3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194723-ip-monthly-chat-february-2010-continued-3-a.html)

ChelleFL 02-21-2010 10:06 AM

What was your start date? I think we may be about the same time. I started 2/8.

I stirfry shrimp with bean sprouts, zuccini and pea pods in 1 tsp olive oil and then put on a little low sodium soy sauce.

ChelleFL 02-21-2010 10:17 AM

I don't have an IP recipe, but the South Beach recipe was simply to cook the cauliflower until mush, add I can't believe its not butter spray, pepper and salt and mash it up untl it the consistency is like mash potatoes. I would just use the IP sea salt.

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChelleFL (Post 3163887)
I don't have an IP recipe, but the South Beach recipe was simply to cook the cauliflower until mush, add I can't believe its not butter spray, pepper and salt and mash it up untl it the consistency is like mash potatoes. I would just use the IP sea salt.

Thanks to everyone for the recipe ideas for the mashed cauliflower. :hug:

Mystical Mamma 02-21-2010 10:43 AM

weight loss comparison's

Came across this gem on another website and just had to share! What great motivation to see what your weight loss is equivelant to!!
P.S I have lost an average 2 year old child! lol! :dizzy:

What have you lost?

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weighs more than his heart!) :o
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 10:46 AM

Omg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3163925)
Came across this gem on another website and just had to share! What great motivation to see what your weight loss is equivelant to!!
P.S I have lost an average 2 year old child! lol! :dizzy:

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human’s skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weighs more than his heart!) :o
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

Wow! That really puts it in perspective. :lol:

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 10:48 AM

Wow, how did I become a senior member? Is it how many posts?

ChelleFL 02-21-2010 11:04 AM

I just tried it and it really wasn't bad at all. The consistency is not great, but I added cinnamon and put the bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds. Much better.

ChelleFL 02-21-2010 11:11 AM

Oatmeal

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3162607)
I'm not a fan of oatmeal at all, can anyone tell me how the Maple Flavor Oatmeal tastes? I've had this pouch for awhile lol:?:

Opps! Forgot to put the quote.

jordanna 02-21-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3163286)
Hi Jordanna-I just read your blog and am so encouraged!!! My husband and I moved from Calgary to Houston almost 2 years ago. He used to work the patch too. I remember those weeks without him and how hard it was for me to eat right--most nights I would have a bag of popcorn and other junk. I am so proud of you and I can't wait to hear what he says when he sees you. Your pictures look great!!! Congrats!!!:carrot:

Only a riggers wife understands the life of the rigs :) I miss him all the time but it affords me the opportunity to be a stay at home mum :)

What took you to Houston? Bet you don't miss the cold winters!!

jordanna 02-21-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3163855)
After seeing your pics on your website, I can guarantee that your hubby will notice! Great job!!!! :congrat:

Thanks Mystical Mamma :)

oh and - I'm hoping after todays weigh in I will have also lost a 2 year old :)

ChelleFL 02-21-2010 11:36 AM

Idea

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3162114)
The weekend is the toughest time for me....everyone is home and eating different things. I'm fortunate that my family is very supportive and for the most part they'll cook for themselves too!! I'm planning a quiet weekend and going to prep some meals for next weeks (main meal). If anyone has any suggestions for a nice dinner for phase 1....I'm all ears.

Have a great weekend!
Trish

Opps! Forgot to post quote - this was the 1st one I missed. Haven't been on the board for over a week.

What was your start date? I think we may be about the same time. I started 2/8.

I stirfry shrimp with bean sprouts, zuccini and pea pods in 1 tsp olive oil and then put on a little low sodium soy sauce. You can also use chicken, beef, whatever.

rachel13 02-21-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMermaid (Post 3162443)
Hi Rachel, did you start eating that 3rd protein? That may be the difference of your body trying to adjust. Are you getting close to TOM? That messed with me as you see on week 4. Good Luck and hang in there. Don't let it get you down. The weight will come off.

Both of those things are happening this week. I should never have gotten a scale! This is the 2nd week that this has happened and on Friday I weigh and if it hasn't moved or has gone up at all I get upset and then don't follow the diet over the weekend. I mean I don't stray too far but enough to ensure I won't have any weight loss for the week but I don't kno maybe it's because of those weekends few and far between that I am able to stay strict during the week days. The last time this happened I came back and had a 7 lb. loss the next week. I wish I had more will power sometimes. I am going to give away my scale until after I am done with IP. It's too tempting and too easy to justify my actions on the weekends. :(

rachel13 02-21-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3162722)
Awww thanks BlueMermaid!! I find it really helps me stay motivated to be active on this forum and to update my blog.

My husband knew I started the diet because I started the diet on Monday the 18th of January and he left on Wednesday the 20th of January, but I have not said a word to him about it since. I'm sure he's forgotten, or afraid to bring it up thinking it didn't work out for me. I can't wait for him to come home!! He comes home this Wednesday and I really hope he notices!!

I'm so happy that your husband is coming home! It must have been a tough 5 weeks. :) I went and checked out your pictures and wow what a difference!
Although I hate my thighs and am counting every cm. they shrink I love seeing the change in my face!! There is no way he won't notice!!

Mystical Mamma 02-21-2010 11:56 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but I have a love/hate relationship going on with the weekends! On one hand, I LOVE the weekends because I get to relax and spend time with my hubby and family. On the other hand, I have WAY too much time on my hands. I try to keep busy and not think about food, but it gets really hard sometimes. During the week, I am sooooo busy at work that I don't even give it a second thought. But then comes Saturday and Sunday and oh boy........ I want to find an even balance between relaxing and staying busy when I have time off, but I am starting to dread the weekends. Anyone else have this problem??

wagnomore 02-21-2010 12:08 PM

Libbyshims -restaurant favorites...this is going to look like I have a real addiction to eating out...but a couple favorites that I can eat at without blowing the IP diet...

Applebees - Grilled Tilapia/salad/brocolli
Ruby Tuesday - Tilapia or steak
Texas Roadhouse - Steak/salad/veges and of course Subway.

Mystical Mamma - your loss comparisons make me laugh hysterically. It's funny you mention it though - I have made the comment I have lost the weight of my two Jack Russells and truly can't carrying them around all day. I think I was totally in denial about my weight gain!