Old 05-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #61  

Hey Girls,

It's been awhile. I am on Day 12, I have been skipping the weekends. I have been doing really well although I have days where my flesh and mind cry out for 'food'. I haven't given in but I definitly have harder days. I memorized the verse:

Mathew 4:4 "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." This verse has really helped. Everytime I start thinking of food, I say this verse.

Gwyn, Congrats on the 50 lbs! You are doing so wonderfully and I am soooooo very proud of you. Keep it up.

For myself, I have to be really careful. I don't want to fill the void or unsatisfaction with something else. I am known to try and stay really busy or if I'm having a bad day scrapbook. I know people that shop because when they buy themselves something they get excited and have that temporary satisfaction. I think we need to be careful and make sure we are spending the time we need with Jesus.

I love you all. It sounds like everyone is doing awesome!!! Keep up the great work!

Amy
280/256
amyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:32 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default ok, talk to me about the eating plan? anyone

following it? are you having success with it? I am on day 26 of TLT without the eating plan. When I started TLT, I looked at the eating plan, and went NO HONKING WAY! I've been counting calories, I am down to 1200, exercising like a fiend, for 3 months now and I can honestly say, that even the times that I have been 'over' have not been all out binges. (For instance, I was 137c over yesterday. It was dd's preschool graduation, and I had 6 cookies....however, it has been a long time since I was over, I have really truly been good, careful, diligent...) All that to say, in 3 months I have lost a whopping 9lbs. My problem comes in because since starting TLT, I didn't think I could follow the eating plan, (tooo strict and foreign), and I separated in my mind the diet from the bible study. I'm learning so much from the study and didn't want it to be all about losing weight, if that makes sense. I wanted the proper motivation for growing in Christ, not losing weight. However, let's face it, I WANT to lose weight! And the thing is, I am not! I've lost 9lbs in 3 months....3 months of weighing and measuring and counting and exercising...sigh....In the last few days, I have been wondering if it is in someway, God trying to speak to me. One of this week's lessons was offering our bodies as a living SACRIFICE... maybe I need to follow that plan sacrificially?? Maybe the whole calorie counting thing is another way of being too focused on food all the time???
So, any thoughts? Also, my concern is that following that plan, I won't lose weight....can I follow a plan that restrictive for life? Do these people do this forever???
sorry this got so long!
hugs
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 276/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Tracyg-I haven't followed the eating plan either. I did the liquid fast for the whole day one day and ate a healthy supper and felt good about it. The next week I just fasted through til lunch time. I find I am so irritable and lightheaded that I feel faint and that's not good when I'm at work. I'm focussing more on eating healthy, eating when I am hungry, drinking lots of water. ON the spiritual side I am focussed on prayer and my bible study and the course.

Are you following a plan for eating or just calorie counting? Also do you lift weights or are you doing cardio or both?

I haven't lost any weight the last two weeks just maintained but I also haven't been to the gym or done anything at home either. This week I am focussed on getting to the gym 3 times and working out at home three times.

HOpe that's a little helpful. Blessings on your day.
Tracy
Tracy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default I try to do cardio 5 days a week, and

have done some weights, but not consistently yet. I homeschool my kids, and am in the midst of some remodeling so hoping that once I get them done with school and get my house back to normal I will be able to set up a space and get to weights more regularly.
I actually emailed TLT with some of my questions and the response was basically to try the eating plan. That most people do the plan as a springboard then move on when they are more in control. I am thinking I may do it next week and see how it goes, and depending on that I may commit to it till the end of the study.
Well, I must run. Thanx for the response!
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:34 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 276/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Tracyg--you are doing more than me. I found the last time I lost weight that the weights helped the most cause they give you muscle and that burns more calories faster. Having said that I just started lifting again myself and I do it with a great video now. Prevention (magazine) has a great series of videos and one out now is a personal training one and it is very easy to use. I actually have three different videos now from prevention and find they are simple and easy to use no matter what your fitness level is. Also you can do the workout in 10 minute blocks (for the most part).

check it out on the net-they are about 15 dollars a video here in Canada.

