Old 05-13-2007, 09:14 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 276/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks so much for the support and kind words. I am committed to this. My daughter and I are talking about being baptized but I want this committal to weightloss and the repentance of overeating as sin dealt with first. I do see the correlation between the two but I need to step way outside of the comfort zone to do so. I think I am almost there as I persevere with the study. I can feel myself moving toward something big. So keep my in your prayers.
I have a question about something totally unrelated. Can any of you recommend a good website for scrapbooking or a magazine. I am just getting started so although I'm excited about doing something new to keep the hands busy I really don't know where to start. I got a starter kit for Mother's day today so I am ready I think to start.
Thanks again to all of you. It's great to have Christian support here. God Bless you!
Tracy
Tracy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:32 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 201/173/160

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone,

I am sure everyone has been busy, and I hope you are out enjoying the nice weather. I have been too busy to post, too, but I have really missed seeing your new posts on this thread.

How are you doing with the Lord's Table? I am on Day 8. Although I am enjoying the study and feel closer to God every day, I have had trouble with the suggested diet. I know it is only a suggested diet, but I feel badly that I am not following it. I have been traveling a lot lately, and I found that it was too strict for me with all my going. So I went back to counting calories. That's okay, right? Deep down I know it is, but I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else.

Gwyn - Is that computer still down? I've been missing you here.

Dana - What has happened to you?

Hello to everyone else! Praying that you are all well and serving the Lord.
Ellies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:50 PM   #48  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Just saying hi. I am wanting to join your group even though I am doing another study in Setting the Captives Free and they don't like you to do 2 at a time. Finish one then another. Although what I am hoping is that in doing the one study it will help with the food issues.

Is it okay for me to join in? If not please be honest and I will look for one of the other groups for a couple of months. Thanks.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #49  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I do see their eating plan as being somewhat of a problem for me too as I am insulin resistant and not sure that fasting is a good idea for me. I am going to spend some time in prayer about the fasting. God will let us know how He wants us to handle that part of it.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #50  

Bunna, Welcome, welcome, welcome. We would love to have you!!!

Tracey, As far as scrapbooking I get the magazine creating keepsakes although you can buy scrapbook books on ebay for a decent price. Here's a hint if it's going to be a hobbie. Don't scrapbook every picture. Most people I see get to stressed over it when they do it like that. I pick out only my favorite pictures and scrapbook them. I spend a lot of time on 1 page. In a day I might get 3 or 4 pages done. Most people don't spend that much time. Everybody's different come up with your own style and do it your own way. I so enjoy scrapbooking!

As far as TLT, it has been going really well. I think I am on day 9. I have enjoyed the time that I have spent with God. I don't know what makes the difference but some days are much harder than others. Today was fairly easy. I have lost 7 lbs. so far but I am not following the eating plan. I want to choose when I fast and why I am fasting. I need it to be a time that I can spend some time with God in my prayer closet.

Those of you having trouble with the eating plan, change it and don't feel bad. This is what I do and I don't feel convicted for it at all. I have been eating 10 superfoods a day. (avacado, tomato, onion, garlic, beans, nuts, berries etc.) I have been trying to cut out most processed foods and eat healthier foods. Foods that I know God wouldn't mind me eating. My family has been eating healthier too. Fruits, veggies, whole wheat, etc. The good news is dark chocolate is a superfood but they say not to eat more than 100 calories a day. I have done well and have not slipped up on this eating plan at all. I know it has to be God giving me his strength. I have never been able to do this before.

Hope everyone is well. Keep smiling and keep serving! Just to let you know, I think everytime we make the 'right' choice God's smile is upon us.

Love you all!

Amy
280/258
amyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #51  

Yes Bunna Welcome!! It would be great to have you here with us.

Amy Thanks for the scrapbooking info! I am going to try to do some on the weekend with our pictures and momentos from our trip to Disney!

I have just finished day 18 of the course--I have not missed a day yet! I have to say I think that finally something clicked for me yesterday so thanks to all of you for your advice and support through this and your prayers. I feel on track and like I am finally moving forward with this.

