General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-08-2003, 04:07 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Idealperson...I tend to find that same thing happens to me...if I make a whole batch of low fat bran muffins, or sugar free pie, or what have you...it really does me more harm than good sometimes, because I end up eating most of it...so I tend to go along the lines of buying little single serve types of thingies...like the sugar free fudgesicles, etc...I still bake low fat things, but usually only when I am taking them to a family gathering-so I can have a serving, but other people will be there eating it as well.
Why don't you take the rest of that cake, and get out some frustration on it? I do not mean eat the rest of it...go outside, grab fistfuls of it, and throw it at a tree or tin can...or feed it to the neighborhood stray cats or dogs...my mom was here Monday and brought the kids those little coconut crunch gems donuts...they each had one left over on their plates from their little packs, and I IMMEDIATELY threw them into the trash! My mom looked at me funny-and I told her they were my absolute favorite! She laughed-because she knew exactly why I did that! I actually felt better after making that little POWER move! I showed those donuts who was boss around here-and it felt great to WIN.
I called the florist today and had my mother and stepmother some flowers sent-for Mother's Day a few days early. I sent my mom 6 pink long stemmed roses in a vase-my daughter's favorite color-and my stepmother 6 long stemmed yellow roses in a vase-my stepmother's favorite color.
We bought my mother-in-law a practical gift...which is what she likes. We have a dinner this Saturday at my dad's for my father's side of the family...I will have to see if I can find out what they are having to eat, and plan something "non-fattening" to bring...
Well, best get going! I just worked out, and I need to shower!
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:41 PM   #182  

I am new here and follow the exchange system. I have just committed to getting back on track to lose the rest of my excess pounds. I am looking to meet others who are doing the same.
gottaloseit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:17 AM   #183  

Hi gottaloseit! Great to have you here! Just read back a few pages and get to Know us all a bit, and jump on in the conversation anytime!
Aphil
Old 05-09-2003, 04:03 PM   #184  

Happy Friday (finally)! Well, Aphil, I did take out some of my frustrations out on that cheesecake...I sat down and ate it! I used up 15 points on it, but at least it's gone. I still stayed within my range and have vowed to eat better today. I had such guilt and diaherea afterwards. Let this be a lesson to everyone:even though it is low fat, you do not need to have three pieces in one sitting! Today I have had yogurt and bran for breakfast, a large salad for lunch, an apple for a snack, and I will have some chicken and veggies for supper. Have a happy mother's day to all the great women out there... be good to yourselves, see you next Wednesday-I am off to Utah!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:13 PM   #185  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Have a safe trip...Ideal. Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Welcome to the thread Gotta!

Just getting home but I am on my way to make a baked chicken salad. I have the munchies. Talk to you all later.

Hugs & Smiles, Kina
Kina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 05:10 AM   #186  

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.

Welcome gottaloseit.

Welcome back VermontMom. Wow, you look great.

Silence and Willbe, I'm in the same boat. Lately, my good eating habits and work outs have been sporadic. I wanna do better, but can't seem to stay motivated. I'm pulling for you two!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Missy
missymont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 12:18 PM   #187  
One day at a time

Welcome home Vermont! Glad to hear you had a great and safe trip. We've missed you.

Welcome Gottaloseit. Cool name!

Sorry for not posting more this week. Things are really busy with our move coming up. It's looming closer, things for the new house continue needing to be picked (carpeting and blinds on Monday)and packing, packing, packing. I've also not been good in the eating area, so I don't feel like posting when I don't have something positive. I know thats not right and I should post anyway, so here I am. One positive though, I haven't gained any of my 4 pounds back. I'm still getting in my exercise as well.

This is a very busy weekend. I'm off to a quilt show this morning, then a manicure this afternoon (gift from my friends), dh and dks are taking me for dinner tonight as tomorrow we have our MOM functions, so tonights just for us.