Any way better run cause I'm at work. Don't give up keep looking at the final result.
Tracy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:21 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

WHERE IS CHARBAR??????? CHARBAR WHERE ARE YOUUUUUU????
I MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH TOO!
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #67  

Oh my Dear, Dear, Sisters in Christ, I need you now! I need your most earnest prayers.
My Oldest Son Adam is in jail he wreaked my car. He took it last night and drove it up to his brothers house to work on it. He put it in a ditch last week and broke a fan blade tip. Well today they were on their way to Auto Zone to get parts when he hit the brakes on a curve and they failed and he ran the car into a utility pole and knocked down some wires. They fled the scene and a witness who saw the accident reported it and my car plates. Long story short Adam was arrested for driving while suspended and he was also on parole for drinking and driving charges. I talked to him before the police got there and again he threaten to kill himself, he swore it. Over the last two weeks he has been doing that. Please I need the group to help me pray for Adam, he keeps threatening to take his own life. He feels he is hopeless. I have been praying and crying out to God all night. He has been very combative and took a huge chefs knife and put it to his throat and screamed he was going to kill himself 3x's. Later I walked into his room and he was sitting on his bed crying with a knife sitting by his side. I held him and told him everything is going to be alright. I love him so much. I know Jesus loves him more! There seems to be nothing I can do or say to convince him I love him and Jesus loves him.
The devil is a liar!! I pray that Adam will open up his heart to Jesus. I pray Jesus gives him a Saul to Paul conversion or any thing he wants to do. I did try to talk him into letting me take him to the hospital for help, but he refuses, since he has no insurance.

He is in jail now. I just don't know how he is going to behave when he gets out. He is angry and sounded violent. He desperately needs a Saul to Paul conversion. I seem to be unable to reach him, but I serve a Mighty God who does know how and if this is part of His plan then so be it. I did call the Mentel Health Hospital and they are going to send someone in tomm. to have him assesed. He does have some issues with bi-polar disorder and ADD. He is supposed to be on medications for it but has not. My Son Daniel says my car is HIT! Meaning totaled!
The devil has done everything in his power to get me to dive into food for comfort, but I AM TELLING YOU , I HAVE BEEN DELIVERED ! I AM FREE FROM THE SIN OF GLUTTONY! PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD. PRAISE GOD!!
I continue on my Lords Table course and I have been very blessed in and through it.

Thank you so much for your kindness, love and prayers.
Love in Christ, Gwyn
Old 05-25-2007, 02:55 AM   #68  
Kitchen Floor

Gwyn, I have Adam in my prayers, and you as well.

Tracy, you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyg40 View Post
following it? are you having success with it? I am on day 26 of TLT without the eating plan. When I started TLT, I looked at the eating plan, and went NO HONKING WAY! I've been counting calories, I am down to 1200, ... I wanted the proper motivation for growing in Christ, not losing weight. ...sigh....In the last few days, I have been wondering if it is in someway, God trying to speak to me.
I have been following the plan only because I think at this time in my life and at this point in my relationship with God, I need that kind of discipline. However, the "plan" isn't really the point. The point - as far as the food goes, is that you eat when you are hungry (in your tummy - not in your soul) and to eat good nutritious foods that God has provided for you (and be thankful to God for them) and to eat (or not eat) to the Glory of God.

If "the plan" is not for you - remember that there is Option 2 plan http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/l...sed_Eating.pdf

God Bless you all, and thank you for steering me to TLT.
linoleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:01 AM   #69  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning all!

I'm sorry that I have not been here. I stopped doing TLT. I feel foolish - I told you all about the site - and I stopped it.

I wasn't 100% agreeing with everything thing they said. I failed at the fast. I failed at the fast because I didn't believe in it.

Things went downhill from there. I have been off the diet since then. I want God's will. I feel like He hasn't revealed His will to me.

I am so happy that it is working for so many of you!

Blessings,
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 11:12 AM   #70  

Gwyn- Keep us updated on you son Adam. He is definitley in my prayers. There is nothing harder than seeing your children hurting. To bad we can't make decisions for them. Don't give into the food. You have been doing so well. I will keep you in my prayers also.

Charbar- I don't totally agree with the fasting thing either. I have continued the class with my own eating plan. I believe that fasting is something between God and me. I do feel like God's want me to fast maybe a day a week but I don't really feel it should be part of an 'eating plan'. I love the classes though. The scripture and lessons have really helped but the awesome part is I'm learning to seek God more and more. We have missed you!

Everyone- How is everyone doing? Should we have a weigh in day or anything like that?

I just read the accountability partner lesson. I'm going to have to spend sometime in prayer, I don't know who to ask! Who did you guys choose, a friend or spouse? I'm just afraid whoever it is they will get tired of hearing about how I'm doing.

Everyone have an awesome day!

Just for FUN:

My 7 year old daughter argued with me the other day. I have started eating superfoods/wholefoods. I wanted to buy some of the dark chocolate that is healthy to eat. All through Wal-mart my daughter kept saying, "Mom, your not suppose to eat candybars. Mom, your not suppose to have that. Mom. . . " I suppose in a way she is my accountablity partner!!!

