3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194723-ip-monthly-chat-february-2010-continued-3-a.html)

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3164731)
Hey everyone, I'm down 2.4 lbs this week. I was hoping to hit 30 lbs before my husband came home but I suppose 26 will do :)

I've been really strict keeping my carbs below 30 g and only eating the none restricted foods & veggies but the weight loss has slowed down considerably. I guess I should give myself a reality check and remind myself that I've lost 26.1 lbs in 5 weeks. No other diet or program has given me such amazing results!

Jordanna, 2.4 lbs is still a terrific loss for 1 week. Your first 4 weeks were pretty large numbers and now your body is trying to protect itself a little bit. There is not another diet I am aware of that you can lose 23+ pounds and then lose another 2.4 lbs. :carrot: 26 lbs in 5 weeks is still averaging over 5 lbs a week and that is outstanding! I can't wait to hear what your husband has to say. You are doing great!

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3164725)
Something I don't quite understand. We are allowed 3 protein packs per day and only one restricted. It's very strongly recommended by Dr. Tran that no less than 3 IP packs are eaten each day.

I've noticed that some people stay away from the restricted items because they feel they'll lose faster but this is not the way the IP diet plan is supposed to work and I'm wondering if this in only making it harder for some people to get through a day and why they can't fill up on veggies and salad.

I have to wonder, for those who are having 3 IP packs a day and staying away from bars (restricted items) are the 50 extra calories per day (puddings are 90-110 calories and most bars are 140-160 calories) going to make that much difference if you are following the diet otherwise.

I'm thinking ENJOY a bar if you want....ENJOY Chocolate soys or BBQ puffs, why make this any harder than it has to be. Having these treats may make it all that much easier to get to your goal faster and you will feel less deprived. When my older kids are watching TV (glued to the Olympics) and they are eating chips and dips....I'm enjoying my BBQ soy puffs and not feeling like I'm missing out on a thing.

Just my two cents.
Happy Sunday all you lovely people ;-)

I think staying away from the restricted items is more to do with the carb count than the calorie count. I was eating a restricted every day and I think it knocked me out of ketosis. I still eat a few restricteds in the week but seem to be doing better by not eating 1 every day. If your body can handle the extra carbs and still maintain ketosis, I would eat a restricted every day. I don't know how much difference the boot camp theory makes in speeding up the weight loss. If the restricted can keep you from the Dorito bag, by all means eat the restricted. I definitely agree with the 3 IP packs a day to maintain your muscle mass.

Have any of you noticed how the weight seems to come off your legs quicker than anywhere else?

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelleydar (Post 3164838)
Well tomorrow is weigh in and according to my scale I haven't lost much (maybe 1 1/2). I've been totally exhausted for about 5 days. Needless to say, I'm not feeling very motivated. :(

Shelleydar, 1.5 lbs lost is still better than a gain in weight. Do you know why you are exhausted? I felt that way the week of my period but I think I was out of ketosis also. Are you taking your supplements and eating enough salt?

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 08:55 PM

Things not moving
 
I just wanted to share for those of you suffering with constipation. A friend of mine also on the diet said that her coach told her to only take 2 of the calcium/magnesium tablets a day instead of 4. I decided to do this as well and it has helped a great deal. Before I was drinking the magnesium citrate and I have not had to since I cut back on the calcium supplement. I don't think we are going to be short calcium by the end of the day. If you look at the nutrition information on the IP packs, there is a great deal of calcium in them. The pudding alone has 50% of the daily value. Those of you eating 2 puddings a day are getting plenty of calcium. I would be interested if any of you have asked your coach about why we need to consume so much calcium.

heavynomore 02-21-2010 08:59 PM

question on the supplements
 
Got a quick question, after scanning all your threads. On the IP diet, when getting into Phase 4, is it still necessary to take all the supplements that have been taken to date?

Just trying to eliminate some costs here as my wife and I have been on the diet since before Thanksgiving. She just started Phase 4 and I will start phase 3 this coming Wednesday.

Feels so good to be at our goals, we never thought it would happen.:)

heavynomore 02-21-2010 09:01 PM

Thanks for the tip
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMermaid (Post 3164914)
I just wanted to share for those of you suffering with constipation. A friend of mine also on the diet said that her coach told her to only take 2 of the calcium/magnesium tablets a day instead of 4. I decided to do this as well and it has helped a great deal. Before I was drinking the magnesium citrate and I have not had to since I cut back on the calcium supplement. I don't think we are going to be short calcium by the end of the day. If you look at the nutrition information on the IP packs, there is a great deal of calcium in them. The pudding alone has 50% of the daily value. Those of you eating 2 puddings a day are getting plenty of calcium. I would be interested if any of you have asked your coach about why we need to consume so much calcium.

