Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #196  

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie00 View Post
Spatime,
I have tried them and I've got a bunch of packages I'm never ever going to use again. They were extremely slimy, for lack of a better word. I just couldn't deal with the texture. I'd offer to pass them around but just looked and the expiration date is 9/24/09. I'm not sure how hardcore that is though.
I did order some of the tofu shirataki tofu noodles from lowcarbu.com and like those MUCH better. I haven't had them but a couple of times.. I used WF Alfredo sauce, some rotisserie chicken and ate it up! Still a little slimy but not nearly as bad.
A couple of hints.... rinse them VERY well... they smell a little fishy. After you parboil them, dry them very well on some paper towels.
Darn, I thought maybe I found something special, but 'slimy' is not something that can replace pasta, so I think I will pass....thanks for the info!! Much appreciated!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #197  

Woot woot! 4.6 pounds on my 5 week weigh in today! Last week was only.2 pounds so I am excited......hint....do not skip your protein packets.....I skipped 8 total the week I only lost .2 and think that may be why!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 212/192/130

Height: 5'

Well, I had my 2nd weigh in today and due to my cheating weekend...I didn't lose any, but I didn't gain any either. I did lose 3 pts of fat and gained 2 in muscle. So, I guess that's good. I'm back to business today and don't anticipate anymore big cheats! I remember that someone talked about how they made the chili a little better, but I looked thru the recipes and couldn't fine anything. If someone remembers, please post again. I bought some chicken broth to help with the chicken and mushroom soup. Those are the only ones I like besides the chili. I'm happy everyone seems to have had a good week, last week. Good luck to everyone this week!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:25 PM   #199  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20bydec View Post
I don't know why i am disappointed with only 3# a week
ONLY 3 lbs a week???!!! There is no such thing as ONLY 3 lbs IMHO . There's no denying that some weeks are better than others, however I've lost 3lbs in the past two weeks. As so many have said before. At the times the scales don't go down, the inches are still going away. I graph my weight so that I don't lose sight of the overall downward trend during the low wt loss weeks.

Congrats on the loose pants!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #200  

this is very silly...I am doing really great during the day and at night i cannot help but taking bites here and there..maybe 3 or 4 times ,small bites of my 3 year old dinner or lunch that i prepare for the day after ...whats wrong with me ! i can't seem to resist on the moment ..does this happen to any of you ?? ......
Old 11-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 118/110/110

Height: 5'4"

Hi there! Love seeing everyone's posts here. I am in the maintenance phase. Loved the diet. It is nearly impossible to gain the weight back...even with my nightly glass of wine. Hehe...For those of you who do not care for Splenda you can try Stevia. It is sold in natural foodstores, Super Supplements, Fred Meyer etc. It comes in many forms. I carry tablets in my purse for hot drinks like coffee. You can also buy it in packets in powdered form. This works well for unsweetened iced tea, etc. I use it in liquid form in my coffee or when making lemonade. It is available in many flavors and if you put it in carbonated water it tastes like pop. It is what my kiddos drink. It's really quite good. It can also be used for making salad dressing, put in marinades, and for baking. It is also very very good for you and for your pancreas! And totally allowed in phases1-3. When you hit phase 4 you can also use agave syrup as a sweetener. It is very low on the glycemic index. Tastes good on cereal etc... Also, you can buy TrueLemon and TrueLime in the baking section of the grocery store. It is powdered lemon or lime juice. Very good on Chicken or fish or in marinades. I love it in water with a bit of stevia. It's just like drinking Lemon/limeade. I have some wonderful, tasty, good enuf for company recipes I would love to post soon. May the force be with you.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 118/110/110

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by feverfixer View Post
Weigh in day yesterday! Down another 6 lbs, makes 16lbs in past 2 weeks on IP! I haven't been under 160 in 10yrs and can't wait! My goal is to fit into a beautiful dress for my renewal of vows in Feb. Married for 20years.

Hubby made me the choc muffins with WF choc sauce. Texture was great but the taste was not! Any idea how to tweak this to get it more palatable?
You might try putting chocolate Stevia in the chocolate muffin mix. I did not care for them either, but my sweetie liked the muffins o.k. with the stevia.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 176/156/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Finally posting

Hi everyone -- I have been 'lurking' for a couple of months now and really enjoy all of the posts.
I'm happy that everyone seems to be doing well on this.

My info -- 41 years old, on IP since Sept. 28, 6 week total loss - 25 lbs.

Like many of you, I battle from time to time with the idea of cheating. What I have finally started to understand is that the enjoyment of a momentary cheat is usually outweighed by the fact that it will set me back for 2-3 days (the time it takes to get back into ketosis) -- after 6 weeks, I think I have 'gotten it'! I figure that I have tried many of the diets where I lost 1-2 lbs per week and am doing this because I don't want that kind of weight loss. I am paying for the food and 'working' at IP because I want to do this quickly and then get myself to a place where I can eat sensibly (but normally) and not have to worry about my weight all the time.

Hope that makes sense to someone -- it is just the way that I have figured out how to stop justifying cheating.

Have a good day everyone.

Kim
Old 11-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 210/190.5/135 Start: 09/20/09

Height: 5'5"

The compounds that make Stevia sweet are now readily available in commercial sweeteners known as TruVia and PureVia. Coke and Pepsi are also both working on drinks using these. They come in a packet like Splenda. Look for the green packet. No chemical taste that I can notice. But I've been using sweeteners for a while - I'm not sure I can tell anymore!

