. They have pushed the restock date back again and again and again. I sent an irate email to NL and got a very nice call back on my answering machine saying they don't know anything either. Now there is no mocha even listed on their site. I know things were being reformulated, but this is ridiculous. I really love those drinks. Anybody in the know as to what's going on behind the scenes? Is the EAS mercury thing more insidiously widespread than we think? I am very frustrated.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #157  
Started IP 9/1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
I know that some people have IP omelet packets. How would this translate for the alternate plan? and do you do this in place of one of your alternate protein snacks?
thanks
wen
I have the IP omelet packets....not really a big fan, so I've been using Egg Beaters. They have less carbs, calories, fat.....but also less protein. So, I am now searching out whey protein that I can add to boost that. I know I'm not doing it right, but I don't like the IP omelets. This counts as your morning protein.

Anyone out there make a better suggestion?!? Lol...I'm relatively new at this!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #158  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
I have the IP omelet packets....not really a big fan, so I've been using Egg Beaters. They have less carbs, calories, fat.....but also less protein. So, I am now searching out whey protein that I can add to boost that. I know I'm not doing it right, but I don't like the IP omelets. This counts as your morning protein.

Anyone out there make a better suggestion?!? Lol...I'm relatively new at this!
I have no problems with the IP eggs so I might not be much help but, here was an idea that came to me.

A normal IP egg packet is 110 cal .5g fat 20 pro and 3 carb

What if you used 2 egg whites and 1/2 an IP egg packet.

2 egg whites = approx 32 calories no fat 8 pro and no carb
1/2 packet IP egg= approx 55 calories .25g fat 10 pro and 1.5 carb

GRAND TOTAL is 87 calories, .25g fat, 18 pro, and 1.5 carb

OR

If you use egg beaters ORIGINAL, Garden Veg, or Southwest & 1/2 IP Egg
and
1/4 cup Egg beaters = approx 30 calories no fat 6 pro and no carb
1/2 packet IP egg= approx 55 calories no fat 5 pro and 1.5 carb

GRAND TOTAL is 85 calories 0 fat 11 pro and 1.5 carb
Using the cheese & chive egg beaters adds 5 calories & 1 fat g to the above

Add to either the above a serving of the kraft grated parmesan with the green cap, used to top spaghetti or pizza, and you can add 20 calories, 1g fat, 2 pro, and zero carbs

NEW TOTAL is 107 cal, 1.25g fat, 20 g pro, and 1.5 g carb

You can add your own cut up herbs, spices or veggies if you want.

This of course is not IDEAL. It is low on calories, probably missing some of the essential nutrition built into the IP packets and may be a little off on the aminos although, using egg whites is pretty complete. It does give you a protein powder to cook with that is IP compliant and is more heat stable than guess which whey might be.

My concern is using the egg beaters alone you would need to use 4 servings (1 cup) to get to the calorie and protein levels offered by IP.

When I started my coach told me I could substitute 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg for an IP packet. It could be doctored up with herbs, spices, and a little no carb cheese (like I mentioned above).

When I needed extra protein, I was told I could add to egg or 2 egg whites to my IP eggs.

There are many alternatives out there. Maybe try some experimenting with the IP protein packets, since you have it, before or as you look for a whey?

I hope you find something you like and that works!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 09-11-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #159  
Started IP 9/1/10

I actually just sent my bestie to GNC to inquire about whey....was thinking I could do the Eggbeater, then add some whey protein to a drink to equal it out.....but, I think I will try using up the packets I have in the way you suggested.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is the greatest site ever!!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #160  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
I actually just sent my bestie to GNC to inquire about whey....was thinking I could do the Eggbeater, then add some whey protein to a drink to equal it out.....but, I think I will try using up the packets I have in the way you suggested.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is the greatest site ever!!!!
I didn't note it above but, the way I make this is...

first blend the 1/2 pack of IP egg with water, then I add the egg or egg white and spices to that. I have an immersion blender so, I whip it up with that. In a pinch I have used a shaker to mix it all up.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #161  
queenbee

S/C/G: 240/204/140

Height: 5'7"

Default omelet recipe

For wyoangel looking for a way to use up your IP omelet, try this. This has to be my all time favorite IP recipe. I have it for lunch with a salad.

"Fried" Cauliflower
---------------------

1/2 head fresh cauliflower, slice head into 1/2" slices
2 tsp olive oil
Sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper to taste
1 pkg Ideal Protein Omelet Mix

Preheat oven to 450°. Place sliced cauliflower into gallon ziplock bag. Drizzle with olive oil. Season to taste. Close bag and coat evenly. Add dry omelet mix and coat evenly. Place in single layer on cookie sheet sprayed with Pam or on parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes until coating is crispy and cauliflower is tender.

Note: the cauliflower is sliced to make it cook evenly. I break the larger pieces into bite-sized ones. There will be really small bits and pieces, but just include all into the bag.

I tried it with zucchini and it was great as well. Want to try okra and maybe mushrooms next.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I've just spent the last hour reading this whole sticky. I've been on iP since April, done pretty well i would say. The problem is, i'm bordering on broke. I work full time and am a full time student at an annoyingly expensive private college (so basically i'm dumping all extra money into them). The extra $84 a week is really starting to cripple my bank account. I REALLY want to stay on IP because i've been doing well and still have about 35lbs to lose (a guess, my coach thinks i can reach 140 comfortably: any suggestions/advice??). So back to my main point, i really want to start substituting my IP packets with Isopure zero carb protein powder and the occasional IP bar (the bars keep me sane and away from cheating). I'm afraid to bring this up to my coach and really like the support i get from the center. Also, i'm afraid i won't know everything i need to when it's time to phase into maintenance. Any ideas? Suggestions? Advice?
Old 09-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #163  

Default Following the program on a tight budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
I've just spent the last hour reading this whole sticky. I've been on iP since April, done pretty well i would say. The problem is, i'm bordering on broke. ... So back to my main point, i really want to start substituting my IP packets with Isopure zero carb protein powder and the occasional IP bar (the bars keep me sane and away from cheating). I'm afraid to bring this up to my coach and really like the support i get from the center. Also, i'm afraid i won't know everything i need to when it's time to phase into maintenance. Any ideas? Suggestions? Advice?
As you've read, there are several successful dieters now in maintenance who have used alternative products while following the plan. You could easily use a heart-healthy egg substitute product with some egg whites for breakfast (replace the omelet); one of the shakes available at retail stores for 1 IP packet; order bars from Lindora (if you're in the US); get bulk soynuts from the grocery/bulk/health food store and use them on salad or as a snack; Jacqueline posted a recipe for protein powder enriched sugar-free jello. There's some variety for your 3 "packet" type meals. And your protein powder sounds like it might work. What will you mix it with?

It's unlikely that your coach and your center will support substitutions for products. They may require you to follow the program, which means using IP products, or terminate the official coaching relationship. I believe it's part of their agreement with Ideal Protein. If you look at it from IP's corporate perspective, they want to be able to guarantee that the weight loss results they report have come from following their program and using their products. And there's the shareholder value issue: no sales = no profit = no return for shareholders = no jobs for senior executives. It makes sense but it does leave you in a tough spot.

I don't remember every detail of the agreement I signed. Before discussing substituting products with your coach, it might be worth asking to read the agreement and getting a copy for yourself.

Another option is to phase out properly and then maintain your weight until you can afford the $$ to melt off the remaining pounds following Phase 1 again. There could well be some advantages for you: you get to maintain the relationship with your coach and your clinic and you learn habits -- shopping, eating, exercising -- that will help you maintain your weight at your goal. (kind of like a dress rehearsal for lifetime maintenance).

with your decision.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

^^^ Thank you very much for your advice! I've been thinking about it most of the day, and think i have come up with a solution. I have enough packets for another two weeks or so. I'm going to let my coach know that i'm going to "take a break" from the diet for a while/until my semester is over (i figure i should be ready for phase two by then) and then come back to "get back into things" at that point. Do phase 1 with IP packets for a couple weeks and then get ready with the center for phase 2. I have had friends that have used this method and the center did not mind when they made the decision to return. I'm going to let them know at my next weigh-in and see how it goes. I feel good about my decision and am definitely relieved i made one!
Old 09-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
^^^ Thank you very much for your advice! I've been thinking about it most of the day, and think i have come up with a solution. I have enough packets for another two weeks or so. I'm going to let my coach know that i'm going to "take a break" from the diet for a while/until my semester is over (i figure i should be ready for phase two by then) and then come back to "get back into things" at that point. Do phase 1 with IP packets for a couple weeks and then get ready with the center for phase 2. I have had friends that have used this method and the center did not mind when they made the decision to return. I'm going to let them know at my next weigh-in and see how it goes. I feel good about my decision and am definitely relieved i made one!
What do you mean by a "break"?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-13-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: to remove verbose solution that didn't add to the conversation
Closed Thread