I swear losing weight is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and if you don't have the right support it just won't happen. The Setting Captives Free has really been a Godsend. I have tried to talk my mom and sister into joining me but so far nothing so I'll just keep on praying for them.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Better go for now.

Prayers and hugs to all.

Tracy
Old 05-17-2007, 11:23 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 201/173/160

Height: 5' 3"

Hello,

Like you, I have spoken to friends and family about TLT course, but they seem reluctant. I guess that we all are nervous (? ) about an in your face overeating IS a sin approach.

I am on day 10, and truthfully I don't think I would have stuck to this weight loss thing this long if I didn't feel like the course work was leading me closer to Christ. Weight loss for me has always been a joke, but this time I am changing me not just my weight.

Bunna - Welcome! Glad you decided to join us.

Tracy - I read where you and your daughter were considering baptism. Maybe it is just me, but I have always believed that baptism didn't mean you were perfect (sinless), but rather you were making a public statement to everyone around that you were committed to following Christ. Continue to pray for His guidance and know that I'll be praying for you, too.

Gwyn - I know that it may be several days before you get back to read this, but I wanted to say that you have been on my mind today. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope everything is alright.

Prayers for everyone else, too.

Ladies, I am realizing through TLT that the more I am satisfied by Christ the less satisfied I am by worldly things. So, I am giving God the praise for molding me into a worthy vessel. Hope you all have a wonderful evening.
Ellies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:26 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

My friend has let me use her laptop until I get another computer! Praise God! I am so happy! I have missed you all and I am so Happy happy happy to be back on here. I need you all! I love you all! I am so glad to have found you all my sisters in Christ! So, I just wanted to check in with you and also tell you that I am staying the course of the Lord's Table and so far I have lost 50 pounds and I have finally started walking again. I am walking 2/10's of a mile pushing my wheelchair while Robert pushes my oxygen tank. I am feeling better and better and thank you for all of your prayers and support. I wanted to show you a little work that I have done at the Lord's Table and want you to be blessed too. I can't tell you the countless times I would stand in the cold chill of the refrigerator air not but an hour out from a large meal, just looking for more, more, more, I had such an unquenchable hunger in me, that no amount of food could ever fill it! I would stand and shove more and more and more food into my stomach and it was never happy! Never satisfied! I had stretched my tummy so huge that I could stuff two foot long double meat Italian BMT subways down, then not an hour later, find myself standing in front of the open doors of the fridge or cupboards or pantry, ready to stuff, fill, pack the food into the never ending cry's of my empty heart, which I had mistakenly gotten mixed up with my stomach! Oh Praise GOD I never have to do that again! I never have to try and fill a cry for love and hunger with food again, that which does not satisfy! Glory to GOD!
For me it means laying it all down, no matter how much it hurts, no matter how badly my flesh cry's out for MORE, ignoring it's pleadings and sacrificing its wants, to make way for the King of Glory to have His rightful place on the thrown of my heart and pulling and laying down all that stuff that has taken root into my heart, well it is a rending, it is pulling and tearing out the lustful desires of my flesh that had firmly planted itself deeply rooted into the seat of the thrown of my heart, ripping that out and tearing that away, defiantly cause's a rending and a plowing up of follow ground per say. The weeds are now bundled up chaff to be removed, every seed, every piece of chaff to be burned and burned up and blown away, So, Now Jesus is in His rightful place and I intend to allow Him the King of Glory to reign there forever and ever Amen!

Oh my absolute favorite excuse was the one from O.A. Overeaters Anonymous. I am genetically predisposed to this problem and I can't help what I am doing, it is not my fault.
Or how about the line my well meaning relatives would tell me, you can't help it Gwyn, you are just big boned. Or I can't help the way I am, God made me this way. Or well I had a million and one reasons and excuses and that is all they were, reasons to excuse myself, from God's Word applying to me and my sinful condition and lifestyle. How about I am just more to love, heard that one all my life. DUUUUUHHHHHH!

