Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #361  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey, Guys.

I am almost done with week 3, and the past couple days I've noticed a tendency to become very irritable between lunch and dinner. This correlates with the time of day when my Ketostix turn the darkest purple, meaning I'm burning the most fat, but when my blood sugar is lowest. Yesterday I snapped at my wonderful 21 year old son for something stupid. He's like, Mom, what's going on with you? I apologized and felt bad, but it was only then that I realized that this is a pattern. Anyone else noticing this? I'm thinking of eating my evening snack between lunch and dinner. Who cares if I get grumpy after 6 or 7. I just won't talk.

Last edited by echobaby; 11-18-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #362  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

We had an IP consultant come to town and I had a chance to ask some questions - here's what I found out.
- No green cabbage - it has a slightly higher glycemic index than the others and so it's on the occasional list. The new handouts will make this clear.
- No to the Nestea drinks even though they're sweetened with Splenda. He checked the ingredients list and while the Splenda is good re: sugar content, apparently it's got citric acid and that throws out your ??? acidic balance or something, something. RATS!
- Asked about Turnip, Rutabaga, Swede - some we can have and some we can't but depending on the store (or even seed catalogs) they seem to be interchangeable - people call them by the wrong name all the time. He was going to check and get back.
- a friend who has lost 40 lbs in less than 2 months is concerned about maintenance once she goes off the diet. he reassured her that for each of these stages, you receive an instruction sheet same as we have now. it will be a guide for what to eat, etc. It was reassuring to hear that we will have some guidance to help keep the weight off later.

We also got a bunch of new WF condiments - bacon ranch dressing - it's good. i also bought the WF Ketchup - it's not Heinz but at this point it does the trick - a friend tried the onion dip and says it's good. there's also a wide assortment of jams, marmalade, brushetta (could be used on pancakes, crepes or meat), creamy bacon dressing, seafood sauce and lots of others. I guess what this means is that these products are out there and they will help with the boredom.

They did up samples and made the chilli into a soup - it was really good and I wish I had thought of that. It seemed they just cooked some diced veg's (peppers) and added the chilli with lots of water.

They cut up some the bars into small pieces - was a nice way to try without having to buy an entire box - really would make a nice "dainty" tray.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Hey, Guys.

I am almost done with week 3, and the past couple days I've noticed a tendency to become very irritable between lunch and dinner. This correlates with the time of day when my Ketostix turn the darkest purple, meaning I'm burning the most fat, but when my blood sugar is lowest. Yesterday I snapped at my wonderful 21 year old son for something stupid. He's like, Mom, what's going on with you? I apologized and felt bad, but it was only then that I realized that this is a pattern. Anyone else noticing this? I'm thinking of eating my evening snack between lunch and dinner. Who cares if I get grumpy after 6 or 7. I just won't talk.

You could alway try splitting your snack, especially if it is a bar and have 1/2 in the afternoon and 1/2 in the evening
Old 11-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #364  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
You could alway try splitting your snack, especially if it is a bar and have 1/2 in the afternoon and 1/2 in the evening
Thanks, but I'm scared of the bars and have never ordered them. I'd probably be eating them every day instead of once or twice a week. Maybe I could fiddle around with the chocolate cake and try to bake it into a denser bar shape.

Oh, congratulations Torchlaker! Since you are so close to your goal, 2.5 last week is a lot. Regarding youwanting to weeigh 140 instead of what your coach told you, I'd say go for it. You'll never have this much momentum again, and if that's what you want, who knows your body better than you?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #365  
Started IP 9/30/09

S/C/G: 240.2/207.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optichick1 View Post
Well, how much is too much? I only use the Thousand Island Dressing, but I use it 2X each day and douse the salad pretty good.
She suggested just following the serving size listed on the package. I don't actually use the WF dressings much, but use the Wishbone Spritzers instead (and usually use less than the actual serving amount). Our coach said they were ok to use.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

Quote:
Hey, Guys.

