General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:48 PM   #76  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Fast day 344 cals spread over the day
B - apple
ran around for the afternoon
D - salad with chickpeas and italian herb dressing
carrots
S - celery and hummus 1 piece

Tomorrow I eat normally, although I kind of want to continue fasting. It is giving my digestion a rest as it heals. Although I am going out for dinner tomorrow. Indian food. Can't wait. And I know I deserve it as I have been doing well on plan (not eating trigger and allergy foods, sugar) and I know the food at this particular restaurant doesn't hurt my stomach which is a godsend.

Last edited by AmethystJean; 01-30-2015 at 09:51 PM.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #77  
No excuses

Ate an apple and pecans for breakfast yesterday.
Got stood up for my dinner though and consoled myself by shopping, eating and going to the movies and eating popcorn. Still came in at 1200 or so cals and weight stayed the same today.

Fasting today. Had a huge delicious lunch for on 244 cals. Gotta love greens!
Swiss chard with apples and raisins from fat free vegan
Swiss chard wrap with hummus and veggies
I honestly could have eaten either but I was already getting cooking when I made the wrap to see what it would taste like on chard and then I had to taste test my new recipe (plus I'm not sure how reheated greens will be, possibly too "dark" for my tastes).
Old 02-01-2015, 08:58 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

The thing I like about IF is for me the 16/8 is a way of eating I can see myself doing the rest of my life. It has been getting easier with each day. Once I got a rhythm of eating on my schedule I just eat a lunch, snack like an apple and dinner and I'm done til lunch the next day. Weekdays often do a low a cal frozen meal since I have a halfhour lunch where weekends I eat a little higher calories. I have water during the 16 hours. At first I felt hungry a lot. I also have added vitamin d since it helps with weight loss. Look it up. Down 4 lbs but the exciting part is I don't look at it as I follow a diet and I'm done. This is a way of eating that I don't think I will get tired of doing.
healthygoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:05 PM   #79  
No excuses

Ok so I ended up overeating for a fast. 798 cal so i'll fast tomorrow
Old 02-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #80  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys, how's everyone doing?

I'm having a hard time getting back to losing weight. I think a large part of it is inactivity, but I also haven't been keeping a watchful eye on my calories on fast days and I've been going a bit crazy on weekends. I'm going to try counting my calories on MyFitnessPal during the week to get me back on track and am going to have an alcohol-free weekend. Here's hoping that gives me the push in the behind I need!

As far as my fasts, I fasted yesterday (and failed to measure or even estimate my calories, just guess!) and will fast again Wednesday and Thursday. I would love to get back to only doing two fasts a week, but I don't think I'm at that point yet. I think it's time to start using the food scale again...
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 155/152/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi. I joined this forum today for the Beck Diet Solution thread but I'm glad to see there's one for IF as well. I was analyzing recent weight loss efforts last week and found that it's REALLY difficult to eat at caloric deficit level for days on end, but not difficult for me to fast for up to 36 hours. So that's my new plan. I'm doing the Every Other Day Diet this week and starting Sunday I'm going to be experimenting with other protocols like Warrior Diet and Lean Gains. So thanks for having this thread.

Last edited by Violette_R; 02-05-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Violette_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #82  
Call me NNS!

Violette, welcome! Looking forward to hearing your experience with EODD. I've heard a little about Lean Gains (I'm certainly not there yet), but it's something I'm looking into for down the line when I'm ready to really build muscle. Please, keep us posted.

Yesterday was fast 2 of 3 for the week for me! I changed my plans and will do my 3rd fast on Friday instead of today since my bf will be away. I think my body is finally getting used to it again. It has been a difficult few months, but maybe February I will finally be back into the swing of things. I would really like to log a true loss for the first time since November!

Since I'm not fasting today, I'm going to start Day 1 of Couch to 5K. I'm nervous! I do not have a very good history with running, but I love HIIT, and from the looks of it C25K is basically an HIIT program to slowly get you used to running long distances.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:17 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Wow It took me a while to get back! SO SORRY! January was just insane for me. I was gone 3 weeks out of 4 for work engagements. My eating has been all over the place So here I go again. This month I have no planned engagements... so let's go!

I hurt my hamstring first week of January and it's still giving me a hard time. I started running finally last week and officially did 3 miles since on Tuesday. It felt good but it's still giving me a bit of a hard time.

I started with 5:2 this week. Did my first fast on Tuesday and doing my second one today. I will combine with 16:8 like last time for the most part. I say for the most part simply because sometimes on Sundays we like to have breakfast out.

Today is going well so far. Did my run, had my coffee with a bit of almond milk and making ground turkey tacos for dinner.

Can't wait to catch up!!
nayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:07 PM   #84  

Noname! I LOVE the C25K Program! That's how I started running last summer and now I can run up to 4 miles. I never thought of myself as a runner, but now I totally love it. Just stick with it, I promise it DOES work! I'm living proof of it Week 5 will be the hardest IMO... once you're over that hump? You're GOOD to go! Good luck
Old 02-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #85  
Call me NNS!

Nayla, it's good to see you back! I don't think January was very good for anyone I hope this month is better, for both of us!!!

I'm glad you liked Couch to 5K. I think I am just worried that my feet will rebel and cause problems. But might as well try first, right?
Old 02-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #86  
No excuses

Calories have been going up. 4 days without fasting. Time for one. Problem is I didn't schedule them. I just keep thinking I'm going to and then get hungry or stress eat and it doesn't happen
Old 02-05-2015, 10:32 PM   #87  

Didn't stick to 500 but definitely under 1000. I was hungry for whatever reason. Probably because I ran this morning?
Old 02-06-2015, 08:51 AM   #88  
Call me NNS!

AmethystJean I hope you can get back on track. Today is a new day. Set your schedule for the next week!!

nayla Getting back into fasting is really hard...It took me about 3 fasts after the holidays to get back on track. I'd say that's a good start.

I completed Day 1 of C25K yesterday and holy cow. The first 15 minutes SUCKED. The last half was awesome! Today my shoulder is hurting a bit, not sure if it's from that or sleeping weird. I think I'll save Day 2 for Saturday. I felt so awesome afterwards that I stayed at the gym and did strength, whereas usually after a half hour of cardio I'm just ready to go home. I was excited and energized!

Today is my last fast of the week. Bf is hanging out with a friend tonight so for a Friday, this should be easy. I might pick up a movie and just veg on the couch. Going to leave room in my calories for some homemade popcorn.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 155/152/125

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday I attempted to "fat fast" - 1000 calories of mostly fat. This did not work. In fact, I went on a pretty impressive binge. This kind of sticks to my recent pattern of being able to stay under 200 calories, but not anywhere between 200 and 2200 (my estimated maintenance level.) So, near-total fast again today. Except I forgot to bring my kombucha to work - I allow myself one bottle of commercial kombucha on fast days. I had to stop at the drugstore for sinus meds so I picked up some chicken broth. That should probably get me through.
Violette_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:40 PM   #90  
No excuses

Even if I hadn't planned to fast today, I am kind of on a forced fast as I am sick and can't even think about eating. My throat is killing me. I am having a smoothie but it's almost dinner time and this the first thing I've had today (and the first I've gotten out of bed). I think it will be tea and water the rest of the night.