Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #241  

Hey guys!
So I am on day 9!
My first weigh in is today, and I am not hungry AT ALL its kinda weird it seems like a chore to have to eat all the food haha.

Last night I sorta had my snack drink at midnight, which i hate doing, but i was on a movie shoot for school like ALL night, but I did eat my dinner before, but my counselor tells me no matter what get your protein packets in.

Its really hard for me to eat vegetables, i SERIOUSLY HATE them.
I bought a cucumber and am thinking of maybe putting splenda on them or something, they remind me of like unsweet watermelon and I LOVE fruit so making a vegetable seem like a fruit seems nice to me haha.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #242  
Started IP on 11/4/2009

S/C/G: 198/158/140

Height: 5'6"

First Weigh In today! Down 9lbs! Wooohooo ME! I know it was a bunch of water weight, but I feel SOOOOOO much better! Not as swollen, can sleep because I am NOT jacked up on caffiene. WOOOOOHOOOOO! I know that nexts weeks numbers will be lower but that is ok, this was a great start.

I forgot to ask my Wellness Coach if the restricted veggies were limited to a total of 2 cups through out the week, so if my love was tomatoes, I could cut up my 2 cups of restricted veggies & use them everyday of the week till my 2 cups are gone or if they need to be spaced out? OR can I have 2 cups per week of each restricted veggies??? Any one know?

Thanks, Meghan
Old 11-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #243  
IP Fan

S/C/G: 156.5/127/126

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone-
Well, only 2 lbs down this week, but the inches were way down on all my measurements...like before, one week more off by the scale, next week, more off by the measurements. Still a downward trend, so am satisfied. Seeing a light at the end of the tunnel! Thanks for all the support and recipes!

Old 11-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #244  
Progress, not Perfection!

S/C/G: 238/199/170

Default Crepes

How much water did you mix with your crepe packet? Mine maybe is too thick but it just seems to sit in a glob and looks like oatmeal, uncooked.
Sherry
Old 11-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 165/135/135

Height: 5'2

Today was my first weight in down 6 pounds. That been the most loss I ever had in any diet for the first week. I very happy with it.

Way TO GO on all y'all weight loss!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #246  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
Everyone, I am used to grazing all day. Gaining isn't easy for me, but losing is hard. I'm on the diet now 7 days, have a weigh in tonight. I'm miserable at 10am and 2PM. I WANT TO GRAZE!! Does anyone have any tips to get me through these times, I don't want to cheat!!
I've heard having some hot tea helps fill you up. I try to drink more when i am hungry. Splitting up the snacks/meals also helps. also, try taking a walk or don't go anywhere near the kitchen.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20bydec View Post
I've heard having some hot tea helps fill you up. I try to drink more when i am hungry. Splitting up the snacks/meals also helps. also, try taking a walk or don't go anywhere near the kitchen.
tea is a total life saver!!
I have been soooo exhuasted, all I want to do is sleep the last couple weeks...i dont know whats up with that
Old 11-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #248  

I still have not figured out the ticker thing yet but anyway. I started the day after Labor Day and have lost 31 pounds. I am 50. I even did it a week in Las Vegas on vacation and lost then by bringing my own foods. I am 7 pounds away from being able to say I weigh 1xx instead of 2XX. I have had small bites of food along the way but I can tell that is slowing me down. My favorite food are the chocolate soy puffs. Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice have helped me with the puddings. Dill pickles are my new best friend. I do not like the cappucino but was never a coffee drinker anyway. My co-worker started with me but had an intentional cheat weekend with friends and has never been able to get back on. She is jealous but yet supportive of my journey.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 191/183/155

Height: 5'8

I think i am going to become a vegetarian (AHHH) I know. Not sure if thats do-able on this diet, but I figure once I hit my goal, if done properly that would be a great way to maintain weight. Anyone here a vegetarian or was at anytime???
Old 11-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #250  

Default One day at a time

I still have not figured out the ticker thing yet but anyway. I started the day after Labor Day and have lost 31 pounds. I am 50. I even did it a week in Las Vegas on vacation and lost then by bringing my own foods. I am 7 pounds away from being able to say I weigh 1xx instead of 2XX. I have had small bites of food along the way but I can tell that is slowing me down. My favorite food are the chocolate soy puffs. Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice have helped me with the puddings. Dill pickles are my new best friend. I do not like the cappucino but was never a coffee drinker anyway. My co-worker started with me but had an intentional cheat weekend with friends and has never been able to get back on. She is jealous but yet supportive of my journey.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 210/190.5/135 Start: 09/20/09

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa
I was told not to skip any meals and that not eating within 1/2 hour (1 hour max) after waking up was skipping a meal so I have been trying to stick to that and therefore ended up with the schedule that I have been following.

