Old 01-10-2005, 06:34 PM   #121  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Guess What????/

Chickies!! I'm so excited! I weighed in this morning (after b-fast) and the scale at work (the official one) said I was at 169.75, so wooo-hooo! I'm back down in the 160's and if I keep going and really stick with this thing I should be down in the 150's before long. I know my metabolism doesn't work like "normal" people and it likes to lag behind when I am losing, so I don't expect the 8-13 lbs in the first two weeks of this induction phase of SB diet, but I do expect to be dropping at least 5 lbs, which should bring me down to the 165 that I have been wanting FOREVER!!!! And then I imagine I can probably drop another 1-2 lbs a week for a few more weeks, but then it will slow down from there! Who knows, I'm just happy to see the scale was lower than last week. I guess that's what happens when I stop putting crap in my mouth eh?

Would you beleive I haven't gotten in my exercise yet??? OK, ok...I feel the cattle prod and the tazer (who's got that anyway....ouch!) so I'm gonna list my foods here and then go down and work out and then maybe have some supper. I'm not really hungry right now, but could maybe use a snack before the workout (I'll eat my "legal" dessert--Mocha Ricotta Creme!)

B-fast: "Julie's Java" and the brocolli cheese onion omlette.
AM Snack: low fat Moz. stick
Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken & a sprinkle of cheese/Rasp./Pecan dressing
red jello with a smidge of FF Cool Whip!
PM snack: celery w/ a wedge of laughing cow cheese spread! YUM!
Supper: None yet, but did taste DD's ravioli! May have some cottage cheese later with some veggies. Not in the mood for meat!

I'm gonna go try to ride the bike for 30 minutes and use my new MP3 player! Yea!!

Lisa...Ironing???? What's that??? LOL!

Jen...Pay Day today?? First one???

Queen...Welcome and I hope you find what you need here! This is a great site!

Alrighty chickies...where are the rest of ya!! Show your faces!!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Well, I splurged and had a slice of pizza for dinner tonight, but considering my brunch (only other meal) was an apple and dry toast, I figured it was okay!

Congratulations to everyone on all their achievements so far!

Keep it up ladies!
lauren2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #123  

Hello all!

I almost forgot to tell you! Yesterday, everything I owned was in the laundry......so I rummaged around in the back of the closet and found a pair of slacks. They are a size smaller than usual.....and they fit perfectly! I don't think I realized how baggy my everyday slacks had become until I put on a pair that fit well.......I think I feel a shopping trip coming on!

Scorchin......sorry you are under the weather....hang in there!

Lucia.....back on track after your near Italian derailment! Good for you!

Betty......congratulations to your debaters! And take a little of the credit for yourself too, for helping to guide them on!

Christine......welcome! This is a great place to get that extra support that you need! These chickies are awesome!

Lisa......Vitamins are a good idea. It is so hard to get all the nutrients that we need to keep everything in balance!

Jenn.....a busy day goes faster! Enjoy!

Julie.....It is so good to hear you back to your old self again.....and super-motivated too! Great job on the weight loss......and this is only the beginning!

Lauren.....the pizza won't do you in.....that apple and toast aren't enough to keep you going!

Food today was not so great.......cereal & milk for breakfast......lunch was a ham/cheese sub (don't know if I needed the sandwich or just to get out of the office for awhile)and diet coke (oops).....and dinner was bbq beef sandwich & salad and water. Didn't get enough water.....my ankles are all puffy. Think I will go get some aerobics in so today won't be a total loss!

Tomorrow is another day......
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:34 PM   #124  
motomom

Default Quick Check In

Just a quick check in to let you all know that I did manage to get in some cardio, but it wasn't what I wanted. I only did about 20 minutes on the bike and then did my toning routine. NOt too happy that I didn't get more of a workout, but
1. DD kept interrupting me
2. My MP3 player songs are not in oder and I had to keep hunting around to find them, which slowed me down
3. I was DOG tired after 20 minutes, so I stopped! Whew! It kicked my butt!

I imagine I will be sore tomorrow, but this is a MUCH better sore than the sore Ihad for a whole week with the flu! AMEN!

