General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #271  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth-Yeah, the total cost of the funeral was over $6000-the $900 is just our part of the $3000 she actually had no funds to pay, even though she told us she had the funds to pay for everything SHE had planned. DH and his other sis had told her as soon as we knew his dad was terminal that neither of our families had any money to pay for a funeral and we were assured that he had enough insurance money to pay for what she had arranged. Turns out that he either had no insurance (even though she said he did) or she was named the only beneficiary and has decided to keep it all herself. She has refused to produce any documents showing her as executor or even the will or insurance papers-everything has become very hush-hush all of a sudden. I'm putting the attorney's number on speed dial- I have to try to laugh about the whole mess or I'll just scream...and then the state trooper across the street will come to see who's being killed and there'll be a bunch of explaining to do and ....

I'm just hoping Dh's mom does some pre-planning now, so nothing will be left up in the air.....

Good luck with all the noisy workers......I'd have to get out of there!

Last edited by ronni62; 08-26-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #272  
Operator265

OK, sounds like MissTNT needs to get some of her old stuff together and take care of some folks who are screwing with my sister ThreadKillers. Back in a bit.

So, I can get to Iowa first, then Canada. Oh crap, now we need passports huh? Oh well, guess I'll have to trust y'all to handle it yourselves.

Ronni-Your SIL sounds just like my middle sis during my mom's passing. Leaving it to a lawyer will save money on psychiatric bills later.

Ruthie-My kids finally pushed me to far and I exploded. They all found I could set off a pretty good explosion without ANFO. It's been "Everybody off the old lady's back" ever since. Just show the dumba**es what PO'd and post-menopausal looks like. They'll all show up with Ipods and ear buds tomorrow.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #273  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Operator. They just finished up and left. Only one guy will be back tomorrow to "mud" so I'll just have the radio to contend with unless he talsk to himself. Actually Jazz just wandered into the new room and peed on the newspaper they left on the floor. Too bad it wasn't the radio! Hmmm,
Old 08-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #274  
Operator265

Maybe Jazz will target in a little better when he has to crap. hehehehe

Old 08-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #275  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HA! Ruth I am always having to yell at my guys for their radios being too loud! We don't care if they play them as long as the music and noise level is respectable. Never are they allowed to play them in a remodel when the owners are home...unless it is very low in the area they are working AND they have the owners permission.

Right now there are 12 women at my house....I have done work for 6 of them...each one would tell you that when I left their homes their houses were cleaner than when I arrived. I have an outstanding reputation...I have to....My dad demanded it when he taught me and my wife has to work with these ladies! HA!!

I can yell with the best of them...but there is a time and place for it...not in somebody else's house!

RONNI I know this has been hard for you. If $900 makes it all go away forever...I say beg, borrow, steal it....if not I'd ask....I'D!!! DEMAND records before I gave up a nickle!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

ronni, are you sure the funeral cost that much ? Have you seen a bill from the mortician ? How about the florist ? Just a good idea to check before you part with any money and if you do send any money be sure it is documented. Seeing an attorney is not a bad idea. Sorry it has to be this way for you.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:45 PM   #277  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Count down 11 days till school starts

and

224 post left here...
Old 08-27-2009, 11:59 PM   #278  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

this thread is dying a sloooooooooooooooooooowwwww death
Old 08-28-2009, 02:52 AM   #279  

Height: 5'6"

Ronni, sorry about the family upsets. I would definitely need to see every scrap of paperwork before shelling out one thin dime to her.

Ruth and Operator, I wish you both peace
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #280  

Default slooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
this thread is dying a sloooooooooooooooooooowwwww death
OK. Gary, what can we dream up to bring this group back to life ? I am up for anything as long as it doesn't require a jail sentence.

Last edited by bargoo; 08-28-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:07 AM   #281  
Freedom in living

Could not find any appropriate slow death jokes. But how about Embarassing death jokes?
had a link but upon closer reading was not appropriate either...does this mean we cant joke about death? or souldn't?

Last edited by JuliaDH; 08-28-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #282  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

How about some totally politically incorrect Polish jokes? I can tell them since I'm married to one

you know why Polish names end in ski? Because they couldn't spell toboggan!

And,yes, our last name ends in ski......
Old 08-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #283  

Height: 5'6"

A woman was sitting at a bar enjoying an after work cocktail with her girlfriends when an exceptionally tall, handsome, extremely sexy, middle-aged man entered. He was so striking that the woman could not take her eyes off him.

The young-at-heart man noticed her overly attentive stare and walked directly toward her - as real men will.

Before she could offer her apologies for staring so rudely, he leaned over and whispered to her, "I'll do anything, absolutely anything, that you want me to do, no matter how kinky, for $20... on one condition."

Flabbergasted, the woman asked what the condition was. The man replied, "You have to tell me what you want me to do in just three words."

The woman considered his pro position for a moment, and then slowly removed a $20 bill from her purse, which she pressed into the man's hand along with her address. She looked deeply into his eyes, and slowly and meaningfully and said....

"Clean my house."

Women are not stupid.....
Old 08-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #284  
Freedom in living

Old 08-28-2009, 06:29 PM   #285  

That's my kind of woman !
Closed Thread