Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #211  
Started IP 9/30/09

S/C/G: 240.2/207.4/135

Height: 5'4"

The portabello burger sounds good! I cheat with cheese occasionally too (like today, just a sprinkle of sharp cheddar in my chili), and figure it's my once indulgence. I cut back a bit on the olive oil to offset the fat...if that makes any sense. That makes it justifiable to me anyway. :-)

Last edited by ukandewit; 11-10-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #212  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstolove View Post
Hi there! Love seeing everyone's posts here. I am in the maintenance phase. Loved the diet. It is nearly impossible to gain the weight back...even with my nightly glass of wine. Hehe...For those of you who do not care for Splenda you can try Stevia. It is sold in natural foodstores, Super Supplements, Fred Meyer etc. It comes in many forms. I carry tablets in my purse for hot drinks like coffee. You can also buy it in packets in powdered form. This works well for unsweetened iced tea, etc. I use it in liquid form in my coffee or when making lemonade. It is available in many flavors and if you put it in carbonated water it tastes like pop. It is what my kiddos drink. It's really quite good. It can also be used for making salad dressing, put in marinades, and for baking. It is also very very good for you and for your pancreas! And totally allowed in phases1-3. When you hit phase 4 you can also use agave syrup as a sweetener. It is very low on the glycemic index. Tastes good on cereal etc... Also, you can buy TrueLemon and TrueLime in the baking section of the grocery store. It is powdered lemon or lime juice. Very good on Chicken or fish or in marinades. I love it in water with a bit of stevia. It's just like drinking Lemon/limeade. I have some wonderful, tasty, good enuf for company recipes I would love to post soon. May the force be with you.

Hey, Lesstolove. Congratulations to you for getting to maintenance! Did you post in an earlier forum while you were in stages 1, 2 ,&3? If you haven't, you HAVE to tell us your story. I am dying to know where you started; difficulties you faced; how long were your phases;...everything. People like you and awle, who is almost there, really motivate us. Do tell!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #213  
Started IP 9/30/09

I was going to ask if anyone had tried reducing the number of packets they use? I'm kind of struggling with the cost (I'm a single mom, and spending waaaay more on food with the $80ish a week in packets, then other groceries). My mom, who is doing the diet too, and I talked about trying to substitute a lean protein like tuna, for lunch instead of a packet, and maybe 1-2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast. (A foil packet of tuna is $2.00 and eggs are $.12 apiece or so... so that's $2.25 compared to $8.00...saving around $40/week....if my approximate calculations are correct) Any thoughts?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukandewit View Post
I was going to ask if anyone had tried reducing the number of packets they use? I'm kind of struggling with the cost (I'm a single mom, and spending waaaay more on food with the $80ish a week in packets, then other groceries). My mom, who is doing the diet too, and I talked about trying to substitute a lean protein like tuna, for lunch instead of a packet, and maybe 1-2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast. (A foil packet of tuna is $2.00 and eggs are $.12 apiece or so... so that's $2.25 compared to $8.00...saving around $40/week....if my approximate calculations are correct) Any thoughts?
Im going "home on vacation" for 2 weeks. I leave on the 16th and had to buy my food today. I could not afford to drop 240 in one day so I asked If I could do something similar like you said. We decided breakfast and evening snack would be packets and lunch and dinner would be a protein and veggies. I believe thats basically the next phase. Realize you can do this partially on your own, this is here to get you through the tough part so you don't have to do the "i am effin hungry and can't wait to cook something" the packets are there and easy so you don't cheat. It is totally up to you and think if you have to make that change you will still lose weight! you won't be eating how you were before. Ill let you know if i lost after my first week of vacation! I have also decided to see if I can find my own supplements...they are way over priced there!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Oh and 2.00 for tuna is outrageous! just go for the can! most places offer an off brand (which is the SAME thing) in a can for 50-75 cents. If you dont want to carry a can opener around put it in a zip lock bag before you leave!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #216  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Someone was asking about nutritional info for the packets. I knew I'd seen it somewhere. I just found it on page 18 of the October monthly chat. I'd post the links myself, but I'm a computer dummy.

Last edited by echobaby; 11-10-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Grazing

Everyone, I am used to grazing all day. Gaining isn't easy for me, but losing is hard. I'm on the diet now 7 days, have a weigh in tonight. I'm miserable at 10am and 2PM. I WANT TO GRAZE!! Does anyone have any tips to get me through these times, I don't want to cheat!!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #218  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Everyone, I am used to grazing all day. Gaining isn't easy for me, but losing is hard. I'm on the diet now 7 days, have a weigh in tonight. I'm miserable at 10am and 2PM. I WANT TO GRAZE!! Does anyone have any tips to get me through these times, I don't want to cheat!!

Sorry to hear your having a hard time.

Just a couple suggestions that help me.

I split up my salad, veggies and protien packet for lunch. I don't set down and eat all the food at once. If I begin to feel hungry I'll have my packet then later when I get that craving/hunger I will eat my 2cups of veggies and same with the salad. I don't know if this is a no-no but it helps me make it to dinner without cheating. Also if I feel that I cannot make it to dinner I will eat my snack between lunch and dinner or maybe just nibble on a protien bar while making dinner for the rest of the family.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #219  

Hello everyone)

Amazing to see all the posting today!! I really needed it) I am having a tougher day today. I was up all night with my little girl who is very sick with the flu. i only managed to get abut 2 hours of sleep and woke up with peanut butter cups on my mind. I remember once before my doctor telling me when we don't sleep enough we crave sugar cause when we are sleeping our brains feeds of off glucose and if it doesn't get enough it causes cravings. Still I am having a tougher day and this was perfect to find

I just tried the leek soup and won't be making that mistake again LOL
I will stick to the mushroom one, which I love especially with a cup of pureed cauliflower in it Mmmmm

Saraj..that portebello mushrrom burger sounds amazing i will have to try that)) Thanks for the recipe!!

lesstolove super congrats on the maintenance stage that is awesome.