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/lords_table/ Please check it out if you haven't already, it is Good and God is in it 100% :He has worked wonders in my heart through it. Please try it and let me know how you are doing. If you have 300+ pounds to lose like me or just 5 pounds, you must try the Lord's Table, His food always satisfy's! His Love never fails! Love in Christ, your servant and friend,Gwyn
Also they have many other courses available for other issues and needs too.
To God Be the Glory! Great Things He Has Done!
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:12 AM   #54  

Oh Honey, WOW! That's is testimony to dance to -and I'm Baptist! Tee hee!
Gwyn, that was wonderful. I just say - Ride On!
Ellis mom, you hit the nail right on the head - this time we are changing, its not just about the weight. Yep, it is all about our hearts and our Lord. He is changing us - to trust Him and to act on that trust. We cannot serve two masters and girls, we are changing camps! We are moving to the Lord's army!.
Tracy, I think Ellis mom is on target about the baptism. It is a picture to others that you are following Christ, the old is washed away and you are new in Christ. No, non of us are perfect,and we will not ever be while on this earth. But when we have accepted Christ into our hearts and live Christ, well we are running the race to the goal of Christ-likeness. We do it with His help. But the truth is we are weak, we are but dust!, we fail. But when we belong to Him, He picks us up and helps us. - So, you and that precious daughter of yours, go, be baptized and tell the world you belong to Christ and you have been washed white as snow - in the eyes of God. I just wish we all could be there to witness it!
Bunna, Welcome!! Yes, we want you to join us. I think you will have a lot to share from what you are learning in the SCF course you are involved in - in regards to our Lord's table course on eating honorably to God. All our problems, I think, come down to roots in rebellion, self-thinking, pride, trust vs not trusting the One source of our True help. So we already have a lot in common - we are all saved sinners or lost sinners - well that narrows it down to the nitty gritty, uh? That is what this Lord's Table course is doing to me, narrowing me down, making me really think about what I really think.
Well girls, I would like to share that today I did day 19 in the course and today I stepped out in faith and took the stand, on Jesus' promises, that in my crying out to Him in humbleness and in truly seeking Him, He either Has or He is going to set me free, period, the end.!! I am no longer doubtful and fearful about the issue. Now I will simply work toward the goal - coming closer to Him daily in all that I do, and daily resisting gluttony by eating like a normal human being, in moderation. Of course I will daily be obedient to the program He has me on, TLT, to teach me discipline in all things and trust in Him as I call on Him for my everything! OK., you gals are my witnesses.
With steadfast hearts and eyes on Jesus, we can do all things through Him!
I'm going out of town tomorrow and Sunday. I plan to walk and walk all over Chattanooga window shopping and just playing. My husband and two sons are going and my daughter and her husband are going to be there for a wedding, so they plan to eat the evening meal with us - Yes! I can't wait to see how her little tummy is growing - with baby boy!
I walked 2 miles today. I didn't really know if I could - I'm so excited!
Ya'll have a blessed weekend!!!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:17 AM   #55  

My Dear, Dear, Dearest Sisters in Christ, I love you all so very, very much! Hope you all have a wonderful day with Jesus! Thank you all for all the kindness and support you have shown to me. God's Mercy, Goodness, kindness and Great Love has been deeply felt through all of you my Dear Sisters.
Hope you all have a blessed day and weekend too.
I was thinking of when all of these changes really started to take hold of me since I would fervently try new diets and plans, and schemes and ideas all the time. I never really came to the knowledge of the truth, and when I did, I would choose to ignor it and apply all my pat answers to the question, such as it is not my fault etc. I think a true breaking began for me when I relized for the 1st time that I loved food more then I loved God. That cut me to the quick and it, was the beginning of true heart changes in me. I wept for weeks over that revelation, I mean wept and wept, I grieved and cried my eye balls out. I just did not want to believe that let alone admit that was true. It really broke my heart, but you know what I found out sisters, and it is true, God is close to a broken heart! He binds up and heals. Surly i am a blessed child of God and so are you.
Deuteronomy 32:39
"See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.

