Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-16-2004, 10:12 AM   #46  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi *JACK & MICHELLE*
You two are a riot!

*JACK*
I have a LINK on Page 1 of this Curves Thread that takes you to the Curves site - there they show you how it is set up. Our Curves began with 8 machines but now have 12... I do enjoy it, but I also walk (JuNe WaLkErS Thread) and I just bought the new Tae-Bo DvD and the new Walk Away The Pounds DvD... I am going to take a look at them today while I walk my T-Mill. I like to watch before I begin, so I get an idea as to what I am to do.

And you don't make me uncomfortable at all
But it is nice to have a place to go to without the 'comparing' and
the worry of being 'looked at' - I just wear my baggie clothes and go work out. No fashion shows (if you know what I mean). No one wears those tight workout outfits - they just wear what is comfortable for workouts and go. I find that the ladies I workout with are so supportive of one another --- it's great! We all laugh allot!

Later...

SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:16 AM   #47  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Jack here is how I described Curves before:

Curves is an all women gym... It is like circuit training with hydraulic machines done in 30 second intervals with "recovery stations" in between each machine...30 seconds on a machine, 30 seconds jogging in place or whatever you feel like on the recovery station...for a 30 minute workout. Most places begin with 8 machines, but we have 13 in ours & you go around the circle 2-3x. It is a great place, I love going there! They also have nutritional supplements and protein shakes and even a diet plan you can follow if you choose...it is all outlined in the member guide they offer you.

BTW - There is a place like this for men! It is called The Blitz. Here is a link for you: The Blitz

And the Curves site is: Curves

I hope this helps some!
JEO1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:25 AM   #48  

Smile

*JACK*
You are just too funny!!! You can be yourself around me ---
I have read some of your other posts

As far as the lightning & storms... I am sooo tired of them all!!!
Where's summer!?! It looks like we are in for another storm this afternoon & then it is suppose to be nice for Friday and Sat. - I HOPE!

SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-16-2004, 11:49 AM   #49  

Jack,

There's a new franchise starting up that's the male counterpart of Curves. It's called Cut for Men. I read about it on a Curves forum on another site. It's just beginning so there aren't a huge amount yet but maybe it will take off like Curves. I'm not allowed to post a link since I haven't posted 50 times but maybe you can do a search on "cuts fitness for men"-- that should work, if your'e interested.
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #50  

Smile

Hi *MARY*
I'll post the link for you

Here is the LINK:
http://www.cutsfitness.com/

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-22-2004, 09:49 AM   #51  

Smile

Good Morning Everyone!
I went to Curves this morning but it was a tough start... sure felt great after I finished though. As usual - I am so glad I went! It was busy this morning too. Allot of ladies are tuning up or fine tuning their bodies before their vacations.

How is everyone these days... it's been mighty quiet here
Hope you are still going to your Curves. It's a struggle for me some mornings, but I get in my 3x's a week.

Yesterday it was Joe's & my 29th anniversary - where does the time go!? Wow... 29 years --- not to mention the year and a half of dating and engagement We spent a quiet day at home together and then went out to dinner with our best buds. The whole day just went by way too fast

I sure do hope to hear from someone today
Thinking of you!
*God Bless*
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-24-2004, 08:22 AM   #52  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I have been MIA for a week or so. My school held a summer program last week and I helped with it. Then I came home every afternoon to work with my stepchildren on their reading for the summer reading program at our local library. Spent my evenings going to ball games and the like. Went home this weekend to see my family. So I have been just a tad busy. But I still have found the time to go workout 3 or 4 times at Curves. Went to a new one that opened up by my parents church when I was home. I don't think I will be back to that one ever again. The lady didn't know what a travel pass was and she didn't have me fill out a medical release form. Thank God nothing happened to me while working out. I have an appointment on Friday afternoon with my family doctor to see what else I can do to get out of my little weight slump. Well I need to go and get ready to go to Curves this morning.
Congrats on your 29 years of wedded bliss Sunny! Here's to another 29 more years!!
Hope everyone else is doing fine!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:41 AM   #53  

Smile

"Good Morning Gals!"

Hi *SHEILA*
What a bummer that the Curves burnt down! But at least you do have another you can get to... hope you are able to go real soon. I know I feel so much better when I go - even though I am busy with other summer things.

