General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 230/194.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday, ladies! I had 2 successful fast days this week with less than 500 calories. I'm trying to figure out what will work best each week. With my schedule, the easiest days for me to fast are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. However, I'm not sure about doing Wed/Thurs back to back. I might try to do Monday, Wed or Thurs., and Saturday. But, I'm sure doing a fast day on a weekend may have its own difficulties. Hmmm.....

It sounds like everyone is doing wonderful. I can't wait to get into the 180s....4.5 lbs. to go to get there!
Madison81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #47  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Whoot! NNS is in the 170's!!! Party @ the Celery Bar!! I'll order us up a glass of water on the rocks....FREE umbrellas in our drinks for everyone!!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:55 AM   #48  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

thanks noname,,,,,I'm trying to follow you down
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello all, I think I am finally ready to get back on track. It's has been months and several lbs since I have been on plan. This time I plan to do 5:2 and CAD on the other days. I had my first fast day yesterday but plan to do them on Monday and Wednesday each week. I miss the control I felt over my life and how lite I felt. So, here I go again with every intention to succeed. Good luck all!
ShaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:15 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 203/132/125

Height: 5 ft. 2 in.

Hi! I IF. Usually through dinner, on days I've had a (healthy) restaurant lunch. It's worked exceedingly well for me for 2 years, and I'm 63!!
Sunny Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #51  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Welcome Back ShaMac...good to have people sharing!

Sunny Coconut you are just what I needed today! Thank you....feeling the blahs and sorry for myself for some reason.

I've got sunshine in my heart again. Whoot!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:12 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 203/132/125

Height: 5 ft. 2 in.

Aww, my pleasure!! IF works better if you aren't eating any grains or sugars. On a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet, hunger and food cravings are virtually nonexistent.
Sunny Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:02 AM   #53  

16:8 today. Is it okay to use different types of IF?
I'm trying to do 3 fasts per week (under 500) and my other days as just healthy eating days. But, on some of those, I'm trying to do 16:8. I'm new to IF and just trying to find what works best for me.

I hope all of you are having a great weekend....and successful IF
Old 01-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #54  
Started 4th of July

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Coconut View Post
Aww, my pleasure!! IF works better if you aren't eating any grains or sugars. On a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet, hunger and food cravings are virtually nonexistent.
ok, I needed this!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #55  
Started 4th of July

Hi Madison,
I believe all IF works at different speeds....But it's better when you get messed up to just jump on board of any one of them to get refocused.

I think I need to stay lower carb personally for the cravings not to kick in to hard. But not radical LowCarb
Old 01-12-2015, 10:46 PM   #56  

Thanks FinallyThis!

I had a fast day today (under 500) and it went pretty well. Tomorrow will be one of my regular days (1200-1400). I try to stick around 1200 but I need to keep track of my calories better on those days. I am always eager to see if the scale is nice to me the morning after a fast day.

I hope everyone is doing well....for a Monday, anyway

Oh, question: Do any of you notice on fast days that you have a little more difficulty thinking clearly? Part of my profession is (well, most of it is) talking to people, and today I noticed that I just had more difficulty putting my words together. Ugh!
Old 01-13-2015, 05:53 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Hello all! Yesterday was a fast day for me and it went really well. However, I am looking forward to eating lunch today. I was doing really well with not thinking of food until my coworkers started heating their lunches up. After the aroma went away I was back on track.

Madison, My profession is also talking to people and making many decisions. I didn't notice any trouble thinking. My only problem was not wanting to work, lol, nothing unusual about that though. I will pay more attention to that on Wednesday.
ShaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:00 PM   #58  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Hey all. Back from an unexpected few days away...Ended up not being able to fast Monday, so fasting today. I don't think I will be able to fast Wednesday or Thursday so I guess Friday it is. I was hoping for three fasts but oh well!

I read this article yesterday and thought it was SO interesting. The title is a bit sensationalist, but the general gist is that calories from foods that are raw and unprocessed are not entirely absorbed into the body, whereas most of the calories from foods that are highly processed and cooked are absorbed into the body. And, it's difficult to reflect that on food labels.

I knew a little about this but never had it explained so clearly. I love how they talk about why it is important that humans learned how to cook food and that it optimized the amount of calories they could absorb, but obviously people who are looking to lose weight may benefit from knowing that raw, unprocessed or even cold foods could provide the key to consuming fewer calories while still eating the same volume of food.

It's definitely something I will be thinking about as I plan my meals this week.

Last edited by nonameslob; 01-13-2015 at 02:01 PM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:49 PM   #59  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

NNS it is an alkaline-acid based approach, high in raw veggies, although I do eat more cooked veggies than required (it should be part of the 20% cooked food and non-vegetables), you're right it would be hard to be all raw through the winter. So I just try to make veggies the star. Gluten free vegan, sugar free, coffee free. I need to through my fasts back in though because I'm stuck here at 133.

edit, whoa seeing your last post about raw foods....

Last edited by AmethystJean; 01-13-2015 at 05:50 PM.
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:54 PM   #60  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Madison, asking if it's good to do 3 fasts and 16:8 together is virtually asking if 4,5,6,7 fasts are good. Those are two different fasts, but they are both fasts. I know you want results, but it will be easier to stick to if you pick one or the other. 3 fast days is already a tough order. That said, I do 500 cal fasts but sometimes combine it with an eating window to make that easier to achieve (other times i can really spread the calories out). The rest of the time eat normally and healthily with the occasional indulgence
AmethystJean is offline   Reply With Quote