Amy
280/254
amyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #71  
Kitchen Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyyy View Post
Everyone- How is everyone doing? Should we have a weigh in day or anything like that?

I just read the accountability partner lesson. I'm going to have to spend sometime in prayer, I don't know who to ask! Who did you guys choose, a friend or spouse? I'm just afraid whoever it is they will get tired of hearing about how I'm doing.

I weigh myself every two weeks, no more often. June 1st is my next weigh-in. I don't think that I or anyone else on 3FC will get tired of hearing how you are doing - you will be listening to how we are doing too.
linoleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:33 PM   #72  

Charbar have you ever heard the expession, "Pick the meat from the bone's then throw away the bones?" Why throw in towel? Why throw the baby out with the bath water? When you said, "I want God's will. I feel like He hasn't revealed His will to me." I think my dear you are very wrong in this assumption. Please don't get mad at me. I just know God's Word very well, (I attended Bible Collage and carried a 98% to 100% grade average in everything, all the time and that is because of His Grace and for His Glory) and also have been His and in His Word for the past 26 years very diligently and faithfully. I have found nothing in the Course that is scriptually incorrect. It is theologically sound and correct in doctrine. No I do not follow their diet plan either. I eat what I need and no more. And yet THE LORD is healing and blessing me and many others who are being obediant and faithful in finishing what we have started. Carbar it is not to late for you. Just go back and take up where you left off and do it for His Glory and His Honor and His Praise. I promise He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it in you. Are you willing? Are you willing to Submit to His Will. Are you willing to do it for HIs Glory? For His Honor? For His Praise??? It was no accident!!! God led you to exactly to where He wanted you to be, at His Table and through your obediance you have helped many others, including me to the Lord's Table! I repeat it is not to late, go back and pick up where you left off, or begin again. Jesus will not lead you somewhere he does not want you to be. I love you and pray you are able to receive this note in the Spirit in which it was intended, in the Love of God. In Christ, Gwyn
Old 05-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #73  

Charbar - We would love to have you rejoin. I too am so thankful for your post telling of SCF/TLT and have been involved in it since. The diet/food plan is up to us as to how closely we want to follow it. I read everybody on here does it a little different. The point is they are seeking Christ, seeking to be closer to Him, learning to trust Him in this area of their lives - and that is what the daily Bible study through this course is doing - guiding us to get Jesus back in the proper place - on the throne - instead of food being on the throne. It is sound doctrine, true teaching, clear and understandable.
Wont you try it again. This time don't be so hard on yourself - Have patience and compassion on yourself and work through the course. I think you will be pleased with what you find if you will just stick with it.
We want ALL of us to come through this TOGETHER, we're a team! A great support for each other - and we need you, girl!!!!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:41 AM   #74  

Default For CharBar

One more word to Charbar
KNOW THAT YOU ARE GREATLY MISSED AND KNOW THAT YOU ARE GREATLY LOVED!
And Loved by all of us here at the Lord's Table and He loves you even more! Please don't go! Please don't say goodbye. We need you and want you here.
Love in Christ, Gwyn and all your Sister's in Christ.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:58 AM   #75  

I PRAISE GOD FOR THE LORD'S TABLE AND FOR ALL THE HOPE HE HAS GIVEN TO ME AND YOU!
GUESS WHAT???
I went for my walk and I walked exactly 1/2 mile pushing my wheelchair. While Ceaser(no not a bunny rabbit, but my new dog) pulled lightly on his leash and Hubby pushed my oxygen tank!!!!
I am soooooooooooooooooo
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!
of course I had to stop and rest a few times, but we made it, to the GLORY OF GOD! He is the one who encouraged me to do it. I felt Him urging me to try and I kept thinking, no way! I can't do that! I weigh, way to much to go that far!
But then He (Jesus) would show me the truth, the whole truth,
and nothing but the truth!
What is that you may ask?
The TRUTH was...
I didn't want to do it!
So when I got to my turning point to head back home and complete my 2/10's of a mile. I just kept plodding on, at 1st I felt, oh no, this is going to be too far! I'll never make it! It's going to be too hard for me. But He would encourage me with HIS WORD! IE: I can do all things through Christ. It was wonderful, soon before I knew it I was almost home!
Adam and I talked for a while this eveing, I tried to encourage him to cry out to the Lord from whom all blessing flow.
I believe in my heart that he will. And God will save him and help him.
I love you all! Thanks for reading my thread and posts. Please feel free to comment anytime. I love company.
God Bless You!
Love in Christ, Gwyn