General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 155/152/125

Height: 5'4"

Hope you feel better today, AmethystJean!
Violette_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #92  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

AmethystJean - Hope you are feeling better!

I haven't seen any weight loss in quite a while, which has been rather frustrating. I'm interested to see how things go this week now that I've been back in my fasting routine for a solid two weeks now plus I've just added Couch to 5K. If no loss this week, then it might be time to change things up a bit. I did go (mostly) alcohol-free this weekend and noticed a significant decrease in my usual weekend weight, so that's a start.

On that note, today is a fast day! Drinking my coffee now and then nothing until dinner.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:16 PM   #93  

I've just started a protocol that's basically cheat day on Sunday, total fast on Monday, Warrior Diet on Tuesday/Friday and Lean Gains on Wednesday/Thursday/Saturday. I won't lie, I chose this because of the cheat day.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey guys, I'm going to jump in here for input! I've had a lot of success on Fast 5 in the past, several times. However, this time around, I'm struggling. I was losing slowly but steadily about 1lb per week. I have an average calorie deficit of 500 calories/day, I eat anywhere from 1100 to 2100 calories a day and I drink about 1.5 liters of water every day. Some days I eat A LOT more than others, but the overall weekly average deficit is about 3500. Now i haven't lost in over 2 weeks and this week I've actually GAINED 2 lbs, and TOM is not due for a couple weeks so that's not a factor.... what could be my issue? No inches lost either.

My exercise consists of walking only, so I'm not building any significant muscle mass. I still have AT LEAST 20 lbs to go, and could safely lose more so I'm not reaching the stubborn last 10 lbs or anything like that.
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:54 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 282/257/when it feels right

Hi Everyone,
I am currently doing a form of IE. I fast all day and usually eat once I get home from work. I don't have set time frame or anything like that. So dinner could be at 6:30, 7:00 or 8:00 it just depends if I have I have to cook and how long it takes.

During the day I drink water & sometimes tea. I found that this method works best for me I am not hungry at all. In the past I tried eating throughout the day and found that as soon as I ate I was hungry for more.

I do not count calories, I just focus on portion control. I try to make this as simple as possible and so far so good. I love it!
K-boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #96  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

I'm back on track and at a new low of 129! whoo hoo!
One fast day of 91, one of 404. I actually ate on that last day I posted. Tomorrow might be higher cal but I'm going to try to avoid the brownie at the coffee shop that might tempt me! Even if I'm not fasting, I have to eat clean or I will gain.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:46 AM   #97  
No excuses

Make that 128.4

Last edited by AmethystJean; 02-11-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #98  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

tonimaroni2 - Welcome! To be honest, until I go at least a month without a loss, I try try try to not make any significant changes to my diet/exercise routine. It's tough mentally, but the reality is that while weight loss seems like a science (calories in, calories out, deficit, yada yada yada), the body doesn't care and sometimes it gets stuck for reasons we can't figure out. I'd give it a little longer before making any changes. However, it may benefit you to journal your food in case you've been unknowingly changing something. Good luck and keep us posted!

K-boogie - Welcome to you too! Sounds like a great plan. How's it been working for you so far?

Yesterday was fat 2 of 3 for the week. I had to do a back to back this week, but I'd really like to avoid that in the future. I find I don't lose quite as much when I do that. Looking forward to eating normally today and going for a run tonight after fueling up I don't mind a fasted workout, but I can't work out the second day of a back-to-back! Thursday will be fast #3. I'm going to try to limit the alcohol again this weekend as that seems to have helped a lot.

Starting Week 2 of Couch to 5K tonight! My new running shoes should be delivered today, just in time. Oh, and I'm at the lowest weight I've been in a month, and ALMOST at my all-time-low. Finally feel like I'm making progress after a crummy start to the new year.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:19 AM   #99  

Am I the only one who loves having fewer dishes to wash and lunches to pack in addition to losing weight?
Old 02-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Yay Noname! So exciting! Great job!

Violette! HA! I agree! Though I still have to make meals for the kiddos :/

Welcome to the new ladies. I found that at the beginning I had a hard time losing, but all of a sudden things started really moving.

Fast day yesterday was successful for me. Looking forward to eating normal today as well Though this week I'm doing 16:8 in conjuction with. I will be fasting again on Thursday. I like the Tue and Thur routine.

Have a great week ladies! Will check in later
nayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
but the reality is that while weight loss seems like a science (calories in, calories out, deficit, yada yada yada), the body doesn't care
#TRUTH

P.S. I could really do without the Baskin Robbins cake ad that's currently on the side of my computer. :/
Old 02-11-2015, 02:27 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Noname- thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. Good luck with C25K. I completed it about a year ago and felt amazing about!
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #103  
No excuses

Violette, YES I love not having piles of dishes (but I love to cook so that's what I do when I eat, even if it is just me).

Normal day yesterday and still had a whoosh of 2lbs this morning. I've lost 10 lbs overall since Nov (but not really, that gives a poor perspective as I gained most of it back a couple times, and most of that loss has been in the last week or so)
Old 02-13-2015, 09:20 AM   #104  
No excuses

I ate a really high day yesterday, but it's not so much the calories but what I ate (sugar and fat) that has made me go up 2 lbs today. Fasting, so we'll see if we can get that back down.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:13 AM   #105  

I'm going to try my first fasted strength workout tonight. I'm highly skeptical, but lots of people swear it's both doable and highly advantageous. I'll never know if I don't try.