3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194723-ip-monthly-chat-february-2010-continued-3-a.html)

libbyshims 02-20-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3162463)
Hang in there, Sarkbait...I just finished week 2 too, and I felt the same way. I thought that with this much hard work, I too, haven't cheated AT ALL, and was disappointed about my loss. I know it is hard. My sister in law has been on since October and has averaged 5 pounds a week...I immediatly did some calculating on what I would be at in 2 months (I have a trip with friends to Vegas) and went online in search of bikinis. So yesterday, when I was down a total of 7.5 instead of the 20 which I had thought I would be, I was pretty sad. I remembered this is the most I have lost in one week on any diet I have ever been on (NutriSystem, Jenny, WW, SouthBeach etc.), and that was encouraging. Plus, my friends can see the difference too, so that is encouraging.

It sounds like you and I are on the same week. hang in there and please email me if you need anything.

I also was weighing in everyday...not good. I moved the scale to my husbands closet. If he wants to weith himself, he can pull it out. I just can't leave it out, because I was in there at least twice a day. Totally not good for my mental state!!!

BlueMermaid 02-20-2010 08:44 AM

Your website

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3162235)
Hey Ritiki I just noticed you're 199 lbs!!

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:CONGRATULATIONS FOR GETTING IN TO ONEDERLAND :cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2:

Jordanna, you are very active on this blog and are always posting such positive reinforcement to everyone! Thank you so much! I went and checked out your blog. I was surprised to see the pictures right off the bat. It is nice to put a face to your name. You can really see that you have lost weight from January to February. Great Job!:carrot::hug::carrot:

Does your husband even know yet or are you still keeping that a secret until he gets home? I am sure he will be pleasantly surprised!

libbyshims 02-20-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelaughlove (Post 3162221)
Hi IP Friends!
Ok, day 3 down--started ok with vanilla pudding but due to working later than expected, didn't get anything to eat until 2 pm...started feeling weak and headachy but once I ate something, felt much better. I must be starting into the ketosis mode since I have an icky taste in my mouth all of the time:?:
My counselor says this is a good thing :)

My saving grace is that she showed me all of the other protein drinks like the juices I can have vs. only the soup (ick) or omelette (double ick)! So I feel renewed in knowing that I've got some more options out there. I think I can only tolerate the cold stuff at this point since I am still feeling a bit up and down. One minute energized the next kind of weak. I am staying up on my supplements and also adding the sea salt. I've even added a sublingual b12 too. I am so determined to get this right and family is very supportive although I kind of wanted to stangle my hubby when he brought home the left over "Top Pot" donuts from the office! I don't think he is trying to sabatoge me but really...is he insane??!! Pat me on the back, I just lovingly looked at them and closed the lid....:carrot:
Good luck everyone in succeeding tomorrow!

Pat, Pat, Pat!!! (me patting you on the back!!);) That is awesome! I read you hate the omelette? Have you tried putting cut up red and green peppers in it? I usually cut up one of each and saute it in my nonstick first, then add the omelette mix. I eat these about every second day for lunch. I am not a big breakfast person, so the cappuccino drink works for me. I bought a Magic Bullet blender (best purchase, ever--next to the 'skinny jeans' I am going to own soon...lol) and mix all my drinks in there with a little ice. I bought the Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup from Target (zero calories, zero fat, zero carbs) and drizzle that in for an iced mocha. I even put it in my Starbucks insulated tumbler for that mental satisfaction.

Have a great day!

libbyshims 02-20-2010 08:49 AM

Hi guys,

For those of you looking for the Walden Farms products, I ordered some online today. I can't type in links yet (jr. member) but if you type their name and then add a backslash / and ww, it will take you to a special page for ww magazine subscribers where there are coupon codes with the whole buy one get one free promo. I bought 5 items, got 5 free and ended up paying only 33 bucks with shipping.
WF stuff is approved on IP...:)

BlueMermaid 02-20-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3162483)
Hi guys,

For those of you looking for the Walden Farms products, I ordered some online today. I can't type in links yet (jr. member) but if you type their name and then add a backslash / and ww, it will take you to a special page for ww magazine subscribers where there are coupon codes with the whole buy one get one free promo. I bought 5 items, got 5 free and ended up paying only 33 bucks with shipping.

Thanks for sharing. I am trying to find the website and not having much luck. I will add the link if I can get to it.

BlueMermaid 02-20-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3162483)
Hi guys,

I was not adding the .com first. Here is the link:

http://waldenfarms.com/ww/

skittlescda 02-20-2010 09:29 AM

Happy Saturday :-) One thing that I think is worth mentioning again, for some of the new people to IP, in most cases your taste buds will change, especially once you get used to the taste of the soy & whey protein and sucralose. My first day on the diet I had the cereal and mushroom soup and the I thought "oh dear I'm never going to be able to eat this stuff!!" I know for me it was the taste of the whey/soy & sucralose, especially the sucralose (I've never tolerated artificial sweeteners). I decided to be patient and hoped I'd acquire a taste for them....well I did/have and I now enjoy the soup and although I'm not fussy about the mushroom soup, I do like the chicken soup mixed with sauteed veggies. The IP kind of food was entirely something new for me and it just took time to get used to it.
I also tried the Walden sauces this week, Thousand Island, Honey Dijon and the BBQ and wow considering they are zero calories they are very good....much better than the ones I've picked out in the past from my grocery store.