My Dear Sisters surly we Love and Serve an AWESOME GOD! I love him so and I love you too.
In Christ your Sister, Servant and friend, Gwyn

Old 05-19-2007, 06:32 AM   #56  

Just finished Day 20 and wow!! I have tears right now in my eyes as things are becoming painfully crystal clear. I have been struggling with the exercise part and really I've just become lazy. But today I am committing to do something everyday next week-no excuses! I have really enjoyed the teachings in the course and haven't missed any days in between so I guess God is working with me and through me in the course.

Thanks for the kind words about the baptism of my daughter and myself. I am so proud of her! She is only 10 and is already witnessing in ways I could not. At school (she is in grade 4 half the day and in a gifted class the other half) but she tells the kids she is a christian and not to use the Lord's name in vain and they do not they apologize to her! Praise God! I sometimes worry I have not taught her enough because I am so caught up in learning myself and then I hear stories like that and could just cry. Thank you God for guiding my angel girl.

It is a long weekend here and I am looking forward to having an extra day home. So I hope the weather is good so we can spend some family time doing some active things.

Thanks for all the support through this forum. You all are so wonderful and kind.

Gwyn-you are such an amazing inspiration to all of us here> I love reading your posts. Keep up the good work.

Gotta run for now.

Love and prayers to all and blessings on your day!

Tracy
Old 05-21-2007, 09:00 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default mind if I join in?

I am on day 24 today. However, I am not following the eating plan. This is a crazed week for me lol, but I think I might give the eating plan a go next week. I have been very frustrated, counting calories, for 3 months and I've lost 9lbs...yup, you read it right, 9lbs in 3 months. So frustrating as I have been sooooo good, especially since I have started TLT. I guess I can't say I haven't followed the eating plan at all, as I have been following the eating only when hungry (tummy growls and all). At the same time, I am finding it difficult to fit into my schedule, my tummy growls at the most inconvenient times lol. When I am driving one of the kids to whatever activity or when I am not at home etc....
That said, I am seriously considering the eating plan....I just haven't wanted to follow it just to lose weight, but lets face it, I DO want to lose weight. I am wondering if this is the plan that God wants me to follow as I have really, seriously been faithful with the healthy foods, staying with in my calories, and exercising...but the pounds are just not coming off. Ugh! I have gone down a clothing size from size 18 to 16. I am not comfortably in the 16 to wear yet, but I can get them on, button them and breathe. I figure if I could just drop 5 more lbs, I will be able to actually wear them.

In any case, the course has been very enlightening for me. I never saw it as sin. Never considered it as gluttony or laziness....how's that for denial I am definitely learning so much about sin in general and learning to feast on God's word.
well, I must run and get the kiddos to bed now.
hope you all have a good evening!

tracyg

P.S. Tracy 37 I am a scrapper too. I go to several sights, twopeasinabucket.com is an awesome sight with a huge idea gallery. Also do a search on line for 'sketches' and you will get tons of sites that will give you layout maps... simple scrapbooks is a great magazine for beginners too!
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:21 PM   #58  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone, i decided to go ahead and try this and i am very glad i did. Tomorrow is day 13, and it has been a hard 12 days. I never realized i much i truely love food.
I am really struggling right now in my relationship with my mom. I didnt tell her that i started this, i dont have a good enough relationship with her to tell her something deep like this. She wants me to lose weight so bad. She cant stand that i am fat. Everytime i eat she gives me a look that i know she is disgusted that i am eating. All she talks about is what are "we" going to do to lose weight this summer. We? There is no we in this. She can't stick to a diet to save her life. Im happy, yes i want to be thin, but i am realizing more and more that its not important, food, what i eat, its not important. Whats important is that im living for God. And when im constantly thinking about being skinny and losing weight, that isnt glorifying God.
Im sorry for this big rant. Im just really...frustrated and hurt right now. Why cant my mom just be happy with me the way i am? Why do i have to change the way i look in order to please her? Its not fair.
Anyway, thanks for listening to this. I look forward to continueing this journey at the Lord's Table with yall.

