Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Good lackadaisy I'm glad you were able to nourish your brain yesterday! (and hopefully have fun while doing so). I hope the thesis is progressing as you'd like. You're so close and have vacation to look forward to once it's over- how awesome. Keep up the good work!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #122  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

indiblue Your black bean burgers sound delicious and I am thinking about trying to make something similar. Do you pay dearly for import groceries in India or are black beans easy to find?

lackadaisy Bikini, awesome! While I don't particularly want to be seen in one (I have a long way to go) I am envious of your opportunity to wear one. I'm convinced I'll be in tights and scarves for the rest of my life; impatient as all **** for it to warm up here.

I'm up a little from yesterday but I feel rather confident I'll be down again tomorrow unless something really dramatic and unplanned goes down my gullet. My clothes are fitting nicely and my arms are sore from pushups, though I feel like my face is enormous. It's TOM and I slept like garbage last night so no point in stressing out over it or staring at my reflection and hating it.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #123  

krampus yes they are delicious! I usually end up just glancing at recipes and figuring things out myself based on what I have around. I neglected to mention that they have bread crumbs and eggs in them too- which helps them hold their shape. I add a little bit of Thai chili sauce, cumin, salt, and other random spices for flavor. I also have been really digging these griddlecakes I've been making, which too are just playing around various ingredients for savory pancakes. I feel full and healthy after eating either of these- chock full of protein and vegetables.

Imported food, yes I do pay dearly . That's why I can't really include specialty foods- high protein bars, flax seeds, quinoa, etc- in my diet right now. Most of the times they just flat out are not available as they would be in a larger city like Delhi or Mumbai. That said, fruits/veggies are a fraction of US prices, so I definitely can't complain too much. I think I can get black beans here- we brought several bags with us so I've just been using those. How is it for you in Japan? I imagine with the dreaded island economy things, even locally, are quite pricey...
Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #124  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Had a pretty good day yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 slice ww toast (100) with 2 tsps almond butter (66). 6 fresh raspberries (10). tea with almond milk (90).

Snack: bag of baby carrots (150ish?)

Lunch: Veggie burger (150), herb salad mix (10) with 2 T hummus (70)

Snack: red pear

Dinner: Pottbelly's Mushroom Melt (430). Coffee with skim milk.

Snack: handful of blackberries with a splash of almond milk and a sprinkling of trail mix

About 1300 for the day
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #125  

Mehhhhhhhhhhh. Went off-course in the afternoon again, second day in a row.

Breakfast: 1/2 c low fat yogurt, 1 egg and 1 egg white sunny side up (156)
Lunch: (cleaning out the fridge!) 1 griddlecake (oats, roasted pumpkin, egg, milk), 1 small black bean burger (carrots, onion, black bean, chick peas, oats), heapful of lightly sauted spinach (269)
Lunch2: 2 c corn flakes, 1/2 c skim milk (283)
Snack: A LOT OF HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE SYRUP. PLAIN. I'm guesing 200 cals worth. Then a bag of 100 cal popcorn and a TON of water. (210)
Dinner: Um. Not sure. About 1/2 "card deck" of sea bass, 1/4 c mashed potatoes, a lot of salad, lots of cooked vegetables, 1 piece of garlic bread. (599)

URGGGG. Dinner would have been fine and totally appropriate if I hadn't eaten my weight in hershey's chocolate syrup in the afternoon. Who does that??

Total: 1617

Not my best performance.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #126  
Staying the Same

I am sad to report I ate chocolate 4 times yesterday. Shooting for 0 times today to make up for it.

yesterday's food - calorie total ~1900

B yogurt, oatmeal
L "slop" - chicken hamburg, tofu, diced tomatoes, spinach, 1 onion chopped, parmesan cheese
Snacks 1 square chocolate from coworker, small grapefruit, big honking chocolate bread/donut type thing (I regret this)
D 6 edamame beans, small chicken wrap with salsa, chocolate fondant with 2 blueberries and a tiny dollop of vanilla ice cream
second dessert eugh chocolate ice cream sandwich

exercise was about 70 minutes mid pace walking, 40 min Tae Bo Cardio, 200 crunches.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #127  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Krampus, your exercise is an inspiration.
I TURNED IN MY THESIS TODAY. Thank goodness. It was a disaster (I misspelled "essay" as "esssay" on my cover sheet...) but at least it's in. Ate only semi-unhealthy (but not much) food this morning, lots of healthy food tonight, so I think I'll end up fairly "accountable" after all, to make up for two days of disastrous ~2000 brownie happiness.

Breakfast: Clif mini, coffee (100)
Lunch: 1/2 panini sandwich, coffee (240)
Snack: Clif mini, 1/2 dark chocolate bar (200)
Dinner: grilled chicken, split pea soup-as-topping, spinach leaves, wheat roll, lima beans, beets, red peppers, celery, hummus (450)

=980. But going out to drink tonight = probably 300 more. so far i've had about 8 oz of a mix of mike's hard, peach schnapps, & vodka. Definitely a lot of calories in that

Exercise: ~20 minutes running + 15 minutes walking, otherwise just typical moving around
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

Height: 5'4"

Today I got on the scale at it was hovering VERY close to 120. I need to give myself a BIG push this next two weeks, although stress and sickness is getting in the way of working out.
kwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:55 PM   #129  
Yogini

Lackadaisy - CONGRATS on the thesis!!! Hope you have fun having and drink and celebrating - you deserve it!

