Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 02:37 PM   #106  

Default Scripture reading for today - February 11, 2005

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #107  

Default Our Daily Bread Devotional for February 11, 2005

February 11, 2005

Love's Check List

Read:
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love suffers long and is kind. —1 Corinthians 13:4

Bible In One Year: Leviticus 8-10

A woman named Nancy uses verses from 1 Corinthians 13 to help her cope with the frustrations of a busy family life. She calls verses 4 to 7 "Love's Check List" and refers to it when anger wells up within her.

Nancy gave an example of how she uses her check list. She was running errands one morning before she and her family were to leave on vacation. Her husband Bill was at home caring for the children and getting things ready for an early afternoon departure. When she arrived home after stopping at the grocery store, her mother's house, the post office, the bank, and the hospital to visit a friend, she found that all he had accomplished the entire morning was to wash and polish his car—which they weren't even taking on the trip!

Nancy was angry and said some harsh things to Bill. Within a few minutes the words of Love's Check List came to mind: "Love suffers long and is kind." She prayed, then she apologized to her husband for her angry outburst. He said he was sorry too, and they left that afternoon for their vacation—just a little late.

Next time you say angry, bitter things, remember Love's Check List in 1 Corinthians 13. Better yet, consider it before you say them. —Dave Egner

Lord, fill our hearts with Christlike love,
With goodness, kindness, care,
Lest bitter thoughts and hurtful words
Will find a welcome there. —D. De Haan

Bitter feelings can be sweetened when we take them to the Lord in prayer.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:45 PM   #108  

Default Devotional for Dieters for February 11, 2005

February 11

Romans 12:21
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Fat is the enemy. We have declared war, and it takes every ounce of strength we have to wage the battle. Yet, it is a battle well worth fighting. We sometimes need to look at fat as an enemy. We need to think of it as evil, in order to stay serious about battling it. If we allow ourselves to believe that it is anything less than evil, we stand in danger of learning to live with it. That can never be. It is an effrontery to the Christian life to allow evil to overcome that which is good. Rather, let us always strive to overcome what is evil with what is good.
Today's thought: I will not rest until the enemy has been eradicated!
Old 02-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #109  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Happy Birthday Marilynn

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARILYNN

Have you taped your daughter singing and played it back to her so she can see how sweet she sounds??

Have a WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIRTHDAY

Prayers and Hugs..Gary
Old 02-11-2005, 03:49 PM   #110  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Friday

MICHELE I am with you on Dr. Laura...she has great advice but sometimes...er...a lot of the times she has that " too big for her britches!" attitude...that being said I think she is great.

MKAY I haven't read the book but I have heard many callers swear by it...but! You have to WANT your marraige to work...always the key...keep in mind the book points out faults of the wife I think. My friend has had a wife that has ignored him for over 10 years no matter how hard he tries...bought it for her and she just threw it away without even looking at it saying, " I don't need this."

SUE Yes and No on the puppy school..a lot worked but then Angie and I didn't stick with the HOME training as well as we should have, we may be going back soon. Ensenada huh, you were near me then just a couple hours away.

NANCY How is the cross- stitching going?

CHRISTALYNN Prayers for your mom.

WILMA OK Martha, I'm sending to warm you up!!

Gotta go....off early today and have to get chili and spaghetti sauce going for tonight and this week-end.............
Old 02-11-2005, 04:03 PM   #111  

Default Meeeeee Again!

EZ- The book sounds ok to me. I never really was the type to ignore DH. I believe I've given him much attention until this past December and January and some of February. I don't know if I just got sick and tired of feeling neglected or lonely or what but.....I do believe as some of what was in the exerpt (sp) of the book mentioned that if one changes, the other usually follows. I just need to stay consistent. I do believe the Lord allows me to see the truth about myself (not always nice either) when He knows I am ready to deal with it. My lightbulb went on regarding my "purpose." That's when I realized that I need to get back on track with DH. Thank you for your honesty.

Sprout- Birthday's are fun aren't they? I used to collect dice and dice "things." I have some really pretty ones too. I sorted them and kept the special ones and I am going to "try" to get rid of the remainder of the collection. Since I got most of them on ebay, I should go back there to get rid of them.