Did I read on here that it's ok to replace a protein with a real egg?

BlueMermaid 02-20-2010 09:39 AM

There is a window that looks similar to the one below. Copy your signature into it and scroll down until you see the button that says save signature. That way you don't have to add it every time.

skittlescda 02-20-2010 10:08 AM

I have been trying to save the weight tracker for sometime now and just having NO luck and I meet all qualifications.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-st...1/145/189/.png

BlueMermaid 02-20-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3162525)
Happy Saturday :-) One thing that I think is worth mentioning again, for some of the new people to IP, in most cases your taste buds will change, especially once you get used to the taste of the soy & whey protein and sucralose. My first day on the diet I had the cereal and mushroom soup and the I thought "oh dear I'm never going to be able to eat this stuff!!" I know for me it was the taste of the whey/soy & sucralose, especially the sucralose (I've never tolerated artificial sweeteners). I decided to be patient and hoped I'd acquire a taste for them....well I did/have and I now enjoy the soup and although I'm not fussy about the mushroom soup, I do like the chicken soup mixed with sauteed veggies. The IP kind of food was entirely something new for me and it just took time to get used to it.
I also tried the Walden sauces this week, Thousand Island, Honey Dijon and the BBQ and wow considering they are zero calories they are very good....much better than the ones I've picked out in the past from my grocery store.

Did I read on here that it's ok to replace a protein with a real egg?

I recall something like that but I don't remember if it was 1 or 2 eggs or egg whites.

skittlescda 02-20-2010 10:24 AM

I'm not a fan of oatmeal at all, can anyone tell me how the Maple Flavor Oatmeal tastes? I've had this pouch for awhile lol:?:

BlueMermaid 02-20-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3162607)
I'm not a fan of oatmeal at all, can anyone tell me how the Maple Flavor Oatmeal tastes? I've had this pouch for awhile lol:?:

I have not tried it but have read it is good if you add cinnamon to it and maybe a little extra water.

jordanna 02-20-2010 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMermaid (Post 3162470)
Jordanna, you are very active on this blog and are always posting such positive reinforcement to everyone! Thank you so much! I went and checked out your blog. I was surprised to see the pictures right off the bat. It is nice to put a face to your name. You can really see that you have lost weight from January to February. Great Job!:carrot::hug::carrot:

Does your husband even know yet or are you still keeping that a secret until he gets home? I am sure he will be pleasantly surprised!

Awww thanks BlueMermaid!! I find it really helps me stay motivated to be active on this forum and to update my blog.

My husband knew I started the diet because I started the diet on Monday the 18th of January and he left on Wednesday the 20th of January, but I have not said a word to him about it since. I'm sure he's forgotten, or afraid to bring it up thinking it didn't work out for me. I can't wait for him to come home!! He comes home this Wednesday and I really hope he notices!!

want2run 02-20-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelaughlove (Post 3162221)
Hi IP Friends!
Ok, day 3 down--started ok with vanilla pudding but due to working later than expected, didn't get anything to eat until 2 pm...started feeling weak and headachy but once I ate something, felt much better. I must be starting into the ketosis mode since I have an icky taste in my mouth all of the time:?:
My counselor says this is a good thing :)

My saving grace is that she showed me all of the other protein drinks like the juices I can have vs. only the soup (ick) or omelette (double ick)! So I feel renewed in knowing that I've got some more options out there. I think I can only tolerate the cold stuff at this point since I am still feeling a bit up and down. One minute energized the next kind of weak. I am staying up on my supplements and also adding the sea salt. I've even added a sublingual b12 too. I am so determined to get this right and family is very supportive although I kind of wanted to stangle my hubby when he brought home the left over "Top Pot" donuts from the office! I don't think he is trying to sabatoge me but really...is he insane??!! Pat me on the back, I just lovingly looked at them and closed the lid....:carrot:
Good luck everyone in succeeding tomorrow!

mmmmmmm "Top Pot" donuts...you did great!!!!!

jordanna 02-20-2010 12:14 PM

I created a forum this morning which compiles all the data that has been collected about the alternative products. I'm hoping that alleviates some of the nonsense and divisions going on in the forums?

I'm not trying to step on any toes, I think everyone is entitled to their opinions regarding using IP products or finding cheaper alternatives I just think it's causing problems for some reason so why not remove it from the regular chat forum in hopes to alleviate some of the drama?

IP - Food Alternative Ideas & Tips Forum