General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 AM   #16  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natamars View Post
Screwed up today. Ate planned big lunch, but then also ate a Milky Way, and felt full and sick. Then I came home from work, still feeling full and sick, and ate a chocolate coconut Kashi bar and some orange juice. Then, still felling gross, ate some cookie dough ice cream. OK, I'm done. Digesting a bit and then off to the gm. Tomorrow will be better.
Hey!! C'mon! Dust yourself off and let's get under 130 by your anniversary.. You still have time!!!! Keep it moving!!!!
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:26 AM   #17  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Wednesday, September 8

Cardio: 60 minutes

Meals

big ole bowls of mangoes
milk

shredded lettuce w/ 2 tb hummus and 5 veggie meatballs
lowfat soy dressing

3.apple

4.1/2 cup of oat bran

5. pretzels.

09/09 - Just finished updating my meals from yesterday.
I keep forgetting that even on Extreme Fat Smash you get 2 - 100 calorie snacks a day. I guess I am just not used to it.. So when I first ate the pretzels I was so sad.. And I didn't remember to this morning that it was ok! Thank God.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-09-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #18  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Jon Jon! I love you!

No cardio this morning.. Shoot. I slept in. I was really exhausted despite going to bed early (I think it was around 9pm).

Drinking a cup of coffee and chewing on some gum here because I dont have an appetite yet. I packed my gym clothes so that I can get some exercise in once I leave work. You know how I HATE working out i the evenings but it has to be done! I do want my 4 pounds off that the EXTREME plan promises.. So that means 150 should have been my goal for this week.

Hey,I still need to get a GOOD PLAN for not overeating on Saturday. I am excited to see my friends but I'm just being honest when I say I worry about the food way more than I should. I hate being the black sheep and always go against what everyone else is doing.. but it must be done. I haven't came up with anything else yet.. but I think that this is a fairly good plan.. to almost stuff myself with veggies/salad right before I get to his house. I have never tried this before. Usually when I have something to go to, I will eat very minimal amount of calories before I go so that I can allow for whatever I eat.. For instance, I would normally eat some eggwhites or maybe some dry tuna during the day and then that way I got protein in and very minimal calories.. this can work sometimes, but if you allow yourself to go into a carb/sugar frenzy -- that's when it gets out of control. So, I am thinking of doing something similar with my calories (not have a lot before I go) but definitely fill my stomach up with so that I am not salivating at all the stuff they have when I get there.

I think a decent plan would be:

maybe an eggwhite/spinach/stuffed veggie omelet for breastfast

nice ole' salad for lunch right before I get there!

I think that will work! I dont like feeling stuffed in the belly, so I think this will help my willpower/control when they are inhaling pizza and homemade chocolate covered marshmallows, chips, and whatever other sinful treats they will have.

I just dont want Monday to roll around and I am sitting at 154 still. No friggin way. I dont want to give back any pounds I have lost this week!!!

Ok. enough for now... I will be back with my meals and exercise for today
Old 09-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #19  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Thursday, September 9, 2010

MEALS

Start: 12PM

coffee

lettuce/beets/lowfat soy dressing...yum

GO RAW flax bar

1/2 cup dry oatbran

more shredded lettuce (because for some reason I love it with that miso dressing)

GO RAW flax bar

Cardio - 20 minutes plus some light weights

2 veggie patties

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-09-2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:09 PM   #20  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Friday - Weight - 154.2

Decide to do a low carb day

breakfast
low carb wrap.
2 low fat sausage patties

lean siroloin with brocolli and cauliflower

sf vanilla pudding with unsweetned coconut
Old 09-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #21  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Saturday - September 11 2010 Weight 151.2 :)

Ok. 1 more pound down for my 4-pound goal this week

Today is the party and I am kind of concerned about it. I had a low carb day yesterday becauswe sometimes I think I need to give my body a break from even the natural overload of sugar from fruit. Plus, after consideration, I thought it would be easiest to deal with the party today being low carb. The key is to deal with life as it comes. So I am going to pray that I just stay low carb today and will be rewarded by Monday with 150! Then that means I am back in my regular weight range - the 140's. So I am happy about that. I even have a low carb drink in mind that I am going to make so that I dont take in any sugary drinks there. I dont want to be anti-social. I just plan to accomodate myself and do what I have to do.