Christalynn- We pray to the Father that if there are any signs of cancer in mom's body, that the Holy Spirit flood her body and break up and destroy any cells before her checkup next week. We pray total wholeness in her body, physically, mentally and spiritually. We pray in Your name...Amen!

I really need to ck out Dr. Laura. When or where is she?

Gotta jet!
Old 02-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #112  

Default hi again!

M-KAY- We were on a shore excursion snorkling in a bay area, when the wind picked up and they couldn't safely transport us back to the ship. We just had our suits for snorkeling, we ended up buying sweatshirts, because it was cool come evening time. But being standed in Maui still was nothing to complain about . We had a very nice room, and meal compliments of royal carribbean. I also live to snorkel and if I am vacationing where it is warm enough we usually plan a snorkel trip. The best one so far was off the Cayman Islands. KUDOS STAYING OP GOOD JOB.
CHRISTINA- Lots of prayers for your mom, I do believe there is alot of power in prayer.
SPROUT-I help take care of a man who is 62 years old. He has downs syndrome, he lives in his own apt. in my apt. complex. He has severe diabetes and recently entered renal failure from the diabetes. He has a heart a mile wide. He goes camping with me in the summer. He has his own tent we set up, he has the time of his life. We have taken him on vacation a few times and he is like a member of my family. His own family doesn't pay any attention to him. He was self supportive for years working at a fruit market. He needs help now with managing his money ect. He is on SSI. That is how I got involved they were going institutionalize him, but with diet management and monitoring can continue to live at home. He gives as much as he gets, ;he is a sweet and innocent and is a pleasure most of the time. Again wonderful devotion. I read the daily bread all the time, and really enjoy that as well. that is way to go 1 lb at a time, gone forever.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:39 PM   #113  

Default continued-

EZ- I wish I had known but it was a quick trip from Ensenada to San Diego, where we flew home. A hot cup of chili sounds wonderful, I have been cold all day, don't know why since the storm ended last night and the sun is shining. But might have to pop over for a cup.I am sure it is warmer there anyway. Since its in the low 30's and we just got about 6 inches of snow.
Hi to everyone else! see ya!

Last edited by doitforme; 02-12-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #114  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Saturday

HI LADIES

Just waiting for the rain to stop here, it is supposed to, and if it does my daughter will have a tennis match. I will head down to see her, just in case it gets rained out I sent her Valentine card down with her mom. My ex is going down anyway to take her shopping after the match. Angie is off at bell choir practice.

Puppies...RYLEE!! is driving me nuts! With all the rain they have been cooped up and are getting antsy, she keeps finding ways to get through the fence I have that keeps them on the concrete area...therefore she gets in the MUDDY part of the yard and has a ball!!

SUEI was going to send some of that chili, but then got to thinking it might get cold It was pretty good, the Cinncinatti kind...it had cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, onions, garlic, paprika, dried mustard and chili powder in it. A little too much on the cloves for me but everyone liked it fine...we put it over rice.

MKAY I listen to Dr. Laura on the radio on a big sation in Los Angeles..MICHELE knows it I'm sure..KFI. She has a website...drlaura.com, if you go to it you will see Radio on the top left list...you click on that then your state and it will give you times and stations. Luck!

Well...off to do more laundry!! Gary

Last edited by EZMONEY; 02-12-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #115  

Default Well we did it

We brought home a puppy today!!
Long time ago I had raised chihuahua cross terrier - she was very little, pure white and lived till she was 18 years old.

Since then hubby and I have always had Shelties - there is one that would be ready in about another 6 weeks - but we came across an add in the paper of a maltese/chichuahua/poodle cross, male, 9 weeks old, white. So we went to have a look and fell in love with the pup. Should be a total of about 5 pounds when fully grown - very very small. Cute but in some ways homely - all white, curly hair that looks like it could be longer than the poodle but not long like the maltese.

