Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 AM   #541  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Praying for all needs.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #542  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi -- just got back from the vet and it was Sissy's knee. The vet. put it back in place and hopefully it will stay there. I am going to continue giving her the Rimadyl for another 5 to 7 days and also they gave me Tramadol to give her for pain. The vet. also suggested that I get some glucosamine/chondroitin for people and give her a dose for her size. So we are going to check into that too. They want her to take 500mg glucosamine and 400mg chondroitin for 6 weeks then 1/2 that dose daily. She weighs a great big 7.4 pounds now! So I feel better knowing what is wrong and that I'm doing the right thing for her. If it should keep happening (which it hasn't any in the last year) we will probably be looking at knee surgery for her. Thanks for all the prayers.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #543  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

Sending up prayers for everyone here.

We started Al-Anon last week. I have been to two mtgs. I just can't get why losing his family, ever the thought of it, won't make him go get help. I just don't get it. It's hard to understand him "living" this way, and I use that term loosely, because that won't last for long. My SIL took the kids to her Mom's last night. Not sure what's going to happen from here. He won't go see his therapist like he's supposed to and he won't to to a treatment center. It's like he keeps thinking he can do this on his own. You can see that's working REAL well. I just have to let go and let God. I told Him this morning that he was out of my hands and I released my brother to Him. It's so hard not to try controlling things, even when you know you have no control.

I will continue to pray for everyone here. (((HUGS))) to all of you.
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #544  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hi chicks & roosters,
If all of you can send a few prayers up for my FIL, I'd appreciate it & also for my girlfriend who needs a new kidney ASAP & is climbing up the transplant list, hopefully she get's a new kidney soon! I know prayer is a powerful thing..
Bless you all! & my prayers go out for all of you also

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 12-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #545  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

KAREN ~ glad you know for sure what it is now; ^prayers^ that SISSY continues to get better -- I have a bad knee, so I know how that feels ...

URSULA ~ ^prayers^ continue for your BROTHER and his family ...

WENDALYN ~ ^prayers^ on the way for your FIL, and for your friend as well ... btw, congrats on maintaining your WL for so long!

Prayer Request ~ this one's for me: I developed the start of bladder infection over the weekend; took some Vitamin C and cranberry juice (half water); and the pain has subsided so far. Doc wants me to drop off a U-sample tomorrow, but I hope it goes away soon. I used to get these when I was a kid but so far, they have always gone away with Vitamin C, so we'll see.

I was thinking about and praying for DEE and her bladder infection over the last while too; hope she is having some success with that ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-05-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:43 PM   #546  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula745 View Post
Sending up prayers for everyone here.

We started Al-Anon last week. I have been to two mtgs. I just can't get why losing his family, ever the thought of it, won't make him go get help. I just don't get it. It's hard to understand him "living" this way, and I use that term loosely, because that won't last for long. My SIL took the kids to her Mom's last night. Not sure what's going to happen from here. He won't go see his therapist like he's supposed to and he won't to to a treatment center. It's like he keeps thinking he can do this on his own. You can see that's working REAL well. I just have to let go and let God. I told Him this morning that he was out of my hands and I released my brother to Him. It's so hard not to try controlling things, even when you know you have no control.

I will continue to pray for everyone here. (((HUGS))) to all of you.
The sad but true fact for some alcoholics they must lose everything before they seek help. I am praying for your brother and praying that he has lost enough and it is time to get help.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #547  

Karen , glad Sissy is on the mend and hope she will not need surgery.
Wendalyn, both your requests are on my prayer list.
Rosebud, praying that you will get relief, I have had this before and know how much pain goes with it. Keep on with the cranberry juice.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #548  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Prayers offered up for Wendalyn's FIL and GF, and for Rosebud. Thank you for your prayers. My bladder infection is improving.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #549  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers continue and adding ROSEBUD's condition and WENDALYN's FIL and grilfriend....

I had a friend receive a kidney just weeks ago....touch and go at times but doing well today.

Prayers for all.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #550  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello. Just arrived and can't possibly read through all the posts, but went through some of them and am praying; also praying for the needs here I haven't read but God knows what they are.

I would appreciate prayer too. I am in a very difficult situation which I am not free to share specifics of, but it is hard not to let it drag me down. Generally I am a very upbeat, happy person but am finding it more and more difficult to maintain that in my circumstances. Thanks to all who are kind enough to say a prayer for me. May God bless each and every one of you in this thread.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #551  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Prayers for all those in need. And thanks again for the prayers for my Sissy... Have a good night.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #552  

Misti, praying that you will find peace.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #553  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks a lot, bargoo... your prayers are encouraging as I get up to go face some of the struggles.

Sending up prayers for you too, this morning.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #554  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Prayers sent for Misti.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #555  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MISTI ~ ^Prayers^ on the way for you at this time ...

THANKS for all your prayers for me, I am feeling much better (all pain has gone away, and condition improving well); but I am still taking my Vitamin C and drinking my pure cranberry juice mix (will keep that up for a while to be sure).

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-06-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote