Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 04:59 PM   #76  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi Christina, Thank-you for the birthday wishes...

I am usually the one who begins new threads and I like to go about 8-9 pages before I begin a new one. There are some groups here who have never begun new threads and they go well into the 20's but it's usually 9 for us here. And I will leave a link to the NEW THREAD when I do begin one. I hope I have answered your question. It really shouldn't matter how many pages if you subscribe and then have an e-mail sent to you - all you have to do is click on the link when you get an e-mail, easy. Just follow what Michele / Michypoo wrote a few posts back.

Here is Michele's quoted directions to do that:
Quote:
But to make it so you get an email when there is a new post you do the following:

Go to the purple menu up top and choose: User CP

Then go to: Edit Options

Then go to Messaging & Notificaiton and there's a section for Default Thread Subscription Mode and choose 'Instant email notification' from the pull down. Then you will get an email with a link to the post and you just click on that and you are there.

Sounds complicated, but it isn't. Good luck!
Thanks Michele
girl --- another pound gone!
WooHoo

Later,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-09-2005, 10:52 PM   #77  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Wednesday

HI GALS

Just sitting here stuffed from Angie's fritata...YUM!! We love them around here. tonight was a new one: spinach, feta cheese, onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, oregano and basil. Then the tamale lady came by and I bought a dozen chicken and pork..had to have one while they were hot

Gave blood today after work, took an hour...I am a red cell donor so it takes a little longer to take a couple of pints out and put it back. For awhile they wouldn't let me do it because they said my O neg. was too valuable and they needed it for the premies...as for me I don't care..wherever it does the most good....doesn't really belong to me anyway does it?

Glad to hear you had a happy birthday SUNNYD . Good job on the candles..we use candles almost daily here, Angie is a consultant for Party Lite Candles.

MICHELE You are sure going for that BIGGEST LOOOOSER AWARD!! Good for you. Two headlights at the same time?

Get out and get walkin' WILMA ..you're starting to sound like me....sure would like to go with ya Angie but it's just too...hot/cold/game on/game just over/just opened this beer/I'll go tomorrow/gotta make a call/ah, I just showered/I need to shower..... At least YOU have a good reason. Prayers for DS.

CRAFTYMOM The house we are having built is in Kennewick..is that close to you? It gets cold there too.

MKAY DOMINOES?!! On Superbowl Sunday...ahhhhh! My daughter lives in her boyfriend's grandparents condo with another girl and male friends..plus her boyfriend is always there...they were going to have a party..had the snacks...then the guys decided to go golfing 'cause no one was there and the rates were lower...so she did homework...turned it on for the halftime show then back to homework...now my daughter is not a football fan but likes to watch her old high school games etc....but she said she would have rather driven the hour home and watched with me than all alone...EVEN if she only knew one team playing, the Eagles. How is the "communication" going? Prayers.

SAMI, SPROUT, TEEL, CHRISTALYNN, NANCY , BUNNA , LBSBGONE...and anyone else I forgot...HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Outta here...Gary
Old 02-09-2005, 11:39 PM   #78  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Hi everyone!
I thought I would hop on your thread if that is OK.
Have enjoyed reading all your posts.
Anyway-
Old 02-10-2005, 09:14 AM   #79  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Just a short note before heading off to work. I'm doing well with my eating but still struggling with the walking. I KNOW GARY!!! I'm becoming the excuse lady.

We had our fridge checked out last night. It's dying a slow death. The freezer compartment is now our fridge and we put the frozen stuff outside. It's that cold up here still. We went shopping last night for a new one and found one that suits us. It gets delivered tomorrow. This was an expense we didn't need. We are still renovating our kitchen and have a wedding to pay for. HELP! We'll be fine but it does cause more stress than I need right now.

Way to go Michele. You're doing awesome. What's different about this plan from the others? Keep up the great work.

Welcome Crime girl. Tell us about yourself.

Donna: I'm glad your birthday went well. Sounds like you had a great day. Aren't we blessed to have these guys in our life?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-10-2005, 11:28 AM   #80  

Default Hi all!

I been gone so long no chance catching up, so just start from here. I was so stung out at work ect. that I never found time to post. But things have leveled out some. One of my clients was in the hospital and was having a problem with vomiting, and they put a feeding tube in, which meant she could no longer reside at my community residence. She had to move to a more medical residence. They were going to do a lateral transfer with another client, with out waiting to see if this was a permanent tube, as doc. listed it temporary, and I faught against that happening. I got the ombudsman person involved ect. But to make a long story short she is still be respited in a medical fragile house pending permanent placement if tube becomes permanent. Between all that and Christmas ect. It seemed I popped in to say I didn't have time to post, which seemed pointless. Enough of that. I went to Hawaii in Nov. had wonderful relaxing vacation. I am taking my youth group on amissions trip to virginia in April and have been working on the outfits for the skits they will perform, and been getting ready to go to China in June or July to pick up the baby my sister is adopting. So I guess things haven't slowed down completely enough about me. E.Z. those puppies gotta be big by now. Happy belated b-day sunny you look so happy in your pictures joe did do well with the cake. Wilma- one of your sons must be getting married how exciting! Mitchy sounds like your doing well with your new plan.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #81  

Default continued-

Hi sami- how's all with you! Sprout- Missed your devotions, angel-lover- how you doing?, bunna and everyone else. There are several new people since I was here last. Look forward to getting to know you. I got a new computer was having lots of problems posting on the old, which also added to the fustration, I just recently got serious about dieting again, that had slid as well, but have been doing low fat and low calorie, have lost 15 lbs of what was put on, so going good so far. Its weird this is kind of like coming home. Pray all is well with you. Gotta go to work, just know you were all in my thoughts and prayers, and missed. God Bless Sue

Last edited by doitforme; 02-10-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:49 PM   #82  

Default After Lunch Time

Good Afternoon All.

Welcome Crime Lady! We are quite fun. Hobbies? Kids? Hubby?

EZ- After 2 of my Battlefield of the Minds bible studies and after our life team last Saturday, the light went on regarding my purpose. So, needless to say, I'm becoming more attentive to DH and his needs and what makes him tick and the same at work with friends, etc. I feel God's presence as I go throughout the day.

doitforme- Welcome back after a bit or so. Hawaii...yeah! Sounds good to me.

Michele- I did not get a chance to get Scheryl's thing in the mail. I will be going on the way home to take care of it. It is lovely.

Sunny- Your color my friend is PINK and more PINK! It matches your coloring in your face.

I'm NOT doing good food wise. I think I probably gained back 10 of my lbs. I'm wondering if the Lexapro is making me gain or if it's the food I'm shoving in my mouth. The sun is out today so perhaps I will take myself for a walk after work.

Wilma- At least you're being good about the food. I would LOVE a treadmill or exercise bike.

Well my friends...time to get back to the grind.

Hugs to you...
Old 02-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #83  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I know i posted earlier????......Well...

Crime Girl~Welcome and OF COURSE you can jump on....we'd love to get to know you. What kind of eating plan are you doing? How can pray for you or support you?

Sue~SO HAPPY you came back! You sound very busy and very involved, but please come back and post soon.

Mkay, it's ok, she's not in a huge hurry. I can't wait to see it!

Gary~frittata, yum! And you have a tamale lady? and she delivers? Gosh, you are spoiled.

Going for WI tonight, hope to change my ticker soon!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #84  

Smile Am I seeing things????

*Welcome HOME Sue!!!!!!!!!!*

I didn't think you were ever coming back!?! I am sooooo glad you have! I asked about you often, in hopes you would It's just so good to see you again... I hope you won't stay away as long next time!!!

Boy-o-boy, you sure have been busy!! Your trip to Hawaii sounded wonderful... we've never been. Maybe one day...

So you are going on a misson trip in April with the kids --- I so missed hearing about your trips and costume making for the kids! You should have popped in - even if it was brief - I was worried about you!

