Setting Captives Free - The Lords Table - Page 9 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 06-08-2007, 03:43 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy my dear sweet sister in Christ! It is almost 3am and I work up and started thinking about you! I worried you would take my post wrong and be hurt. OH how relieved was to read your post in response to Danas and Mine. I was so happy and I rejoice and Praise GOD! Thats my girl!
Know that you will always have a friend in me and with all us girls here on this thread! God has begun a good work in us all and we will stay the course and we shall not be moved, like trees planted by the streams of water! AMEN!
We are daughters of the most High God. I love thinking about that! The King of Kings loves us!
I will never know why God loves me??? But OH I am so glad He does!!!!!

I agree with Wonderfully Created, try the eat only when hungry. If the scales are not moving ever. I am sure that will work. For truly that is How the Master created our body to work anyway! That was a very good piece of wisdom. As Dana says... what have you got to lose?
Nothing but Heavy chains of bondage, and lots of pounds of adipose tissue!
I love you so much Tracy and I am so glad you are here and that you are my sister and friend! In Christ Gwyn

gonnabehealthy you are sooooooooooo right! As long as we keep it then it is ours but if we do it for Him and turn it all over to Him and let go and let God He takes over the whole kitten kaboddle! You go girl! keep up the good work! Love in Christ, your sis and friend, Gwyn

MyGirlFriday you are welcome! Thanks for saying thanks. I apprecaited your thoughtful comments.

Javamommy first of all let me say this

So glad you are here with us! No matter how rough or tough it may get at times, you just hang on and stay the course! Never quit, Never give up! or
Just kidding! But we will all do our best with the guidence of the Holy Spirit support you and LOVE YOU!
Keep posting and God Be With You as you take your place at the Lord's Table. In Christ, Your Sis and new friend, Gwyn

DanaK. You are wonderful and I am so glad you are here. I love your wisdom that the Lord God has blessed you with. We need you here! Thank you for coming and being our friend! You are so sweet and loving!
Thank you for all your kind words and encouragment!
Love in Christ, Your friend and Sister Gwyn

Well my son Adam finally calmed down!
I get so emotionally drained when that happens which has been quite a lot lately!
My husband and I put dug a huge flower garden and I mean huge! He took the sod off and then turned over the soil and I sat in my wheel chair and hoed, hoed and hoed some more. I hoed for 8 solid hours only to take a few breaks no longer then 5 minutes. Boy did I get my exercise! It is lovely full of day lilies, different kinds of coleus, multi colored petunias and coarl impatients. I was positive I would have big blisters on my hands, since I have not done any hard labor like that in more then 7 years! But Praise Be To God He spared me and my hands are just fine! Not one blister! I am not even sore. Indiana clay is very, very hard to break up and I was sure that I would suffer, SORELY!!! but NO, JESUS Blessed me! TO GOD BE THE GLORY GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!
I love you all and thank you for your love and prayers.
Love in Christ, your friend and Sister Gwyn
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:07 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 171.5/166.5/138

Height: 5'3"

Default So glad I found you all!

Ah, I'm thrilled to have found others who are doing TLT. I'm actaully on my second time throught the 60 day course, finished day 23 this morning. It's been such a struggle and I need more accountability. I hope that this forum will help with the accountability! The entire time on TLT I've only lost a couple of pounds. Started at 171.5 and was so excited to get to 166.5 last week, just to bump back up to 168 this week!!! It can be frustrating, I'm eating the least amount of food I've ever eaten in my life and expect decent losses and then the scale gives me nothing! Can't seem to get 3 weeks of consecutive losses under my belt. TLT asks for weekly weigh-in, and I keep my own little chart. Looking over it, I've never gotten below 168 and never get any more than two consecutive losses! Am I in bondage or what?!?!
FlowerWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #123  

Default Had to a tracker. . . .

All of your posts looked so fancy -- I just had to go and get a tracker and add it. . .so now I have something pretty too! Spent too much time on the tracker and my 1 1/2 year old is up -- need to get her and feed her breakfast -- have a good day all! Today is my fast day and could some prayers -- I'll do the same for you!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #124  
Eternal Optimist

S/C/G: 173/164.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody, and welcome to the new folks! It's great to see so many of us learning the same things at TLT. I just finished day 6. It's been interesting to read those old familiar Scripture passages, only to see them in a new light. At our next Communion Sunday, sharing in the body and blood of Christ will take on a whole new meaning.

My husband came home yesterday from a week long trip. I've been on vacation from work during that time, enjoying an at-home silent retreat. It's been such a blessing, and I'm a bit anxious about returning to the "real" world. But I feel God's really spoken to me during this quiet, alone time. I realize I need to slow the busyness of my daily life and make time for him.

It's easy to bounce from one commitment and responsibility to another, all day long, just reacting like I'm caught in a pinball machine. No wonder I've felt empty and searching. I've felt more peace since beginning this study, and I pray it continues now that my "retreat" is coming to an end. Hubby is home now (Friday), and next Monday I'll return to the good ol' hectic workplace with all its stress and negative attitudes. I need to carry this peace within me, and I see that I need a healthy, daily "meal" of Jesus to do that.

Thanks for taking the time to be here, everyone. The support and encouragement are wonderful!

Love in Christ -
Dana K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 174/147/145

Thanks Gwen for the welcome!

I really need the acountability. I just finished day 2 on TLT, plus I feel really great physically KNOWING I am following God's will. The guilt I felt from overindulging made me feel heavier. I was excited to see I had lost 2 pounds this morning on the scale. I'm hoping they were'nt just water and pick them back up tomorrow. LOL! I think it's been a week that I have been obeying to God and following my body's hunger pains.

God Bless You!

Angela
Javamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 276/270/150

Height: 5'5"

I have another dilemma. Today when I got my reply back from my support person from TLT her advice was to start over again at day one! Now I really am frustrated because it feels like I have wasted a month. Should I just carry on or go back and see if I get motivated from the beginning?

Tracy

PS-Gwyn and Dana-Thank you so much for the support you have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Also welcome to all the new people-this is a great forum-I'd be lost without it.

Blessings to you all.

Tracy
Tracy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #127  
Eternal Optimist

Happy Saturday, everybody. It's day 7 for me on TLT; my first weigh-in. I lost 4 pounds this week and since beginning the course; 10 pounds overall. Yay! Truly, I don't feel I've been "controlling" anything at all, so give God the glory he deserves for this miracle. I can't remember the last time I lost 10 pounds.

Tracy, it sounds like you've really been struggling with The Lord's Table. What do you think is going on? Sometimes we're simply not ready to willingly give up our addiction (and I say this from personal experience). We want to be free from its consequences, but we really love it in our lives. How did you feel when you started? Hopeful? Motivated? Did that change, and when? How do you feel about your mentor? Do you think she has anything to do with your feelings? Do you feel the course is helpful, and do you want to keep going with it - or even restarting, as your mentor suggested? By the way, what was her reason for doing so? It sounds like you need to evaluate whether you really feel committed to the course and believe it has value for you. Whether or not you restart the course, your 31 days have deepened your faith, and that's not a waste - no way! The course isn't going anywhere, whether you choose to restart, continue as is, or pause for now. And this group isn't going anywhere, either.

I know, I know... "thank you, Dr. Dana"! Sorry, I can get carried away. I just love to help folks work things through.

Have a wonderful evening and continued blessings on the journey.

Love in Christ -
Old 06-10-2007, 12:03 AM   #128  

i'm so frustrated right now. I've done pretty good so far today. I wasn't hungry for breakfast so I skipped it. For lunch I had leftover taco salad, which I actually ate a bit more than I needed. When dinner came around the family wanted pizza, so when it came, I was still NOT HUNGRY from lunch. YIPPEE! So anyways now it's 9:00 and I"M STILL NOT PHYSICALLY hungry, but I'm thinking "you should eat" I did day 3 of TLT, I enjoyed it. My hubby and kids and I went for a drive after dinner, I've been PRAYING like crazy for God to take these thoughts out of my head. Lord PLEASE! It's almost bed time, If I WAS hungry I'd eat, but I"M NOT. But these thoughts of food is KILLING ME! I know ITS JUST THE FLESH, I am one with the spirit. God is with me and will carry me through!

Thanks for letting me vent...

