General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 03:50 PM   #226  
Long Lost Chickie

Tiff, sounds good! I think I'll skip the cherries though. I like my cheesecake "straight up". I'm so tough.

Well, girls, it's almost the weekend. TGIGOOHSBIHTKS!!!

... uh, "thank God I'm getting out of here soon before I have to kill someone", of course. What'd you think it meant?

Hope you all have a great weekend! Think of me fondly when I'm at the wedding reception tomorrow afternoon trying to steer clear of that big bad buffet table.

Later!
Old 09-13-2002, 08:20 PM   #227  

Hey, im alive..just to let you know!
and iM ABOUT READY TO SNAP!
ill explain later...
gotta go
luv
kayla
Old 09-14-2002, 08:30 AM   #228  

Football season kicks my butt. Thank goodness it's junior football and it only lasts 7 more weeks.

Jello, good luck beating the buffet

Tiff, the boys will live with their haircuts. Oldest sons looks the worst. But, can't see it w/ftball helmet on anyway.
Cheesecake recipe looks good. Serve it with fresh strawberries to make it even healthier!

Kayla, slow down and breath Hope everthing is ok.

It's gonna be a tornado weekend....not real tornados, just me running around like a tornado and the house looking like a tornado went through it after all the running around.

Oh, I wore my smaller size jeans (16) last night and actually didn't wear a shirt that covered my back side. I think they're fitting better.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:18 PM   #229  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Just checking in! Today went VERY well, last night, I had Chinese. It's like it calls my name.

Anyway, I am kind of tired and have a sore throat, so I will check in again tomorrow!

Tiff
Old 09-15-2002, 12:29 PM   #230  
I'm back again

Exclamation

Hey everybody,

Sorry, I haven't been around....busy with Friday night football games and Saturday shopping trips.

Just talked with a friend who has been on WW for about 5-6 weeks now....she has lost 10 #. I guess I'm really going to have to join now....I'm at my same wt. as last week and the week before. Doing the walking at night and getting in the water but the food part is difficult. Need some structure, I guess. Don't understand why I can't leave some foods alone anymore when I'm at home....????

Tiff--I take a Women's multivitamin (has the iron we need) and I can really tell a difference if I've forgot to take it for a while.

I posted on the Halloween Challenge...chose Tuesday as my weigh-in day but someone mentioned Thursday being a better day..mmm....have to think about that one.

Huntress---where are you, girl? Hope your weather is nice so you can go cruisin'.

Gotta go....being the CEO of this family, I have to balance the budget today and get the laundry done (I may delegate some of that task though).

"Bright"
Old 09-16-2002, 07:57 AM   #231  

MONDAY 2hr fog school delay
Old 09-16-2002, 09:27 AM   #232  
Long Lost Chickie

I have a question. Do "control top" pantyhose actually control anything for any of you guys? I paid extra for them and expected a miracle, dammit!

The wedding was absolutely beautiful. The bride cried. The groom cried. The guests cried. The soloist even got choked up. They're such a cute couple and so in love. Sigh.

And then came the food ... and Jo's crying now.

My binge carried over into Sunday after the ritual burning of the useless control top pantyhose. All those goodies we brought back from Scotland are no longer tucked away in the back of the basement freezer. They are now partying, singing and dancing in my tummy.

And I'm feeling guilty as h***.

So as of today, I'm completely on program. I never did get my menu planned for the week but I'm planning a daily menu each evening for the next day. Day 1 at 9:20 AM ... so far so good.

Tiff, how you feelin' today? Hope you're not coming down with something.

Brighter, good to see you again!

Tig, FOG delay!?? That's a new one on me!

Kayla, what's up girlie??

So I've decided that I have to do well on this Halloween challenge thing or no Vegas at Christmas. How's that for an inspiration?

Boss is off for Yom Kippur today but old witch queen is back from vacation and as "witchy" as ever. Oh and Aunt Flo dropped in for her monthly visit yesterday like a tornado ripping through my body parts. I am in NO MOOD today!!!!!

Stay tuned.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:42 AM   #233  

Yeah, Fog delay. Isnt' that a crapper. We have fog delays and snow delays. Kids love 'em, parents hate 'em. My youngest use to call it Frog....is it froggy out?

Control top panty hose just push things upward and give me a roll at the top Now, if they could push that roll on up further...

I ate too much birthday cake and icecream this weekend. But, we don't have cake in the house very often. In the lifestyle change, cake should be allowed for special occasions. Just too bad we had leftovers
Old 09-16-2002, 09:59 AM   #234  

Looks like a quiet weekend around here. It was a quiet weekend for me too. I got one helluva cough, but other than that I'm okay now & back to work. It's frustrating, you feel like after 3-4 days of laying low you should feel FINE and instead I'm just tolerable.

Kayla - where are you dear? I hope things worked out.

Control top hose - maybe the benefit is all mental because they sure do FEEL tighter.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:03 AM   #235  

OH! I can't believe I forgot to share this first thing...
SOMEONE NOTICED! Someone asked me if I had lost weight! It was my Dad. I hadn't told the parents I was trying to loose, so I was giddy with delight!
Old 09-16-2002, 10:07 AM   #236  

Ahhh the beloved fog delays. I LOVE the fog. Except when I HAVE to go somewhere and there are IDIOTS out there driving without any lights on. Makes me wanna kill someone! I like to sit on the porch with my hot tea and my newspaper and watch the fog. So spooky and almost "other-world" like.

Anyway, moving on. Tonight is my WW meeting. First week's weigh in, so we shall see how this week looks on the scale. Probably not worth a crap. How much exercise did I get this week? Um...None. So, I will see. My official weigh in for the challenge is tomorrow morning, cause I have been weighing in on my own scale at home now since May on Tuesdays and I am not going to change. Besides, the WW scale is a big fat liar and CLAIMS that I am 4 pounds heavier than my scale at home. So, which scale will I go by? You betcha!

Jo, Jo, Jo. I'm scared of you today, so I won't say much, except....we have all been there. Besides, there isn't anything we can say that you haven't already said to yourself, except that we love you!

AND.....take it out on Witchy-Poo.

Brighter, how did your weekend of CEO duties go? LOL, I know that feeling!

Kayla, what the heck is going on with you? You came here all mad and said you would tell us later what happened, and you never did!!!! I'm dying here!

Dyan, congrats again on the loss for the challenge! Awesome way to start out!!

Everyone else: Good morning and I hope your weekend was wonderful, I still feel sick. My throat is swollen on one side, dang adenoids. And my gum hurts along the right side, I think the dentist either poked me with an instrument while I was numb, OR, occasionally my wisdom teeth give me problems, and after all their poking and proding back there, they may have just enflamed it. So...I don't feel the best today, but I am here...and will be checking in all day!

Happy Monday y'all!
Tiff
Old 09-16-2002, 10:09 AM   #237  

Tig, congats!!! I LOVE when that happens! I saw my Dad last in June, so I can't WAIT to see him again, and listen to him fuss. LOL

Cafe, glad you are on the mend. Maybe tomorrow you will be in top shape again!!!

Tiff
Old 09-16-2002, 10:39 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Good Morning All,

Thanks for the congrats. I was really very surprised about the 2.5 pound loss. I haven't been feeling myself for a while now and just can't seem to shake whatever has got me by the b*lls (so to speak). It seems as though I have lost all my motivation , and don't know where to find it. Thank goodness our 30 challenge is over, otherwise you guys would really see how bad I'm doing.

Had another boring weekend. stayed in my pj's ALL weekend. FINALLY tackled DS's room. It was 60% storage and 40% room. My baby girl is getting too big for the cradle and will need to move into the crib soon, so I had to clean out the "storage room", so that we could bring back the toddler bed. I went through every article of clothing in the house and boxed up all the clothes that don't fit the kids, plus some summer stuff. So today I need to take, no lie, no exageration, take all 20 boxes to the actual storage!! I still had newborn clothes from DS lying around here and there. He's 1 1/2 now!! I have boxes of girls stuff, sizes newborn thru 6, and boys newborn to 24 months. He has some 2T & 3T, which I'm going to stick under the crib. My back was killing me! and I still have tons to do today. I haven't done any exercise in days, and that is partly why I feel in the crapper. But after I go to storage, pick up DD, cook dinner, finish the room and go through more boxes, I just don't have the time and keep telling myself that after I finish "fall cleaning", I'll get back on track. I feel as though I'm just setting myself up for failure.

On a better note, I went to Lane Bryant on Friday to use my $25 off a $50 purchase, before the time ran out. I'm happy to say that I got 3 pr of pants (1 for my mom), a 2 pc. jammie set, and top for a whopping $32!! WWWWEEEEEE......I really was not in the mood to spend any money. But all in all it was well worth it.

Today is Monday,and I have resolved to stop being a such a lurker and to participate more.

TTFN
Old 09-16-2002, 11:36 AM   #239  

Is today the Offical Bit@h Day? Well here is my Monday so far...My Doctor changed my hormone replacement prescription so I started again this morning after just ending yesterday morning. Then when I was ready to head out for work this morning..FLAT TIRE... I have to say that living in the Country does have some perks, I called the garage where my husband does business and they came out and changed the tire and are repairing the flat one. Anyway get to work an hour late so there goes my lunch break. UGH I weighted yesterday and looks as if I may have lost a pound but........ then went to a baby shower and ate as if someone was going to snatch my plate away from me and it was my last meal. Think I need to live in a cave for a couple of weeks.

DH is going out of town next week, will leave on Mon and be back late Wed nite. Hope to get started and finish that wall papering job while he is away. That would make me feel better just having that behind me, but I'm not looking forward to doing it AT ALL.

Okay I don't even like me today, I'll come back when I'm happier
Old 09-16-2002, 12:07 PM   #240  
DNW

Hi All!

I had a very small loss last week of .5 lbs. but think i blew it at a funeral repast yesterday, i was so hungry when i got to the house as i only had a very small breakfast in the morning after church and didn't eat until 3 pm again. I am back on the wagon today which is good because i kept up with the exercising and weight lifting.

I have swallowed my pride and resentment and I am going to try to keep the food under 1700 calories if at all possible.

Hope you are all well!!
Closed Thread