3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194723-ip-monthly-chat-february-2010-continued-3-a.html)

fluffymama 02-21-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3162722)
Awww thanks BlueMermaid!! I find it really helps me stay motivated to be active on this forum and to update my blog.

My husband knew I started the diet because I started the diet on Monday the 18th of January and he left on Wednesday the 20th of January, but I have not said a word to him about it since. I'm sure he's forgotten, or afraid to bring it up thinking it didn't work out for me. I can't wait for him to come home!! He comes home this Wednesday and I really hope he notices!!

I just checked out your blog and if he doesn't notice the difference than he must be blind! My hubby is weird like that though, I have to say something for him to say that he has noticed a difference. Then I am like, "if you see a difference you need to tell me!" He said something totally stupid like, "that's all part of my strategy". I think he is just scared to bring it up because he knows how extremely sensitive I am about my weight. I am super sure your hubby will totally notice though!!!!:D

frogsrock 02-21-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMermaid (Post 3164996)
You and I are the same height and I have set my goal weight at 170. I am a big boned girl and can carry my weight pretty well. It is nice to see someone that is 5'8" not wanting to weigh 140. I don't think I weighed 140 in junior high. :)

I concider myself to be big bones as well. I couldn't imagine myself at 140.. I was looking good at 192 and feel that I would be happy at 175.. maybe drop to 160 depending upon. It's all a matter of seeing how I look at that point.

Wyo Sky 02-21-2010 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=skittlescda;3164725]I've noticed that some people stay away from the restricted items because they feel they'll lose faster but this is not the way the IP diet plan is supposed to work and I'm wondering if this in only making it harder for some people to get through a day and why they can't fill up on veggies and salad.

I have to wonder, for those who are having 3 IP packs a day and staying away from bars (restricted items) are the 50 extra calories per day (puddings are 90-110 calories and most bars are 140-160 calories) going to make that much difference if you are following the diet otherwise.

QUOTE]

I think you make a very valid point here. These are questions that have come to me as well as I have gone through the many posts here.

My doctor stresses to me that KETOSIS IS NOT the aim of the Ideal Protein plan and is not necessary to lose weight. Ketosis is the aim of other plans such as Atkins, etc. I was on Atkins years ago and checking my reading on Ketostix everyday. I lost weight but gained it all back and then some. From what I understand through my doctor, Ideal Protein is working a very different way. It helps to reset the pancreas and metabolism and whatever else I have going on in my system that has been so compromised by the many diets I've been on over the years.

It seems to me, that if a person fixiates on KETOSIS, it can be done on this diet with carb counting and selecting only foods where you are around 25 carbs a day....OR, you can rely on the science and success this program offers and go ahead and enjoy those one restricted items a day. Personally I am banking on the latter, I want this program to help me fix my internal weight loss mechanisms that I've damaged. If it turns out I am not losing like I should, maybe then I will consider the low carb option and stick to the non-restricted stuff. I would like to think this is the last diet/program I need to try and that the results will be long lasting.

That being said, "sweets" can be a bad trigger for me in general. The bars (which I've bought but not yet tried) are making me a little nervous to have around, what if I like them too much?? I actually was thinking of trading them in for non-restricteds (shakes or puddings) just to ward off the temptation...at least initially as I am starting this program.:dizzy:

Hope that helps:^:

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogsrock (Post 3165009)
I concider myself to be big bones as well. I couldn't imagine myself at 140.. I was looking good at 192 and feel that I would be happy at 175.. maybe drop to 160 depending upon. It's all a matter of seeing how I look at that point.

That is my approach too. I think I look really great at 185 but we will see what I look like now when I get there. You will be surprised at how quick 25 more lbs will go away. It sounds like you have had great success at weight loss before and this is the easiest diet I have ever done. :dust:

sam0617 02-21-2010 10:05 PM

:dance:
Can anyone tell me how to find and attach the weight tracker that so many of the people on this site have that show the progression of their weight loss.

Thanks

shelleydar 02-21-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMermaid (Post 3164882)
Shelleydar, 1.5 lbs lost is still better than a gain in weight. Do you know why you are exhausted? I felt that way the week of my period but I think I was out of ketosis also. Are you taking your supplements and eating enough salt?

Yep to both questions...I don't know why I'm tired - just feel like crap.

frogsrock 02-21-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMermaid (Post 3165018)
That is my approach too. I think I look really great at 185 but we will see what I look like now when I get there. You will be surprised at how quick 25 more lbs will go away. It sounds like you have had great success at weight loss before and this is the easiest diet I have ever done. :dust:

I have never really dieted before. I have tried several different metabolism boosting pills. I started my whole quest after leaving all my family and moving 1000 miles away with a guy that swept me off my feet. We eventually got a dog and I tell you, taking away swim parties and bbq's and everything else that comes with family I started out loosing by not doing anything other than a change of life. Then I became a member of Curves and just exercise alone gave me wonderful results. Amongst everything I change my lifestyle and the way that I eat. After getting married and then going through the worst year of my life I put some back on, then lost it, gained it and now it's going to go for good. I ended up going back to my old habbits and let depression get the best of me. Not this time though. I am a determined person when I put my head to it.

RJC 02-21-2010 10:28 PM

Down 2 this week for me.

jordanna 02-21-2010 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=Wyo Sky;3165017]
Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3164725)
I've noticed that some people stay away from the restricted items because they feel they'll lose faster but this is not the way the IP diet plan is supposed to work and I'm wondering if this in only making it harder for some people to get through a day and why they can't fill up on veggies and salad.

I have to wonder, for those who are having 3 IP packs a day and staying away from bars (restricted items) are the 50 extra calories per day (puddings are 90-110 calories and most bars are 140-160 calories) going to make that much difference if you are following the diet otherwise.

QUOTE]

I think you make a very valid point here. These are questions that have come to me as well as I have gone through the many posts here.

My doctor stresses to me that KETOSIS IS NOT the aim of the Ideal Protein plan and is not necessary to lose weight. Ketosis is the aim of other plans such as Atkins, etc. I was on Atkins years ago and checking my reading on Ketostix everyday. I lost weight but gained it all back and then some. From what I understand through my doctor, Ideal Protein is working a very different way. It helps to reset the pancreas and metabolism and whatever else I have going on in my system that has been so compromised by the many diets I've been on over the years.

It seems to me, that if a person fixiates on KETOSIS, it can be done on this diet with carb counting and selecting only foods where you are around 25 carbs a day....OR, you can rely on the science and success this program offers and go ahead and enjoy those one restricted items a day. Personally I am banking on the latter, I want this program to help me fix my internal weight loss mechanisms that I've damaged. If it turns out I am not losing like I should, maybe then I will consider the low carb option and stick to the non-restricted stuff. I would like to think this is the last diet/program I need to try and that the results will be long lasting.

That being said, "sweets" can be a bad trigger for me in general. The bars (which I've bought but not yet tried) are making me a little nervous to have around, what if I like them too much?? I actually was thinking of trading them in for non-restricteds (shakes or puddings) just to ward off the temptation...at least initially as I am starting this program.:dizzy:

Hope that helps:^:

Actually Ketosis is a very important part of this diet, otherwise it would just be an extremely low calorie diet. If you follow the plan you are only eating between 650 - 800 calories a day which would be unhealthy for your body, but because it's in ketosis it's using the stored fat in your body to get the extra calories your body needs to survive.

rachel13 02-21-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogsrock (Post 3165053)
I have never really dieted before. I have tried several different metabolism boosting pills. I started my whole quest after leaving all my family and moving 1000 miles away with a guy that swept me off my feet. We eventually got a dog and I tell you, taking away swim parties and bbq's and everything else that comes with family I started out loosing by not doing anything other than a change of life. Then I became a member of Curves and just exercise alone gave me wonderful results. Amongst everything I change my lifestyle and the way that I eat. After getting married and then going through the worst year of my life I put some back on, then lost it, gained it and now it's going to go for good. I ended up going back to my old habbits and let depression get the best of me. Not this time though. I am a determined person when I put my head to it.

It's so easy to let things get out of control without really noticing. I had a tough year also and I gained almost 30 lbs. & I must have been in denial because I feel as if I didn't realize until after it was too late. Now I know that I owe it to myself to look better. Being thin isn't going to make my life perfect but it sure will help. I mentioned to my best friend the other day (who has never suffered a "fat" day in her life) that so many things were going to be different for me when I finally felt like I looked great. She responds with "what do you mean" completely confused and I didn't have a good answer for her. Not one that she would understand anyway. All I know is that I have lost 11 lbs. and I am so happy knowing I am on my way to a better me. Good luck :)

frogsrock 02-21-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam0617 (Post 3165040)
:dance:
Can anyone tell me how to find and attach the weight tracker that so many of the people on this site have that show the progression of their weight loss.

Thanks

If u look up to the top of your page you will see the purple bar... There will be a part that states quick links, a few down you will see weight tracker. I just set mine up so hopefully you will be able to find it as well.

skittlescda 02-21-2010 10:42 PM

Wyo Sky, I'm not focusing on staying in ketosis, if I continue to lose gradually and learn in the process how to keep the weight off for good, this will all be worth it in the end for me.
I tried Atkins last year and lost 20 lbs in about six weeks and I eventually gained it ALL back and another 15 pounds on top. I was also diagnosed with a gallstone while on the Atkins diet and I've been bothered with gallbladder problems since then however since I've been on the IP diet I haven't had any pain in my right side at all!!! This in itself is reason for me to continue on this diet.
Atkins was just too low carb for me and I could not live that diet style and maintain my goal weight, however, I feel that if (when :smug:) I attain my goal weight I'll be able to introduce other foods, such as fruits and vegetables while keeping my carbs low by enjoying the IP higher carb foods products (bars & puffs) that I've come to enjoy.

frogsrock 02-21-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJC (Post 3165084)
Down 2 this week for me.

Great job.. 2 is better than nothing.

frogsrock 02-21-2010 11:37 PM

I set up my tracker but it's not showing.. Does anyone know why?

jordanna 02-21-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogsrock (Post 3165191)
I set up my tracker but it's not showing.. Does anyone know why?

Hey frogsrock! welcome to 3FC. Unfortunately before you can have a weight tracker or any signature, you need to have been a member of 3FC for 20 days and have more than 25 posts :)