Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #166  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

My steps for yesterday (monday) were... get ready...

3,005. I really did not do anything except help unload my dad's pickup truck. I just sort of lazed around all day... played with the kitty outside. He sure does love to chase butterflies! Hopefully today will be better. It's a cool day, so I plan on starting my Couch to 5k plan. That should get the steps up!

Edit: so including yesterday's steps, my total is 147,659
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:58 AM   #167  

Height: 5'8.5"

That's okay, Lydia... you will get in TONS of steps come Saturday when we leave Hopedale LOL

I am going to google to try to find their website so I can "see" where I am walking LOL
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:46 AM   #168  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Good Tuesday morning, everyone!!!

Lydia, I've gotten to love t-storms since we move to the Mid-West. When I lived out East, we had storms but here in the Mid-West, we have STORMS! Beautiful, awesome, specatular displays of light and sound!

Tornadoes are a whole different story, though. Not fond of them at all. And DS hates them. Because this area has been known to have a few tornadoes, we've arranged a tornado kit in the basement (battery powered TV and lights, a phone, table and chairs, food and water, etc.).

We're coming into tornado season. Better make sure I have plenty of batteries.

Hey, good luck with the Couch-to-5K plan! Lots of folks credit it with getting them really going!

Dance, the ped is Omron HJ-112. I know it's carried at Walgreens. Not sure where else. Great job on those steps, by the way!

You, too, Michele! I'm amazed you could generate such a high number even during conferences! That's great and shows a lot of determination!

And look at Chris (HealthierMe) go! I love it!

I had a good steppin' day yesterday (Monday, March 20), at 11,043. Total since start = 277,241
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:05 AM   #169  

Wow I got behind but hope I have it all caught up now!! Our total steps walked are 1,162,525.

My total for today was 14,226. I decided my pedometer is working! I used to get 10-12,000 when I was walking before but I was taking lots of breaks and leaning on all the poles, LOL. Now I move! I have increased my speed and distance and almost never take a break on my lunch walk so I guess I really am GETTING that many LOL

I am excited about Saturday. I googled the website of Hopedale MA and am studying up on where I will be walking LOL. Wow I read the history and it is fascinating! And I found a site with a whole bunch of pictures! Wow some snowstorm on Feb. 12.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 03-22-2006 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:40 AM   #170  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I had a GREAT day Tuesday!!! 16462 steps!!!

March total of 225329 steps!

Happy walking, ladies!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:51 AM   #171  

Wow, Michele! That is awesome!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:45 AM   #172  

Hey everybody

I am thinking we should keep this thread going until Friday or whenever HM posts the new chat thread (assuming there is one coming) for the Coast to Coast... and then all jump over there and post a link here... what do you think?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:41 AM   #173  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Well, yesterday I started the C25K program. I... well, I couldn't even finish the first workout. But eh, I did my best, pushed myself as far as I could safely go, and I'm not gonna worry about the fact that I didn't do it all.

Yesterday (tuesday) my steps totaled 5,062, bringing my total for the challenge up to 152,721. Hooray!
Old 03-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #174  
Embracing My New Normal

Sounds like a good idea, Dance. If I were you, I might even consider having this thread closed and locked (after putting up the link). By the way, have I said thank you for being so diligent in keeping the totals? You've done a fantastic job and I know having to be accountable has really helped me stay on track!

Your 14K in a day is great, too! You must be so proud of yourself, you've really taken to this walking routine!

Wowsers, Michele! That's some great day, alright! Good job!!! Is that your highest daily total ever?

Hooray for Lydia on starting your C25K program! I don't think I could do it at all! I'm so proud of you! And hooray for cracking the 150K mark!

As for me, I had to struggle a bit to get 10K in yesterday. Had to hop on the treaddy for an additional 10 minutes to bump the total up. Steps for yesterday, March 21 = 10,191. Total contribution = 287,432.

I think I'll make it my goal to have contributed 300K before we close up this thread! That's certainly doable between today and Friday! Heck, if I get real ambitious, I could maybe knock it out today!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:00 PM   #175  
Chris, a chick on track!

S/C/G: sz 24/sz 20/sz 14

Hi everyone!

Things have been really crazy so I haven't had much time to post.

I lost my pedometer Luckily I'm planning to get the new one on Saturday. I did try a new cardi kickbox class at the wellness center at work. I went Monday and again today. It was tough but I modified a bit and got through. So I am proud of that.

The new thread WILL be up on Saturday, and we'll walk our way out of Hopedale. There are 8 of us now. Yay. We'll have to walk in a single file line. can you tell I have a little guy?

Dance 14K, you are cranking! It is an interesting little town. It's small and pretty old-fashioned, we call it Mayberry sometimes.

Michele, you too, wow, you GO GIRL!

Lydia, what is the Couch to 5K plan? Am I just being dense? and almost 150K, that's great!

Lena, you got in your 10K, good going!

Chat more with you all soon.
HealthierMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #176  

Wow, everyone is doing just great and I feel we are in good shape to start out across the country LOL. I was telling one of my friends about this and she was laughing and said she could just "see" us all traipsing down I90!

Lena I did not know you could close and lock a thread... that is a good idea. Do I just email a moderator? I think we should move over there ASAP with chat since there are some new people signing up and we need to let them know how welcome they are!!

And HM... I don't know what a Couch to 5k plan is either LOL. Come on, Lydia, tell tell... inquiring minds want to know!!

BTW I am planning to make a new walking ticker with the whole 3000 or whatever miles on it as soon as we get the info!!! I will make it different at big cities or when we cross a state line, etc... and also say what it is and "Join Us"...
Old 03-22-2006, 08:19 PM   #177  
Chris, a chick on track!

S/C/G: sz 24/sz 20/sz 14

Dance, I love that new ticker idea
HealthierMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:24 PM   #178  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Couch to 5K plan: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
I heard a bunch of people on here talking about it, so I decided to give it a try!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:26 PM   #179  

Glad you like the idea HM! Maybe others will pick up on it and make them too!

Lydia, thanks for the info! I can't run yet -- my legs want to but I am too topheavy LOL and THAT end can't take it!!
Old 03-22-2006, 10:05 PM   #180  
Embracing My New Normal

Dance, yes, I think you can just email or message a mod and they can lock the thread for you.

Oh, Chris! I feel for you, losing your pedo. I'd feel lost without mine -- it's become such a part of me now!

I'm so impressed with you, Lydia, doing the C25K. Are you doing it on a treadmill or outside? I can't even do 20 seconds of jogging without feeling like my heart's gonna explode. Not to mention EVERYthing flops and jiggles around too much for comfort -- thighs, jaws, butt, the "ladies"... Sad, eh?

But I can walk for days!