Anyway, gotta run. Have a great Mother's Day everyone!
willbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 11:08 PM   #188  

Hi everyone!
Holly-love, love, LOVE the new avatar!!!!!!!
Today we went to my dad's for a large gathering...I really lucked out-my dad is a "country cook" with tons of wild game meat like wild turkey, rabbit...you name it-and tons of heavy side dishes and desserts. My stepmother made a fruit salad with no added sugar or anything-it was just pineapple, grapes, kiwi, and banana moistened with pineapple juice-so I had some of that, and some green beans. I was glad to have the strength to resist the fattening foods, and thankful to actually have something there that I could eat without guilt. We have a Mother's Day lunch tomorrow with Jason's family as well, so hopefully I can do just as well as I did today!
I finished the last of the costume skirts last night...so all of the skirts and sashes are finished-and I only have 3 tops left to do before the show in two weeks. It is getting down to the wire now...wish me luck in getting them done promptly and with no major sewing crisis!
Aphil
Old 05-11-2003, 12:27 AM   #189  
One day at a time

Aphil: Sounds like you did really well on that dinner at your folks. Only fruit salad and green beans??? I don't think I could ever do that. I'd have to have at least some of the meat. Way to go. Good luck getting those costumes done. It sounds like you are well on your way and should have no trouble.

Holly: I didn't even notice your new avtar when you posted. That is quite something. Is that you ?

I've had a really nice day today. I went to a quilt show this morning. There were some absolutely awesome quilts there and some ho hum ones as well. It was inspiring! Several months ago my quilting girlfriends gave me a gift certificate for a manicure. I had taken them up to our condo in Whistler for a weekend, and this was their thank you. I had that manicure done this afternoon. Have any of you ever had one? After filing my nails and fixing up my cuticles, the manicurist massaged my hands and arms, then did a paraffin wax (you dip your hands is warm paraffin) which made my hands so fabulously soft (shined up my wedding ring too), then I had a french manicure done on my nails. OOOOOh it looks so nice! I hope I can make it last a while.
This evening my boys took me out for dinner to the local steakhouse. Yum! What a treat!

Tomorrow we have lunch at a friends and then dinner with the inlaws. I will be careful what I eat, but I don't think I'll have just fruit and veggies . I don't have Aphil's will power.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone.
willbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 09:07 AM   #190  
Starting Over Again!

S/C/G: 185/119/125

Height: 5'4"

Happy Mother's Day!!!

To all the3FC Moms-- hope everyone has a great Mother's Day!!! Enjoy yourselves -- you deserve it!!!
GeorgiaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 11:44 AM   #191  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Mother's Day, to all us wonderful mothers!

Aphil, you are so talented with making all those costumes and accessories. AND your will-power is an inspiration. It just shows how possible it is, to still go to picnics and dinners and get-togethers, and not use that as an excuse to lose control. One can still have a good time at a get-to-gether, enjoy some sensible food and go home with no regrets or self-denial feelings. Thank you for the avatar compliment!

Hi willbe! Yes, that is really me. My husband has a state-of-the-art digital camera, and LOVES that bad me likes to pose for rather revealing pictures. His own bad biker babe, haha. I am especially proud that is is not Photo-shopped edited in any way; no digital cosmetic work was done. My arms are at an angle that is most flattering; if I had them straight out, there would still be the hangy stuff that I'm working on, but I am extremely happy with my muscles

No, I've never had a manicure; is it worth is, even if one has short, easily-breakable and chippy nails? Sounds wonderful and luxurious to have it done...what a nice gift from your friends.

tryin'hard - CONGRATS on your one year anniversary!!! You are also an inspiration; you lost so much and HAVE KEPT IT OFF!!!

Kanola, congrats to you for your continued success in shedding!! I loved that sentence a few pages back...something like "my new smaller sized pants are too loose already"- fantastic!!! Sounds like you have an exercise/eating program that is just perfect for you. You tweaked it just right! and I just hit 10,000 miles on my bike - not bad for about 6 months of riding, eh?

Silence - your motivation will come! Just keep in contact with us. That spark will ignite, and the rest will come.