I didn't know about the flavored Stevia. Good to know.

Serenada - that's so hard. You have the additional challenge of having to cook "regular" food for your child. And with each bite you have, I think it makes it easier to cheat the next time. How long have you been on IP? Not sure from your description if this is initial cravings, or if you should be past that.

When I get weak, I turn to chocolate-covered soy puffs (my absolute favorite IP item). When you get that urge, try popping a few of those, and see if you can make it past the urge. You probably won't need the whole bag - just a few to get past the craving or the urge to eat. It will get easier to resist!

Last edited by kira; 11-10-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #205  

S/C/G: S225/C192/G160

Height: 5'6"

Everyone is so doing so great! I had to go buy new pants this weekend so I would have something to wear to work! darn! I hate when that happens! Ha Ha! I kind of had a bad week for little cheats and I weigh in this afternoon. I am a little worried. I think I need to check in here more often because reading about everyone elses struggles, which I share, makes me want to try harder and stick to the plan. This is the first time ever that I have had this much success with a diet and I can't lose momentum now!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #206  

S/C/G: S225/C192/G160

Height: 5'6"

I forgot I was going to write down what I use for salad dressing. I love raspberry vinegrette so I take Three tsp apple cyder vinegar, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 Table spoon of WW raspberry jelly and a little garlic powder. It makes quite a strong but really yummy dressing. It works best if you put it through the blender so I tripple or more the batch and have enough for the whole week. I can also take some with me when we eat out, so I can really enjoy a salad. You only need about 4 tsp on a salad so it goes a long way.

Last edited by vallygirl; 11-10-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #207  

Hi Everyone I am still new to IP 2 weeks in and down 12#. I am doing the diet with my daughter and that makes it a bit easier. My daughter is down 14#. I am 45 and my daughter is 25.

Spatime- I am a researcher - I checked out those "miracle noodles". There is no reason to purchase online,they are available from Asian markets for $1.29 per bag. They are called Yam Noodles(not like our yams). They are in the refridgerated section near the produce ...next to egg roll wrappers. For the price they are cheap enough to try different preperations. I went yesterday and bought a few bags. First we rinsed them (VERY WELL!) then cut them into smaller pieces and added them to broth...Our thought...they would do for a glass noodle imposter. Next, we stir fried them and at first them did seem slimy but we added garlic, chili flakes and soy sauce...cooked for what seemed like it was to long and then that slimy feeling was gone and I did enjoy them. We made ground chicken lettuce wraps and filled the lettuce cups with these noodles. It is best to pre cut the noodles since they are a bit chewy. Conclusion: Not for everyday but definatley a change of pace.

JoshB: I must say your description of the leek soup made me laugh...I hate the leek soup. I have not had a restricted item as of yet but I have tried everything not restricted. The mushroom soup is the only soup I like. But the leek...Wow!! not even words can describe! I love the wildberry yogurt and vanilla pudding with cinnamon. Stay on track...When it seems like it is not worth it...I try and think about the grand scheme of things.... one year out of how many you have left in great health...it is all worth it!!! I keep a journal of what I am craving or missing and tell myself on the few holidays I have predetermined will be a cheat day I will revisit my journal and decide how much I really wanted a certain thing. I do not cheat, nor will I on any days, except for the actual day of a major holiday and that is by choice to keep up with family and traditions....I realize the set back and feel if this IP is a lifetime change then I choose to take it as part of the plan. I did not get heavy overnight and don't find it unreasonable to have a few weeks a year of no weight loss.

To the ladies who post- I applaud your effort...I bet there are many people benefiting from your words but not posting...Kepp it up!

Much luck to everyone!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaygirl View Post
Tasha, I was told by my doctor no cheese . as for the saurkraut that question is on my list to the doctor on wednesday I was told by my doctor that it reads less then 1 gram of carbs ,sugar and fat it's ok to eat.
don't go by your scales because of all the water intake it's going to weigh you down besides the doc says don't worry to much about the scales it will show in inches. When my doctor went on it she said for 2 weeks she didn't lose but 3 pounds but her inches showed a loss then she said her 3rd week she lost 9 pounds. Just hang in there and you are doing everything then it will show somewhere.
Good Luck
You def should stay away from cheese...but, I did have cheese on Halloween because I was dying (it just got way past my bed time) I told my counsleor and although she said no cheating, that besides veggies it is one of the better cheats because there are no carbs and its basically fat, and were obviously eating very restricted fats so it was the wiser cheat lol... I have had pinches of cheese here and there and even last night i made a portobello mushroom burger and put a super thin slice of cheese on it and I have now lost 21 lbs in 3 weeks!!! and the people on here getting discourged by only 2-3 lbs STOP IT!!! lol. On a normal diet 1-2 lbs a week is about all you get!

Ladies and gentlemen, try the burger oh my I felt like a cheater!!! lol
You substitute the bun for portobello mushrooms (you cook them in the over at about 400 for 8-10 minutes coated in olive oil...u put tomatoe, lettuce, mustard and red onion...oh and the slice of cheese which, yes is way naughty...but even with out it, it would have been sooooooooooo goooooood!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #209  

testing my signature
Old 11-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #210  

If you are not offended over foul language I recommend you read Skinny *****. It does go into veganism, and although that will NEVER happen lol, it has some great tips, knowledge and motivation. Its a short read, I read it in a couple hours and it is definatley a motivator to watch what you eat and to care about what you put in your body.
Closed Thread