I will stay on track!

They are having pizza at the get together today. When you are low carb, the only thing you can have from a pizza joint is wings, salad, and pizza toppings. I will deal. But I still plan on not going to the party hungry. Let's see how this works out. I will keep thinking about what my post will be like tomorrow.

I owe this to myself! I just hate people who get offended when you dont at least try their food! grr!

Ok. Enough on that.

35 minutes of cardio this morning.

Breakfast.
eggs/sausage/bacon - 0 carbs
coffee - 1 carb
-
Old 09-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #22  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quick update on the party.. I stayed low carb the entire time. Thank God!! I kept thinking about what I had wrote on this page and how I didnt want to have to come back here and say that I cheated.

So..that's cool.

Uh... right now, continuing to lowcarb it out until I get to the store. My refrigerator needs to be stocked with food. I work best when I have my meals already cooked, measured, and sitting in containers..

Anyway, I plan to go to the grocery store tonight

We're still stuck in the 150's folks. I will keep pushing along.. My next goal is to see 149!!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #23  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

YAAAAY! I made it to the grocery store with re-upped on more fat smashable foods... I was in desperate need. I just boiled some lima/black beans. To take the guesswork out of my meal planning, I will go ahead and follow the extreme plan a little more closely by the book. The best time to do it is when you feel lazy and dont feel like thinking about what to cook....and I AM THERE! Whew! I am tired of thinking about what to eat next! So now is the perfect time to use my book a little more. I am glad I switched over to lower carb during the weekend to get thru the party. It worked really well, I was still sociable, not out of place and didn't overeat at all. So at least I know I can do that if I think that things may not go my way with the lowfat/fat smash lifestyle! The last thing you want to do if you are having a fairly high amount of carbs (as on Fatsmash) is to add something high in fat to your meal plan for the day. You will be sure to gain. It may be temporary, but you will gain.

Anyway, we're keeping it moving...

===================
Jogged 3.5 miles this morning outside! Trying to get up to 5 miles or jogging for 60 minutes... either way.

Plus, I need to stay with my P90x. Tomorrow morning will be P90x before work.

Back to plugging my meals in tomorrow.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-14-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #24  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Period :(

I"m not going to whine. I haven't had a period in months, so I just need to suck it up, deal with it and let it go. I could feel the pain last night.. sooo sore... and NOW....soooo bloated... Cramps... Great. Hopefully I wont torture myself and get on the scale.. because I already know I gain 5-7 pounds when I am on my period. BUT it does come back off. slowly.. Patience. Lets just try not to let the weight go over 156 pounds, please. Since I left off at 151....

Anyway, sore or not, I popped in my P90x workout and kicked butt for the whole plyometrics dvd which is 55 minutes long. Got in done and over with.

Meal 1
2 egg whites
1 small peach & 2 handfulls of grapes
( should have saved the grapes for meal 2)
No more fruit today.

Meal 2
12:15 --
My God.. I am starving..
veggie salad w/low fat soy dressing
(microwaved a bag of those steamable veggies and through it on some shredded lettuce)

SNACK 1
GO RAW BAR

SNACK 2
YOGURT

MEAL 3
2 cups spinach
1 cup beans

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-15-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:56 AM   #25  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default September 16 (.) Day 2 Of Efs

Work early. No exercise this a.m. But I did bring my clothes to get some in this evening.

Whew.... those daggone beans...... last night........wow!
The gas is back. I used my beano and everything. I think that the beans along with the soy dressing was probably just too much.

I am here early but my plans are to wait until I am hungry to eat breakfast. You know that I hate breaking my fast too early in the morning because then naturally I end up having more calories for the day.

I will log back in to update today's meals. Hopefully I will start posting calories too.