We call him Koko - and our daughter is in love with him already. He has been home now for a couple of hours and has settled in very well. We pulled out the big wire cage we had for the Sheltie, cleaned it up, put in a 'doggy towel' and after we had him playing outside for about 1/2 hour we showed him the inside of the house - he discovered his 'bed' with a small bowl of water and some food - walked into it, whined a bit, we closed the door and he turned around and laid down and went to sleep - as if he had been with us for ever.
Must say he is rather cute - now just to get through the house training but with having the dog crate it will be much easier. Norm really doesn't like to have the dog in the crate but while house training it is so much easier to control the accidents. Now to go and purchase some doggy toys for him. Also need to go and get a very small collar and lease so we can start on the walking him properly.

Seems so long ago that we did this - hopefully we will have good results with this one - and if he stays healthy as our other pups did we should have him around for some time.

Anyway that is the new for now - will be getting weighed on Monday /Tuesday so will report back then on how I am doing.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:29 AM   #116  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh, Koko sounds beautiful!! How fun! Can you post a pic?
Old 02-13-2005, 06:22 PM   #117  

Default Sunday Night

Sprout- The puppy....I would love to see a pic as well.

doitforme- I went snorkeling at Cemetery Reef and out somewhere on a reef where Captain Marvin took us on a day trip to swim with the stingrays and to eat conc. Cayman was awesome.

Michele- How was Alpha?

Sunny- Staying busy and out of trouble?

EZ- I will ck out the web site sometime this week. DH wants to go watch a movie. He's been sick @ home since Thursday and for a workaholic he must've been pretty sick. I did take care of him I think to a fault. I probably got on his nerves only because he is not the nuturing type when I'm sick and he "can" do fine on his own. Oh well.

Church today was awesome. DH and I served communion. I always feel that it is such an honor to do that. DH and thought about the same couple in church today without each other knowing it. We decided to have them over tomorrow for dinner...spagetti...simple and tasty and then perhaps a boardgame. The gal (probably late twenties or very early thirties) just had a miscarriage last weekend. They had been trying too. Her husband does heating & cooling and has taken DH's service calls when he hunts. They are super sweet.

Well, gotta go...check in tomorrow.

Hugs
Old 02-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #118  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Happy Valentine's Day

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LADIES

I am here all alone (YES!!!) well, except for the puppies...and they are driving me crazy They really need to get out and run/run/run but it is just too wet. Angie took them for a walk earlier and I took them for a 20 minute ride in the truck...they still have too much energy! SPROUT you did the right thing getting a 5lb dog!! Of course you all know I love these two I have...it's just, well...they take a lot of my time...time I used to use for REST

Angie is off selling at a candle party, I dropped my nephew Ron off at my ex-wife's house to weed for awhile, son is at work and my daughter might come up from school to visit for a little bit this evening, step-daughter with her dad this week-end.

Got rained out of the tennis match yesterday, felt bad for the other team...they had to travel 4 hours to NOT play. I headed down but my kiddo called me and said no go...so it only cost me 45 minutes of driving. That time of year!! ya just never know.

Watched Ever After (never saw it before) and Something To Talk About (one of my favorites) on TBS last night with Angie, then we watched HOPE FLOATS on the Family channel, hadn't seen that since the theater. I am a sucker for chick flicks...Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan are my favorites!!

Church was great as always, the sermon was about temptation...how by being "slackers" in the word it is much easier to give in to temptation.

Well we will be heading up to Washington for 4 days next week-end to pick out the colors, etc. on the new house...am sooooo looking forward to another house payment

Well outta here for now... Gary
Old 02-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #119  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Mkay--you Were Posting Same Time As Me...great Work On The Young Couple!! Good Lookin' Out! What Movie Are You Going To See?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:29 AM   #120  

Default Yaaaaawn!

EZ- We watched Bourne Supremacy. Sandra B, Meg R and Julia R are my favs along with Kate Hudson to watch. Johnny Depp is also a fav. We watched the Village the other night. Not what one would think. Very good though.

Hey all, I'm leavin on a jet plane...

Yes, I'm goin to Florida, the plane reservations are booked and my sister Rose and I are off to drywall my other sister's new house March 10 through the 15th. Yipee...blue skies, ocean waters here I come!

Later...
Closed Thread