Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #76  

Hi All!!

I'm new to this site, but I'm a long time Curves member. So much that I have gotten my mom, mil, sil, and best friend to join. I love curves. I made a goal this year to work out 150 times. About 3 times a week. Well I'm almost at 75 times this year.

Can't wait to get to know all you ladies!!
Iwunder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #77  
KAR

Hi All,
Well I made it to Curves last night and put in another good sweaty workout. I think I might have to do that again today. I took a personal day to spend time with my hubby for my birthday on Sunday. Well he started a new job this week and has to work today. Which is fine with me, I understand that part. But when he told me last night that he was going to work extra hours today, since I was home to get his three young children off the bus, that just kind of hurt me a little. Don't get me wrong, I love my twin stepsons' and stepdaughter. But there are times when I would just like to spend a little bit of quiet time with my hubby. I don't get to see or spend much time with him in the evenings because of me still teaching and he down at the baseball fields all the time. Then to put the icing on the cake so to speak, he told me that I was going to have to pick up the house and clean it today, since we have to have an appraisal done on our house for our home improvement loan. That wouldn't have ticked me off that bad if he didn't put on there the last comment he did. Which was if you want to go hiking tomorrow afternoon with the kids and me for your birthday, you need to clean the house today. What a lovely thing to do on my day off from school. So I guess if I get the house clean I am going to need to go and blow off my steam at Curves this afternoon. Enough venting from me. Sorry it has been quite a week at school with my teen-aged special needs students who have been rebelling this week about doing work.
Didi congrats on quitting smoking. I bet it has been tough going there for a few days. But it sounds like you are well on your way to better health! Have you tried chewing a piece of gum instead of eating? That might help your food cravings.
Iwunder01, welcome to our group! So if you make you goal of 150 times, what are you going to reward yourself with? Besides a fitter body and better health!
Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day!
I better go and get started on cleaning the house. Atleast once I get it done than it is done. But my dh is going to be the one to clean it after his kids spend the weekend with us and mess it up again. They are really good at taking food and walking around with it to eat it. Then leave their plates, wrappers and glasses whereever. Plus they love to play with things and then drag out a ton of toys and sports equipment and leave it lay whereever. But if I say or ask them to pick up after themselves, their daddy says that I am being mean and need to pick up after them. But I was taught growing up if you played with it or eat, drank out of it you put it back in the right place. I was doing this when I was 5 years old, it taught responsiblity. His children are 7 and 9. So I think they are old enough to pick up after themselves, since they have to do that at school anyway. It is that TOM for me and I feel crappy and moody. So I think it just going to be one of those weekends!
Well you all have a wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:39 AM   #78  

Hi Everyone...
Wow KAR....happy birthday....aren't men funny? They just don't get how they sound sometimes...
Welcome Iwunder....congrats on joining the group...sometimes it's a bit slow, but we are here...actually til I get my computer hooked up at home, I'm only here during the week from work...(hope they don't catch me haha)
Going to Curves tonight....trying to keep the eating under control a bit...day 12 of not smoking....
Thanks to all for the encouragement..it really keeps me going...

Di
didi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:34 AM   #79  

Kar - Happy Birthday . It's to bad dh is not being more supportive but that's just the way men are. You are right the kids should be picking up after themselves and not having them do it is not doing them any favors. I would tell dh if he does'nt want them to clean it up he can do it.

Didi - Glad to hear your holding strong .
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:00 PM   #80  
KAR

Well the house is cleaned. It took me 10 hours to clean our house today. It was so dirty from the kids' walking around in their ball cleats and my hubby in his grass covered clothes from work. Needless to say, I didn't make it to Curves today. But I did blow off my steam while cleaning. It did get me taken out for dinner tonight too. So I guess it wasn't all that bad. My dh did tell me when he got home from work that the house looked nice. He did tell the kids after we got home from dinner that they were not to trash up the house this weekend. So maybe he is finally starting to realize they are old enough to pick up after themselves after all. He did come back this morning after only being gone for about 10 minutes to tell me he didn't want to make me mad this morning and he came to check on me. Which I thought was sweet, since he normally doesn't care what he does to people. Thank you all for my birthday wishes. Plus thank you for letting me vent this morning. I needed to do that or I would have let it boil inside of me all day long and then let my dh have it when he got home.
I have put everyone on notice that tomorrow morning, I am going to Curves. So they will have to do without me for a little while in the morning.
Well I better go and get ready for bed. I am really tired tonight. Atleast I will sleep good tonight.
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:20 AM   #81  

This week I have only got to Curves twice. I don't know what my problem is. I had the time but just didn't want to go. I'm hoping to go this morning.

