Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #136  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking Week Two Weigh In!!

I'm a busy little bee...I have so much energy I almost don't know what to do with it!!

Everyday this diet becomes easier and more normal. I don't feel like I'm being denied anything. I feel wonderful!!

Good luck to everyone!!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ski4ever View Post
Hi everybody,

I had my third weigh in last night and had lost another 5.9 lbs. That makes 17.5 in three weeks. How cool it that! On weight watchers it would have taken me at least 2 months to lose that much. Thanks for all the great recipes.
I am a little worried with the holidays coming up that I will want to have just ONE glass of wine, and all my lose will be stopped. I will have to just say no. Easier said than done. I was thinking of bringing one of my pom/cran/blueberry drinks into a club with me and just getting a glass of water. Then I will look like I am drinking and still be legal.
Awesome loss!! My trick during social events is to order a glass of water and put a pomegranite/cherry crystal light packet in it. Everyone thinks I am drinking a cape cod and doesnt question my choices. :-) You and I are pretty similar in build and weight loss goals but you are blowing me away with your big weekly losses! Are you exercising?
Old 11-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 194.5/175.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Awesome job everyone!

Josh - I would have had to quit the program if I HAD to have the leek soup....it was the worst ever. The chicken is decent and the mushroom is the best in my opinion. I tried the chili (is that spelled right?) yesterday for the first time - it was good but the portion was so small even with extra water. Oh well, at least it's something different for now.

One of my favorites is the omelette. Does anyone have any suggestions for preparing that in the microwave? I bring it to work with me and tried it in the mirco once..... It didn't turn out very well. Just wondering if any of you have any helpful hints for that?
Old 11-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #139  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Hey, Josh. I read your blog...keep up the good work. Regarding the soups: after not being able to take them when made per directions, I tried making them with about 10-12 oz. of fat free chicken broth(5 cals/1g carbs per 8 oz.) and adding garlic/onion powder and black pepper. They taste MUCH better and the texture is improved. Someone on this board checked with their coach(I don't have one) about the "legality" of using chicken/beef/vegetable broths and they said to go for it. Hope this helps make them at least palatable. Good luck with your 3rd, and hopefully last difficult day.
I also asked my "coach" about broth and she said try to sekect a low sodium one but that ortherwise it's o.k. to have - opens a whole world of possibilities with making homemade soup.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #140  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gink View Post
I tried the chili (is that spelled right?) yesterday for the first time - it was good but the portion was so small even with extra water. Oh well, at least it's something different for now.
If you add veggies to the chili and a little more seasoning (cumin, chili powder), it is way more filling. I add zucchini, green peppers, and broccoli.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Hey guys.. wow there are so many new folks!! Welcome to all!
Just wanted everyone to know I'm still around... still on phase 1 and can't wait to get on my scales in the morning. My official weigh in is next Friday so I'll post where I am. I'm still doing my cardio and am actually jogging some.. quite impressed with myself I must say
I'm out of town the next two weeks so I should do really well... not much to do at the hotel other than work and work out... especially in the towns I'm going to be in... lol
Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #142  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Today was my 1st "weigh-in"(I weighed myself)and I've lost 6 Lbs. That's awesome, but even more awesome is my energy level. I literally am bouncing off the walls and probably should not drink coffee anymore. I think I'm scaring my coworkers.

This is the weirdest thing: for the past 3-4 years I have dreaded exercising. I have so much energy the past few nights that I couldn't get to sleep much before 2 am....so I now WANT to exercise so I can get tired out!!! How bizarre. Who knew this would be so life-changing?
Old 11-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #143  
Started IP Oct 30/09

S/C/G: 244.6/220.8/175

Hi guys, hope everyone is having a great week! I had my first official weigh and measure and here are the results, 11.2lbs and 7.25" in the first 7 days! Heres to next week!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

Stay away from canned mushrooms! I went to buy some today to keep at work so I don't have to remember the fresh ones everyday...I read the label and the of course pack them with carbs
Old 11-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #145  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by df1960 View Post
I had my first weigh in today. 8lbs down, I thought it would be more than that for the first week, but it is what it is. Having a hard time with figuring out my lunches at work. Most days I've been having the omelet with broccoli, very good anyone with other ideas.
I make the chicken soup with 6oz of water, add a tiny amount of canned chicken and some broccoli slaw. Heat and eat. I make it the night before and warm it up at work. I've also made the pudding the night before and bring it to work. I've put a tiny amt of shrimp on a lettuce salad also.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20bydec View Post
I make the chicken soup with 6oz of water, add a tiny amount of canned chicken and some broccoli slaw. Heat and eat. I make it the night before and warm it up at work. I've also made the pudding the night before and bring it to work. I've put a tiny amt of shrimp on a lettuce salad also.
I also like to doctor up the chicken soup, I steam 2 cups of broccoli, puree it, stir it in, and sprinkle with 1 oz shredded cheddar. Cream of broccoli soup! Very filling and good. I like your idea on some canned chicken.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 165/135/135

Height: 5'2

I'm back!! I finally start IP on wednesday. day 3 for me and going great. I read here about the tasted of thing wasn't great. I haven't found anything that I haven't liked except the cappuccino drink I'm not a coffee person and that just right down taste like coffee to me. As for Walden Farm dressings Ranch, Blue Cheese and the Slaw dressing taste great.. My first WI is Wednesday. I decided when starting this diet I wasn't going to cheat until I have all 30 pounds off of me.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #148  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie00 View Post
Hey guys.. wow there are so many new folks!! Welcome to all!
Just wanted everyone to know I'm still around... still on phase 1 and can't wait to get on my scales in the morning. My official weigh in is next Friday so I'll post where I am. I'm still doing my cardio and am actually jogging some.. quite impressed with myself I must say
I'm out of town the next two weeks so I should do really well... not much to do at the hotel other than work and work out... especially in the towns I'm going to be in... lol
Everyone have a great weekend!
Hi, Valyrie. You're quite an inspiration. Aren't you the one who managed to quit smoking while doing IP? How did it affect the taste of things and your rate of loss?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Quote:
How long have you been doing IP and how much have you lost?
I started Oct 19 so this is week 3 and I have lost a total of 8.7 pounds, 6.5 first week, and 1 pound a week since then, but hopefully I will lose a bit more between today and Monday morning when I weigh myself again.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 282/171.8/165

Quote:
Hi, Valyrie. You're quite an inspiration. Aren't you the one who managed to quit smoking while doing IP? How did it affect the taste of things and your rate of loss?
No, that wasn't me... I have never smoked
Closed Thread