God Bless,

Angela
Old 06-10-2007, 08:41 AM   #129  
Eternal Optimist

Good morning, Angela. By now you've made it through the night. How'd it go? It can be tough to turn off our old thought processes. I really think a lot of our compulsive eating (and all the thoughts & behaviors around it) becomes habit, and we all know that habits are hard to break.

On the other hand, it's natural for your physical body to want nourishment, even if your spirit is satisfied. It' simply reminding you that it's missing all those calories! These are early days for us to change so dramatically. Be patient with yourself, and know that this will get easier as time goes on.

Hopefully today will be better for you! My personal struggle is an all-or-nothing approach to food (binge or starvation), so I can totally relate to your disinterest in food. Remember, if you can, that under-eating can produce a backdraft of binge eating - at least for some of us. Hopefully that's not your history, but that's what I'm trying to be alert to. I'm forcing myself to eat regularly enough to avoid a binge, even if just a small amount.

Isn't this a wonderful passage:
"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 43:18-19
God is "doing a new thing" in all of us. Blessings to everyone as we learn to live in this new way of eating!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

JavaMommy! You are most likely not hungry because your body has not finished burning all of its carbrohydrate store, once that is used up, you will get hungry!!! TRUST ME ON THAT, I have done tons of research on that and it is a fact. Stay the Course Dear, don't listen to the ! If we eat more then we need, it fills your intestines with carbs that must be burned off before your BODY BY GOD kicks in with the regular stomach pains.
They will come! I know because this is the way God created it to work. Love in Christ, your sister and friend Gwyn

Tracy, trust Jesus, when he gave you your mentor, He knew what he was doing, TRUST HIM. NOT ONE SINGLE SECOND WAS WASTED! GOD SAYS>Isaiah 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
Tracy you spent a great deal of valuable time and effort in HIS WORD and therefor it will not return to GOD void!

My advice is to submit as unto the Lord to your mentor.
Do as a sacrifice to the Lord, just as if it were the Lord Jesus asking you to do it. I believe in my heart He will bless you for your obediance.
Plus remeber it is not so much about a "get skinny quick diet" it is all about learning to lean, trust and obey Jesus.
Tracy just TRUST Jesus! He is trying to accomplish something in your heart and He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it in you.
Love your Friend and Sister in Christ, Gwyn

Flowerwarrior As I said to Tracy The Lords table is not a "Get skinny Quick Diet Plan" it is all about learning to lean on, trust and obey Jesus Christ. It took me a minute to get that in the beginning. I want to go from 501 pounds to 150 NOW!
He has shown me over and over that it is HE, Himself GOD ALMIGHTY who designed the human body and it will work and respond as I allow him to heal and work. In order for that to happen, I MUST SUBMIT<OBEY<HUMBLE MYSELF!
My flesh HATES ALL THAT WITH A PASSION!
It wants what it wants, here and NOW! It wants nothing to do with anything outside of it's comfort zone!
It certainly wants nothing to do with offering up my body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleaseing to GOD!
But I have got news for my flesh, enough is enough! I don't care anymore what it wants! It is not about me! It is about God, about His Glory, about His Honor, about His Praise, about His Kingdom.
Sorry Flowerwarrier I was preaching to myself!
Duuhhh.
Hey It is soooo cool that you came here to join us!
I am so happy you are HERE and at THE LORDS TABLE!
You Keep posting anything you feel like!
Stay the course my Sister!
In Christ, Gwyn
:b ubbles:

DanaK. Hello to you! God Bless you! I am so happy you are here with us! You are a true blessing and inspiration!
Keep up the good work for Jesus!
I like you posts.

A big hug and hello to all else!
To GOD BE THE GLORY! GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!
BLESS YOU ALL IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS!
Your sister and friend, Gwyn
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #131  

Thank you Dana & Gwen! Yes I made it through the night, and it was funny because when I woke up this morning, I still wasn't hungry. I started to get a twinge before I walked out the door to church this morning, and grabbed a granola bar. I ate half and was satisfied! I was so happy to see the numbers stay the same on the scale! If I would have eaten like my flesh wanted to last night those numbers would have been up. YIPPEE! PRAISE GOD! Without HIM I would be so empty!