Thanks BlueMermaid,

Going to try this today. Seems like a weekly battle for both my wife and I. If this works, we owe you BIG TIME.

frogsrock 02-21-2010 09:15 PM

Whew.. I finally got all caught up. I have been reading this forum for many weeks now and have finally got some time to join in. I read mostly at work in between calls and was unable to register as a new user.

I want to start off with saying thank you. All of you have been such a motivation for me.

I 1st started Jan 27th.. It was a struggle from the beginining to do this financially and I gave up after a few days then decided I needed to do this. My first week I lost 6.75 lbs and 3.25 inches...

My 2nd week was a bigger struggle and I felt my TOM was coming, I had going issues (if you know what I mean) and I was really depressed but stayed on for the most part. I went in for my weigh in and the scale was not calibrated right and the BMI machine wasn't working and had to use a different one. To say the least, after much time fidgetting with it I was .25 lbs lighter but had lost 3.5 inches..

My 3rd week I had company. I did a really great job this week. I wasn't 100%, but made smart decisions cheated when I absolutely had to, chose to have a valentines breakfast with my daughter and it was worth every moment... Final results - 5.75 lbs lighter and 6.5 inches gone!

My 4th week - Struggling, but doing much better than my 1st and 2nd week...

I need to be 100% and not cheat. It's so hard. I love hiking so I have been on several hikes and my will power always seems to fail me. It's the weekends. During the week I do great. I never thought I would say "I look forward to going to work'', cause I can stay on plan.

Overall I have lost 12.75 lbs and 12.75 inches. What a coincidence.

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavynomore (Post 3164920)
Got a quick question, after scanning all your threads. On the IP diet, when getting into Phase 4, is it still necessary to take all the supplements that have been taken to date?

Just trying to eliminate some costs here as my wife and I have been on the diet since before Thanksgiving. She just started Phase 4 and I will start phase 3 this coming Wednesday.

Feels so good to be at our goals, we never thought it would happen.:)

WOW! Amazing! You have lost 70 lbs!!! That is terrific that you and your wife are at your goal weight. I would speak with your coach about the supplements and be leary if they want you to keep taking them. Do some comparing with other vitamins and I know some of the other girls on here will have some good information on the supplements and where to get similar ones at a cheaper price. On phase 4 you should be eating a more "balanced" diet and I would not think all of the supplements should be necessary. That is just my opinion though. I plan on going back to my daily multi vitamin when I reach phase 4 unless I see something on here that changes my mind.

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogsrock (Post 3164950)
Whew.. I finally got all caught up. I have been reading this forum for many weeks now and have finally got some time to join in. I read mostly at work in between calls and was unable to register as a new user.

I want to start off with saying thank you. All of you have been such a motivation for me.

I 1st started Jan 27th.. It was a struggle from the beginining to do this financially and I gave up after a few days then decided I needed to do this. My first week I lost 6.75 lbs and 3.25 inches...

My 2nd week was a bigger struggle and I felt my TOM was coming, I had going issues (if you know what I mean) and I was really depressed but stayed on for the most part. I went in for my weigh in and the scale was not calibrated right and the BMI machine wasn't working and had to use a different one. To say the least, after much time fidgetting with it I was .25 lbs lighter but had lost 3.5 inches..

My 3rd week I had company. I did a really great job this week. I wasn't 100%, but made smart decisions cheated when I absolutely had to, chose to have a valentines breakfast with my daughter and it was worth every moment... Final results - 5.75 lbs lighter and 6.5 inches gone!

My 4th week - Struggling, but doing much better than my 1st and 2nd week...

I need to be 100% and not cheat. It's so hard. I love hiking so I have been on several hikes and my will power always seems to fail me. It's the weekends. During the week I do great. I never thought I would say "I look forward to going to work'', cause I can stay on plan.

Overall I have lost 12.75 lbs and 12.75 inches. What a coincidence.


12.75 lbs in 3 weeks with some cheating is great. You must have made some good choices along the way. Life after IP will be about choice and we are all learning to make better choices. That is really too bad that you had all the frustration with the scale and bmi machine. Dieting is hard enough without having things like that happen. I hope things go smoothly for you from here on out. Hang in there and keep up the great work!

frogsrock 02-21-2010 09:29 PM

12.75 lbs and according to my calculations it's 13.75 inches.... yea!
3 inches from my chest
3.75 inches from my waist
Issues with measuring my abdomen but 2 inches last weigh in from week before
2.25 inches from my hips
1.25 from my thigh
1 inch from my arm
1.5% body fat - didn't get reading

A different person did my measurments the first time so things weren't quiet accurate for my 1st week.

All this in 3 weeks. No diet I have every tried gave me these types of results.

I start my weigh loss in 2007 and my heaviest point was 292. The lowest number I saw was 192. I have had 2 roller coaster rides of gaining it back and then loosing and I'm not going to see a 3rd ride.

Now that I am posting on here I'm hoping I will keep myself more accountable and not cheat myself. It's my money that I'm loosing and it's setting me further away from my goal.

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogsrock (Post 3164974)
12.75 lbs and according to my calculations it's 13.75 inches.... yea!
3 inches from my chest
3.75 inches from my waist
Issues with measuring my abdomen but 2 inches last weigh in from week before
2.25 inches from my hips
1.25 from my thigh
1 inch from my arm
1.5% body fat - didn't get reading

A different person did my measurments the first time so things weren't quiet accurate for my 1st week.

All this in 3 weeks. No diet I have every tried gave me these types of results.

I start my weigh loss in 2007 and my heaviest point was 292. The lowest number I saw was 192. I have had 2 roller coaster rides of gaining it back and then loosing and I'm not going to see a 3rd ride.

Now that I am posting on here I'm hoping I will keep myself more accountable and not cheat myself. It's my money that I'm loosing and it's setting me further away from my goal.

I don't give a lot of credit to the inches when they are measured at my clinic. I just go by how my clothes fit. I think there are too many variables with getting measured, especially if it is not the same person everytime. I know we can lose inches and not weight on some weeks so this number is important, too bad we don't have a groove where the tape measure goes to insure it is put in the same place every time.

Welcome to the board! These people are terrific with all their posts and I learn more here than I do from my coach.

frogsrock 02-21-2010 09:37 PM

I feel that my exercise have helped me a great deal. I did a hike yesterday that was 6 miles, last weekend was 4 miles, the weekend before was 7.5 miles and I do walking during the week.

I have read a lot of controversy about exercise. I couldn't do it without it. It's such a stress reliever and when stress comes, that's when it's the hardest

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogsrock (Post 3164974)

A different person did my measurments the first time so things weren't quiet accurate for my 1st week.

All this in 3 weeks. No diet I have every tried gave me these types of results.

I start my weigh loss in 2007 and my heaviest point was 292. The lowest number I saw was 192. I have had 2 roller coaster rides of gaining it back and then loosing and I'm not going to see a 3rd ride.

Now that I am posting on here I'm hoping I will keep myself more accountable and not cheat myself. It's my money that I'm loosing and it's setting me further away from my goal.

You and I are the same height and I have set my goal weight at 170. I am a big boned girl and can carry my weight pretty well. It is nice to see someone that is 5'8" not wanting to weigh 140. I don't think I weighed 140 in junior high. :)

BlueMermaid 02-21-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogsrock (Post 3164991)
I feel that my exercise have helped me a great deal. I did a hike yesterday that was 6 miles, last weekend was 4 miles, the weekend before was 7.5 miles and I do walking during the week.

I have read a lot of controversy about exercise. I couldn't do it without it. It's such a stress reliever and when stress comes, that's when it's the hardest

I think if you are used to exercising it should not be a problem. It will actually help keep you toned. I had not been exercising as much when I started the diet and was really too tired for the first couple weeks. I am feeling much better and have been trying to get some exercise in most days.

frogsrock 02-21-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMermaid (Post 3164984)
I don't give a lot of credit to the inches when they are measured at my clinic. I just go by how my clothes fit. I think there are too many variables with getting measured, especially if it is not the same person everytime. I know we can lose inches and not weight on some weeks so this number is important, too bad we don't have a groove where the tape measure goes to insure it is put in the same place every time.

Welcome to the board! These people are terrific with all their posts and I learn more here than I do from my coach.


Yes, it's very hard to take these numbers because your right there are a lot of variables. I have pants that I couldn't button last month and now they fit comfortably. That is a great feeling. I look forward to getting back down below 192 .. The clothes I have right now were falling off me. I know my body structure will be different this time around though cause I have lost some of my muscle with the replacement of fat. 192 sounds so far away.:dizzy:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.