I am the exact same way. I either eat my snack, half my snack, or a slice or two of lunchmeat/cheese. Technically cheating, but its not affecting my losses and it gets me to dinner.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #367  
Started IP 10/30/09

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
I am the exact same way. I either eat my snack, half my snack, or a slice or two of lunchmeat/cheese. Technically cheating, but its not affecting my losses and it gets me to dinner.
Hey...that sounds good...the lunchmeat and cheese. Are you using the nonfat sliced "cheese"? I saw it in the store yesterday. I don't care what it tastes like, as long as it raises my blood sugar.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #368  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Default News from last night weigh in...

20bydec, torchlaker & ottawa: Thank you for your motivationnal talk! I've decided to fight the last pounds 1 meal at a time so I can reach my goal prior to the Holidays!

As for last night: Not as good as it could have been but not as bad as expected... It seems I went out of ketosis somewhere in the last two weeks - mostly because of my "tasting experiences" as thought! Instead of the regular 6 or 7 pounds loss (over 2 weeks), I lost 5 pounds. The next two weeks will be my last in phase 1, then moving on to phase 2 and 3! Still am a little scared to change the daily routine but phase 2 very similar (except for 2 dinner instead of a lunch and a dinner). Therefore I am trying to beat my 7,25 pounds record over two weeks so there is not so much to loose afterwards...

Torchlaker, aim for YOUR goal! You and Valkyrie have been my inspiration over the last weeks and by making it this far, I guess this objective is what kept you going in the rough times...

Josh, your results are amazing!!

Keep on the good will!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Thanksgiving Ideas

Okay, would anyone like some low-carb ideas for thanksgiving (gravy, stuffing, etc.)? It doesn't follow the IP diet, but is low-carb for those of us who are going to somewhat splurge!!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #370  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirazon View Post
I was told 20 -25 was gross carbs. Which I don't really understand since the fiber is not absorbed and would not effect ketosis. I'll be interested in what others have heard.
I was told Gross Carbs today by my wellness coach. She said that if we took the dietery fiber into consideration then we would only be allowed like 12 carbs per day. She said trying to keep the plan simple. When you give something to many rules, compliance goes WAY DOWN.

I lost 4.4 in week 2!!! Total of 13.4 lbs gone forever!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #371  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

EchoBaby-I have my snack in the afternoon only because if I don't I would probaly eat everything in sight once home due to being so hungry! I would try the evening snack inthe afternoon or even just split it up, part in the afternoon the rest before bed!

ogdog13-I will post my coach's tips for handling Turkey Day when I get home tonight, it was very helpful to me!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #372  
IP Fan

S/C/G: 156.5/127/126

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone. Down 3.5 lbs this week. Will get to go shopping soon! I'm so glad I found this diet and this group.

Echobaby...I usually have a big salad or stirfry veggies wrapped in lettuce leaves for lunch, then have my protein packet about 2:30 or 3. That has really helped me make it through the afternoon. I love having the pudding at night, mostly because the rest of my family is usually having their after dinner snack and I don't feel deprived.

Have a great week everyone. Hang in there..this diet works!

Old 11-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

Quote:
Hey...that sounds good...the lunchmeat and cheese. Are you using the nonfat sliced "cheese"? I saw it in the store yesterday. I don't care what it tastes like, as long as it raises my blood sugar.
no I actually use the regular fat cheese as it has under 1 carb, and I eat half a slice rolled up with a small shaved piece of turkey or (gasp) salami. It makes me feel full because of the fat. I figure it at between 50-100 calories added to my diet. I exercise fairly regularly and chase three small children in a two story house, so I think I am burning it off, lol. I need that little treat for sanity. it has definitely helped me stick to the diet this long.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #374  
Started IP 10/30/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
no I actually use the regular fat cheese as it has under 1 carb, and I eat half a slice rolled up with a small shaved piece of turkey or (gasp) salami. It makes me feel full because of the fat. I figure it at between 50-100 calories added to my diet. I exercise fairly regularly and chase three small children in a two story house, so I think I am burning it off, lol. I need that little treat for sanity. it has definitely helped me stick to the diet this long.
OK, thanks. My treadmill repaired and have a new belt on the day after TG, so that is my exercise start date.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #375  
IP Fan

S/C/G: 156.5/127/126

Height: 5'2"

Has anyone found anything to add to the lemon pudding to make it taste better? I buy it because of the low carb count, but wish it tasted a little better.
Closed Thread