Angel doesn't post much on here, but I stay in touch with her and she could use some prayers... she has been having some back problems that is taking it's toll on her health. Please keep her in your *prayers*

WooHoo WooHoo

You have lost 15 lbs.!!! Great job! I too am on a Low Fat program and do very well on it... I am so happy for you that you are having such good results too.

It's so good to see you again, Sue!
I missed you!
Can you tell
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-10-2005, 02:20 PM   #85  

Smile

Michele, Fingers Crossed for tonight's weigh-in!

*Welcome Crime Girl* Why have you chosen that username... if I may ask? Sure you can come on in - this thread welcomes all

Hi Wilma, Yes, Yes, Yes... we are! Nuff said

Hi Gary, Thank you again for all your prayers and cute birthday graphics Joe & I had a great day together

Joe gives blood quite often too --- I do when I am well enough to, sometimes I come up anemic and they won't let me (even though I am on iron). He always feels better when he gives, heath-wise... do you?

As usual... your dinner sounded wonderful!!

MKay, Thank you so much... my mother loves me in pink too. My father likes me in Red with my fair skin and dark hair - he loves red period

How have YOU been these days? Making any jewelry for craft fairs coming up in the Spring?

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-10-2005, 02:28 PM   #86  

Smile

Me again...
I fought a terrible hang-over headache... all this morning... I finally caved and took a migraine pill, so it was gone within 20 minutes after I took it. I hate taking them (the pills), but it works! I wait till I cannot take the pain any longer to take it - even though I know I shouldn't.

Today we are getting snow - pretty - (huge snow flakes), but I don't think we'll get allot. We are having problems here with ice dams causing floods in our area too... it's really bad! It's not hitting Joe & I directly,
but it's all around us.

I have lots to be done, just haven't done it yet. I did run the vacuum yesterday and got the house cleaned up, but I have so much to get done in this office and I find that all I accomplish is "shutting the door"
so I don't have to look at it

I had a frustrating day the other day with the computer, downloaded the New Norton Anti-Virus 2005 program and it changed allot of settings to protect me from bugs and virus' --- it's a great program, but frustrating... thank goodness I got it all sorted out. Some days I have such *Love / Hate* feelings about this computer!

Great shows on tonight *CSI-Vegas* *Without a Trace* & *ER* --- I enjoy Thrusday evenings

Later...
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-10-2005, 05:49 PM   #87  

Default Devotional for Dieters for February 10, 2005

February 10

Revelation 21:7
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Being thin is a wonderful goal. Regaining health and vigor is also great. Looking and feeling good are important, but both pale in comparison with how good it is to please the Lord by being the best people we can be. When we diet, we not only gain physically, but also spiritually. Resisting temptation tones our spiritual being as well as dieting tones our physical being. When we reach our goal in our diet, we reach a second goal, as well: We do what is pleasing to God. When we are faithful to do the will of the Lord, we can rest assured that we have an eternal home with Him.
Today's thought: Dieting makes me a spiritual overcomer as well as a physical overcomer!
Old 02-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #88  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny~ A hang over??!!!! Well, i'm glad you got rid of that migraine. They are no fun. Do you not like the side-effects of the medication, why wait so long? I take Maxalt and don't have any side-effects, maybe ask your dr. for a sample.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #89  

Talking

Michele... you silly goose --- a FOOD / SUGAR HANG-OVER! I can't/don't drink, so what else could it be You make me laugh so hard sometimes...

As for the headache - it's all gone now. I got it from enjoying too much cake and then having NOTHING with sugar. The withdrawal makes me get a headache... changing my BP. I am fine now and my BP is normal (I have my own machine).

We got a good 4 inches of snow today --- did you get any?

Thanks Sprout!

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-10-2005, 06:21 PM   #90  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Well............I didn't think you drank, but you said.......I fought a terrible hang-over headache... Oh no, i'm getting really literal......i'm turning into my mother.......acckkk...

We had a dusting of snow this a.m. but not today. But we may tonight and then it's going to be 49-50 tomorrow! Weird winter. You should go make snow angels...

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 02-10-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Closed Thread