Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #46  

Default Hi All

Craftymom-
The way I do it (since this is the only place I post on this web site)is now that I'm on this particular page, I go to my favorites up on the main toolbar and when the side window appears, select Add and once it come up with a name in another smaller window hit enter and it's now in your favorites and you will never have to type in the web site. Now, pretend you are just getting online and you want to go to this site. Just go up to the Favorites and once the side window comes down, select the 3fat chicks and presto chango you are there. Now, remember, this is the only place I post. I hope this is somewhat helpful to you and I'm sorry if it's not quite what you are looking for. Hugs, Mary Kay

Oh, when Sunny starts a new thread, it will say click here to go to the new thread and she posts it quite large not to miss it.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:51 PM   #47  
Phil 4:8

mckay
thanks for the help. i have gotten all of what you told me done. it's once it get to 3FC i have the problem. usuall i hit forum. if i have a message. it takes me to that. then when i want to go to post something is when i have problems. i hit qucik links, then new posts. i don't know if thats the way to start or not. say i find go to christian encouragers. there are lots of different #s. which is the right one. sometime i end up on a page that says sticky. i don't see where you post. i dont' know what some of the abbriviations mean. i what like what you had in the private message. i am diebetic and have fibromyalgia. i will revise it to fit me. i weigh once a week on monday. you have been a great help. have a great evening. i'm open to any more help as far as navigating in 3FC.
kind regards
mary
Old 02-05-2005, 10:32 AM   #48  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Craftymom Mary~when you go to quick links, go to Subscribedthreads instead. Then it'll show you the latest threads you were on. And when we end a thread Sunny always puts a link to the new thread that you just have to click on. Then when you are on the new thread you can go to Thread Tools menu and subscribe to it OR another way to automatically subscribe is to post to the new thread, then it's done automatically.

Are you getting an email sent to you when someone else posts to the thread? If not, you might want to change your preferences to send you an email when someone posts and THAT email will give you a direct link to the current thread.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:19 PM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

CRAFTYMOM-- This is what I did: I got to 3FC home page...clicked on forum...put that page in my favorites, it is the one that says ANNOUNCEMENTS...so I just click on my favorites, announcement page comes up..I scroll down to SUPPORT GROUPS...click on FAITH BASED support groups and look for the first Christian Encouragers site. I probably just confused you more didn't I?
Luck to ya- Gary
Old 02-06-2005, 10:04 AM   #50  

Hello a quick message before I leave for Church. Today I did my WI and I have now lost 23 lbs!!!!!!!! I got my hair cut and it is so cute I will have to get one of my kids to take a picture so I can show you. Sorry I haven't been on here much but I have been doing..................My workouts!!!! and the tanning thing and I am left with no time after dinner and homework.

Craftymom-I am a dibetic and I have the fibro also. My Dr started me on b-6 3x aday and I can't tell you how much better I feel. I work out everyday but I just move I only add strenght twice a week because it still causes me a lot of pain. I have lowered my bloodsugar so much by this I have gone off my insulin pill and my daily dibetic drug. I have also noticed my bloodpressure is down so I am hoping with a little more weight I can at least cut back. I feel all the drugs I have been on have cause my weight gain. So the more I get off the better. What does your Dr. have you doing for your fibro?

Ez-My two youngest are now playing basketball and yesterday both had two games at the sametime in the same Gym! Molli at least once in every game has gotten the ball and gave it to the OTHER team! And Ashli spent most of her time running from the ball.

Sunny,Mkay,Mitchy,Bunna,Christalynn-How are your diets going? Sorry I haven't been around much. I will try to been a better.

Prayers are with you all!
Old 02-06-2005, 10:47 AM   #51  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wow Sami! 23 LBS!!!! Way to go!! You sound very busy but you keep up the good work.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #52  

Default Checkin in

Have been keeping up with reading all the posts, holding everyone up in prayers but not been posting - guess I have been what is called a 'lurker' for a bit.

Anyway, all is going not to bad here. Stilling having some difficulty with the son (he will be 17 tomorrow) but am learning how to deal with him somewhat better. Realizing that due to his disabilities some of what he is doing he can't seem to help, but when he doesn't seem to be even trying - that is the part that gets me. The teachers this year are now seeing what I have been dealing with for some time - a young man that has a lot of potential but just doesn't want to apply it at all - he keeps 'harping' on letting him have a house key - we keep saying 'not a chance' - he is not showing responsibility to come home when asked so if we gave in to a key he would never be home when asked - there are so many issues that we are dealing with him - just pray that we can hold it together for the next 24 months - till his 19th birthday - at which time should this behavior still be as it is we can 'legally wit no consequences coming back on us because of his age ask him to leave'. Sounds terrible but I think when that time comes maybe we will have a chance to have a lot more pleasant 'visits' with him.

The weight has been going the wrong direction but think I have gotten a handle on it now. Rather than looking at the big picture am doine something small each day that will lead to good results down the road - such as getting in enough water each day, eating a tossed salad each day and 30 minutes of exercise each day. I was having trouble getting in 8 glasses of water (4 bottles) as I was only getting in 2 bottles (4 glasses) so my goal now is to get in 3 bottles and work up from there.

Also working on a 1 pound loss for each week - helps me keep focus without thinking of food all the time.

Had a very good service at church today - was communion - our new pastor (we have had him now for 2 months) is really something - the church is filling up more and more each week as he is really bringing them in.

Another note - we are looking at buying a pup - a Sheltie (looks like a small Collie but is actually a bred of itself called Shetland Sheepdog). We have raised these types of dogs in the past - the local breeder had pups 3 weeks ago - and in 3 weeks we will be going to have a look at them - she has 4 from one litter (2 boys, 2 girls) and 4 from the other litter (2 boys, 2 girls). We would prefer a girl but she is not sure if the girls will go as 'pets' or as 'show' - and the show ones are out of our reach money wise ($1,500) but the pet would be $500. She believes one of the males will go as a pet as he looks like he will be oversized. So we are excited about that

Have a good day everyone
Old 02-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #53  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Sunday Night

HI LADIES

Well, the SUPERBOWL and football is over for the year ...Angie is justa smilin' away!! ...I think she forgot spring training for baseball starts this month..AND..basketball is still going Nephews EAGLES lost but he wasn't too bummed out.

Talked to the builder on the house in Washington on friday and they started the framing on the walls friday and will start the roof on Monday, weather permitting...which is fine..EXCEPT the real estate lady was supposed to keep us informed on the progress so we could plan..we have to go up to finalize colors, etc. We had told them no hurry on our house since we wouldn't be moving up for over a year anyway...we knew plans had gone through the city but we didn't think any actual work had been started...we were planning on going up the last week of March or so..he said NOPE by the last 2 weeks of February he will need to know our particulars...oh well.

Sat behind a gentleman in church today that I have known for years, bible studied with for 2 years just 3 years ago...could NOT remember his last name or his wife's name...scary!! So nice to get old Are you listening DONNA ?

Well it's late, gonna check out and get the pork chops ready for the crock-pot in the morning.

OH YEA--WAY TO GO SAMI!!!! and by the way, on the basketball game, I just love kids that SHARE!! I remember one game at softball for my step-daughter, she made about 10 errors and totally lost the game pretty much single handily...we kidded her that the other team named her MVP..most valuable player.

Prayers, Gary
Old 02-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #54  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Gooooooooooood Monday Morning...

Hi CER's... I wonder if will I ever catch up
I didn't think I was gone that long

First off... What a great Super Bowl this Sunday Did anyone have friends over to watch the game? We had our buds over with their kids & ate, & ate & ate I served Bar-B-Que'd pulled beef sandwiches, turkey roll-ups in pieta bread, a veggie tray, Valentine M & M's, Cookies, Rice Krispies Squares (just gotta have those sweet treats for the kids ), Baked Chips, Pretzels, Been Dip and Rice crackers & Shrimp & sauce (yum!) --- and OUR PATRIOTS WON!!!!

Sorry Gary & the nephew

Forgive me while I take a moment to bask

I have been sooo very busy... I just had so much to get done this past week - and all at once!! Have you guys ever begun one project to find yourself up to your neck in another... it's like a Domino effect It all began with us buying storage bins on Monday for all my Decorations... Joe had the day off for our dental appointments & we went shopping afterwards. Tuesday I began cleaning things up to store decorations and such and then went into another project and into another and I had to get it done so things would be in my hallway or in my living-room... I am still not finished, but gone enough done for the moment to give it a week or two of rest before I begin again. I also had a deadline Friday to e-mail everyone with the music lists - I am in charge of selecting music for the musicians at our church for each month and I was way behind in getting started. But I did get it finished and even got it done for next month too! So now I am all set till the end of March What a relief!

Joe & I also got our taxes done Thursday night too - so I was so brain dead by 9pm. We mailed that off Friday morning - nice to know we'll be getting a bit back this year Oh... and I had to make a couple cards too... a friend is moving and another is ill. That took me a bit of time to do too... I enjoy embellishing them.

I still haven't paid my bill's this week! I usually do that each Thursday, but with so much to get done this week I have neglected *us*. I will squeak in a couple hours today... I have too! We went out to dinner with our friends Saturday evening to celebrate my 48th birthday together... we always have the best time out with them!! We went to Longhorn steakhouse My birthday is actually this Tuesday and my hubby, Joe, is going to take off that day too We will probably catch a movie out being it's going to rain and then that evening we are going out to dinner together at our favorite family restaurant... you know... the kind of place where everyone knows your name

*~*~*

Sami, You are just doing so well... I just couldn't be happier for you!!! Keep up the wonderful job! How much weight do you have to lose?? Me... I haven't lost anymore, just keeping it at bay... in other words... stuck on a plateau again, but I know that if I keep on truckin' it will come off again. Another reason you are dropping is because you are tanning... when I use to tan (I worked at a tanning salon) I dropped quite a bit of weight too --- it seems to speed up your metabolism Enjoy!

on your 23 lbs gone forever!!!

Gary, as I stated earlier... we had a super day yesterday. The game began a little slow with allot of penalties on the Patriots but they came through We enjoyed that it was a close game - made it exciting

How exciting for you and Angie to have a brand new home built just the way you want it... when you go to check it out don't forget your camera --- I wanna see to

Ohhhh... don't you worry... I am already feeling *age* smarty-pants It creeps up on you like a shadow on a sidewalk that is extra wide (like you want to see that!) I use to have a very quick mind when it came to names and now search frantically when I see someone or cave and humbly ask again. Getting older is quite an adjustment for sure, but I don't mind... I'm here to enjoy life

Michele, We were in the 50's all weekend with SUNSHINE too --- we had 7 days of sunshine here!! And believe me - I took it all in!!! I cannot believe how much better I feel with the sun is shining out and you can hear and see the birds coming to the feeders... hopeful for Spring

13 lbs down!!! *Awesome GIRL!!!!*

I just couldn't be happier for you and for Sami... I am stuck! Haven't budged, but then I have had a few parties lately & been to allot as well Did you make it to the gym as you hoped to?

I am so sorry that you received some calls after midnight the other day --- but at least they had YOU at the other end to help them.

MKay, sorry you lost your post again... now that I write in my e-mail first (just as if I were sending one off) & then just do a copy and paste to the forum when I am finished - I don't worry about losing mine anymore. I lose the post all the time here too, but then I just go back to my e-mail copy and paste again and tah dah - not nearly as much frustration. I think they are having problems, allot of people have been losing their posts lately...

How was your weekend? Did you have a nice dinner Friday evening with your dear hubby? I pray for you both all the time

Sprout, it's always so good to hear from you... Happy 17th Birthday wishes for your DS... I do hope that life gets better for him and for you both too. His age is a tough age for you and for him to get through, but you will. Continued Prayers

That's the way to handle your weight-loss, Marilyn! Good for you! One small step at a time... the stress of your family life does not help at all, but YOU CAN WORK PASSED IT *One MOMENT* at a time... a 1 lb loss a week is good --- the slow but sure method. Keep up the great job, know that you are in my prayers each and every day {{{Hugs}}}

Good luck looking for a new puppy

Teel, How are you feeling these days? You have been pretty quiet lately and I always enjoy reading your posts

On-my-weigh, what is happening to you sweetie? All going well with your pregnancy?!?

Christalynn, how did things go with your Taiwan friend?

Angie-Wangie, where are you?

Sherry? You stopped in giving us hope that you were back and then just disappeared again... what happened?

Bunna???? Where did you go to? I do hope that you are feeling okay?!

and Sue!!! Where has our Sue gone??? I miss hearing about your camping and kids

Healthy, How are you these days? Hanging in there girl?

I sure do miss *ALL* you guys that haven't been back!!!

*~*~*

Hope all you other Lurkers and MIA's know that even though you are not posting... I still pray for you!

I have my list in the morning for prayers and your names are on it

Do stop in when you get a moment
and let us know how life is treating you

Have a *GREAT Day* CER's
{{{Hugs}}}

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 02-07-2005, 10:34 AM   #55  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Yeah!!!! Sunny is Back!! Sounds like you had a good Super Bowl Sunday.

Oh, i'm gonna have to post at lunch, no time now. But Hi to all!
Old 02-07-2005, 12:51 PM   #56  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny~I did make it to the gym after work on Sat. and I have a goal to go there 2x this week. And I go Wed. to PT and have to do my circuit gym and i'm graded on it, and then I'm done with that! But I still have to continue doing the circuit and abdominal and hamstring stretches, and basically keep on exercising for my back.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #57  

Default Monday Monday...

Hi Everyone!

Sunny...It's sunny when you post. Don't leave for that long again...ya hear?

Sprout and Michele...I'm so wonderfully happy for you both. Now I need to get a grip. I wonder if the new med Lexapro is making me feel fat and puffy.

EZ...sorry to say but we played dominoes with some friends all through the SB game.

I think we stayed up too late last night. I stayed home today from work. I can't say I was sick...just tired and I didn't have anything to do at work today. I was just about to pay bills, got on line to ck my account and though...why not go visit my friends on line? I wonder if I have a little ADD myself.

Well, I'm going to go finish with bills. Bye for now! Hugs to you all!

MK
Old 02-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #58  

Smile

Hello again

Thanks Michele, Good for you... getting to the gym Saturday and being almost done with PT Don't stop with your stretches now --- those are what's helping you with your back, not to mention how great your weigh-loss is for it too Joe stretches every morning for his back and he says it really does help him get through a day.

I am going to get in my walking today, but was delayed, thanks to my computer. Nothing you do on here is easy anymore --- I just bought a new Norton Anti-Virus and installed it this morning (the old one was due to expire tomorrow) after I posted to you all and have been on here ever since! Trying to get my e-mail to accept Incoming and Outgoing mail again... whew When I installed the new security it listed my IncrediMail as a potential security problem and so I couldn't get into it. I finally figured how to get into the new Norton Program and get it to accept my ISP server & IncrediMail... what a pain in the behind. But now it's working again, but I am plumb tuckered out I think I will go lay down for about 15 - 20 minutes with my Zeppe kitty and then I will go get in a walk while watching a recorded program I haven't seen yet. Joe & I are home tonight and we are just having left-overs from all the food I had in the house yesterday.

Hi MKay, Bill's! h my goodness, I totally forgot I had to get them done today too... I got so caught up in fixing what the Norton Security did ~ so much for my nap

How was your weekend? Did you have a nice dinner Friday evening with your dear hubby? I pray for you both all the time

Feel Better {{{Big Hugs}}}

Time for me to go... I have bill's to pay & a vacuum to run
{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

Old 02-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #59  

Default I'm so glad I found this....

New to the group, been doing a lot of reading. I am so glad I found a group where I can praise God till my hearts content, I started this weight lose diet a week ago today in fact, and I'm down three pounds not tons, but it makes me feel good. I guess I should tell you my name its nancy, married, mom of one grown daughter, and two delightful grandchildren one of each.I've been blessed. Well, just wanted to say Hi, and hope to post more.
nancy
Old 02-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #60  

Smile

*WELCOME* to our thread Finally Ready / Nancy
It's always nice to have someone new stop in...
Come again and tell us a bit about yourself
You sound delightful

What do you like to do for hobbies? Do you work?

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Closed Thread