*Blessings*

Hi *KERRY*
Thank you for the wishes
I pray for 29 more years +! We want to be healthy and to be able to travel a bit when he retires. He is suppose to retire in just 3 - 4 more years That will be so nice!! I cannot wait... he'll still do some work because he will be young, but it will be work he enjoys doing and not under someone else.

So good to hear that even though you have been so very busy you have found the time to go to Curves... me too. It's been a great help to have my girlfriend to go with! We meet up again tomorrow morning for our 3x this week. I gained back 2 lbs while I was ill and not walking or going to Curves, but am working on taking that off now... gotta get back into my walking again now too.

Take Care!
Great to hear from you!
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 06-24-2004, 11:32 AM   #54  
One step at a time...

Good morning y'all!

I haven't posted in here in a while, but it's great to see that you are all still faithfully 'curving'! I've been going 5-7x a week and to water aerobics on Wednesdays and doing a 10 minute pilates workout for my thighs...Summer's here and I am not ready! LOL! I've almost reached the 30# mark though! Maybe at this Saturday's weigh-in?

Sunny - That is terrific that you have been married for 29 years! I hope you get to do all you wish to once he retires (or semi-retires)! To think you have been in marital bliss for longer than I have been on earth!! Here's to you making it to your golden anniversary and beyond!

Sheila - Sorry to hear about your Curves! I think I'd be at a loss if the Curves I went to burnt down... Half the reason I go so much is because I love the girl who works there. I hope they do rebuild!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:44 AM   #55  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Well today is the day. I have my appointment with my family doctor this afternoon. Wish luck that he can help me overcome my weight problem. I have watched my food intake for two days so far. I am hoping to continue this for quite a while.
Enjoy your weekend, ladies!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-25-2004, 12:21 PM   #56  
One step at a time...

at the doctor's! I have to go to the doctor's myself today... But for something else... I have spots on my abdomine and sides??? I thought it was nothing when it was one and then I started getting more... I think I have 8 or so now and I don't know what they are.... I'm sure it nothing really, but I don't want to have spots and I want to put Tim's mind at ease... I dunno I hope they can offer me a cream or lotion and be done with it....

Sorry...

On a more up beat note, I went to Curves this morning at 6:00 AM and I weighed myself.... I was sooo excited... I saw (drumroll please) 190.0# on the scale.... That makes a 30.5# loss!!! Woohooo!
Old 06-25-2004, 08:26 PM   #57  
KAR

Congrats on your weight loss Jenn! I am proud of you. I hope your appointment went well.
My appointment went well. The doctor can't figure out why I am not losing any weight if I am eating all my meals before 7 p.m. and I am not snacking in the evening. Plus exercising So I am going to go see a nutritionist at my local hospital. I am just waiting for the doctor's office to call me back with my appointment.
Well you ladies have a wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 06-26-2004, 09:40 AM   #58  
One step at a time...

Well I either have lime disease or eczema... LOL what a choice, I think I'll pick eczema (and keep my fingers crossed that's it)... The doctor also notice the difference in my weight from the last time I hade been to that office and now and she said "Wow, you've lost quite a bit of weight since I've seen you last, and your bp is down... great job... you should be really proud of yourself!" So I'm following doctor's orders and being proud of myself

I hope the nutritionist can help make this weight loss journey easier for you!!!!
Old 06-26-2004, 04:01 PM   #59  
KAR

Thanks Jenn! It is always nice to get comments on your weight loss from others. But it is especially nice to get them from your doctor since they are the ones who usually are telling you to drop a few pounds.
I set my alarm and got up at 7 this morning,so I could go in and workout before my hetic day started at home. I came home from working out and started to clean house. I thought it was safe to do since ball season is over. So the mud and dirt would be all over the floors and I don't have to sweep them every other day. LOL
Well I am going to go and enjoy the nice weather outside. Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 07-01-2004, 05:06 PM   #60  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to check in with everyone. You all must be busy since no one has posted here for a few days. I went to TOPS on Tuesday night. I had lost 5 pounds since last week. I had started to count my carb intake after 30 carbs for the day I stopped eating carbs. So I was pleased with myself. I hope that I can continue to do this. I finally got my appointment scheduled with the nutritionist for Monday at 9:45. So I am looking forward to that. Well I need to go and get ready for my water aeobrics class. It is the first one I have been to. I hope I know at least a few people there. Talk to you all later.
Have a great weekend!
Kerry