Good luck to all!
Iwunder01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:14 PM   #82  

Smile

Hi all!

I'm new here to the site- I've been reading up. I also belong to Curves and following the WW flex program, and have lost almost 40 lbs. I go to Curves 3 times a week and bounce on a mini trampoline the other days I don't go, but I'm thinking about going to Curves 5 days now since so many do go more than the 3 times. Hope to get to know everyone!
luvallama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:01 PM   #83  

Hi Luvallma...welcome...
Hi Everyone..
Well, I didn't get to Curves last night, but will go tonight. I can honestly say I missed not going last night, but I had to run home and when I get home, the last thing I want to do is go out again.
I broke down and bought cigs...:-(...my husband doesn't know it...I was dying for one this am on my way to work...I had a couple and when I got into work, I immediately put the nic patch on...I have a doc appt this afternoon and I'm going to talk to her about using Zyban too...I've been eating out of control and I think that's why I craved and caved.....Thank God I'm going to Curves....hopefully I won't put on as much weight as I would have without going...I also think I'm a compulsive overeater and I will talk to my doctor about getting some help..
In the meantime..I'm so happy to be able to come here and vent, talk, and get my feelings out, even if I'm just talking to myself..lol...
Well....hope everyone is doing great....I'm going to continue coming here and getting support from you guys..hopefully one day I'll be the one giving support..
Ciao for now..
Di
Old 05-18-2005, 11:54 AM   #84  

Hang in there DIDI I heard Zyban is really good. Keep a positive attitude and it will all fall into place. I did Curves this morning and still doing my other stuff down a pound at least moving in the right direction lol.

Happy work out ladies.
ItstimeforME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 04:59 PM   #85  

Hello ladies,

I'm new to 3FC and I've just recently joined Curves on 4/20. I'm also using the low-carb diet in the book which I just started yesterday. I'm having a hard time motivating myself to go 3 days a week, I need a work out buddy badly to help keep me motivated. I'm trying to lose about 30 - 35lbs.
Tee625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:56 PM   #86  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've been managing getting in my 3 Curves sessions a week. However, against their advice, I'm putting in 4 this week. I never follow anyone's advice. LOL Just wasn't up to exercising at home, had to get out. Went Monday, yesterday, today, and will go again tomorrow.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:47 PM   #87  

I go Monday, Wednesday & Friday and do treadmill or a tape another 3 days. I give myself 1 day off. I also joined on April 20th. Are you doing your first weigh/measure tomorrow?
momX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 12:15 AM   #88  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Hello fellow Curvers! I have my first w & m Saturday. I'm excited to see the weight loss results so far! I've gotten in at least 4-6x a week. So that's pretty good. I can already feel the difference when I go up stairs. I'm not out of breath by the time I get to the top!!! WOO HOO!

Keep on Curvin' everyone!
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:23 AM   #89  

I was suppose to be doing it but I've only been to Curves once this week. I would like to go on Saturdays but I work so hopefully I can motivate myself to go at 7am before work...we'll see.
Tee625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:33 PM   #90  

Hi Guys...
Sorry I haven't been posting..been so busy in work..
Going to Curves tonight...went Tues & Wed...
Smoked a couple of cigs a day this week..auughhh..back to square one....got wellbutrin from my doc...hopefully that will help along with the patch which I've not been wearing since I've been smoking...
eating like crazy...oh well.....tomorrow is another day...
At least I'm working out....
Sounds like everyone else is doing okay...

Di