I can relate to what you are saying Dana. I am very all or nothing. I dabbled with anorexia in highschool and bulimia as an adult. I have weighed as much as 170 and as low as 120. When I started the weigh down diet about 3 years ago I found freedom from being a slave to food and found comfort in the weight of 125. I stayed there till about a year ago when I believe I turned the focus BACK ON ME. Since I started TLT it reminded me that IT IS ABOUT HIM! Its all about Him, If I take his glory away, why should I prosper. So anyways long story short, I walk a very fine line where my weight goes. I could weigh more than I should, or I could have an eating disorder. The only way I can do it is with God with me. I need His guidance to show me how much to eat, when to eat, how much HE wants me to weigh. Giving that to him relieves me of so much pressure that I DON'T WANT.

God Bless!

Angela
Old 06-10-2007, 07:11 PM   #132  

Dana K- In answer to your questions I think I have pinpointed the problem and the start. About a month ago my husband and I went through a small rough patch and this has been a trying thing for our marriage. A friend of his had a wife who lost a lot of weight and got the new hair, wardrobe, and was going to the gym and then up and left her husband. Long story short he convinced my hubby you don't ever truly know your spouse. Ever since that happened (there were a few other small things that happened at the same time to convince him that maybe he didn't know me either) we have been treading on some very delicate waters and although there was absolutely no truth to his thinking I have had a hard time getting and staying on track since then. This was the first "discord" in our 10 year marriage so it was quite hard to go through this together.

I love the program TLT because it was a way for me to connect daily to God but I could not stop the sugar cravings and then I just kept giving in and I had no one but my online buddies for support and I think I needed sometimes something more instant. So the reason the mentor suggested starting from the beginning again is that I have not had success with letting go of the food and I also gained weight the last time I weighed (I weighed at night and after being away from the course for two weeks.

So please pray for me friends--I think I will go back to day one tomorrow and start and just follow the plan where you eat when you are hungry only and see where that gets me. I was thinking about doing two days worth a day until I get back to day 32 which is where I should be.

Gwyn- Thank you so much for your love and kind words (prayers too!) It means a lot to me that people I don't even know can help me out and I can help in return. I know I have to let go of the cravings and "addictive" relationship I have with food as I will be baptized soon and want to be the best before that day.

Take care everyone! Love and blessings to you all. Thanks for letting me vent. God Bless you all!

Tracy
Old 06-10-2007, 11:51 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 238/216/150

Height: 5'4

Default I'm new and thanking God I found you!!

Hi Everyone!

I was searching the web for some healthy recipes and found the 3FC and then your group.

I spent a couple days reading through everyone’s comments and feel like I already know you. The Love of God shines through you all!!

Our women's group at church just finished a Beth Moore study on "A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place". In it we studied the building of the tabernacle and the significance of its intricate design as they prepared a place for God to dwell among them. We were challenged to prepare our hearts, like the holy of holies, to become a home for His love and glory- a dwelling place for the Most High God! My main motive now is to get this “temple” back in shape so I may glorify God as He dwells in me.

I lived in Las Vegas for 7 years, to help care for my mother as she was going through a battle with breast cancer, but Praise the Lord!! she is now cancer-free!! Last October we moved back to Michigan to be closer to family. We are living in a big older home with my sister, her husband & 17 year old daughter. I am upstairs in my own apartment. Mom got the downstairs bedroom.

I have been widowed twice, have two sons and three grandchildren. My 4 year old granddaughter Anna calls me Granny Janet.

I started TLT today and just finished the first day’s lesson. I’m excited to get going!!

Blessings,
Janet
GrannyJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:40 AM   #134  

Welcome Janet-it's great to have you here. You will find lots of support here and advice as you continue through the course.

I went back and started day one today. I am fasting just until lunch to affirm my committment to TLT.

Love and prayers to you all and may God bless you this day!
Tracy
Old 06-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #135  

Gwyn - thank you for your words -- they hit the nail on the head!

Tracy - boy, do you sound like me! I want to lose so badly, love my daily lesson at TLT, but then still give in to temptation. I still think I "deserve" to eat! I still eat! The cravings and addiciton are soooo hard to fight. Hey -- don't feel bad about going back to day 1 -- this is my second time through--I did 60 days and now on Day 25 for the 2nd time!

ALL - I'll be praying for all of you as we learn to turn from food and turn to our mighty heavenly Father! Crucify the flesh and be vigilant!