Old 05-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #316  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

KAREN ~ Prayers going up for you & your family & everyone in southwest Missouri; and praying that the weather settles down tonight too.

BARGOO ~ you're quite welcome ...

THANKS ... for all your prayers and encouragement regarding the purchase of our new home; we're praying that all will go well and smoothly for everyone involved.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-22-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:11 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Please pray for me that I will lose this weight, and be faithful to God that He is helping me through this journey. Also, please pray for my thyroid, as I have many of the symptoms of hypothyroidism, and do not have a job or health insurance to take actions to get this checked. I know it can lead to a dangerous situation, so I am just trying to exercise and eat right.

Thank you in advance!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello and Thanks to all for their thoughts and prayers. My family stayed safe through this storm. My sisters's Mother-in-law passed away during the week before the storm, her visitatiion was on Sunday with the services scheduled for Monday. My sister, her husband and family would have all been at their regular church service if the tornado had just hit a half hour later, the church was completely destroyed. Her husbands brother and his wife were staying at the mother-in-laws house when the storm hit, they rode out the storm in an inner bathroom while the walls of the house were completely torn away, the house completely destroyed. They were safe. It was so scary for everyone. Stories like this all over Joplin. But the rebuilding has already started and so many people helping people! Our home wasn't in the storms path we just had some high winds but we had no damage. Gosh, we have so many things to be Thankful for! Just wanted to update you and let you know we are all OK.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #319  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BEILA ~ Do you not have any Free Clinics in your area? Have sent up ^PRAYERS^ for you concerning your health as well. Let's PRAISE GOD for all the many blessings HE has sent our way; and for our good health that we do have -- plus may HE show us what HE wants us to learn through this journey ...

KAREN ~ PRAISE GOD -- that everyone is safe & sound: that's the most important thing ... we now pray that GOD will help everyone rebuild their homes & lives; and that church once again. We can learn so much as we band together to help one another during & these scary times ...

^PRAYERS^ continue for you & yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #320  

Check out this link. The Picadilly Circus was scheduled to be in Joplin to do a show.. needless to say there is no place left to do a show right now so this is what they have been doing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NNmG_a46SlE

Pretty Cool if you ask me.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Karen my heart goes out to all and so thankful for your safety and all your family and others safety. Never been in a tornado but I am scared to death that I will be, I want my husband to dig a cellar so bad! One hit F -5 just 3 miles from us one time! praying for all.
Praying Beila for you.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #322  

WOW! That elephant was getting with it! Hope they protect his feet from nails and glass trying to help others, looked like he stepped on a nail, did he?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #323  

No, they were just showing the size of his feet. There were actually a couple different elephants helping out. I thought it was pretty nice of them to do.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #324  

It is an awesome thing to do!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #325  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Continued prayers for Joplin and all other cities where natural disasters have taken so many in recent days.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #326  
amber

S/C/G: 320/365/220

Height: 5'5"

So, I've been asking God to teach me how to trust him. Should be careful what i ask for huh? lol Anyways my cat of 9 years got out on may 28th, the love of my life. And then our other cat about a week later seemed to have a stroke- eyes rolling, head tilting, couldn't walk, falling into walls etc. I was praying and so angry cause my cat who is like my child is lost, and the other I thought we were going to have to put down. So, I kept praying. And in my nightly prayers I prayed to learn to trust and it was so clear to me.

As small as losing one cat and another possibly dying - I prayed teach me to trust and have faith and he said what do you think I'm doing now? Anyways, the cat we thought had a stroke was only a bad ear infection, so now I'm TRYING to trust he'll get my baby boy back home to me.

So, though some people don't understand how a human can love an animal so much and it may seem unimportant my heart is completely broken. If anyone could pray for my baby boy Moe to get home, it'd really help. I also quit praying to learn to trust and have more faith, I'm just starting to try it out.
Thank you,
amber
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #327  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

amber, praying that baby boy Moe will find his way home.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:40 AM   #328  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

There was a tragic situation in Northern California last week . Two San Franciso firefighters lost there lives in a house fire. I watched the funeral on TV. I didn't know them but felt I did after watching this nearly four hour service. It was heartbreaking. Please pray for the Perez and Valerio families as they try to move forward after losing their loved family member.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Amber,
I will be praying for your baby boy Moe to get home. I certainly understand your feelings. My dogs have been my babies all my life and we had one missing for a few days and I was just sick. She was found and I pray your Moe is found also.

God understands all our feelings whether it seems big or small. He is the God of miracles. Please keep us posted.
Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #330  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers for you and Moe, Amber.

As the father of 2 grown children, 1 step-daughter and granddaughter AND 2 golden retrievers I can understand your pain right now.

May our Father look over you and Moe.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote