Setting Captives Free - The Lords Table - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 05-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

I am a I was raised 1st part of my childhood Church of God, part of it Catholic and the last two parts of it Lutheran and then finally Methodist. I also studied with the Jehovas Wittness's for a year (don't go there, they are OFF THE WALL!!!)
Then When I was 17 years old 27 years ago after a very hellish childhood and teen years I married to get out of my " alcoholic , rageaholic home " It worked for a short while, until he began the abuse I would endure for the next 18 years, before I finally got away from him for good. But at the age of 18 I did accept Jesus Christ as my savior. I was born again in a Southern Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, Ok. On October 21, 1981 Where we lived for 4 years.
I gave birth to 4 Children Adam who is 26, Sheila who is 25, John who is 23, and Daniel who is 21.
When in Oklahoma City I became very, hungry for more of God and dug deeply into His word! I read it day and night! I went to many bible studies and classes. I visited an Assembly of God Chruch and felt the very presence of The Living God, in the Person of His Holy Spirit. I stayed with the Assembly of God Church for 14 years, then my x insisted that we change churches and we went to a Church of Christ for the final years of our marriage, because he did not want anyone to know about His abuse problem. He even made me swear to him that I would never talk to or ask for prayer from a single soul at the Church. I can't count how many times he would curse and cuss me out all the way to Church ,right up to the parking lot space! then when we got there he would pull his mask over his face and wahla he was an instant good guy! I never wanted to divorce, I hate divorce and God hates divorce, but he was not willing to stop the abuse, and believe me when I say it was great, it was a living nightmare. I took our Children and left for abuse shelters at least 6 times not to mention the many times family and friends took us in to shelter us from his rage's.
But Jesus kept His WORD through it all! He never left me! He never forsook me! He was there all the time! He was an ever present help in my times of trouble! When all others abandond us, He never did!
Even when I abandond him for a short time of 4 years after the divorce! He remained faithful, even though I was not. I knew God hated divorce and so I thought he would be angry at me too. I carried the weight of the whole world on my sholders! I had a huge amount of SHAME AND GUILT because of the suffering I allowed our Children endure by allowing them to watch him abuse me for all those years, All my children where into heavy drugs and drinking at the time and I felt it was all my fault! To bad I didn't believe His Word, There is now therefore no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus! DUUUUUHHHHH! I tell the story of when I came back to Him, when he saved me from drowning in a rip tide out in San Deigo, Ca when I was driving Semi-Trucks. It is in my blog on this website. I named my blog "I will Dance!" If you want to read it. If you can't get into my blog email me at
[email protected] and I will send you the story.
I came back to him and let him back into my life in His rightful place and I will never, NO NOT EVER go away from Him again! I love him with all my heart and all my soul and all my streangth!
Anyway I ended up going to a Indepenant Charismatic Church and then finally where I am now at Vineyard Christian Church where I love to worship Him with all my heart, soul and streangth! Where His Holy Presence Comes and blesses us each and every time I go! To God be the Glory, Great things HE has done! And I intend on staying until the Lord returns or I die, unless He says move, I shall not be moved!
So I have had much denominational, theological, and homiletical experiance and teaching, I even went to a Bible Collage and carried a 100% grade average. But no one person,no school, no denomination, no inclination, no group of brothers and sisters, no family,no pastor, no spouse, or FOOD can satisfy like Jesus! He is REAL FOOD! I am going all the way this time! because this time is the "right time!" and the right way! His way!
His meat, His bread, His drink! We are doing it girls and through our God we shall do valiantly! We can do all things through Christ! He will give us the VICTORY! So long as we do things His way! Father Knows Best!
So what am I? I am a Child of God, His daughter, a princess in His kingdom, a christian just like you wonderful Sister's that God has given me to have the honor and privledge of getting to know. God Bless You ALL! In Jesus Name!
Love you all sooooooo much!
In Christ your Sister Gwyn

Last edited by Gwynditmars; 05-02-2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: wrong ticker I used the old one. I want to put the new one on.
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:16 AM   #17  

Girls, I just had to get on for a minute to tell you - I'm going to bed - and - Through Christ I made it! Yea! Today was liquids and one meal, which I had around 5:00 this evening. Then I did child care at church until 8:30 and now the day is a done deal. Thanks for the encouragement and prayers, prayers and more prayers.
Gwyn, your story just stops me from almost breathing. You are a testament that God gives His grace when it is needed and He has you in His hand where no one - nothing can take you from Him. God has a lot of trust in you to have allowed you to experience a life time of serious, terrible trials, horrors really, and you have endured and become better and not bitter. You radiate beauty and love for all. Yes, I do believe the time is right! And Yes, we are doing it with Jesus! And I am very glad that we ladies and the Holy Spirit are going through this together. Thank You, Dana!!!!
Tracy, the church I mentioned was probably about 40 people in attendance too. Port St. Joe, FL is the town where they lived. Both are with the Lord now. Oh how they are missed!.
Gotta go - May the Lord keep us for another exciting day of turning to Him to feast on for our every thought and action.
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 276/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Gwyn-what a story! You have been through so much and you are still a servant of God and so willing to share your testimony.

I will keep evryone in my prayers.

Today was supposed to be a fast day. I knew when I woke up this morning I could not do it. I did not feel led to do it at all. Not sure why. I usually do my lessons in the morning but our computer was on the fritz so I had to wait. When I completed the lesson just now I realize I was just not committed to it I guess. I just felt I did not have the strength to get through. Also I work full time and I am not sure work is the place for this as it will undoubtedly draw attention to myself and I would not be able to be reading my bible or praying as I need. So am I just making excuses or is this even a little legit??? I did ask God for forgiveness for not doing this and for strength to do it the next time.

I also have concerns that although I am not diabetic I have been told by one of my doctors that I am right on the fence posts of becoming diabetic. Anything advice you could give me or encouragement would be so appreciated. Thanks for letting me vent and express my concerns. Prayers to you all and many rich blessings to you all.
Tracy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #19  

Tracy, the program says the food/eating plan is just a suggestion. you do not have to do it at all or just as they suggest - it's just there to help us redirect our thinking off ourselves and onto God. Always go with what you think God's leading is for you! Excuses, maybe, but it really means this just isn't the right time for you to do the fast. Eat normally or make it a half- day. God knows you and your schedule and He will lead you to feel good about it when the time is right for you. Also, if you are border line diabetic, it's possible this would not be a good thing for you, right now, as it might throw some things out of whack, and it was God's protection from allowing this that you were sensing. Hang in there and do the computer work as that is what is changing our minds. And truth be told, that is really where the battle is raging and needs changing! My understanding is God doesn't differentiate between the mind and the heart- the heart hears and the mind feels. The stomach and food are just things that sustain the body (the temple, God lives in). So you just keep on keeping on - we ALL want to make it -this time!!!-together!!
Old 05-04-2007, 01:47 AM   #20  

Amen to that Elizbennet! I agree 100% I have only fasted a meal when I do it. I am a full blown diabetic. Tracy keep on the course, you can do all things through Christ. Don't throw in the towel! Keep on keeping on Love!
In Christ your friend and sister, Gwyn
Old 05-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #21  

Whew, I made it! Really I kept pretty busy and the day went by fast. -That was my fasting day. My husband and I did childcare at church Friday evening, so the parent's of little ones could have a date night (our church does this every so often, plus once a month they offer childcare for Sunday school classes to get together) and we got out of there a little after 10:00 p.m. As always, we headed for IHOP for a late dinner (supper) and this time to end my fast. I ate light and it was a great feeling of victory over undisciplined self indulgence!
My husband just came through and said to tell you gals, "HELLO, and keep up the good work!"
Well, I've gotta go for now. I have decided to take my doggy for a walk. I could just stay on here and never get up - but only my fingers will be in shape and that isn't the goal. LOL
Old 05-05-2007, 04:43 PM   #22  

Congratulations!!! Elizbennet. That's great you were able to do that. Keep up the good work. I will be praying for strength and direction to do a fast this week if that's what God wants. I have just been trying hard to keep to 3 meals and healthy snacks instead of overloading on other things. I thank God everyday now for this forum what an answer to prayer it has been!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #23  

Hi I just want to say I am staying the course with the Lords Table. Love in Christ, Gwyn
Old 05-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #24  

Hey Girls,

I'm Amy and I just enrolled in Captives free last night. I finished my first lesson today and it was WONDERFUL and EXCITING! I can tell I am going to love this thread also.

I just got out of the hospital a week ago. I had my 4th miscarriage and my second hemorrhage except this time I had to have the transfusion and the whole bit. My emotions are still wild but God has been there to comfort me the whole time!!! Therefore my dieting it a little different for now. I am doing the lessons but I am also trying to eat 10 superfoods a day. My energy is so low right now that I really feel I need the healthiest foods I can eat. The GOOD NEWS is I have prayed so hard for God to give me his JOY! My last m/c was only about 10 mos. ago and I was so sad and sorrowful for so long. This time I can really tell God has given me such JOY! I am so happy. Sure I have my moments where I just need to cry but it's like God picks me up again and tells me to go on. (Okay, sudden tears.)

Anyway, I thank God for everything! Even though I don't understand "why?"

I am so excited to join you ladies on this wonderful journey.

Someone asked early what denomination? I am a Pentacostal and go to an Assembly of God church.

I don't mean to start a huge debate or anything but I have been raised to believe that fasting should not be a part of dieting. I can't even say where I got this from. I thought fasting was for if you had a special need you would fast and spend that time in prayer. I guess I will search the Word of God and let him lead me to what I need to do. I am glad that several of you felt led to fast. I think it is very important for God to guide us in every area of our lives. Anyway, I guess I just want to know what everyone else thinks about this.

I feel like I have already made friends on this thread.

Keep up the GREAT work everyone!!

Love,

Amy B.
280/265
amyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #25  

Amy-congratulations on joining setting captives free. So sorry to hear about your miscarriages. I just said a prayer for you that God will lift you up and give you direction. I have not experienced that so I can't know what you're going through but I pray you will be given strength from God. I sort of feel the same way as you abuot the fasting. I always thought it was for when one was really searching and was spending the day fasting and in prayer. I really feel that it should be God moving you to do this as well not someone else telling you you should.
The lessons Have really challenged my thinking though. Anyway enough rambling. Good luck tomorrow with your first day.
Tracy
Old 05-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #26  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Hey gals. I was reading through the website, and this sounds really cool. I would like to do it, but i want to know more about it before i start. Such as:
are there certain foods you have to eat?
what about excercise?
what happens if i "fail" on a certain day?
it says something about a "course submission" what would i be submitting, and do i HAVE to submit it? how often?
can i quite the program at any time?

umm...thats all i can think of right now. the answers to these things would be really helpful in making my decision, and anything else you have to add about the program would be great too.
thanks
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:36 AM   #27  

Amy - WELCOME! Just read your note. A miscarriage is a really tough experience. I have been there too and I will share that it takes time for healing (physical, emotional and spiritual) and also it takes a willingness on our parts to accept the unwanted change. Praise God you are running to Him for He is the One who will carry you through. His thoughts are with you and they outnumber the sand. I like that! Hebrews 4:16 was one scripture that was a great comfort for me. Maybe it will be a balm of healing for you too.
"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."
Your question about fasting is interesting. I think each of us must make a personal decision. We come from so many backgrounds. But for me, in my fasting, it is my desire to present myself humbly before the throne of God, saying to Jesus, this is a serious matter to me, a special need (as you said), that I am presenting to Him, for His help. I have fed the desires of my belly and put food on the throne, where Christ should be. I have chosen to turn to food for my comfort and my joy - instead of - Jesus, who is our comfort and joy. So I earnestly seek Him to have mercy on me over this self-indulgence that has overcome me. The fasting is simply a humbling of self and the way I'm showing Jesus that I am willing to abstain, turn from this greed, selfish, over indulgence. It is a way to help break the control food has over me, help break the constant thinking about -snack -dinner-etc. It frees me up to not be thoughtful of food for a limited time. And instead, I can spend the time usually eating, in God's Word or in prayer or out walking and listening to some good soothing music. I don't know if that helps you and Tracy and 100percentME. Maybe someone else will make a comment that will help you know what you should do.
100 -My goodness you really have a lot of questions. I would suggest that you go back and read all the information on the program. They really do answer all those questions. Then decide if you want to make a commitment. I do believe going back to Jesus, laying it all before Him and seeking to do this with Him right in the middle of it is the right way. I also believe He can use other programs/plans as long as we are seeking Him and His wisdom and His mercy to be our help.
100 - You are doing very good on your wt. loss. What have you been doing? And I really do think once you check out the Lord's Table info. you will have a much better understanding of what it is. They are going to grow and stretch you ( and me!) in our walk with the Lord.
Hope you girls join up!
Tomorrow is my half day. Half this - half that- but double up on praise and thanksgiving in Christ Jesus, our Hope.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #28  

Eliz- Thank you so much for everything. Many people do not understand how hard a m/c is to get over. As for the fasting thing. I think you are right it has to be a personal decision and you have made many good points in the fasting. You gave me something to think about.

100- I would go to website and do your own research. The website explains a lot of it. Make sure you check out their doctrinal statement and mission statments. It will tell you what they believe. I am only on my 3rd day but I have loved it so far. It is nice to be held accountable for what you eat. God Bless!

Tracy- Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

How is everyone doing today? I have done really well as far as eating healthy today but right now. . . I really feel like eating , why I don't know??? I'm not going to give in though I think I'll read some scripture when I get off the internet that will probably help. Right girls!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there!

God's Blessings,

Amy
280/263
amyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #29  

Elizbennet, My gosh you said EVERYTHING I was going to say! Hahahahahaha You are good girl! You Go GIRL!100% You just go the best advice on the internet!!! I agree 100%! I have been GROWING FAT in my spirit since I have been (doing) feasting at the Lords Table and getting leaner in my flesh! Praise GOD! HEY I GOT TO TELL WHAT GOD DID FOR ME LAST NIGHT!I WALKED! REALLY WALKED, FOR THE 1ST TIME SINCE I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL LAST JULY AND THEN IN A NURSING HOME FOR A MONTH AFTER THAT!! With the encouragment of the Holy Sprirt I pushed my wheelchair and my husband pushed my oxygen and we went all the way around the block!Of course I had to stop and rest ofter, but PRAISE GOD I made it!!!!I am so happy!!! I am so happy we are all here doing it together in Jesus Name for His Glory, for His Honor, for His Praise! Friends He is so worthy!He is so good! Love in Christ, your friend, Gwyn
Old 05-08-2007, 07:25 PM   #30  

OHHHH I am so sorry Amyyy I wanted to say, I am so sorry about your lossI have too lost a little one and know how painful that can be. But as you said, God sustains us! Keep running to Jesus, He will never turn you away.Love in Christ, Your friend Gwyn