General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #166  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Yea - not too happy about eating the other 2 oz of my yogurt in the middle of the night.. I hate that. I dont care if its only 20 calories or not. That's not the point. I just hate that I do it. Gotta get my mind back set on no night snacking. Sometimes I wonder if its the sleeping aids. I do know that prescription ones can cause night snacking (in your sleep) but these aren't prescription. Well either way, I will have to fight fight fight and buckle down to tell myself NO! Maybe if I start closing my room door, I wont go out there. Ugh! ..and yes, I realize that it possibly could be from my calories being on the low side but I really dont think thats it. I just think that I carry a lot of things on my mind, so I dont get into a deep sleep... Add going to the bathrooom at least 3 times a night.... one of those times, I make a LEFT in to the kitchen, instead of going STRAIGHT back to bed. I will concentrate better tonight. I guess if I have to I will get more gum. This is crazy.

UP bright and early today. Going to go and make me a cup of peppermint tea... trying to lower my caffeine intake a little and I dont have any decaf here. So peppermint tea - it is! I plan to workout this evening, hopefully it will be a SUPER workout since I allowed myself 2 rest days. I almost went to the gym this morning, but I didnt want to have to rush my workout so I will go this afternoon.

I am really loving the zucchini/mushroom dish I made. I want to make a big pan of that. Its so low calorie and delish! Last night, I through it over some my mashed cauliflower and I was literally in heaven. I am definitely going to go buy some more of those ingredients today. Especially while the bagged zucchini is 1.00 this week. I have that today, along with my yogurt, 2 apples, and of course my oatmeal - so today's meals are set.

I will be back later to log.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #167  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Yes, this is the reason why I hate starting work early in the morning.. Eating early..

10am -
blackberries/ small apple/yogurt - 145
oatmeal & cottage cheese - 190
===============================
335... and still not full! What in the world!

BOTTOMLESS PIT!! I know what it is --NOT DRINKING COFFEE!!............Yea.. well that may change in a little bit. This is craziness.

Mashed cauliflower - 100
zuchini - 40
=================================
140... but this meal was ALOT.. That mashed cauliflower is the bomb!

apple & yogurt - 115

100 calorie popcorn
===================
690... seems unreal

I feel bloated today. Probably because I am wearing jeans and everytime I wear jeans, I feel like a stuffed sausage. I cant wait til I change my clothes and go workout. I feel like I ate a ton today..and guilty too. Strange.

I have to find a way to switch my workouts back to the morning hours. Hopefully switching to decaf completely will help rectify my sleep problems and I can start getting to bed earlier at least 3 days out of the week. I used to get up at the crack a$$ of dawn to workout and I didn't mind it at all. So I think I may need to start doing that again. I dont know. Sigh. I just have "off" days when I start work really early because it messes with my eating schedule and I hate it. I will figure out something and see what works for me.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-20-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #168  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Ya...coffee definitely helps! LOL @ bottomless pit! That was me the past few days...and I drank coffee!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #169  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Coffee most definitely helps! I so wish I enjoyed tea...but I just don't. I'm drinking it nevertheless to get me through...but soon... my coffee will be back! Since I have been doing so well with no caffeine, I will just stick with decaf coffee for a while. I am experimenting with my sleep patterns. I can say that my sleep has been a little better as far as actually FALLING asleep, so I'll keep going. I got some good ole' Dunkin Donuts decaf at home, so I'll just stick with that. Man! I just cant believe how much coffee really helps! Its about 12:00 now and I got through without stuffing more in my mouth so I'm ok now. hahah. I'll eat again before I hit the gym of course.... MMM>. I brought my mashed cauliflower and zucchini today.. Yummy!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #170  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

After 3, yes 3, rest days.. I will make it to the gym tonight. The headaches have been crazy this week. Maybe its the caffeine detox. I dunno. But my butt will be there today!

FRIDAY

Coffee - 30

1pm
Blackberries - 40
Yogurt - 90
================

GYM 4PM
1 hr elliptical
15 minutes bike.
5 minutes tread

Trader Joes chicken salad - 200 calories total

yogurt - 45

zucchini and mashed cauliflower - 120
======================================495

celery & pear champangne dressing

2 glasses of red wine... My tolerance is getting low because this was a bit too much.
Total calorie hoarder today. LOL>!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-22-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:36 PM   #171  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Dedikayted, are your headaches as bad today as they were the first day? It should start to get better soon if it's caffeine withdrawl.

The scale was down to 139.2 this morning. So happy!!! I really hope this means I'm done with the 140's for good!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #172  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
Dedikayted, are your headaches as bad today as they were the first day? It should start to get better soon if it's caffeine withdrawl.
Actually yep... the headache is MUCH better today. Just faint... So maybe it was the caffeine! Hopefully this will mean tomorrow = NO HEADACHE
I did just buy some decaf from Trader Joes so I can keep this up!!! And another thing I noticed was that I didnt have a "low" at work. I pretty much stay constant throughout the day.

Quote:
The scale was down to 139.2 this morning. So happy!!! I really hope this means I'm done with the 140's for good!
That's AWESOME!! I can NOT wait til I see the 130's!!! I dont know what I would do! OMGoodnesssss! Just thinking about it makes me
We just gotta keep it going!!!!! Have you been just calorie counting or have you stared OFS?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #173  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Oh YES your girl ran 4 miles this morning!! That’s right! Go ME. I used to run but just got out of the habit.. started doing more sprinting that long distance running.. But today… Yes yes… 4 miles. Ran the baby straight thru!!!!

Tomorrow is the official weigh day normally, but if I sneak n Saturday.. its fine.. I was still holding at last weeks weight 145.8-146.0..yea flickering.. So that’s cool, especially since I did have that party that I went to last Sunday and also had Ruby Tuesday’s salad bar the other night for dinner. I don’t know. I definitely just felt bloated this week. BUT, I have to say that yesterdays’s low calorie day probably helped stable me out as well. Regardless, I haven’t weighed all week and FELT like I was heavier, but I’m not! I’m really not! NOT TO MENTION 3, YES 3 REST DAYS AND MY WEIGHT IS STILL 145!!!!!!! YAAAY! So that has me super pumped because now that I am back in the gym, I feel like its time for another drop on the scale. I got a new mindset this morning when I weighed in..like a clean slate.. No more going up on the scale… Now I am only focusing on the BIG picture now. I. AM. ONLY. 5. POUNDS.AWAY FROM GETTING IN THE 130’S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT’S THE BIGGER PICTURES FOLKS! And I am going to do just that.. So from here on out, down, down, down, down. No parties or anything coming up so this is great. Yes, me and my sweetie still go out but I have been doing great with just ordering salad (and bringing my OWN dressing…like I did the other night at Ruby Tuesdays… OH.. I brought my own fat free cheese too!! LOL...yep.. believe it).

So anyway, back on my natural high.. feeling good.. This week coming up is going to be a wonderful week. I will keep pushing and reach January’s goal of being UNDER 145. I appreciate that I’m here but I need to see the LOW 145. Heck.. just forget the low 145 and give me 143!!!!!!

I am going to be good tonight and watch my night eating. I did make a deal with myself yesterday that if I did eat something at night, it had to be a negative calorie food = CELERY. Munch if you want. So to me, if I am TRULY hungry then I should not mind having the celery. If I don’t want it and would prefer something else.. .well guess what?? Its not real hunger anyway. Wait til the morning.

So there you have it.. from 146-200 pounds no longer exists to me.. Now, I am focused on what’s below. This will be easy. I am claiming it. Just continue to do what I know is right, stay the course even when the scale is not moving as fast as it should. Win the war.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #174  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

SATURDAY

GYM IN THE A.M
Elliptical - 30 minutes
Treadmill - 60 minutes
Walked for 10 and then 4 miles straight!!!! YAAY

EATS
6 egg whites and 2 smart beat fat free cheese - 100 Cals

DECAF Coffee - 60

1 extra small apple - 50
yogurt - 90
2 tbsp pb2 - 45
==========================
345 cals and counting....

1 small apple - 70
yogurt - 90
=========================

Will have my Country salad from Trader joes.. 100 calories
Dressing - 45

============================650 cals

Still got my headache. Popped 3 ibuprofens and have to keep it moving. Not as bad as the first day though. At least they aren't getting worse. Drinking tons of water..
Will be back to post more later.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-22-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #175  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

WOW...that's great..4 miles running AND 30 mins on the eliptical? You are making me feel old! LOL!

Ya..I need to cross train on eliptical, but it makes my feet go numb...hurts my feet too...so I know what you mean about that. I have to to keep alternating my weight and flexing my toes to keep my feet from tingling.

Sprinting is excellent...I MEAN EXCELLENT!!! Maybe changing up your style of work out is just what the doctor ordered!

Cheering you on!!!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #176  
Hopeful Member

Hey, Dedikayted - I have been calorie-counting. Started OFS today. I'm already craving sugar! I'd been having bits of it throughout the day - for example, Trader Joe's makes these cookies shaped like cats, and they're only 7 calories each. Actually now that I type that it sounds too low. I'd pack 7 of them for the day and whenever I felt a sugar craving, I'd eat one. I'd also have one or two small pieces of dark chocolate a day. And I'm really going to miss my wine tonight. I always have a glass or two on the weekends. I'm going to weigh in every day - not going to wait until the end.

Right now I'm trying to get motivated to go to the gym - it is SO cold outside! I could stay in bed all day!!
Old 01-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #177  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Hey, Dedikayted - I have been calorie-counting. Started OFS today. I'm already craving sugar! I'd been having bits of it throughout the day - for example, Trader Joe's makes these cookies shaped like cats, and they're only 7 calories each. Actually now that I type that it sounds too low. I'd pack 7 of them for the day and whenever I felt a sugar craving, I'd eat one. I'd also have one or two small pieces of dark chocolate a day. And I'm really going to miss my wine tonight. I always have a glass or two on the weekends. I'm going to weigh in every day - not going to wait until the end.

Right now I'm trying to get motivated to go to the gym - it is SO cold outside! I could stay in bed all day!!
NO wine? BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That is one of the things I liked about the Extreme plan... you get at least 2 glasses a week! Yes, do weigh every day so you dont start stressing out/feel like you aren't losing. Plus, if you dont see the weight coming off, you can always just change up. Its good to know ahead of time if you are taking in too much fruit etc. No need in waiting the 9 days to try and figure out what went wrong! Well keep pushing and get to the gym, woman! Just go and get it over with. That's what I did this morning and I am sooo glad that I did. I know I wouldnt feel like it tonight.. Yes... it is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEZING out there!

Day 1 almost down. 8 more to go!
Old 01-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #178  
Hopeful Member

I made myself go - just did 35 minutes on the elliptical, kind of pathetic, but even that was a struggle. I'm trying to do Spin Saturday mornings @ 8, but I had a 9AM appointmnet to get my hair cut and colored - hadn't been to the salon in 6 months!

I agree about tweaking if I see this isn't working. Last time I tried OFS to get through a plateau, I lost .2 lbs the whole 9 days! But my eating's been getting a little sloppier, so this will force me to eat clean.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #179  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
I made myself go - just did 35 minutes on the elliptical, kind of pathetic, but even that was a struggle. I'm trying to do Spin Saturday mornings @ 8, but I had a 9AM appointmnet to get my hair cut and colored - hadn't been to the salon in 6 months!

I agree about tweaking if I see this isn't working. Last time I tried OFS to get through a plateau, I lost .2 lbs the whole 9 days! But my eating's been getting a little sloppier, so this will force me to eat clean.

Hey, at least you got your workout in!! That's what matters! I remember your last go around and thats why I agree that if you weigh yourself daily or even every other day.. that would be great!

No worries! You WILL lose more than (.2) this time!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-23-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #180  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

My meals will be on the lines of OFS this week... well they pretty much are most of the time.. but I will be down to the basics because my mother and her friend want me to join this challenge with them. I'll have to list the details later, but basically I will have to live off of $30.00 worth of groceries for a whole week. I really don't feel like doing it, but my mom's friend is part of my weightloss challenge and he REALLY wants me to do this - so FINE. I guess I will. So I need to take 30.00 and go to the store tonight and figure out what I will eat this week.

Right now I am thinking:

oatmeal - 2.00
milk - 4.00
peaches - 3.00
apples - 3.00
yogurt - 3.00
salad mix - 2.00
eggs - 2.00
beans???--- I am not sure about this yet..
spinach - 2.00
bag veggies - 2.00
coffee - 2.70

I'll give updates later.

Have to get ready to get out of here and go to the gym.

I want to do between 60-90 minutes of cardio.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-23-2011 at 03:39 PM.