Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #121  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Thanks all.

Another day on the run. Got to work, go give the florist money, check on tux rentals, work the other job... boy, do I look forward to Sundays (only day off right now!)

BG's doing great, considering everything that I'm doing. I'm staying off the carbs, and I know that helps. I eat them in the morning so they burn off throughout the day and that helps....

Hugs
Old 08-17-2006, 03:04 PM   #122  

Morning everyone.. another cloudy day here and looks like rain again...i have been having a terrible time sleeping and its becuz my old back is driving me nuts..i know i should get it checked out but also know its the weight thats the problem and the dr would say i need to loose befor they can help me a good incentive to eat right as the back pain is really compromising my life so i need to get busy and pay attention to what im eating and exercise some to..sry for the rant as i know how to fix the problem just dont do it..sl are fine tho.. and the dh did a great job shopping altho he did get beer and chips and "his" favorite candy bars but also the fresh stuff i asked for "what a guy"..the great thing is is we all get a new start every day..i was up early couldnt sleep so did house work and that behind me im going to work on my card order and go for a walk this afternoon even if its raining..i have to start some where right.. have agreat day eveeryone and a big((((( ))) for all who are absent and those who are here.. rosey
Old 08-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #123  

Wink

Morning everyone it is so windy and cold here this am im wearing a sweater and thinking its winter..brrrrrr.. another night of poor sleep.. its fueling my struggle to stay on plan.. the pain a good reminder of where i want to go..so the weekends here and i hope we all have agreat one.. i will be babysitting the grdd and also going to bingo tonite and working on my card order..my sl was 104 this am.. seems to stay there so i must be doing something right.. we had steak( i had 1/2 portion) fresh steamed aspargus..baked potatoe(i had 1/2 of one) and salad for dinner..for breakfast this am i had a banana, coffee and 1 slice of ww toast..does this seem like reasonable food choices compared to what all of you eat??just wondering what you all eat and amounts.. anyways HAPPY WEEKEND everyone who posts and those who are absent (((((((( ))))))))) rosey
Old 08-18-2006, 03:07 PM   #124  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good afternoon hope this finds you all having a wonderful day and looking forward to the week-end,, I know I sure am but it is suppose to be another hot one

Bs was 76 this morning,,a little to low for me,,makes me feel strange,,but ate and it came up some,,I didn't eat much of a snack last night when I got home from work so I'm sure that was it,,

Rosey I am coming to your house for dinner ha,,sounds good to me,,protein and veggies sure help me keep mine down,,I can't do a lot of carbs of any kind,,,I do use lite bread and it goes up but not to bad,,like I said before with the byetta I really have to watch the carbs more than before,,I can't remember is you are on byetta or not,,,I know someone was that posts here,,

Well gotta run and find out what I am wearing to work tonight,,last night of the week,,,hi to everyone else here and gone,,,later,,jeanne
Old 08-19-2006, 08:44 AM   #125  

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA the last few days. I have been busy with the new grandbaby, and we had a big event at church last night that I was in charge of.

ROSEY, like you I have not been sleeping too well. My back bothers me in the mornings, but once I am up and moving it seems to limber up. I hope you are walking, even just a little. It is SO good for you, your sugar levels, your fitness, it helps weight loss. Just take baby steps...five minutes...then ten...until you can walk 30 or more. Since you have an artistic eye, you can describe the beautiful Alaska scenery to me that you see. And I will be jealous!

JOSIAN: Wow..I am so excited for you! Its all coming together, and will be here before you know it! Your engagement picture was really nice! Your betrothed has nice hair! Reminded me of my son in law, when he and my daughter first started dating. I love weddings...I am the wedding coordinator for our church, so I am really enjoying hearing about your plans!

JEANNE: I am the one on Byetta. I thought my pen was bad, but I think I was the one who was bad. I had not been walking, but only doing water aerobics, and I guess it was not strenuous enough to get the bg down as well. My morning bg was 87... so I am pretty pleased. It was creeping up to 120...and I was getting depressed about it! I want my next A1c to be really good. I am not losing as well as you. Do you mind posting a menu for me to compare? I eat cereal for breakfast, a half a sandwich for lunch, maybe have a snack of a handful of nuts, then eat some kind of a meat and veggies for dinner. I might have a small potato for dinner, or some kind of a starch, as well. I started out losing pretty well, then the weight loss just stopped.

CREATIONS: Youch! I hope you are feeling a lot better now. That is not a very nice way to lose weight! What kind of a diet do you need to follow for that?

I need to go get some breakfast here... I hope you all have a great day and wonderful weekend!

Oh, and here is a new picture of my grandson! (if I posted one before, please forgive me, I am kind of spacey lately! )

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0016.jpg (20.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #126  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

Hi all!

Feeling lousy today...First day I've caught an icky for over a year, so I guess that's got to be pretty good. Slept for 15 hours, decided to take the day to relax instead of do my across state drive. Hopefully I will be better tomorrow.

to all!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:41 AM   #127  

Good morning! I got the day off to a good start by getting my walk in. Once I am out there, I am amazed at how easy it is, but it sometimes takes some mental games to get myself dressed, shoes on, and out the door!

I started a new Byetta pen yesterday, and it seems to be working better than the last one. The appetite suppressant properties of it were non existent last pen...this one seems to be working. Last night, I just did not want to eat dinner, so I had a few beans and a slice or two of fresh tomato out of the garden, and a few chips with cheese sauce, but the main dish just did not appeal to me (chicken enchilada casserole) so I passed it up. We ate way too late last night as well. I just could not get my act together in the kitchen! Today, I am starting dinner at 3!

JOSIAN: I hope you are feeling better! When is the wedding? (hmm, maybe I ought to do the math from your ticker! )

ROSEY: Where are you? I hope all is well...

I will check back later!
Old 08-22-2006, 03:22 PM   #128  

Morning everyone.. sry i was missing..i have been sick..a flu bug or something..have spent more time in the bathrm than any where else am somewhat better today..just feel washed out.. my sl was up to 144 yesterday but its back to 105 this am..managed some tea and toast this am..its still raining here and cold would be nice to see some sun..hope u all have agreat day.. rosey
Old 08-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #129  

Cool

Hi, all. I've been reading but have been too depressed to post. Still depressed. I've let all the tension and worry get to me and have put on about ten lbs. I keep trying to put the brakes on it but haven't been successful so far. The apartment problems are calmed down but it still isn't a nice situation. Plus a little tension on the job from new court rules requiring us (meaning me!) to file documents on line, which is tricky and stressful. Ah, the joys of computers! Anyway, that's why I haven't felt much like posting.
Rosey - sorry about you're being sick. You need a nice bowl of chicken soup. Hopefully, the sun will show up one of these days.
Monet, congratulations on your new grandbaby.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:37 PM   #130  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

Monet: 11/11/06

My throat is even worse today. I have a doc's appointment this afternoon because I can barely swallow.. I sure do hope it's not strep!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:33 PM   #131  

ROSEY: I am so sorry you have been sick! Feel better!

ROSETTA: Sounds like work is stressful...but remind yourself that stress eating doesn't make you feel better! Come vent here if you like. We don't mind.

JOSIAN: I hope it is not strep too! A lady on the Sugarbusters forum has a son who has strep, so I guess it is going around. Take care of yourself!
Old 08-23-2006, 02:20 PM   #132  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

Phew...

Not strep, or anything else they can pinpoint. I have a lymph node in my throat the size of a golf ball, which makes it hard to swallow or really do much of anything else... they just told me to keep an eye on it and if I'm not better in a couple of days to call them back and they'll run some other tests...

I am feeling better today. I'm up and moving around, getting my work done, so that's a plus
Old 08-23-2006, 02:24 PM   #133  

Morning everyone..well i think i will live..am finally feeling like my old self.. i lost 4 1/2 #'s but it was all water and i dont like to loose like that..my sl was 110 this am.. i was awake at 11:30 pm last nite and very hungry so had a cup of applesauce and afew crackers..my appetite is back..its still raining here.. am very tired of the rain this was the summer that never was josian sure hope u dont have strep..that painful.. get better soon..rosetta am so glad to see u post..i have missed you.. sry for your stress try hitting a pillow and yelling at whom ever and not get the munchies..hard to do i know as im a stress eater too..and i did have chicken stew last nite does that count anyways dont be a stranger..monet thanks for the hug i needed it but am all better now..my dh has helped me catch up on the house work while i was sick(he does have his moments )all i need to do today is load the dishwasher.. plan on working on my card order.. hello to all who are absent..have great day everyone (((((((( ))))))))) rosey
Old 08-23-2006, 03:03 PM   #134  
cinderellawanttobe

S/C/G: 472/456/180

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

i've never chatted before. don;t know if i'm doing it right
Old 08-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #135  
cinderellawanttobe

S/C/G: 472/456/180

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Unhappy please help

i would like to talk to someone. i just started nutrisystem.i have so much to lose.it's overwhelming
Closed Thread