Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #1  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Height: 5'3"

Default Water Water Water!

I have been trying to figure out my fluid retention issues. I am starting to think that sometimes I just drink too much water! I think that’s why my weight can fluctuate so much in a day. I understand the whole drink more water to flush water but… I dunno.. I am starting to think that is not always the case.

Technically for my weight, I would need around 75 ounces of water.. So say.. 5 bottles of water. I am sure that I get close to a gallon of water a day. Sometimes I just down a bottle of water at one time.. (especially if I put a little of my crystal light packet in it)... I constantly go to the bathroom some days..

But do I REALLY need to be doing this?? – I am starting to think, NO! I think that as long as I get my 70 ounces in, I don’t need to constantly drown myself in water. Throughout my weightloss journey, I have seen the craziest things on the scale... I can go up or down 5-8 pounds in ONE DAY! That's just ridiculous to me!

I am not a big sodium person. I do not add extra salt to my meals and I try to choose low sodium food items when I can.

Anyway, I am just wondering...

What is your weight?
How much water do you drink in a day?
Do you drink plain water only or add crystal light?
Are you constantly forcing yourself to drink water throughout the day?
Do you see huge fluctuations on the scale?

THANKS!!
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #2  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I drink about 80 oz/day. The only other thing I drink is my morning coffee (1-2 cups).
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

This is only from personal experience... When I drink plain water I go to the washroom a lot and lose weight... When I drink my water with Crystal Light I don't.... I've never checked but is there a lot of sodium in Crystal Light? Also some water bottles have minerals in them and one of the minerals is sodium, so check your water, I've also noticed with those types spring waters I will not go to the bathroom... Just my 2 cents
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #4  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Thank you 2 for taking the time to respond! I appreciate it.
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

I was a big 64-ounces-a-day-no-matter-what person last summer, but I've since backed off. I now drink about 30 ounces a day, which still keeps me feeling "flushed out" but I also don't feel like I'm floating and running to the ladies' room every ten minutes!
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I drink 108 oz of water per day. No additives. I used/would like to drink more, maybe 4-5 L, but the nutritionist I visited told me to keep it to about 3 L while I'm losing weight.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I drink 2-3 liters of "just water" and an additional 2-3 liters of hot herbal tea at night after dinner. There is coffee and green tea in there too. I pee at least 12 times a day and my pee is always clear except for the first couple times in the morning or right after a workout.

I don't think it's really affected my weight loss...I do pee a lot during the night though which would be off-putting to people who have trouble falling back asleep.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote