Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #106  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow we are getting close...

Total walked = 930,395

Still to go = 69,605
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:16 AM   #107  

Do we want to try the coast to coast walk across America? Is someone planning it? If not and everyone wants... can't believe I am saying this... I will plan it and keep track.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:29 AM   #108  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I would love to do the coast-to-coast thing! Seeing as I've driven across America several times, it seems only appropriate to walk

My steps for yesterday totalled 5,652. Funny thing, I was out at Costco with my mom and one of the employees there looks at me, points to my Omron and says "Is that a pedometer?" So we talked for a minute about how you never get as many steps in as you think
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 07:26 PM   #109  
Chris, a chick on track!

S/C/G: sz 24/sz 20/sz 14

Default Another 8,372...

Good Job everyone, you ladies amaze me with your consistency and totals!

Well, I live in Mass, but not Boston. I am aabout half way between Boston & Providence, RI. I'd be happy to share the coast to coast tracking with someone. I guess we'll have to decide how many steps are in a mile. Obviously, it differs between the taller chicks and the short (ahh, I'd love to say petite, but it doesn't quite fit...at least not yet, maybe by Nevada, so we'll have to reach a consensus. I am good at the math but bad at the geography, so that's my hesitation.

Anyway, enough ramblings. I walked 8,372 steps yesterday (total-100,419)

Have a great rest of the day!

Last edited by HealthierMe; 03-16-2006 at 08:24 PM.
HealthierMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #110  

Well we don't HAVE to start in Boston...we could start in your town if you want! It would be great to have two people doing the tracking. It is wonderful that you live there! I am in Seattle suburb and we have some Midwesterners in here. LOL Sorry Lydia I don't think we can manage to bop down to Texas. <G> But still no matter WHERE anyone lived we could still "honor" them as we passed the closest point to their house, even if it was a long ways away.

And I think we could use the "average" of 10,000 steps equals five miles... I know I sure don't plan to try to program my pedometer, and some people's peds don't SHOW the miles.

I was looking at Mapquest last night... and narrowing down the towns to go between so we got the smaller towns... good to stick the I-90 route don't you think? I would be glad to help with tracking also but if others want that is fine too (after all it was YOUR idea LOL). And we could also have a chat thread of course!!! with input from everyone.

Other opinions?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #111  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Even shorties like me can keep up with you tall people It just takes a little extra work

My pedometer displays miles, so I'm good there. It takes about 2,800 of my steps to get to a mile. At least I think that's what I averaged it out to be... I can't remember! Hahaha. My strides are 1'11" so yeah, that's about right. It's all good, though.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #112  
Chris, a chick on track!

Default Coast to Coast via I-90...We'll walk our way to Seattle

I think that mapping it via I-90 it perfect, in Massachusetts it's called the Mass Pike and I live fairly close to it in a tiny town called Hopedale.

So, we'll assume 10K=5 miles, I don't think my short little legs cover quite that much mileage, but it works for me - It will make it much easier to track. Should we call it the Coast to Coast Challenge?

Yay, this should be fun
Old 03-16-2006, 09:17 PM   #113  

Oh that is great that we already have some information from the starting point. And I think the Coast to Coast Challenge is a great name.

I found Hopedale on Mapquest!

And if some want to specifically measure their mileage that is fine. Don't worry, Lydia, my 5'9" will help balance you out LOL

Let us know where you want to go from here, HealthierMe!

BTW your original plan was to San Francisco... if someone lives near there and you want to do that, that is fine too... I didn't mean to "hijack" the walk LOL
Old 03-16-2006, 09:26 PM   #114  

It would be fun... if we could get permission from 3FC... to post links to webcams from the places we go through LOL. And we can post weather reports LOL
Old 03-17-2006, 12:00 AM   #115  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Wow! I haven't checked in here today, this is great!!!

I used to live in Boston and I know exactly where Hopedale is. A friend of my son's used to live there, somewhere near Route 126 I think!!! VERY pretty town. Small world!

10K = 5 miles sounds good to me. Coast-to-Coast sounds good, too!

I've actually driven Route 90 from Boston through Chicago (I think that's where I branched off to go north to Minnesota). It goes through some very pretty territory in Western Massachusetts (the Berkshires) and Upstate New York (Finger Lakes area and near Niagara Falls).

I'm loving this! And I'd be more than happy to help with the Travel Plans!

Oh, my yesterday was nice = 11,789. Today, naughty! Currently 3,662 and since it's already 11pm I doubt it'll go much higher unless I do some sleepwalking! ((edit: late night bopping about the house brought the total up to... drumroll... 3,999. Just one more step!!! Oi! How embarassing is that???))

Total contributed: 249,520 (if I don't break 250K today, I'm turning in my pedo! )

Last edited by Less of Lena; 03-17-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 AM   #116  

Oh yippeeeeeee it is great that we have people who are or who have been in that area! I was through a lot of those places too since I've been in most states... but LOL it was years ago so I forgot a lot.

And our step count is fantastic:

Steps done = 971,231

Still to go = 28,769
Old 03-17-2006, 07:01 AM   #117  
Chris, a chick on track!

Top o' the morning ladies!

Lena- You know of Hopedale, I am so pleasantly suprised. If people ask where I live and I say Hopedale they ususally give me a confused look (and that's from people here in MASS.) It's an interesting little town with a lot of history, there is even a children's book on Amazon about it. Route 126 is indeed nearby, as is rte 146 and rte 16.

So I will start the planning this weekend on the Coast to Coast challenge this weekend. Hopedale to Seattle it is (honestly San Fransico or Seaatlle, either way, but Dance since you are from Seattle, I say let's go there. Then we can head down the west coast if we want) I will try to dig up some of that history about the town to include with the starting point. Then we'll be off to the Bershires, where I would strongly suggest that we add in a little James Taylor to the walking music mix. he does mention the "turnpike from Stockridge to Boston" afterall.

Now for the steps, not great yesterday
steps=7,212
total= 109,631

I am thinking about going to decathalon sports this weekend, and looking for the Omron pedometer that you helpful ladies have mention. I have a feeling I am going to be working harder to get that 10k a day in

Have a great step-filled Friday!
Old 03-17-2006, 07:25 AM   #118  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

March 16 steps: 11006
March total steps: 174321

I'm in for the Coast to Coast, too!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 07:37 AM   #119  

Woooo hoooooooooo would you believe

Steps walked = 989,449
Still to go = 10,551

Today's the day!

I have a request... small thing but would sure help me keeping track. Instead of just saying "yesterday" or "today" etc. please say what day it is ... i.e. Tuesday or the date. I am going nuts trying to look at the posting date of the message and then figuring out what day is being talked about etc. Thanks everybody!

HealthierMe thanks so much for planning this!!! And see I am already learning things about your part of the country!! I know what you mean about people not knowing where Hopedale is... I actually live in Bothell but who has ever heard of THAT LOL? It is a northeast suburb of Seattle.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #120  
Calorie-Counting Diva

My steps for 03/16/06: 5,155, bringing my total steps to 126,258. Yesterday was really slow for me... half of those steps came from a relatively short walk I took yesterday.

By the way, Dance, I lived in the Seattle area for about 9 1/2 years (about 7 of those years were in Kent), so I know exactly where Bothell is. Small, small world!