~HaiLeY~
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #59  

Hailey, remember - keep your eyes on Jesus! Your mom will eventually recognize something is going on with you that is different from before. Your mom will benifit from this, but you are not doing this "for" her. This is a Hailey/Jesus thing which = 's a God Thing! Sounds like part of what God is teaching you is going to be a relationship thing with your mom. He could have given you any mom in the world, but He Chose your mom for you! So, be patient, pray and lift your mom and your relationship with her to Him and stay on the TLT course of study (in God's Word daily). And I know He will bring a sweet healing to you - more and greater than you ever thought possible.
Tracy it sounds like the Lord is making things clear to a lot of us. The breaking is hard, like Gwyn said - we cry and are ashamed of ourselves. I know I am so very thankful He reaches out to us and He loves us and changes us! Wow, your daughter is a soldier for the Lord. That is really wonderful that she takes a strong stand for her Christ. In the school system today, that is no easy task. Go little Angel,Girl!!!
I am recovering from my Sat. outing with the family. I walked my little short legs off!. But it was great. My daughter is looking so cute with her little tummy pooching out. I'm glad to say that she is enjoying it. She has always been so small.
Well, I've gotta run. You ladies - Walk on water!!!!!!!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:45 AM   #60  

Elizbennet I agree with you 100% I know just how Hailey feels, I live with my Son and he is not right with God and he always had comments, and remarks to make about my faith and weight. And it would always rub me the wrong way, I would get hurt, mad and sulk! But Now since Jesus is setting me FREE, he has sat up and taken notice and I mean he is in AWE! He knows it is not me doing the changes on the inside, which are becomeing so evident on the outside! I take no credit or glory and He knows that if it were not for God he would not be seeing anything that he has seen in me! The changes are real.
I can not tell you all again I would have never thought or even hoped or imagined that I would be excited about going to the hospital to get weighed!But here we are already to the last Sunday of the month (that is when I get weighed) coming up at the end of this week!!! WOW!!! I want to bust out of here and run all the way there. Hahahahaha now I am dreaming and imagening hahahhahaha!
Silly me! ahahahaha

There was no way ever that I can say that I was excited to get weighed, not even when I was on diet and doing well! I feared the scale! It was like an enemy to me! A dreaded enemy to be exact! I acted as if the scale of it's self had a life and was an evil liar! On day it would say I lost weight and then it would say I gained! It was awful. But now that Jesus has set me free and I have been obedieant to Him and His will, I no longer am afraid. I know that this sounds nuts but really, what I was afraid of was the truth!!!
The truth about what I was putting into my mouth, the truth about ME! The scale had no life of it's own, yet I let it tell me how I would feelfor the day, week, month, year etc... I would let it have power over my dispostion in life.
Now it is in it's rightful place a tool. A tool that measures the TRUTH in pounds. I have given the God of heaven and earth His rightful place in my heart and now I have nothing to be afraid of. I have taken up my cross and I am following Him.
Well I can't tell you how free I have become since I began an online course that is free financially, FREEING spiritually and FREEING physically! If you have not checked it out, you must! I would recommend it to anyone who suffers from obesity.
Who the Son sets free is free indeed! Well I gotta go now and take my nightly walk. Love in Christ your friend, Gwyn

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/lords_table/
2 Samuel 22:48-50
48 He is the God who avenges me,
who puts the nations under me,

49 who sets me free from my enemies.
You exalted me above my foes;
from violent men you rescued me. 50 Therefore I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations;
I will sing praises to your name.

Psalms 146:6-8

6 the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them—
the LORD, who remains faithful forever.
7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets prisoners free, 8 the LORD gives sight to the blind,
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down,
the LORD loves the righteous.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.