3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194723-ip-monthly-chat-february-2010-continued-3-a.html)

jordanna 02-21-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandiedoll (Post 3164361)
Hello everyone,
I'm starting IP on either Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on when my box arrives!)

I starting reading through all of the different posts on 3fc a few days ago when my friend told me about IP. I hadn't seen her in a few months and she e-mailed me some photos of her trying on wedding dresses -- I couldn't believe how great she looked! She found the diet through the chiro office she works at and she is going to be my coach. She and I have always had a similar body-type so she said she thought IP would work for me, too. I am really excited to start and I can tell from what I've read on the forum that this will be a great tool in helping me stay on plan :-)

Hi Mandie - welcome :)

This forum is fantastic, it really helps keep me motivated and on those days when I just don't want to stay on program all the success stories people have really keep me pushing forward!

libbyshims 02-21-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3164008)
Only a riggers wife understands the life of the rigs :) I miss him all the time but it affords me the opportunity to be a stay at home mum :)

What took you to Houston? Bet you don't miss the cold winters!!

I'm a SAHM too...2 boys ages 5 and 9. We moved to Houston because of a job transfer with NOV. He got out of the patch before our second son was born and went into oilfield sales. Miss friends and family but do NOT miss the cold!!!! :)

denialdoesntwork 02-21-2010 04:26 PM

After reading through the recipes and reading the posts, I decided to try the Turnip Fries....full disclosure I have never thought i liked Turnips.
OK, I was so wrong. It's worth a try if you are struggling with the veggies, doesn't feel like you are eating a vegetable at all and YUMMY! This from a former turnip hater! :carrot:

Thanks for the inspiration. We need to keep mixing up the veggie portion of this so we don't get bored and eat something else. :df:

jordanna 02-21-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3164442)
I'm a SAHM too...2 boys ages 5 and 9. We moved to Houston because of a job transfer with NOV. He got out of the patch before our second son was born and went into oilfield sales. Miss friends and family but do NOT miss the cold!!!! :)

ahhh gotcha - my husband is hoping to end up as a consultant or field sup or something like that :) I keep telling him we need to end up somewhere warm lol.

skittlescda 02-21-2010 04:54 PM

Something I remind myself of often and may be helpful for those of you who feel that a 3 or 5 pound loss is not a good achievement and you allow it to discourage you, think about 2,3 or 5 pounds of butter, throw them in a bag and carry them around for a while or maybe try a 5 pound bag of potatoes...this is how much you have lost in one week...GONE!! That is amazing and what a great motivator to keep you on track. :carrot:

jordanna 02-21-2010 04:56 PM

Moved my weigh in day from Monday to Sunday...don't feel like I lost anything this week...gulp...wish me luck!

Eastcoastmama 02-21-2010 04:56 PM

I have four children between the ages of 6 and 16. I totally understand wanting to eat what they are eating. I found the bars very helpful when they were having something good. I am now trying to stay away from them - want to see if I can speed up the weight loss a bit. I too, like Wagnomore, enjoy hot tea with splenda. The warmth and little sweet really helps.
I find motivation in the fact that I can keep up with everything they are doing so much better than I could just a few weeks ago. Not having to carry around the extra weight has been liberating.
When I reach my goal I will have lost how much my six year old weighs. I get tired just thinking about carrying him around all the time. It is no wonder I didn't feel like doing much a few months ago. I can't wait!:)

skittlescda 02-21-2010 07:16 PM

Something I don't quite understand. We are allowed 3 protein packs per day and only one restricted. It's very strongly recommended by Dr. Tran that no less than 3 IP packs are eaten each day.

I've noticed that some people stay away from the restricted items because they feel they'll lose faster but this is not the way the IP diet plan is supposed to work and I'm wondering if this in only making it harder for some people to get through a day and why they can't fill up on veggies and salad.

I have to wonder, for those who are having 3 IP packs a day and staying away from bars (restricted items) are the 50 extra calories per day (puddings are 90-110 calories and most bars are 140-160 calories) going to make that much difference if you are following the diet otherwise.

I'm thinking ENJOY a bar if you want....ENJOY Chocolate soys or BBQ puffs, why make this any harder than it has to be. Having these treats may make it all that much easier to get to your goal faster and you will feel less deprived. When my older kids are watching TV (glued to the Olympics) and they are eating chips and dips....I'm enjoying my BBQ soy puffs and not feeling like I'm missing out on a thing.

Just my two cents.
Happy Sunday all you lovely people ;-)

jordanna 02-21-2010 07:18 PM

Hey everyone, I'm down 2.4 lbs this week. I was hoping to hit 30 lbs before my husband came home but I suppose 26 will do :)

I've been really strict keeping my carbs below 30 g and only eating the none restricted foods & veggies but the weight loss has slowed down considerably. I guess I should give myself a reality check and remind myself that I've lost 26.1 lbs in 5 weeks. No other diet or program has given me such amazing results!

sam0617 02-21-2010 07:30 PM

Can anyone tell me if their coach told them that during phase 1 & 2 you can only exercise in the evening after dinner? If your coaches have told you something different regarding exercise or if you have done something different would you please share this information.

sam0617 02-21-2010 07:31 PM

I forgot to add I am in my first week of being on Ideal Protein.

jordanna 02-21-2010 07:47 PM

according to many of the coaches, it seems that if you were already exercising prior to starting the diet then to proceed exercising in the manner your body is accustomed too.

If you were not working out prior to starting IP then it's better to let your body adjust to the program prior to starting any new activity. It is also recommended to only do light cardo & weights etc but not to get your heart rate up to high.

That being said, your coach is your coach for a reason and it's usually best to listen to them as they have your full medical history etc.

wagnomore 02-21-2010 07:52 PM

Boot Camp

[QUOTE=skittlescda;

I have to wonder, for those who are having 3 IP packs a day and staying away from bars (restricted items) are the 50 extra calories per day (puddings are 90-110 calories and most bars are 140-160 calories) going to make that much difference if you are following the diet otherwise.

There's been some talk in months past on lowering your carbs - not so much the calories that assists your body in burning the "fat of the land" - it's been referenced as boot camp.

I personally think switching it up a bit helps too - go for a week lowest carbs possible then back off the following week. The switching around kinda shocks your body - anything to avoid it thinking it's going into starvation mode - which just shuts your metabolism down.

Just my 2 cents...

fluffymama 02-21-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopefulTricia (Post 3162135)
Wyo Sky -- I asked my doctor yesterday about vegetables too. I asked about measuring the vegetables before or
after cooking them. She said the 2 cups should be after when
you are eating them cooked. That's a lot of vegetables at one meal. So the point is, our Mom's were right. We should eat our vegetables. I lost 10 pounds this first week and I'm not sure I ate more than 2 cups raw at any meal...
Congratulations to you on your weight loss too! I am really crazy about this diet
but of course, I am brand new.

my coach said the veggies should be measured before they are cooked..

shelleydar 02-21-2010 08:18 PM

Well tomorrow is weigh in and according to my scale I haven't lost much (maybe 1 1/2). I've been totally exhausted for about 5 days. Needless to say, I'm not feeling very motivated. :(