GeorgiaLady, that is so great about the pool. That would add some stress about more decisons and cost, but think ahead to a few months, when you can be enjoying that beautiful, cool blue water, lookin' fine in your swimsuit. Oh, and congrats!! on getting off the BP medicine!!!

hi jacklyn - how are you doing?

idealperson - yup, if I make a batch of something that's lowfat, I just end up eating it all so if I really want something sweet, I grit my teeth at the relatively exhorbitive cost (compared to home baking) and just buy a single serving for myself, or 4 single servings for family. I have a sharp paring knife that I can cut a small doughnut into like 8 pieces

Hi Kina! How is the job-hunting going? You must be looking for something part-time, because of your studies/family?...

Hello missymont, thanks for the welcome back. Did you get hit by that recent spring snow?

welcome to doni, and gottaloseit! I hope you find the ladies here as inspiring and helpful and friendly as I have had the good fortune to!! uh-oh, ended that sentence in a preposition, didn't I?

Hello to Nancy, on her vacation with family/friends! We miss you, Snowey!!! but are happy you're having a wonderful time.

Hope I haven't missed anyone! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Your friend,
Holly

(still working on my trip's slide show - will let you know when it's done!)
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 09:31 PM   #192  

Hi everyone!
Yes-I did just have the fruits and veggies at the family gathering, but I had some leaner protein once I got home from the dinner. All of the meats were fried, etc. so I didn't partake. I just looked at it likeit wasn't a big deal, saying "I am here to socialize, not to eat-I'll have some fruit and veggies, and I can have some leaner prepared meat to balance that out when I get home."
Today we went to the lake and fixed up our deck that is in front of our camper-my mother in law fixed hamburgers on the grill and had 3 sacks of chips and a bunch of other junk there. I came prepared with a mini baggie of dried apricots, and I brought my own lunch. I received a few comments from my soon to be brother in law and my mother in law...but I just ignore them. I am getting fitter and smaller, and they are all staying the same or slowly growing, so I know I am doing right. Just because they choose to eat fatty meats and chips and cookies all day doesn't mean I should. I have to be in control of ME.
Well, I need to get Raiden into bed now-everyone have a great day!
Aphil
ps-I have done many, many manicures in the salon. They are great even if you have brittle nails, because they neaten up your cuticles, moisturize your hands, and the massage is great. If you ever want a cheap one, check to see if your city has a nearby beauty school...there are lots of "beauticians in training" that need to give so many manicures before they can get their license-since they are beginners, the price is usually pretty cheap, so you will be getting a great little treat and helping someone out at the same time.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:58 AM   #193  

Hi everybody! just a quick note. I have been currently out of commision lately. I have been as sick as a dog, so I have not been to the gym in over a week. I don't know if it is the flu or what. I do know that I have not been able to get out of the bed in over a week which is crazy!! I check back in when I am back in action. I may be going to the doctor today so hopefully I can get to feeling somewhat better. Hope everyone is doing well!

Nola~ this has set me back but I definitely plan to get back to the BFL plan ASAP!! I'm glad you are doing so well!!
jacklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 11:18 AM   #194  

Good morning everyone!
I am taking a break from sewing one of the tops that needs to be done by tomorrow afternoon. I am having a little trouble with my machine right now-so I thought I would stop and chat a bit instead of taking a sledgehammer to it. I have rethreaded the thing 3 times now, and something is up with it, the threads keep breaking...and a serger is not a fun machine to thread-you have 4 sets of thread going everywhich way, winding through the entire machine! I don't know-maybe it will decide to behave when I go back to it in a little bit.
My weigh in is still the same this morning-but after 2 family dinners this week, I am just glad that it didn't go up any! I am determined for it to go down this next weigh-in. It has plateaued for long enough!
I plan on upping my weights today for my biceps and triceps...maybe that will help do the trick. I still need to stay at the same weight for my shoulders and back though-they tend to be slow to "move up."
jacklyn-so sorry to hear that you are sick! I hope you are feeling better VERY soon!
Well everyone, have a fabulous day, and let us all know how you are doing.
Aphil
ps-I forgot to mention...pedicures are even better than manicures! The foot massage feels AWESOME.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:37 PM   #195  
Starting Over Again!

S/C/G: 185/119/125

Height: 5'4"

Feel better soon Jacklyn!!!
GeorgiaLady is offline   Reply With Quote