I did okay today I suppose. I realized though that I am not sure I have lost more than a lb since before Chistmas. I was 139 then...I took a break in there for 6 weeks, started back up at 140 and now am only down to 138.

Why am I even trying? I don't feel like the scale isn't going to move until a month from now...this "diet" seems pointless.

Breakfast (370): 1 egg over easy (80). 2 slices of ww toast (200). tea with almond milk (90)

Lunch (300): giant salad with herb mix (10), 1/4 cup hummus (used as a salad dressing - 140), 6 grape tomatoes (20), 5 green olives (25), green pepper (5), 5 slices tofurky (100).

Snack (225): 2 cookies and an emergenc

Dinner (430): Miso Ramen with tofu (400) 3 brushetta (30)

About 1320
Old 03-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #130  

Wildflower you're doing wonderfully. Your food each day looks pretty good, though I haven't looked closely at protein/carb/fat breakdown. Is the key in that? Perhaps upping protein/lower carbs? (I honestly have no idea where you are with macronutrient breakdown, so if your protein/carb ratio is already pretty high ignore my comment). How's your exercise? Would putting in a high intensity (aerobics/running) or interval training be helpful? That usually kicks my weight loss into high gear.

Ate basically 6 meals today. I was really happy with the choices:
Breakfast: Smoothie (1/2 banana, 5 strawberries, 1/2 c yogurt, handful spinach) (257)
Snack: 1 slice homemade pumpkin bread (169)
Lunch1: 1 bell pepper, 1 large carrot, 4 tbs hummus, 3 tbs baba ghanoush (179)
Lunch2: 1 slice multigrain bread, 1 1/3 tbs Jif peanut butter (285)
Snack: 1 c corn flakes, 2/3 c skim milk (171)
Dinner: heapful of spinach, 3 oz tuna, dollop of yogurt, squirt of mustard, cup of masala chai, Hershey's dark chocolate (240)

Total: 1201
Exercise: 30 minutes moderate stationary bike, 15 minutes treadmill (including running a 7:30 mile woot!, 7:30 power walk/run intervals), 5 minutes abs (300)
Net: 901

Calories a little low, but I'm feeling quite full right now. If I get hungry in the next two hours before heading off to bed I'll eat an egg or small wedge of cheese. But after yesterday's feast my body may just be satisfied with a lower intake today.

Last edited by indiblue; 03-10-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #131  
Yogini

Thanks for the comments Indiblue.

I probably haven't gotten enough exercise the past few months although last year I was running a lot and never saw any weightloss, it just made me constantly hungry. My primary forms of exercise are running, yoga and walking. I walk everywhere, so I do several miles a day. Yoga has been at a standstill since January due to the studio schedule not working with my school schedule. Same with running and work...I was running over my lunch hours but now I've been scheduled with a lot of meetings over lunch so it's hard to get out to the gym. I've been really crammed for time, plus got sick in there and am finally getting over a cough from a cold I had months ago.

I hope as things die down a bit I can make it to the gym more. Tonight I am going to a yoga class with some friends, so that's a start.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #132  
Corporette diet

Well. Calorie-wise, drinking last night was a TERRIBLE idea. Not only 1.5 margaritas, but a huge quantity of (deep-fried) tortilla chips + about 6 oz of salsa. And then, when deeply intoxicated... 1.5 slices of pecan pie. I have no idea how many calories in those chips, but my total ended up being over 2000 for the day at least.

I've decided to fast until dusk today, more as a spiritual cleanse from the partying last night than anything else, to remind myself of moderation (of all kinds) over break.

L: 16 oz fabulous black tea with sweetener
S: 6 oz coffee.
D: fresh mesclun & cucumber salad with red wine dressing, 3 oz tilapia, a tiny bit of potato & crouton.

Fasting was a success, even happily declined cupcakes & lollipop in class today. I'm "hungry," but I don't want food -- the opposite of typical -- and don't feel deprived. I do feel extremely sleepy, though -- too little sleep, too much caffeine crash. Looking forward to a light breakfast and run tomorrow, but mostly... SLEEP!

Last edited by lackadaisy; 03-10-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #133  
Staying the Same

I had my first ever full-on binge last night, and I feel weirdly at peace with it as compared to other binges. I spent all day yesterday reading the "binge stories" thread and feeling jealous that other people allowed themselves to just eat until they were too full to move. I think I ate about 6500 calories yesterday, 2000 at work and the rest after work. I'm up 5.5 lbs overnight, but ironically while I was waiting for my pizza to arrive, I pooped. Is that what it takes?!?!?!?!

I'm quite shaken by this and am not setting any food or calorie goals for today aside from "drink a lot of water and tea."
Old 03-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #134  
Corporette diet

Krampus -- Wow. That is a bit scary. I think it's healthier to be at peace with it than upset -- except that you don't want to convince yourself that binging is "something you do" or part of your health/wellness self-identity. I guess I don't share your experience with binging, but I identified as a sedentary person for a long time and it's been hard to break out of that self-destructive image in a similar way.

Sending lots of hugs your way -- you can do this. You can get in control.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #135  
Staying the Same

EXACTLY. I don't want to build it into my life or justify it. Logically it is not possible to eat that much and maintain an ideal weight. It's just not. I have to make that choice and commit to it.

I sometimes wish I lived somewhere with more English language support networks for this stuff, like OA meetings or something. But I know what would happen - since I'm still a featherweight I would show up to an OA meeting, see everyone else, think "I'm the thinnest one here, I'm fine" and not take it seriously.