Meal 1
1 packet of low sugar oatmeal
coffee w/sugar free creamer

Snack
rice cake

Meal 2
I forgot my beans and my veggie burger. I have a big lunch bag but no food.. I hope I didn't leave it out on the counter at home. I did have my lettuce and I just rmembered that I have a smart one in the freezer here for emergency purposes here at work... so that will be lunch.

smart ones and lettuce w/lowfat dressing

Total Daily calories so far
576 calories 17.4 fat 86.4 carbs 20 protein

I have a 0% Greek yogurt and some fruit in the fridge for a snack so I should be fine with that. Gosh! I hope I didn't leave that food out on the counter this morning. But I have a feeling I did. Oh well

You know.. something that I dont care for on EFS... The serving sizes are so small you are never really satisfied..and that can get irritating if you are sitting at a desk watching minutes go by...waiting for your next meal. Who wants to think about food all the time? During my journey, I have to keep on finding what works for me... what is satisfying.. what is going to keep me "on plan" and not drive me crazy. I was just talking to one of my girlfriends and she was saying how she eats 5-6 times a day too but 3 of her meals are regular size.. they others are the small snacks just to get by to the next meal. But the bottom line is - she is not thinking about food all day long because her stomach is satisfied with her regular meals.

I just finished eating the smart one and my lettuce... and you know what? I She's right. I am not sitting here trying to compute what time my next meal will be because I actually feel pretty good. She asked me what I would have had if I didnt have the frozen entree and I told her my yogurt and a plum. As I said this I realized..and thats the exact reason you have to think about food all day long. My girlfriend is 30 pounds less than me, eats way more and is not starving herself all day to maintain her weight. Just has me thinking.

I really do want to get to the point where my calories are a lot higher...more in the normal range...somewhere around 1500 at least for my weight but instead...right now I try to keep close to 1000-1200. I know this isnt a lot but if you calculate the food in Fat smash extreme, that's what it comes out to. No onder you are supposed to lose 4 pounds a week! Don't forget that you also EXERCISE... and the exercise on plan is always around 60-90 minutes, so you are darn near buring all your food calories.

Anyway, I am just rambling, but before I end up in someone's eating disorder clinic, I better figure this out. I'm tired of all the fluctuating.

I do think that counting calories is good though. Its great to know where you are and how your body responds to certain calorie levels. So that's why, as I am following along EFS, I am trying my best to count calories as well. Believe me, the menus on EFS are great when you dont feel like planning what to cook, but after a while, it can get booorrrring. So establishing what works for you is really important. You dont want to lose the weight..and then just be "up in the air" because that's a sure way to probably gain your weight back easily

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 09-16-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:55 AM   #26  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Crisis Situation.

Seriously. How in the world do you balance out trying to diet and have a social life? I know it can be done, but its mind boggling to me right now.

My friend is back and he sends me a beautiful message this morning that he's trying to decide where he's taking me tonight. Don't get me wrong.. I love that someone is in my life now, and I am not just sitting at home.. But let me tell you --- IT WAS MUCH EASIER when I was not dating!!! It may have been a boring life, but it was DIET FRIENDLY!

He is not forcing food on me or anything its just that with the "low fat / fat smash" style eating, its kind of hard to stay on plan when you go out to eat! ...unless you just get salad everytime I guess. Gosh, I want to scream. I have to be able to balance him in and not get stressed like this. I dont want to be the crazy diet-chick but dayuuummmmm!

This reminds me of a conversation that my ex and I had recently. This was an ex from high school... Anyway, he brought up how crazy I was EVEN BACK THEN about food/calories/etc. I had to laugh because ..oh my goodness.. nothing has changed! I am just as crazy now as I used to be.

I have to figure this out. I have my friend on low carb because I believe in low carb, loss the majority of my weight with it, and I know it will work for him. He's been doing great... and losing.. so he is happy. Plus, I knew that it would be easy for him when we go out to eat because he can always order a big juicy steak (which he loves) and a vegetable and be fine.

But since I am trying to do low fat.. its scary when I go out because there is always going to be some fat in food.. heck! Even if I order a veggie burger - come on.. its still going to be fattening.

So ...........WHAT THE H E L L is a girl to do? The only thing I know to do when doing the lowfat thing is to try to have very LITTLE calories during the day... and then pick the lowest calorie thing I can get my hands on when we go out..and then my total calories for the day stays somewhat in check.

-or-

Do I switch to low carb and just do that with him? The thing with low carb is -- yes, I lost about 45-50 pounds on it.. (thanks) but then I got stuck for a long time in the 150's... That's when I changed to Fat Smash and finally made the scale move and crept in the 140's. So, all I am saying is -- if I do low carb -- is that going to get me in the 140's?!!??

Decisions, decisions.