OK, I have to confess! I didn't eat supper. I had a couple bites of the Mocha Ricotta thing (blech!) and wasn't really hungry. So Ihad a handful of cashews and some choc. chips (about 20) to go along with it! I know that's tabu on this diet, but (whining here)....they were just there!!! I do so much better during the day and then at night, I want to snack! The cashews were ok, but dang it on the choc. chips! Grrrrrr!

OK, done with my rant! Hope you all are enjoying the evening. I'm calling it an early one as I PLAN to get upa nd work out in the morning even if it's just a 20 minute WATP. I have a meeting to attend tomorrow night, so I know I won't be able to do it after work!

Night night chickies!

Hugs,
Julie
Old 01-10-2005, 10:12 PM   #125  
LucyKitty

HOLY CRIPE!

9 PAGES?! Oops.

I've been doing so-so. Kinda bad, really.

Today = better. I'll update later. Very busy and very tired.
lameducklucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:55 AM   #126  
my dad made me1 from wood

well i just wanted to say I'm still sick but I check up on ur girls everyday...
Take care,
Heather
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 07:03 AM   #127  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameducklucy
HOLY CRIPE!

9 PAGES?! Oops.

I've been doing so-so. Kinda bad, really.

Today = better. I'll update later. Very busy and very tired.
Missed ya chickie! Hang in there! We are here for ya if you need us, remember?? Want to join the exercise challenge?

(((((((((((Lucy))))))))))))
Old 01-11-2005, 07:05 AM   #128  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchin
well i just wanted to say I'm still sick but I check up on ur girls everyday...
Take care,
Heather
Heather,
I know what you mean...gotta have these chickies, huh? I hope you are feeling better in no time and I'm sorry you are under the weather!
((((((((Heather))))))))))))
Old 01-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #129  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Good Morning Sunshines!!

This day is slammed for me. I have 2 meetings, have to buy groceries, go to the bank...plus more!!! Better hurry up and get my shower in!!

I jumped on the scale this morning. It's moving downward...yes!!! I exercised last night, and it felt so good!! I got my water in too. The amazing thing is that I have been getting in my water! That is such a hard part for me. I like my attitude. Oh, I really want this motivation to stick and just carry me to my goal weight!!!!!!!!!!

Well, this is a super short post, but I just wanted to check in and tell you guys that I was thinking about you all. I hope you all have a terrific day filled with good feelings, good food choices, and tons of other good things!! I hope to check back in tonight, but I may not get to, because I have a long meeting from 7-10. Take care chickies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(((((Hugs))))),
Lisa
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #130  
Pending Email Confirmation

Cool

Hi everyone

Hanging in there, I guess. Haven't been too OP or exercising... still trying to be mindful ... oh well... Weigh in tomorrow.... I'm not too optimistic about it. I think I'm just over the "honeymoon stage" and need to keep plodding along until I get re-inspired.

Hikein Julie - Good for you - in the 160's now - It's great when we reach a milestone. Maybe I'll have to look back and check out the exercise challenge.... gotta do something.

Scorchin Heather - Hope this "bug" passes quickly for you and you get back to your dynamo self.

LD Lucy - Well put... "Today = better" - I look forward to seeing how you do it...

LKTS - Keep at it and that .3 will be gone for your next weigh in. You can do it.

MSRD - WHOO HOO. That's great.... fitting into smaller clothes is always such a reward.... especially if you didn't have to buy them. Good for you.... you make me proud!

Lauren - Well if you had to splurge..... I heard somewhere recently that if you had to have fast food .... pizza was the best choice.... so there you go.... WELL DONE and only one piece too..... WTG

Jennifer - always look forward to your stories.... can't wait

Lisa girl - Keep your chin up ... Are you free to come up to do my ironing..... Mostly I have given upon ironing... I just hang everything up out of the dryer and that's as good as it gets

queen_medegha Nice to meet you. I'm on WW also - I got my 10 percent in Novemeber I think.... I still have a long way to go tho.....

Betty - I'm sure if you "mention" your success with exercising again at a later date your Momma might look on it in a different light. Good for you with your successes.

Lucia - Here's to good habits sticking. I think moderation key and, look, your back on track now. Good for you.

Well I hope I didn't miss anyone..... If I did I'm sorry, but have a great day anyways.... WE CAN DO IT.

Joy
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:42 AM   #131  

well I haven't been doing so well. Not my fault though. Sunday we went out to eat knowing that it was raining... not bad either with food. Well when we were coming back home, we couldn't get here. The roads were flooded so we ended up having to wait until 1 yesterday morning to get home. Of course I was dead tired but couldn't sleep so was up until after 3 and ended up sleeping in. Electricity was out for a while and I was just too worn out to do anything yesterday so I didn't do anything at all. Today, although I am still not feeling like doing much, I will do some of todays workout and some of yesterdays. I will just do the things that impact the most and then say forget the rest. That is alright. Atleast I am doing something. I think that I will go since I do need to atleast start so that I can spend some time with my daughter later. That is all for now I suppose.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #132  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

How is everyone today?

I'm doing ok, though not fantastic. I'm hanging out at Steve's today in order to use his highspeed internet (my dialup connection really sucks). I'm planning to use his bike after breakfast settles down a bit. I'm still feeling kind of bleh but I'm getting over it.

I lost my wallet, but it's gotta be at work, or perhaps in my car. Since we were doing inventory yesterday we weren't allowed to leave the building during the day, and I know I had it at lunch, so it's in the building somewhere. I'm going to investigate later today.

I don't know. I don't really have anything interesting to say. Not feeling particularly great.

I hope everyone is having a good day. I'll be back later to check in.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:25 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Well, Ladies, I am busy trying to get some of my new furniture pieces painted before I go to work on thursday...

Just thought I would pop in and say hello! So far I am within calorie limits and have done 2 of my 5 cardio days for the week. Hope you all are doing great!

-Lauren
lauren2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:26 PM   #134  
motomom

Default Feeling GReat!

Isn't that what Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes) says??? I feel much more positive now that I am seeing results in the downward fashion on the scale! Wooo Hooo! Another 3/4 lb gone today and I am down to 169.0 That just totally rocks. Perhaps 165 IS doable with this "fast track" program I am on! I never thought in a million years it would work this well for me! I guess getting all that crap out of my system was the key. My body doesn't need all those bad carbs!!! I guess I knew that, but didn't want to come to terms with giving up sugar! This has been the way to go, however and I recommend it for anyone who is struggling...it's the ONLY way to de-carb your body! South Beach rocks!!!

OK, a couple of little things that happened today.
1. One of my residents (OK, she has dementia, but she can still see!!!!) says to me "I used to be skinny like you" as she was patting my fat on my thigh!!! God bless the residents! They do wonders for my ego!
2. Dang...forgot the 2nd point but I know it was important, but I have to go to a meeting, so...
Oh yea...I got my workout in tonight! 25 minutes and 7 miles (pretty lame, eh?) but I burned a few caloreis AND did my toning routine!!!

That's it!

Gabrielle...glad you are safe! The weather and all the landslides and stuff out there! Terrible! Keep safe, chickie!

Hugs to all!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:00 PM   #135  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Whew! busy day today, for sure. I am sure liking my new position. Always something to do, always another person to help, or to work with. Not isolated in my little cubicle waiting for MoniCow to blow a gasket. Rumor is that she sucked it up & apologized to Debbie yesterday. Man, I wanted to be there to overhear it! Darn! LOL- I'm sure the receptionist will fill me in on everything once the time comes.

Tomorrow our manager is scheduled to be back. Pretty soon after surgery & radiation therapy, but she seems like she is in good spirits, and that's very positive. And with Bonnie back, I don't think MoniCow would be stupid enough to pull that kind of crap. If she does...well, then I think she IS looking to be fired!

Sucking down dinner now- a can of chickarina, plus another full can of water to give it more volume. I'll be peeing through the entire finale of the Biggest Loser. Anyhow- the big news for tonight is that I did 2 miles of the 3 mile WATP express. 31 minutes of cardio, and I start sweating around the 8 minute mark. Once I got past 22 minutes, I was desperate for that stupid mile marker to show up. Thank god it only does the full mile increments on the 3 & 4 mile ones- I would have been tempted to stop at 1.5 miles, otherwise.

I'll plan to comment early tomorrow. Gotta get in early- we are decorating the boss' office and throwing a welcome back breakfast of bagels. I need to make sure I get my 1 mile in so that I can have a honey wheat bagel with Brummel & Brown yogurt spread. What to have for my protein? hmmm. Suggestions? What isn't gross with a honey wheat bagel?

Have a great night, ladies! Hope everyone is starting to get over this bug!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote