Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #226  

Height: 5'5"

I was so pumped this morning that I decided to start week 5. Week 5 day 1 complete! No problems to report. The run went rather well. I am going to modify the program slightly by repeating week 5 day 1 two more times before moving on to week 5 day 2. I plan on repeating that run a few days as well before attempting the 20 minute run.

I am so excited!
webweevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:19 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Need to jump in here. I had a much needed 3 day weekend, so I haven't been logged in. I was able to run an entire 25 minutes for my w6d3 on Saturday morning. Even did it outside before it got hot! I miss outside runs; I've been taking it inside with AC the last couple of weeks. The inside track is very narrow and it is 1/16 mile so you start getting dizzy instead of feeling any accomplishments. Will probably land there again after work. Think I will repeat wk6 again, and then move in to week 7 with full runs. I should be okay, especially if summer will end soon.
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Hello everyone

Well done to susie sunsine, webweevil and softballmom on your progress

I decided not to run yesterday, but to cycle instead and rest my sore heels. I cycled almost 11 miles in 45 minutes with some hills, so I had a good workout, but I'm still upset that I'm not moving on with the programme. My heels still don't feel spectacularly better, so I'm not sure if I'll be running tomorrow either
Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:12 AM   #229  

What are you doing Pachyderm for your PF? Are you using arch supports? I was reading about the Strassburg Sock for PF someone mentioned on the coolrunnings site. It look's like something that could be rigged up on normal socks. Sorry your heels are giving you problems.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #230  

Way to go Webweevil! I just completed my third run of week 1. I feel great! I really love the feeling of sweat running down my body (although i'm kinda ashamed of admitting it). I do think i'm gonna do week 1 again though. I'm not having any trouble cardio wise, it's my leg muscles that aren't ready i think- too much lower body giggling! ewwww
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:01 PM   #231  

Hi- Mind if i join in? I have been doing c25k and i just tried to do week 4 day 1. I hit a major wall and about 1 minute into the second 5 minute block of running, i had to stop...I was so mad about it i just gave up. I've been having a lousy day, having had one aborted workout this morning (i for whatever reason freaked out at the gym this morning, got very panicky and had to leave). I also have a big blister deep under one of my toes... it hurts with every footstrike. My major problem is the lungs i think. I try to go too fast, get all out of breath, my heartrate (according to the little thingy) goes up to like 210 and then the monitor on the machine shuts off, and i think that was what did me in. Im going to try the workout again tommorow, after i lift wieghts.
eadavenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 187/171/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hi Everyone & to Eadavenp! Pachyderm- I hope your heels feel better soon. Maybe new shoe inserts? Or new shoes altogether?

As for me- I strained my back this weekend & had to spend the entire weekend in the house. No exercise at all. I'm bummed about it, but I didn't dare push the issue. I feel better now & plan to go for a walk tonight, but now I feel like I'm behind on my pledges here & on the walking thread. Anyhow- glad to hear most of us are plugging along.
GenreGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:35 AM   #233  

I thought I could do it outside, and I did make the best effort, but it was sooo hot. I think the heat index was 99, not very smart. I should have went for the inside track, but I like being outside!

I ended up doing an on-my-own run: I did 1/2 mile in 6 minutes, walked 3m, ran another 1/2 mile in 6 minutes, walked 3m, but then could only run about 3 minutes longer before throwing in the towel. I did drink my water and stopped off during my walks and splashed cool water all over me, which seemed to help. I didn't get sick, I just got bone tired. Cooler temps are forecasted for tomorrow, but if not, I WILL go to the inside track just to accomplish a full run. I think if it wasn't for the heat I would also run faster and longer distances, so I really think I am ready for Wks 7 and on.

Welcome eadavenp! I feel your frustration, just keep at it. Take care of the blister though! And try, try again. You've come to a great forum for inspiration and encouragement!

Hope everyone is being kind to themselves and enjoying their accomplishments!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #234  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

webweevil - I am the same when when I see those 'thinspiration' girls. The ones that look like they probably were born jogging...the best thing is when they are on the same track then there is no way I will quit!

softballmom - you are doing so well. Running on a 1.16 mi track would kill me. I would be sooo dizzy. The track I run on is 1/4 mi.

pachy - That sucks about your heel. Hope it gets to feeling better. Great job still getting in a good workout though

eadavenp - I had that same problem. I felt like I was going so slow and tried to run faster. But in the end I found out going slower but getting a longer run in was way more fullfilling for me.

genregirl - OMG a strained back? That sounds painful. Hope it is feeling better.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #235  
Fat to PHAT!!

S/C/G: 255/234/155

Height: 5'7"

Default sneaking in...

Okey, I have been reading this thread for a while now and I have finally decided to jump into it all. Tomorrow will be Day 2 of Week 1 for me so I am new to running. I am alternating days running with 3 days of light strength training and have enjoyed a little stair climbing on occasion too (my office is on the 6th floor so I've been climbing them!!) I didn't want to join this thread since you all were so much ahead of me...then I saw Sunshines post!!! Now I feel like I can join the crowd since there is someone else at the same point as myself!!

Thanks Sunshine!!

I am hoping to complete the 5K run/walk in Little Rock on October 7.
TiredofWeightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #236  

Cool! I am planning for a Race for the Cure event on October 8th. I have run two other 5ks (both race for the cure) but I always wind up with some problem or mental blockage that ruins my training and i wind up walking half or a third of it. I'd like to be able to finish this one in 35 minutes. That would be awesome! (especially since im a slowpoke and carrying some extra bulk right now)
eadavenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:41 PM   #237  

TiredofWeightin - Glad you joined up with us. Hope that as you progress, those of us that are a little ahead of you will have given you some tips and heads up as you get further along. I do understand that it is nice to have someone near the same week, though. I wonder how many other lurkers are out there just beginning???

eadavenp - Good for you getting involved in some 5Ks in your area. I'm still looking to hook up with one. Now that most of my Saturdays should be freed up, I can try a little harder. (My dd plays travel softball most of the year, but does school sports in the fall and winter - just different time challenges for mom)
Old 08-09-2006, 05:32 AM   #238  

Height: 5' 7''

Hiya girls, I've been silently reading your thread too for a while :-) I'm on week2 day2 and going ok so far. TiredofWeightin I hope we can keep in touch on each others progress!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:12 AM   #239  

Welcome newbies! If there's any other lurkers, don't hesitate to post. The new posters help to keep the thread fresh. Believe it or not, but new posters also motivate those of us that have been running a little longer. It is motivating to know there is someone out there watching our progress. We all want to succeed at this!

My second w5d1 completed. I will run it one more time before attempting day 2 which is two eight minute runs.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:55 AM   #240  

WTG webweevil on your progress. You're doing very well. I'm glad I'm not the only one who repeated weeks. It seems to have helped me to progress without hitting the wall. I think I am ready to start week 7 next week without too much head buzz. If the temps would just cool down a little bit it would greatly help my stamina!

Welcome finn! Glad your here. I totally agree with webweevil that it helps to push us along when we know there are others who are watching.

Tonight I should do a second Wk6 D2. I'm still debating the inside, outside dilemma. I really enjoy outside, but the heat index needs to be a lot lower than 99. I guess when I leave my office I will make the decision then.