Life was a lot easier when I had no one.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 PM   #27  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I decided to dust off the old journal and start tracking again. Life has been soooo different (but in a good way) this year. I am still dating the same great guy that started seeing in May so things are going pretty well. I also have been pretty much maintaining the low 150's for a while now. I actually havent weighed myself in a while because I was trying to slow down weighing daily because I started getting depressed about it.

Yesterday I had a talk with my friend and I told him that I needed us to cut back on eating out for a while. Though I have been doing ok choosing healthy choices when we go out, I just really want to go on a strict plan (like I used to do) for at least a month.. I have been doing very good at not making him think that I am in the diet maniac... but to be honest.. I am! We are going away in December, and I meet his parents for Thanksgiving so I really would like to get a few pounds off. 10 pounds is not a big difference to some people but when you are closer to your goal weight, each pound makes a difference.

I feel sooo much better that I talked to him yeserday because I was driving myself crazy trying to be "free" and just eat healthy. I never stopped working out this whole time. That is probably what keeps me sane and not gaining, but to be honest - I am a lot happier when my weight is lower than it is right now. I dont need to get on the scale, its the love of the "lean" feeling that I get when I am in the low 140's. Like I said, it may be just a matter of 10-15 pounds, but I want it!

So he's going to think of some other things for us to do for a while... shows, music events, movies, etc. I told him that we can eat out sometimes (I can get salad) but for the most part we will eat before we go out... (at least I will!)

So here I am once again.

My first goal is to journal things until Thanksgiving because that's a great goal date... (when I fly out to meet his parents).

I have a little less than 3 weeks. I know I definitely can make a change during this time.

So far, today:

1 egg
1.5 cups mango

Go raw flax bar (120 cal)

**had to go to jury duty so it threw my meals off.. **

dannon 3 carb yogurt

1.5 cups of black beans
4 tb light sourcream
kale

Will workout in a hour or so.. and will input that as well.
So far, I think I tracked around 1000 calories so far...
Once I go to the gym arouund 4:30 or 5 and get back home, there will be time for just about one more meal so that will work out perfectly

As far as my meals are concerned... I still love fat smash. I prefer to normally eat more vegetables, beans, fruit....
I haven't turned vegetarian per say but I definitely prefer not to eat to much meat.. My taste buds have definitely changed over the years. I am much happier not having meat. So my protein comes from egg, greek yogurt/dairy...

This is why fat smash works out pretty well becaue it naturally makes you eat this way anyway. OH! one more thing.. My dr suggested I may have gluten intolerance so I have been paying attention to that as well. Luckily fat smash type eating works with that as well. So anyway, my plan is my normal extreme fat smash eating...along with calorie counting.

I have said enough for now.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 11-08-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #28  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default Countdown til Thanksgiving 16 days left.

So for my official Day 1, I will start with menus out of the cycle 2 portion of the extreme version… just to mix things up….then follow week 1’s menus.. then week 3.

Workout will be tonight with the girls that I train.

Exercise Required: 55 minutes of cardio.

Meals for today:

coffee

(10am)
1/2 cup egg beaters.
1 cup kale

(1pm)
6oz fage w/low carb yogurt mixed in
sliced apple/plum

(4pm)
goraw bar

(7pm)
veggie salad w/lite ranch

45 cardio / 20 minutes weight training

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 11-09-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #29  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Default 15 days

55 minutes cardio

green smothies

rice chex w/ almond milk

p.s 152
Old 11-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #30  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

ooh Lawd! The last couple of days I have been stick with the following:

fruits
veggies
lowfat yogurt
oatmeal

Basically from the fat smash original menu. Havent had a lot of time to cook my beans. I also have been drinking my veggies (kale and apple....yum).

I have been doing at least 1 hour of cardio a day. I am SO hoping to see the 140's by weeks end.. Most definitely before Thanksgiving.

I am working from home today. I have so much work to get done.
Brunch will be veggie omelet with a side of turkey sausage. Dinner may just be salad. I will be happy if I can get some cardio in today. I am not worried about rest days right now. I want to really push it to the limit this week!!!!!

I plan to do at least 2-3 TWO-SESSION days this week!

I also can't wait to start jogging again. My knee has been having some sharp pains on and off lately. So the bottom line is stick to the diet up the cardio (intensity) and not eat close to bed time.

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 11-14-2010 at 01:19 PM.