Has anybody else been told this?
I haven't heard this. Frankly it's my one issue with this program, that each clinic seems to set up different rules. There should be consistent information available on these common questions.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #252  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

i think it is odd that there is not a universal set of guidelines for this diet as there is for instance, wieght watchers. you can llive in china and follow the same guidelines on that diet. i think the problem with IP is that it is relatively new, and alot of the people we are getting our info/instructions from are not directly affiliated with IP but are suppliers of the product. i know alot of people on here are working hand in hand with their health care workers while on diet. so there info and suggestions given, are going to be more directed to them as an individual client / patient. i have seen such variances in info that at first it kind of frustrated me, but then i decided to follow what my coach tells me, do some of my own research and keep my eyes peeled on this forum for tidbits i may find helpful. an example is my coach was told directly by the IP rep that the * beside the 2 cups veggies, was intended to mean, must have at least 2 cups but that you can go over that amoutn. i find 2 cups broccoli, or cauliflour etc, not enough sometimes....i eat more veggies than i do salads and require the hot veggies to round off my supper. i have followed this advice for my entire diet and in 7 weeks, down 30lbs and 25inches. so i wanna say that i am going to follow the advise that works for me. i find it works for me!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #253  
started 10/11/09

S/C/G: 164/160/145

Height: 5'8"

If you look under FAQ on this thread, you can find the "rules" for this diet. The center i belong to hands this out and they are in the top 16 of North America.
But i agree that you have to do what works best for you.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #254  

Hello everyone

This evening has been very tough. I think the reason is 2 fold. One because my family had pizza which I LOVE and even the smell of it is making my mouth water. The second is I have made the mistake of constantly wieghing myslef. I wieghed myself this morning and was up .4. Such an insignificant amount really and probably water due to the cold I woke with or a combination of having spent the previous full night awake with my incredibly ill daughter. My body was probably just holding a bit of extra water from that but it made me think that this is just the same as other plans. The initial start is good then nothing. I know i am wrong so I stayed true, grabbed a pudding and hide in the office reading the blog while my husband took care of feeding the children)
Friday morning is my one week weigh in and i want to make it the best it can. i am super porud that i have done so well and stayed the course. Usually I bail after a day or so LOL

Sara~ I could not be a vegitarian..I loathe vegitables and this is the most i have ever eaten. I love meat so I could and would not give that up. My niece turned vegi and she loves it. As for keeping the weight off?? i don't know I have met chubby vegitariosn before and my neice is very squishy, never seen anything quite like it actually. But that may just be her body

I think there are so many variences for the plan to make it more custom. I think it is the something is better then nothing. THe people that flollow it hardcore are goingto have better results but it is harder to do. Others my need littel tweeks and be ok with that if it is what makes the program doable for them. This is just my guess. I have also found lots of conflicting stuff also and I think everyone has to do it the way that is best for them. Just my opinion))

Joshb~ WTG you are doing great. i hate vegis also,but love fruit and berries. i have found it easier to cook the cautliflower and puree it in a blender with 1/2 -1 tsp of olive oil and some garlis then stir it into the mushroom soup. It was very yummy. It just added to the heartiness with out changing the flavour. Also i cook 1-2 cups of fresh baby spinich with 2 eggs and some garlis and it is awesome) You will be shocked at how much 2 cups cooks down into though. It only looks like it is about a 1/2 cup or less. with a bit of chopped leek sauted in a tsp of olive oil the add the spinich adn 2 beaten eggs you have yourself a yummy dinner I add my seasalt on top before eating and really enjoy it..just an idea

Sherry ~ I tried the ticker thing a couple of times and it did not work, even though it showed me it as being successful. I just recently read something whne trying to figure it out daying you had to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts before you can get a ticker.I do not know if it is true but it would certianly seem so as I have tried a couple of times and it has not shown up on my posts even though it said it was successful when I made it

Hope everyone has a great day tmr. I am committed to being perfect on the plan so I can see how my first week looks. I weigh in Fri morning and am very excited ))
Old 11-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Well, hey...I do have the pancake mix...never thought of making into a cake...how do you do that? Great idea about using that as a breading...(my soychips are still sitting inthe blender).

I have never heard of eating within a half hour after you get up. That would be impossible for me....The whole thought of eating when I get up is awful...I usually wait 2 hours before I eat...but I do drink 16oz of water...as soon as I get up (my son says that it revs up your metabolism...).

I kinda take my doctors advice AND advice on this forum. For instance, I was told I couldn't have Crystal Light cuz aspartane slows down weight loss. I was having such a hard time getting in the water that they finally told me I could have 16oz of Crystal Light a day (maybe because of all my whining...).

As far as restricted veggies....I like 2 cherry tomatoes on my salad. I cut them up in small pieces....so I figure 2 tomatoes X 7 days...is probably my 2 cup limit. One has to do what one has to do.....I like SOME veggies...naturally, they are off the plan (corn....avacadoes....peas). Other than that...yuk. I usually order salads when I go out and pick around what I cannot have.

There IS conflicting advice on here, but I agree that most of the coaches, drs., etc., are suppliers. I think having all the different "ways" on this forum are enlightening.

I believe you do have to be on the forum 20 days before you can add a ticker....at least, I had to wait 20 days.

Saraj -- I have been very tired since starting IP. It seems I always need a short nap in the afternoon....altho I do have longer "staying power" at night. Have been a nightowl for years (probably cuz I worked the 12am-8am shift as a police dispatcher). Also, I still don't have things "moving right" -- and I think that wears me out.

I think we are all doing so well....it is fun to see everyones weigh-ins. I think I even know the actual DAY some of you will weigh in (ok...maybe I need a life).
Closed Thread