There was much more I wanted to write but my brain has quite working. I will have to come back later

Hope everyone has a great day)
Hugs,
Tash
Old 11-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #220  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallygirl View Post
I forgot I was going to write down what I use for salad dressing. I love raspberry vinegrette so I take Three tsp apple cyder vinegar, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 Table spoon of WW raspberry jelly and a little garlic powder. It makes quite a strong but really yummy dressing. It works best if you put it through the blender so I tripple or more the batch and have enough for the whole week. I can also take some with me when we eat out, so I can really enjoy a salad. You only need about 4 tsp on a salad so it goes a long way.
Mmmmm this sounds yummy I will be having to try it)) Thanks for sharing the recipe
Old 11-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 189/150/135

Quote:

I have cheated from the program with breakfast usually. I make a 3-egg white omlette with 1/2-1cup of peppers and mushrooms. It is a few calories less than the packet, but pure protein and a lot cheaper than their omlette mix particularly if you get the eggs on sale. It is also easy to order for breakfast at a restaurant.

Thanks for the tip on making the chocolate muffin better. I will let you know how it goes. Is Splenda unrestricted??
Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #222  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

I wanted to thank all of you on your advice... Did not cheat today, though it was tempting at lunch! (office lunch at the restaurant) At first I was worried about ordering allowed food but it was not a problem at all! Replaced the included clam chowder with a salad and the french fries with steammed veggies! None of my coworkers seemed surprised of my questions to the waiter and some of them changed items in their meals afterwards!

One of you identified what must have been my biggest struggle over the last 3 months: cooking two separate dinners for my family and I... Putting words to it helped me overcome the difficulty and thinking of the pounds I dropped along the way keeps me motivated fot the final month or so... Tommorrow, I will cook some meatpie for the Holidays - won't be easy but I will think of THE dress I WILL wear then to help me through!!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 210/190.5/135 Start: 09/20/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Someone was asking about nutritional info for the packets. I knew I'd seen it somewhere. I just found it on page 18 of the October monthly chat. I'd post the links myself, but I'm a computer dummy.
It's also posted in the FAQ.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Whoa....I haven't been on the forum for a few days (son was here and we were loading up a 20 cu.yd truck full of stuff -- garbage!). Wonderful to see all the new posts.

I did talk to my nurse today about going off IP for awhile in December when I go back to Cleveland. She said they would put me on the maintenance phase. Already I have been trying to see where I could tweak it, so I wouldn
t have to buy so many packets. I told her that I couldn't afford 3 weeks of packets. Mmmm....so I have been thinking....could we add protein powder to an instant oatmeal? To a SugarFree Jello Pudding? To a low carb shake? Or would I be better off just going low-carb.

I think all the bottles of DiVinci sugarfree syrups helps a lot. I just ordered (I know...again??!!)...and got pumpkin pie, watermelon and praline. Watermelon was really disappointing. Pumpkin pie was great added to the butterscotch pudding. Haven't opened the Praline yet. My counter looks like a "coffee shop".

Really didn't think I would lose this week...since I sure didn't get in my water....supplements, etc. We were busy from early a.m. until wee hours. I would just grab a protein shake or a bar and keep working. Anyhow...I DID lose 2#....and I am officially in the 150's now! So exciting. My doctor had set 150# as my goal weight, but I had wanted to go to 140#. I guess I will see what happens when I actually reach 150. I started Sept.9th on IP...yesterday was 2 months (but somehow, 10 weeks...duh??).

Have to share a story with you. My son and I were working hard loading the truck with stuff from my parents, then my mom, and finally my husband...we went thru an outbuilding, a garage, a basement, loads of cupboards and closets. ANYHOW....My stomach was bothering me on Monday, so I put on a pair of yoga pants to work and tied the cord tight. They fell off when I was walking! Literally! I thought my son would bust a gutt laughing...he says, "Guess that diet is really working for you, Mom."

So glad to see all the success (and struggles) that everyone is having. It is hard to believe that when I joined this forum in September, there were only a few of us on it....look at us now!!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #225  
Started IP 9/30/09

I was thinking of the tuna packets for convenience to take to work mainly...and I like the taste a little better, but I buy both. The packets I get are 6.4 ounces, and cans are 5. I'm going to tough it out with IP for awhile longer and see how I do...just thinking about other options. Thanks for everyone's input!

I see a lot of people cooking 2 seperate meals for their families. My little lady (7) unfortunately just has to deal with what I cook for supper. =) She sometimes gets a different veggie than me, and a bread of some sort, but for the most part she pretty much eats what I do. (Sans the onions and tomatoes). I've always been decent about having her eat healthy, but have been a lot more concious of watching for sugar intake, and ensuring she is eating a variety of fresh fruit and veggies, and feel great about that! I made "garlic mashed cauliflower" for the first time tonight, and she loved it!
Closed Thread