Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #211  
Ilene the Bean

Woohoo a bunch of newbies, in time for the Holidays .... one and all
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:38 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 145/137/116

Height: 5"4

Hey everyone!

I wasn't sure whether I'd be eligible to be a feather weight - I sure as daisies don't feel like one - but from the sounds of it I'm good over here. I guess the last thing you want to hear when you're trying to lose 100+ pounds is somebody complaining about 25... but Ive been pretty miserable about it!

So here's me in a nutshell: for the last 13 years, losing weight has been something I did in secret and came with lots of unhealthy behaviour. I want to try to do it different this time but I admit that Im struggling. As a student, i sit at home all day which makes me very moody - the ideal ingredients for devouring packs of cookies, liquorice (my worst vice), chocolate - you name it!

I'm 26, 5"4 and weigh 141 lbs. A week ago it was 145 so I am going in the right direction (!), but this is literally the heaviest Ive ever been.

Usually when I start feeling uncomfortable and try to lose weight, I am anywhere between 129 - 134 lbs. Am not sure how it got so out of hand (for my standards), the fact that I was depressed for a year probably didn't help!

Anyway, I want to go back to weighing anywhere between 116 and 120 lbs, which is when I fit into all my nice clothes again (my reward!). And I'm giving myself until May 1st to accomplish this, which seems plenty of time. More than the two weeks I usually aim for anyway! When it comes to my weight Im generally not very realistic or smart.

So I really like this forum but I am having a hard time staying motivated. Part of me wants to do a crash diet because I cannot wait to feel good about my body again, and the other part doesn't know how to cope, doesn't believe I'll manage to shed the weight or keep it off and just wants to ravish the fridge and give up now. Sound familiar?

Oh and the third part just can't stop obsessing about food. Its all I think about at the moment... desserts, pies, burritos Mmm. Not exactly the perfect mind set for starting a healthy weight loss process!

For exercise, well Im very lazy. However I try to do 30 minutes of running 3-4 times a week which is more than I've ever done before. But somehow it's only making me heavier.

In conclusion: I'm moody and it's hard but I really do want to manage this, so I hope you can all help me and I'll try to do the same for you!

Pleased to meet you,
Neeka
neeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #213  
Ilene the Bean

Welcome Neeka
Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #214  
Mandalynn

S/C/G: 190/176/155

Height: 5'6"

Yay! I found the forum for me!!! I felt so bad complaining about my 25lbs when some had to lose over 100lbs. I have been on 3FC on and off off for a year and this is the first time I noticed this group. Thank you so much!!!
ArmyChickMLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #215  
Ilene the Bean

Mandalynn

Join us in the weekly thread.......
Old 01-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 155/151/120

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone, I'm new. I'm aiming to lose 35 pounds. I gained these 35 pounds during my first year and half at college. I'm hoping to lose these 35 pounds by May. It was really depressing when my clothes started getting tighter and none of my jeans fit. I had to buy new clothes. I guess I took my weight for granted when I was thin. I played sports in high school. However, during college I rarely exercised and I ate a lot. The pounds added on pretty quickly. I want to fit my old clothes again, so hopefully I can do it.

Nice to meet you all .
lovestruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:39 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 160/160/140

Height: 5'8"

hi everyone i am new! i am trying to lose about 20 pounds. i am a junior in college and have gradually gained the "freshman 15" in college. i played sports in high school and used to be a vegetarian, but since coming to school i have become less healthy. i did the south beach diet once in high school with good results, and i seem to eat much healthier following the guidelines of the diet. i am also aiming to get at least 20 minutes of activity in every day. nice to meet everyone.. wish me luck!
beezip87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:41 PM   #218  
Ilene the Bean

Good luck lovestruck and beezip87
Old 01-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #219  

Hello all - I'm new to 2FC. I've been maintaining a 50 pound weight loss - (post GPB surgery) and I need inspiration for those last 10 pounds. I spent the first year and a half hardly able to eat anything. Now (scarily) I think I can eat anything - but I'm not. It's a different paradigm for me.

here are some before/afters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0893.jpg (33.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg chapeau4.jpg (25.5 KB, 18 views)
origamimommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #220  
Ilene the Bean

origamimommy and

and Congrats on your fabulous weightloss
Old 02-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 166/146/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone! I hope I am in the right place? I have been reading the forums, wondering how to talk to someone about dropping 15-20 pounds. It seems like such a small amount to lose, but with spinal scoliosis, the extra weight is causing problems with the nerves in my leg, so I really want to drop the weight. Walking is the only exercise my doc will allow me to do and I feel like I have lost the same five pounds ten times over. I dropped ten pounds over the past year by watching what I eat, but now I am doing the up a couple pounds, down a couple of pounds yo-yo. I started doing Leslie Sansone's walking tapes indoors because of the cold. I am looking forward to any and all suggestions! Thank you!
darindkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #222  
Ilene the Bean

darindkny .... Join us on the weekly thread too...
Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

I'm new here at 3FC and this is my first post. It sounds like the featherweights is where I belong here, I'm so glad to have found this group. I wasn't sure I would be able to find a place where I could vent about the few pounds I'm trying to loose without offending/irritating others who are trying to loose a few dozen.

Briefly, here's my story. The last few years of my life have been pretty tumultuous, lots of moving around and new things going on (graduating, new job, marriage, house...). Over that period of time my weight has fluctuated between 122 and 135. Other than to my husband, I never talk about loosing weight, but in my own little world, weight and food seem to be the only things on my mind. I've never had great eating habits, but I've always considered myself to be pretty normal when it comes to food. However, over the past few years, my eating habits have gotten a little out of control.

My eating habits are pretty erratic, sometimes eating regularly and healthy, at other times restricting, fasting and binging. I want to stop these bad behaviors from getting out of control! Ideally, I would like to maintain a weight of about 120lbs. I'm at 127 today, which means I've got 7 lbs to go.

I love exercising and eating good, wholesome, healthy foods. Unfortunately I also love pizza, chips, cookies and chocolate...I just need some lessons in moderation I hope I can find some friends and support here
shybiird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 158/134/132

Height: 5'8"

Hi there,

I am a newbie and I will be sharing my story with you pretty soon!
Bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #225  

Wink

Would have been nice to have found this place first...BUT I am here now. So just checkin things out. I first joined another weight loss forum, and I find ppl there just don't understand me, and seem unappreciative of me there...I am enrolled in a 6 month weight loss challenge there, so I won't be leaving that site for some time, as I plan to stick it out.

It is difficult for me to get out and about just to exercise because of anxiety that I have with the outside world. I gained this weight in the past 3 years due to an illness that kept me inside with depression, among other things. I started running again about a month ago! I am excited about it. I want to lose 15-20 lbs in 6 months.

I also feel I have quite the stigma because I am in "abnormal" weight range for someone of my height. I am smaller boned, and have a small frame, so shooting for 130-135 lbs at 6' really gets ppl up in arms. I have been this weight b4, most of my life, and my Doctor never had any complaints. It's not like a person could see my ribs...so I just TRY to take what ppl say with a grain of salt.

Anyways thanks for reading my rant, I hope to get to know some of you better.
RunningGirl is offline   Reply With Quote